PDA

View Full Version : How 'Normal' are Forum Members?

Thunder Child
04-28-2012, 03:23 AM
Okay, so I made the question purposely provocative (dictionary, Bronson!), but the issue I would like to throw out for discussion is how representative of Modern War players do you think Forum members are?

I can't remember which thread it was, but someone suggested that Forum members might actually be doing better than non-Forum players on these events. After some thought (yes, Bronson, I can and do use the little grey cells sometimes), I've come to the conclusion that there might be some truth in this.

Perhaps because we play in a much more visible way, or perhaps because we are spurred on by those we meet and get to know in this unusual space, we might simply be more active than the ordinary Jo(?)....What do you think?

Bronson, I love you man! This is for you!

Bronson
04-28-2012, 03:33 AM
Step 1 complete!

Tctiger
04-28-2012, 04:10 AM
Forum members are freaks of nature, oh I'm a forum member :)

Ramshutu
04-28-2012, 04:31 AM
It takes a special type of OCD weirdo to regularly post on Internet forums about a computer game. I would say yes, my forum brethren and I will most likely do better than others, as we are all odd enough to put that extra amount of thought and effort into doing stuff

Bronson
04-28-2012, 06:27 AM
Phase 2 complete and now phase 3 I'm normal just to let you all know and went to the store earlier to get my beers for the night and got asked for ID oh yeah I still got it lol :)

Hello Kitty
04-28-2012, 06:31 AM
Phase 2 complete and now phase 3 I'm normal just to let you all know and went to the store earlier to get my beers for the night and got asked for ID oh yeah I still got it lol :)You better hurry up with more 3 and 4. Phase 5 is here! Nature beat you to it.

Bronson
04-28-2012, 06:46 AM
You better hurry up with more 3 and 4. Phase 5 is here! Nature beat you to it.

Phase 3 was my above post the hijack and you completed phase 4 by replying to the hijack and now the chaos ensues lol

Hello Kitty
04-28-2012, 06:59 AM
Phase 3 was my above post the hijack and you completed phase 4 by replying to the hijack and now the chaos ensues lolWhat is normal TC? I agree that forum members have an advantage with the insights. I have non-forum friends that play and I share tips and tricks with them that they wouldn't know otherwise. And...scene.

Bronson
04-28-2012, 07:07 AM
Thanks Kitty - Thread Closed

PS cheers for the man love TC but I don't butter my bread that way, sorry :)

Hello Kitty
04-28-2012, 07:10 AM
Phase 3 was my above post the hijack and you completed phase 4 by replying to the hijack and now the chaos ensues lolBuzz kill, eh? Let's go back to 4. Much more fun!

RonaldPVincent
04-28-2012, 07:12 AM
Knowledge is power generally speaking.

However as far as these events go- I see very little in the way of members have much of an advantage.Id be extremely disappointed if there was one tho. Hardly seems fair.

Gamewide,the strategic insight and economic infrastructure advice offered by many in here ,thanks mainly to trial and error...saves someone here,in the forum reading ,from many pitfalls that others 'driving blind' ,so to speak, may end up discovering the hard way.

In my humble opinion, the simple act of being a contributing member in this forum is the key to opening locked doors tho. That would boil down to favoritism.

BTW Im eccentrically normal.

Thunder Child
04-28-2012, 07:13 AM
Thanks Kitty - Thread ClosedPS cheers for the man love TC but I don't butter my bread that way, sorry :)You use your butter any way you wish, Bronson!

Bronson
04-28-2012, 07:15 AM
Dam Ron that's exactly what I was gonna say lol

Phase 4 is my favourite As well so maybe I should just add phase 6 more chaos ;)

Bronson
04-28-2012, 07:29 AM
You use your butter any way you wish, Bronson!

I will TC and I also think I proved my TC forum theorem

negotiator
04-28-2012, 09:02 AM

However as far as these events go- I see very little in the way of members have much of an advantage.Id be extremely disappointed if there was one tho. Hardly seems fair.

Gamewide,the strategic insight and economic infrastructure advice offered by many in here ,thanks mainly to trial and error...saves someone here,in the forum reading ,from many pitfalls that others 'driving blind' ,so to speak, may end up discovering the hard way.

In my humble opinion, the simple act of being a contributing member in this forum is the key to opening locked doors tho. That would boil down to favoritism.

That is pretty deep.

Warfiend
04-28-2012, 09:41 AM
If all the stats people claim here are to be believed, I would say most here are far ahead of the curve when it comes to this game in general based on what I see on my rivals list. If you're not ahead of the curve when you get here, you will be if you read and learn. Not sure if there's much of an edge to be gained in events, except that it's not immediately obvious(or wasn't to me) that pvp is a bad place to look for boxes on the first few days. That's a decent edge to have I suppose.

I've never been normal, generally speaking. Words like "exceptional" "extraordinary" "outstanding" and "extremely humble" describe me best.

RonaldPVincent
04-28-2012, 11:20 AM
I've never been normal, generally speaking. Words like "exceptional" "extraordinary" "outstanding" and "extremely humble" describe me best.

lol....I see what you did there.

Everson25
04-28-2012, 01:29 PM
First of all, I want to say that I'm normal. My wife says that I'm not as I keep spending so much time reading the threads on this forum...lol. Second, I need to say that the strategies and suggestions shared on this forum has helped me to improve a lot. Finally, it's fun to be part or just read these threads.

LeBarticus
04-28-2012, 02:14 PM
Do you want to be normal?

Agent Orange
04-28-2012, 09:02 PM
Define 'normal' I would hardly classify myself as even remotely 'normal'.

Forum members should have a definite advantage since they can pick the brains of players who are further along in the game then they are and hard core players can bounce ideas off of others making it a far more collaborative event.

And we can all moan and complain en masse.

Agent Orange
04-28-2012, 09:06 PM

In terms of the events? Well if you follow some simple steps you can win.

The most important one is to get as many parts/documents or whatever the thing de jour is on day 1 since the game is rigged so that as time goes on your odds of completing the event decrease and I actually don't think it's tied to the number you have. I suspect the magic number is 8 parts on day 1 or even better 9 which I believe is doable because the game is rigged on the first day to suck you in by giving out more parts on that day so you need to take advantage of this. Then as the event progresses the likelihood of finding parts starts to really decrease to the point that if you still only have 8 in the last 48 hours you are screwed and even if you have 9 you may come up short regardless of how much gold you waste throwing at it.

Jp lfs
04-28-2012, 09:36 PM
I am with AO 100%. My free LLP got 10 parts 2 days ago. My gold HLP has been stuck on 8 for 2 days with a ridiculous amount of gold thrown in. It is cruel, vicious, and infuriating...

But as far as the OP, of course we're the best and brightest. That's why we're here, right?