PDA

View Full Version : Caaaaaamping!

King James
04-27-2012, 06:54 AM
Hi guys..

I'm lvl 3. Plan on camping for.. I don't know how long. Probably very long. Probably as long as I can stand it.

Anyone got any advice, for someone like me? I don't wanna raise my defence, incase I get attacked and win (and level..) But I think everyone else on level 3.. are people who quit.. or are literally just starting, about about to level (to lvl 4+)

Heres my stats..

Lvl 3
4 attack, 1 defence

2 houses (lvl 2, lvl 1)
2 pawn shops (lvl 3, lvl 2)
2 tattoo parlours (lvl 2, lvl 2)
2 delis (lvl 2, lvl 2)
2 pizza parlours (lvl 3, lvl 3)
2 LM's (lvl 5, lvl 4)
1 court (lvl 2)

No room for anything else. Income per hour of $2006. Anyone got any experience with camping.. What is the best thing for me to lvl up?

My thoughts:

LM's. I can collect them probably 2-3 times an hour (when keen). Both at lvl 5 would give me around $500 an hour. Only problem is while theyre upgrading.. My other buildings arn't paying..

It's a slow process camping.. Just looking for the quick way out :D

AppleMacGuy
04-27-2012, 06:59 AM
Watching paint dry is more fun than camping which is soooooo boring.....don't do it :p

murf
04-27-2012, 07:00 AM
Hi guys..

I'm lvl 3. Plan on camping for.. I don't know how long. Probably very long. Probably as long as I can stand it.

Anyone got any advice, for someone like me? I don't wanna raise my defence, incase I get attacked and win (and level..) But I think everyone else on level 3.. are people who quit.. or are literally just starting, about about to level (to lvl 4+)

Heres my stats..

Lvl 3
4 attack, 1 defence

2 houses (lvl 2, lvl 1)
2 delis (lvl 2, lvl 2)
2 LM's (lvl 5, lvl 4)
1 court (lvl 2)

No room for anything else. Income per hour of $2006. Anyone got any experience with camping.. What is the best thing for me to lvl up?

My thoughts:

LM's. I can collect them probably 2-3 times an hour (when keen). Both at lvl 5 would give me around $500 an hour. Only problem is while theyre upgrading.. My other buildings arn't paying..

Quick answer to try and get everything to ~L5 (after that upgrade times jump up), choose the one you can afford and try and pick an upgrade time so that you always have something upgrading (quick upgrades during the day, longer ones while you sleep)...you should also look into getting Italian restaurants...

Sasha54
04-27-2012, 07:00 AM
Hi guys..

Heres my stats..

Lvl 3
4 attack, 1 defence

2 houses (lvl 2, lvl 1)
2 delis (lvl 2, lvl 2)
2 LM's (lvl 5, lvl 4)
1 court (lvl 2)

My thoughts:

Well there are a lot of successful campers on the forum so I'm sure you will get lots of good advice.
I have not been able to do it for long - it was too boring for me but I may try to level very slowly soon.

Just wondered - what are your reasons for camping?

King James
04-27-2012, 07:10 AM
Thanks to everyone who has replied.

@AppleMacGuy.. Depends what colour paint.. Lime green I'm all for.. But one of the many shades of white.. count me out!
@murf.. That's top advice. I do only have the one mafia member but as soon as I can save A) Enough to expand, B) $4,500 for each restaurant and C) add 19 more members, I'll have to stick with what I've got. I'll keep shooting for lvl 5 everything
@Sasha54.. My only reasons are to A) Have a superior economy and feel smug when browsing through my rival list. B) To one day.. One day far far away.. Be so rich for my level that I can buy every weapon to fill out my mafia.. and C) .. I guess theres only 2 reasons. See A and B :)

white frog
04-27-2012, 07:14 AM
Camping takes a lot of patience! I think (trying not to be arrogant...) I'm probably one of the most successful campers to date, and I've got the perfect tool for you. Download the "All in One" from my signature and fill it out. The "Goal Calculator" will be extremely valuable for you in determining how to most effectively grow your economy the quickest. You will need to level up, slowly, but eventually, to get to the buildings that you really want to camp with (MT and Loft). Take your time, be patient, and PM me if you want any other advice!

murf
04-27-2012, 07:26 AM
Thanks to everyone who has replied.

