PDA

View Full Version : I might be quitting...

Dreno33
04-26-2012, 10:02 AM
I love playing MW and CC, but I need to yet again save up a lot of money. My boss is going to give me more hours too to help me get back on my feet. Last night my car was stolen. I mean, I never spend money and am such a tight ass when it comes to money as well. I finally decided to splurge on myself a little bit and put in a sound system in my car: $430. A month later, this happens.

Not to mention Two weeks after I bought my first car (before this one) and was one payment away from owning, a semi cut me off on a country road causing me to swerve away and snapping a telephone in half and flipped into the orchards. Unfortunately that is one of the few country roads with a Speed Limit of 45 and not 55. I was going 60 and therefore speeding. 50/50 fault. No help was given. Out 5 grand from a new car totaled. Had a bit left in savings. Got back on my feet and got a little Honda. Two years later (almost exactly), I have to file a stolen car report. And little ol' me only has Liability coverage.

So, the cop just left, and I am going to call my insurance for them to do nothing. Now I shall say my farewell. I might not stop playing but I probably will quit the forums as I have to figure out where to go from here and won't have any extra time. I had so much in my car stolen along with it I need to figure things out for awhile. See ya guys around. Maybe I will log back in later on to say hi sometime.

Wish me luck... Lord knows I don't have it.

sexkitteh
04-26-2012, 10:10 AM
Dont quite... we all go through struggles... but it's the small things in life that bring us joy :)

and gaming is one of those!

I'm sure we all have stories...

It's all going to be ok!

frenda
04-26-2012, 10:19 AM
+1 sexkitteh. i agree! you're like family, we'll be here though when you do decide to come back.

G Wiz
04-26-2012, 10:20 AM
Dreno,

In life we all go through obstacles that are unique to where we are on our personal journey. It becomes hard to wrap your mind around things when emotional events such as this transpire. But the wonderful thing about human life is adaptability!
You might be unsure of where to go from here, but remember that no matter what happens in life, you will always grow stronger to be ready for the next obstacle.

if time away is what you need then do it, but I wish you all the best bro!

Dreno33
04-26-2012, 10:43 AM
To make me feel better, Im getting on my motorcycle, bringing one of my pocketknives for protection, and searching all day for it. I don't have work and If I find the motherf**ker(s), I will try hard to restrain my anger and just take it back, one way or another.

frenda
04-26-2012, 10:48 AM
forget the knife and bring your cellphone to call the cops when you find it. remember, you're not a gangster in real life. :)

Rhino72
04-26-2012, 10:48 AM
To make me feel better, Im getting on my motorcycle, bringing one of my pocketknives for protection, and searching all day for it. I don't have work and If I find the motherf**ker(s), I will try hard to restrain my anger and just take it back, one way or another.

Don't throw your life down the draino...

mnju_03
04-26-2012, 10:49 AM

This just sounds all wrong.... see you on COPS.

G Wiz
04-26-2012, 10:51 AM
To make me feel better, Im getting on my motorcycle, bringing one of my pocketknives for protection, and searching all day for it. I don't have work and If I find the motherf**ker(s), I will try hard to restrain my anger and just take it back, one way or another.I lost a friend this way.

Dreno33
04-26-2012, 10:52 AM
I always have a pocketknife unless at school or airport. I'm no killer, only in games. But makes me feel safer. Especially where I live. Here is fine. Down the street is not

sez
04-26-2012, 10:56 AM
I always have a pocketknife unless at school or airport. I'm no killer, only in games. But makes me feel safer. Especially where I live. Here is fine. Down the street is not

DO NOT bring a knife to a GUN FIGHT! i'm sorry for your troubles D, good luck with whatever you decide. I also agree with the "Call the Cops" suggestion.

mnju_03
04-26-2012, 10:57 AM

Just calm down before confronting anything potentially dangerous...Cell phone = friend... :)

Dreno33
04-26-2012, 10:57 AM
of course. But I have a lot of stuff in it sez. I need my car! The cop took 3 erin hours to get here this morning. I can't wait if I find my car

sez
04-26-2012, 10:59 AM
of course. But I have a lot of stuff in it sez. I need my car! The cop took 3 erin hours to get here this morning. I can't wait if I find my car

Got a gun? a friend who has a gun? or something bigger then a pocket knife?

fuzzy
04-26-2012, 11:00 AM
I'm not sure how any of this has to do with CC or MW.

I understand that you are in some money issues and you need to save but why not still let your self enjoy the games.

At your level there is no need to spend money. You are camping just as my lower level Fuzz Ball is camping. If it is the amount of time you are able to play convert everything over to 12 hour and 24 hour buildings.

Anyway wish you the best of luck either way you go.

Vile Lynn
04-26-2012, 11:08 AM
Dreno - gosh, I'm so sorry to hear about your car.
I have my dream car with a custom sound system, too... I think it would be next to impossible not to very badly hurt, to put it nicely, the lowlife that dared to touch mine.
Do what you have to do, but I hope you don't quit along with everyone else. You'll be missed. Thinking of you & wishing you the best of luck!

Ghost818
04-26-2012, 11:17 AM
I wish you luck Dreno :/ its always sad to see someone go.

beaux
04-26-2012, 11:41 AM
We'll be be tho linking about you Big Boy you know someone's always around here to talk to.

Dreno33
04-26-2012, 12:18 PM
Guess who just got a call from Highway patrol... THEY FOUND IT! towed it over to Proto and my dad is coming to pick me up now to take me there. I hope most or all things were left in it...

HOPE FOR THE BEST!!!

mnju_03
04-26-2012, 12:19 PM
Guess who just got a call from Highway patrol... THEY FOUND IT! towed it over to Proto and my dad is coming to pick me up now to take me there. I hope most or all things were left in it...

