PDA

View Full Version : Some advice please

Luke 3457
04-27-2012, 01:52 PM
I have 725 gold and I'm unsure if I should wait for new crates and buy 5 (3 pack). Or Spend all of it on the event, I'd get 48 gold opens. By the way I have 8 paintings. Thanks for your help.

deuces
04-27-2012, 01:56 PM
See how the event goes, theres still 3 and a half days left.

Decide with 24 hours left how much you want the final item, and use that much gold trying to get it. If you dont, f your life, but you decided the 65% energy was worth it. If you do, sweet, and spend the rest on crates.

Nicholost
04-27-2012, 02:05 PM
I'm personally a fan of certainty over chance. The current crates are quite good; the odds are significantly better than previous sets and the items are quite appealing this time around. Yes, the Devil's Take Down is powerful and the effect is tempting, but there is a good chance that you could spend all 725g and still not get it. My vote goes to crates.

Actually, dueces idea is a nice compromise. To add to it, give yourself a budget for the event (e.g. 200g). Spend up to that on the events and rest on crates. That prevents the case where you get caught in the moment and burn through all 725g.

Luke 3457
04-27-2012, 02:06 PM
So with 24 hrs left are saying use resets or just use gold to open

Luke 3457
04-27-2012, 02:11 PM
Yeah I'm leaning towards crates... I hate the idea of throwing money away. I'm Irish but not real lucky. Thanks guys!

Burn
04-27-2012, 02:14 PM
This is a decision for another day, don't waste G's on something you can still get for free. Keep that safety on.

Gold will still be there. No rush.

Nicholost
04-27-2012, 02:14 PM
So with 24 hrs left are saying use resets or just use gold to open

I would personally wait until there are less than two hours left before using gold. I would then use gold on only timer resets. I say that but the only time I ever got a 10th item was with a series of timer resets, then one gold open, and I got it on that last attempt. Just say'n...

erik
04-27-2012, 02:18 PM
Luke, I would hate to see you end up without anything which could happen with the event... however, 65% more energy if you do any type of boss farming is really a pretty big deal. A game changer really unless they keep tossing these out all the time.

Personally, I would do the 65% and then farm common item equivalents 65% faster.

Good luck!!

PS I would loot like made until atleast the last 2 (maybe last day with 9) before hitting the gold if you are a very faithful opener.

erik
04-27-2012, 02:19 PM
Nicholost - Gutsy, but maybe not statistically the best with sub 50% opens. Maybe better to start hitting guarentees on the hour.

Luke 3457
04-27-2012, 02:20 PM
Went with crates glad I did I got 5 rare 5 uncommon and 5 common. Thanks again guys

Nicholost
04-27-2012, 02:25 PM
Nicholost - Gutsy, but maybe not statistically the best with sub 50% opens. Maybe better to start hitting guarentees on the hour.

That's totally true. However, I'm maintaining well over a 50% success rate this event, so using only timer resets makes a lot of sense for me.

Went with crates glad I did I got 5 rare 5 uncommon and 5 common. Thanks again guys

Well done. That's gold well spent.

jobadass
04-27-2012, 02:47 PM
I have 725 gold and I'm unsure if I should wait for new crates and buy 5 (3 pack). Or Spend all of it on the event, I'd get 48 gold opens. By the way I have 8 paintings. Thanks for your help.
DO NOT SPEND ONE PIECE OF GOLD ON ANY EVENT!!! My advice...Nicholost is right spend it on something tangible. Crates, Bldgs, upgrading to Goodfella.

jobadass
04-27-2012, 02:48 PM
That's totally true. However, I'm maintaining well over a 50% success rate this event, so using only timer resets makes a lot of sense for me.

Well done. That's gold well spent.
LOL I should read to the end of the thread