PDA

View Full Version : Does MW use up much mobile data?

james cash
04-26-2012, 12:32 PM
I only have like 1GB data for my contract, I check my MW every 10 minutes or so... So if it does, i need
to cut down quickly... do you know if it uses alot of data space?

Btw add me guys?349-703-788

overkill 280
04-26-2012, 12:56 PM
Your in the same boat as me. And to answer your question, YES. I don't log on anywhere near that often, and by the end of the month I've just about reached the 1GB limit. But mind you, I do check a few other games as well and Fb.

mickymacirl
04-26-2012, 03:25 PM
It does use a fair bit, I was in Spain on holidays at the start of this month and it cost me like 20 bones just for the extra data due to the fact I wasn't connected to WIFI.

There are various APPs for iOS that record ur usage, have a look for one of those, give you the correct numbers.

james cash
04-27-2012, 02:06 AM
Oh, Well i use the vodafone app because it tells me how much i've used but i think i've got unlimited but i don't know..

bilbo baggins
04-27-2012, 02:16 AM
I use an app called Onavo extend if I am ever on a 3g network (tbf I am on wifi 80% of the time) This saves around 20% of the data usage. So if you are using all your 1gb a month this could help.

JMC
04-27-2012, 08:14 AM
I use an app called Dataman to record my data usage and Wifi usage. Modern War alone doesn't use much data. Maybe a few hundred kb if you're refreshing rivals lists and stuff a lot every 30-60 mins. If you're data usage is going up a lot, it's likely because you have dozens of other apps also running in the background. Close everything else before you go on data.

Populouspapa
04-27-2012, 09:08 AM
Staying in your own hood just collecting doesn't consume that much, but if you do missions/raiding it does.

Thunder Child
04-27-2012, 09:13 AM
I really have no idea what you guys are on about. Here in Korea I pay about $10 a month and for that my family gets to use a landline and all the wireless internet access we want/need on a dozen or so computers and smart devices. Welcome to the Korea!

JMC
04-27-2012, 01:12 PM
Not talking about wi-fi in the house, talking about cellular data for playing the game on your device, outside of your house.

SeqWins
04-27-2012, 01:27 PM
Korea is nice, I got to go to the border where the North K and The South K are just staring at each other ready to rumble...we were allowed to stare but make no facial expressions or hand gestures and also we wore civilian atire...If only them kids knew we were so much bad ass than them..I will tell you though they did not seem intimidated by our size and not bragging but we're pretty big group of devils.

LuLu:)
04-27-2012, 02:16 PM
Your in the same boat as me. And to answer your question, YES. I don't log on anywhere near that often, and by the end of the month I've just about reached the 1GB limit. But mind you, I do check a few other games as well and Fb.

Do you now??
:D

Thunder Child
04-27-2012, 03:11 PM
Not talking about wi-fi in the house, talking about cellular data for playing the game on your device, outside of your house.Please understand, I'm a complete technophobe! I use my iPad everywhere, not just at home, and there doesn't seem to be a limit. I think it's called 4G? Sorry, too old...

JMC
04-27-2012, 04:15 PM
well idk how things work in korea. Heard your internet is good though and they're looking to have everyone in the country running 1GBPS download.

overkill 280
04-27-2012, 06:27 PM
Do you now??
:DYes I do...And it's the other ones that used to rack it up!! :p