PDA

View Full Version : Not using all my units

askljdhaf4
04-27-2012, 07:13 PM
So recently i added a bunch of new allies, which of course allow me to bring a bunch of new units into battle.. to be exact, i have 85 allies, allowing me to bring 255 units, weapons, and armor into the battle.

Let me state that i own 255 foot soldiers (+1/+1).

When i attack other people, on the attack results screen, it says that i am only bringing 84 total items (units/weapons/armor) into the battle, while my opponents are in the ballpark of 700.. Even if I didnt own any weapons or armor, i would think that my MINIMUM number of items brought into the battle should be 255, considering i own enough soldiers to outfit every available slot.

Am i missing something here..?

askljdhaf4
04-27-2012, 09:34 PM
anyone else also notice this? anyone know what the problem is? would love some feedback =)

Ghost818
04-27-2012, 11:34 PM
The number you see during the battle results, isn't how many total. It is just the total count of the top 45 which is a useless #

askljdhaf4
04-28-2012, 12:30 AM
The number you see during the battle results, isn't how many total. It is just the total count of the top 45 which is a useless #

I guess I should have originally stated this, but that is what I initially thought.. until i actually took out a calculator and added my top 45 units, and found the number to be way off.. So, have no idea what that number actually represents.

It would help if it told you exactly how many total units you were using, so you could easily figure out if your not maxing out your available slots. If you have 10 allies, you should be attacking with 90 units (30 units, 30 weapons, 30 armor). If the number reflected total units, and it read that you attacked with 84 instead of the 90 you should have, you could easily see that you are short on something or another.

Ghost818
04-28-2012, 01:05 AM
I guess I should have originally stated this, but that is what I initially thought.. until i actually took out a calculator and added my top 45 units, and found the number to be way off.. So, have no idea what that number actually represents.

It would help if it told you exactly how many total units you were using, so you could easily figure out if your not maxing out your available slots. If you have 10 allies, you should be attacking with 90 units (30 units, 30 weapons, 30 armor). If the number reflected total units, and it read that you attacked with 84 instead of the 90 you should have, you could easily see that you are short on something or another.

When I added mine, it was that # - 6. I tested with a friend and got the same. Back when I started playing, that # actually represented the total count taken into battle, I have no idea why they changed it.

askljdhaf4
04-28-2012, 02:32 AM
Back when I started playing, that # actually represented the total count taken into battle, I have no idea why they changed it.

Yah, when I noticed the same thing.. it USED to represent the total brought into battle... that's how I initially figured out my +0/+3 magic units weren't equipping a weapon/armor and going into battle when i attacked.

As per adding yours and testing w/ a friend.. maybe sometimes it works out that way and sometimes it doesn't. As i am typing this, I am looking at a fight recap, and the guy I just fought brought 651 items into battle, but his top 45 only add to 237. So i am at a loss to see the usefulness of this number or what it actually represents.

I will say that after adding up the attack of all my units, weapons and armor that my attack power is properly reflected. It's just that damn number that's confusing to me.

Ghost818
04-28-2012, 10:42 AM
I am gonna run this by the devs. Ill hopefully have an answer by monday (They usually dont answer during the weekend)

heath4pack
04-28-2012, 02:06 PM
^ahhhh....so I wasn't the only one puzzled by this!