@AppleMacGuy.. Depends what colour paint.. Lime green I'm all for.. But one of the many shades of white.. count me out!
@murf.. That's top advice. I do only have the one mafia member but as soon as I can save A) Enough to expand, B) $4,500 for each restaurant and C) add 19 more members, I'll have to stick with what I've got. I'll keep shooting for lvl 5 everything
@Sasha54.. My only reasons are to A) Have a superior economy and feel smug when browsing through my rival list. B) To one day.. One day far far away.. Be so rich for my level that I can buy every weapon to fill out my mafia.. and C) .. I guess theres only 2 reasons. See A and B :)

No problem...in the beginning there are more optimal ways of getting to where you need to be, but for the first week it doesn't really matter too much...but as your decisions become more difficult as to what to upgrade/build definitely try and build a spreadsheet or use white frog's (I haven't looked at it, but I'm sure it's pretty good).

kaz
04-27-2012, 07:30 AM
White frog, here’s a question for you, are you doing any jobs or robbing hoods while you camping?
I just started camping to improve my poor economy, but I'm currently robbing LM's for respect, is it still considered as pure camping?

buddylee
04-27-2012, 07:36 AM
I agree with White Frog, it takes a lot of patience. I has a similar discussion on another forum about why we camp. It's just a difference of gaming style. I'm having fun with it. Nice tool by the way Frog. I started camping around level 47, it's those darn events that got me to the level I'm at now.

One of the things I did early was getting the ice cream shops with the gold that I started out with. I leveled those pretty quickly. Eventually, they will become obsolete, but they did help me to where I am now. I think I will eventually get rid of all my 3 hour buildings, but right now I'm just collecting the extra cash.

Good Luck

white frog
04-27-2012, 07:42 AM
White frog, here’s a question for you, are you doing any jobs or robbing hoods while you camping?
I just started camping to improve my poor economy, but I'm currently robbing LM's for respect, is it still considered as pure camping?
I do... I mainly hit lvl 7 LMs, Lofts, Collection Agencies, and Blues Clubs. They all give great RP for minimal XP! It's not really considered camping anymore.. technically it's called "crawling." I do this for two reasons: RP and for the events! Current event isn't producing much for me. Be careful, though, if you get into the events. It's very tempting to get carried away and start robbing everything you see, spending money, etc.

kaz
04-27-2012, 07:47 AM
I do... I mainly hit lvl 7 LMs, Lofts, Collection Agencies, and Blues Clubs. They all give great RP for minimal XP! It's not really considered camping anymore.. technically it's called "crawling." I do this for two reasons: RP and for the events! Current event isn't producing much for me. Be careful, though, if you get into the events. It's very tempting to get carried away and start robbing everything you see, spending money, etc.
You just described my problem. I see a nice building open for robbing and I just can't resist the temptation, even if it's give high XP. Guess I should work on my self :)

Thanks for the answer.

Mr BigBenga
04-27-2012, 08:03 AM

So "crawling" is increasing your income/h and robbing only LM,lofts,collection agencies, etc, and getting xp very slowly?

And camping is only increasing your income/h ?

Thank you dude.

G Wiz
04-27-2012, 09:13 AM
Hi guys..

Heres my stats..

Lvl 3
4 attack, 1 defence

2 houses (lvl 2, lvl 1)
2 delis (lvl 2, lvl 2)
2 LM's (lvl 5, lvl 4)
1 court (lvl 2)

My thoughts:

It's a slow process camping.. Just looking for the quick way out :D First off, are you talking about lebron james when you say you want the quick way out? (Sorry couldn't resist lol)

But on another note, you have to realize that the lover the level of camping, the harder it will be to pull money, simply because the means of getting resources conflicts with the idea of "complete" camping. You will have to do other things to occupy your time...However, i would suggest trying to set timers for your laundromats to collect more in an hour seeing as they reap every 5 mins.

King James
04-27-2012, 10:26 PM
First off, are you talking about lebron james when you say you want the quick way out? (Sorry couldn't resist lol)

But on another note, you have to realize that the lover the level of camping, the harder it will be to pull money, simply because the means of getting resources conflicts with the idea of "complete" camping. You will have to do other things to occupy your time...However, i would suggest trying to set timers for your laundromats to collect more in an hour seeing as they reap every 5 mins.

Haha.. Diehard Heat/Lebron fan.. That was a good one though! I appreciate jokes about him, they're funny..

Just watch us dismantle the knicks over the next week or so!