PDA

View Full Version : Art Crates

Gr8Stealth
04-28-2012, 12:51 AM
I have never tried to open crates using gold bars so thought I would ask for advice here first. Is it worthwhile to spend the 15 gold to open a crate, in that we get good value items or is it a waste of real $$$?

Also, is there anyway we can change the name of our characters in any of the games? If yes, how would I go about doing it? It's pretty obvious and easy to have a sex change, but a name change eludes me!

Thanks in advance.

doinkent
04-28-2012, 12:53 AM
in my opinion only use gold if youre on 9 and theres under a day left

and no you cant change your name

Gr8Stealth
04-28-2012, 12:59 AM
Wow thanks for the fast reply!

I take it you mean only if I have 9 crates on hand?

Pity about the name change.....

Ghost818
04-28-2012, 01:10 AM
Wow thanks for the fast reply!

I take it you mean only if I have 9 crates on hand?

Pity about the name change.....
He means 9 Rare Paintings, or whatever you need 10 of in the future.

Synergy
04-28-2012, 01:23 AM
I have never tried to open crates using gold bars so thought I would ask for advice here first. Is it worthwhile to spend the 15 gold to open a crate, in that we get good value items or is it a waste of real $$$?

Also, is there anyway we can change the name of our characters in any of the games? If yes, how would I go about doing it? It's pretty obvious and easy to have a sex change, but a name change eludes me!

Thanks in advance.

It is totally possible to change your name. I've seen many do it. Email Funzio on that one.

As far as wether the 15 gold is worth it....well that all depends on how much $ you can afford to drop on gold, if you can afford or want to take the gambling risk (as there's no guarantee and people spend ridiculous amounts without getting #10 sometimes), and wether or not you see that 10th item as being a significant enough benefit to your playing style or a significant enough benefit in one way or another to maybe get you to change your playing style a bit.

Hank
04-28-2012, 01:24 AM
I would say only spend gold if you are commited to go the distance and spend whatever it takes. If you have 9 paintings and spend gold, You might get it with 300 gold or so, but on the other hand you could spend 2000 gold and still not get it. So just know what you are getting into and don't whine if you spend a fortune and don't get it

Synergy
04-28-2012, 01:30 AM
I have never tried to open crates using gold bars so thought I would ask for advice here first. Is it worthwhile to spend the 15 gold to open a crate, in that we get good value items or is it a waste of real $$$? Thanks in advance.

When I re-read this I started wondering if you actually were asking if opening art crates with gold gives you different items than opening with cash. No, they give you the same items. All using gold does is gaurantee an opened crate.

xclusiv
04-28-2012, 01:37 AM
waste of $$

Synergy
04-28-2012, 01:47 AM
waste of $$

After the first event I felt the same exact way. Didn't spend gold on any others until this one. This time I spent $20 on gold for the event just to see if the odds seemed to have changed at all and because I see multiple advantages to energy refilling 65% faster. $20 got me 9/10. In my opinion either I got lucky, the odds are better, or opening with gold from the start gives you a better chance than waiting until you're towards the end to start opening with gold for whatever reason. Either way, the reward this time is worth the $20 investment to me.

vitus79
04-28-2012, 01:49 AM
waste of $$

in my opinion its more waste of time/money to wait another hour to open a crate with money option
especially when i play at work makes me think its worth the dollar instead of wasting time for a sry, try again

x, still waiting for the day u finally slap my butt^^ last revenge i lost 2 napalms so i wont retaliate anymore. just waiting for the first red empire news from you, attack of course not a rob :)

Leopold Stotch
04-28-2012, 03:21 PM
After the first event I felt the same exact way. Didn't spend gold on any others until this one. This time I spent $20 on gold for the event just to see if the odds seemed to have changed at all and because I see multiple advantages to energy refilling 65% faster. $20 got me 9/10. In my opinion either I got lucky, the odds are better, or opening with gold from the start gives you a better chance than waiting until you're towards the end to start opening with gold for whatever reason. Either way, the reward this time is worth the $20 investment to me.

i dont want you shoot down your theory synergy, but i have been using the medium crate opening method the entire event and i am at 8 paintings right now, not sure if thats luck or what, but medium option seems to always get me to number 7 or 8 , then i never get any higher. im also only opening about 10 times a day

Synergy
04-28-2012, 03:43 PM
i dont want you shoot down your theory synergy, but i have been using the medium crate opening method the entire event and i am at 8 paintings right now, not sure if thats luck or what, but medium option seems to always get me to number 7 or 8 , then i never get any higher. im also only opening about 10 times a day

I'm not saying that it's not possible to get 7 or 8 by now using the medium method. That's what I usually wound up with when I was using the medium method. I'm just saying that by using the gold option from the beginning, I was able to get to #9 quicker than I ever was able to using the medium method. Also, in the first event I didn't start using gold until I got 6 or 7 and ended up blowing through nearly a vault of gold before I got the sig. It still remains to be seen what I'll have to go through to get the last one this time.