PDA

View Full Version : When does having a low number of allies become a bad idea?

MarkyMort
04-26-2012, 11:59 AM
Hey all,

I know in the lower levels you cannot see anyone with less allies than yourself on the rival screen. So it just makes sense to me to only add allies when I have the means to max out with decent units. But my questions is: Is there a point in the higher levels where you can starts seeing rivals to attack that have less allies than yourself? And if this is the case, what level does this happen at?

MarkyMort

KCh
04-26-2012, 12:08 PM
There used to be a point in the high levels where players with over 500 allies could see players with as low as 1 ally, but this was a while ago. The rivals list keeps getting changed and now on my rivals list I can see only players that are level 100+ and with 495+ allies.

MarkyMort
04-26-2012, 01:13 PM
Interesting. Thanks.

Agent Orange
04-26-2012, 01:20 PM
Hey all,

I know in the lower levels you cannot see anyone with less allies than yourself on the rival screen. So it just makes sense to me to only add allies when I have the means to max out with decent units. But my questions is: Is there a point in the higher levels where you can starts seeing rivals to attack that have less allies than yourself? And if this is the case, what level does this happen at?

MarkyMort

As mentioned this has a lot to do with the level you are at. In the lower levels your rivals are determined by your level and number of allies. In the highest level it now appears to be anything over L98 and then you are grouped by number of allies. I can no longer see players with less than about 420 allies and the limit which is 500. Anyone who is fairly weak and that is under 30,000 defense IMHO should stay under 498 allies or you are going to get hammered into the ground by valour vulchers since one goal for 2000 valour is to beat a rival with 499 or more allies. The number of wins increases as you complete these but it is always rivals over 499 allies so a lot of players have dumped all their allies to get under this number myself included.

I think at some point Funzio is going to have to rethink the rivals and ally lists and probably change the max limit of 500 allies unless this blows up the database running the game.

It's going to get really interesting if PvP ranks come in and those high cost valour units come out. 100,000 valour for some units... ouch.

Agent Orange
04-26-2012, 01:25 PM
Hmm but to answer your question, at some point you are going to be lumped into players with stronger armies so having a low density and low number of allies ergo low number of units you can bring to battle will mean you are going to be at a disadvantage in fights.

MarkyMort
04-26-2012, 02:12 PM
Thanks a lot for all the info Agent Orange. It was all very helpful. So..

Say hypothetically I had 8 allies at level 10. If I am not mistaken I would not be able to see any rivals that have less than 8 allies. Assuming that, it would make sense that anyone with over 8 allies would not be able to see me.

When does that change? do you have an idea at what level or number of allies I need to have before rivals with more allies than me can see me? (some of my assumptions could be wrong)

I hope that isn't too confusing and makes sense.

Thanks!

MarkyMort

JMC
04-26-2012, 02:23 PM
pretty sure the grouping for all levels is like that until level 99+. Then people can see like 100 allies up or down from them, unless they're at 475+, then u can only see others with 475+. So say you have 250 allies at level 100. You should be able to see people with 150 and up to 350. But those guys at 350 can also see you and have a 400 unit advantage. Then, if you're too weak with max allies, you'll be getting pounded any way.

possum
04-26-2012, 03:40 PM
I think most of the gold army "whales" that stay at medium levels play with relatively low ally counts, to match the number of gold units they currently stockpile. Or so I heard. I guess "low" is relative as well.

However, it's not hard to figure out what ally threshold has the least pain threshold for your liking as it's relatively easy to go up and down and experiment for yourself.

MarkyMort
04-26-2012, 03:50 PM
pretty sure the grouping for all levels is like that until level 99+. Then people can see like 100 allies up or down from them, unless they're at 475+, then u can only see others with 475+. So say you have 250 allies at level 100. You should be able to see people with 150 and up to 350. But those guys at 350 can also see you and have a 400 unit advantage. Then, if you're too weak with max allies, you'll be getting pounded any way.

Thank you sir. That helps a lot.

Cousins
04-26-2012, 04:06 PM
Hi there, I'm in a similar situation and wondering when I need to start collecting allies??

My stats are:

Level 57
6 allies
942 attack
1825 defence
173,339 income

I'm doing ok at the moment, but does anyone know when I'll become visible to others with high numbers of allies and be at the wrong end of a good hiding?

Thanks

EnjoyLife
04-26-2012, 04:42 PM
Hi there, I'm in a similar situation and wondering when I need to start collecting allies??

My stats are:

Level 57
6 allies
942 attack
1825 defence
173,339 income

I'm doing ok at the moment, but does anyone know when I'll become visible to others with high numbers of allies and be at the wrong end of a good hiding?

Thanks

You have a while before you have to worry. Nice stats, BTW