PDA

View Full Version : [Information] Casualty Calculations

dtgamemaster
04-28-2012, 02:15 AM
Hey guys.

Just wanna ask.

1)In the data sheet, there is a casualty rate listed for each unit.
Example: Air Elemental - 0.015

What does this mean? Is this a percentage meaning 1.5% probability dying in battle?

2) How was this casualty rate extracted? Is it accurate?

3) How are casualties calculated?
Is it - All units involved in battle have to undergo a "dice-roll" whether they die or not?

4) Won't this mean having too much allies will work against you as more units are involved which might die?

5) Most importantly, will having a much bigger attack than the target defense mean less chance of casualties?

twchung22
04-28-2012, 07:40 AM
1. Yes, the lower the number is the less chance your unit will die in battles
2. In programming codes
3. Yes, the higher the casualty rate, the higher the chance the unit might die in battle
4. Works both way, that's why you want you have some weak "meat shield" units with high casualty rate to shield your stronger units
5. No, bigger attack units will be more likely to be brought into battles when you are attacking, and higher defense point units are more likely to be brought into battles when you are defending

Please correct me if I am wrong, that's the knowledge I gained from playing Modern War and Kingdom Age.

Freekizh
04-28-2012, 09:19 AM
I believe allhaildiscordia got the data from client side data extensions resident on our devices. We suspect server side constraints are imposed such as cap on total total losses (depending on levels) on the random number generator runs, and other adjustment factors in the algo.

After around 500 PvP attacks, I have found that the casualty rates seem consistent with my limited experience.

Most of this is speculation, albeit educated guesses from MW and other collective experiences.

keijishun88
05-01-2012, 03:20 PM
Does upgrading Infirmary to max help a lot in reducing the causality rate?

FisK
05-01-2012, 03:50 PM
Upgrading Unit buildings like Barracks or Colosseum has as far as I know, no impact on Casualty rate.
The only way to reduce the Unit Casualty rate is by building and upgrading the "Water Temple of Healing" boost building. (It reduce unit Casualty rate on all Units by 3% pr. level))

Freekizh
05-01-2012, 04:19 PM

This is a complicated question. I think if you have less troops and are at lower levels it will help. If you have a lot of troops and at higher levels, you will lose 2-3 troops no matter how low the casualty rate is. Also you would have to do a crapload of PVP to achieve the expected value results if it does work - problem is we don't know if casualty rate is the only factor driving calculations.

I don't think it's value but I am still experimenting with a level 5 infirmary in MW which should be similar mechanics.

Ghost818
05-01-2012, 04:34 PM
One thing I can confirm is when you attack people with FAR less defense than your attack, you will rarely lose units doesn't matter what kind. But if you are attacking people with only a little less, equal to, or greater than defense than your attack, guaranteed you will lose units.

This is experimented at level 50, with other level 45-50s with far less allies than I. My attack is 9.5K+ when I attack people with 2-3K defense I rarely lose units, from 4-6K I lose 1-2 sometimes 3 low level units, and anything above that is already what you expect.

keijishun88
05-01-2012, 07:20 PM
Thanks guy for the support answer as i thinking ways to prevent those high value unit lose in battle. As doing PVP attack sometime i lose more unit then i earn money during the PVP. I also found out when raiding those lower in defense unit cut down the chances of losing more unit causality

keijishun88
05-01-2012, 08:15 PM
Upgrading Unit buildings like Barracks or Colosseum has as far as I know, no impact on Casualty rate.
The only way to reduce the Unit Casualty rate is by building and upgrading the "Water Temple of Healing" boost building. (It reduce unit Casualty rate on all Units by 3% pr. level))

Are you in the right game? Water Temple Of Healing?

Ghost818
05-02-2012, 12:55 AM
Are you in the right game? Water Temple Of Healing?

Perhaps you are on the wrong forum? There is a Water Temple of Healing building, which you can build by expanding into the water. This building adds a perk of 3% less casualty rates for your units in Kingdom Age iOS