HOPE FOR THE BEST!!!

Awesome, no cutting people!!! Good Luck!

Pikachu
04-26-2012, 12:22 PM
Good luck with your adult situation.

I love being a kid sometimes. :)

jinqs
04-26-2012, 12:38 PM
"I never have enough time to do all the nothing I want..."
~Calvin from Calvin and Hobbes

Your quote is wrong. :)

http://chutzpah.typepad.com/slow_movement/2009/10/calvin-and-hobbes-theres-never-enough-time-to-do-all-the-nothing-you-want.html

Pikachu
04-26-2012, 12:49 PM
Your quote is wrong. :)

http://chutzpah.typepad.com/slow_movement/2009/10/calvin-and-hobbes-theres-never-enough-time-to-do-all-the-nothing-you-want.html

I was trying to remember it from a book I have in my bedroom. Thanks! :)

jinqs
04-26-2012, 12:51 PM
I was trying to remember it from a book I have in my bedroom. Thanks! :)
Sure thing. That's probably my favourite Calvin and Hobbes. That statement gets more and more true the older you get. Sigh.

Pikachu
04-26-2012, 12:54 PM
Sure thing. That's probably my favourite Calvin and Hobbes. That statement gets more and more true the older you get. Sigh.

It would be cool if you could get older as fast or as slow as you want. Sorta like CC!

Dreno33
04-26-2012, 02:30 PM
They took brand new tires and rims, whole sound system (subs, amplifier, dashboard) also only a month old. And most of the other stuff i had in there. But not my iPod? wtf... Oh and the dipshhit was a smoker and ash EVERYWHERE in all the wires, cubbyholes, and it reeks in there. Plus they stole my oil 0.o Stole about $2,500 worth of brand new* from my car probably just so a tweaker could get a fix.

PROS: The thief put tiny spare tires on my car (for some odd reason) and therefore the frame and bottom was efed up. Also, the iPod was still in my car, and finally. No broken windows and the car was drivable.
AT LEAST I GOT IT BACK! Now to go get new tires and have a better rest of the day

mnju_03
04-26-2012, 02:31 PM
They took brand new tires and rims, whole sound system (subs, amplifier, dashboard) also only a month old. And most of the other stuff i had in there. But not my iPod? wtf... Oh and the dipshhit was a smoker and ash EVERYWHERE in all the wires, cubbyholes, and it reeks in there. Plus they stole my oil 0.o Stole about $2,500 worth of brand new* from my car probably just so a tweaker could get a fix.

PROS: The thief put tiny spare tires on my car (for some odd reason) and therefore the frame and bottom was efed up. Also, the iPod was still in my car, and finally. No broken windows and the car was drivable.
AT LEAST I GOT IT BACK! Now to go get new tires and have a better rest of the day

This is good news, odd about the iPod.. lol
Glad you got it back, better than nothing.

Dreno33
04-26-2012, 02:38 PM
This is good news, odd about the iPod.. lol
Glad you got it back, better than nothing.

maybe the guy was stupid to know what it was, lol. Its that nano square touchscreen with the clip on the back of it haha. My dashboard had a usb, which my iPod was connected to. he had to have UNHOOKED it from the usb cord to take the cord. I think that guy was on something too b/c he stole this lotion my friend left in my car, but not the iPod. lotion... lotion...

mnju_03
04-26-2012, 02:40 PM
maybe the guy was stupid to know what it was, lol. Its that nano square touchscreen with the clip on the back of it haha. My dashboard had a usb, which my iPod was connected to. he had to have UNHOOKED it from the usb cord to take the cord. I think that guy was on something too b/c he stole this lotion my friend left in my car, but not the iPod. lotion... lotion...

So... I've got some sweet rims and tires if you want a good deal, a dash too! lol

Dreno33
04-26-2012, 02:41 PM
Good luck with your adult situation.

I love being a kid sometimes. :)

im 18, 5 more years buddy. Hope you don't have my luck (b/c you wouldn't have any!)

Nudie
04-26-2012, 02:51 PM
This real life drama makes my CC problems pale in comparison. Best of luck going forward Dreno.

Dreno33
04-26-2012, 02:58 PM
So... I've got some sweet rims and tires if you want a good deal, a dash too! lol

delete that "lol". I'll consider the dash!! But... you are in Minnesota. We could go through Ebay though. I have nothing

mnju_03
04-26-2012, 02:59 PM
delete that "lol". I'll consider the dash!! But... you are in Minnesota. We could go through Ebay though. I have nothing

Trade me some comic books and bubble gum.

Dreno33
04-26-2012, 03:08 PM
i have 2 "Zits" and one calvin hobbes, one garfield. the gum was stolen from car... o.0

TRAZ
04-26-2012, 03:45 PM
Sorry to hear of the real life troubles. Take something away from your experience. Do what you can to get full coverage insurance. Pricey yes, but a lot of the things you lost would be covered by insurance. Figure out what you could sell, make a few extra bucks on doing odd jobs for people, etc. brainstorm for some ideas, but get full coverage.

Here's just a quick search on the net. Was your car any of these?

Two Honda models top the list of U.S. thieves’ favorite vehicles.

The National Insurance Crime Bureau examined vehicle theft data submitted by law enforcement to the National Crime Information Center (NCIC) and determined the vehicle make, model, and model year most reported stolen in 2010.

For 2010, the most stolen vehicles in the nation were:

1994 Honda Accord
1995 Honda Civic
1991 Toyota Camry
1999 Chevrolet Pickup (Full Size)
1997 Ford F150 Series/Pickup
2004 Dodge Ram
2000 Dodge Caravan
1994 Acura Integra
2002 Ford Explorer
1999 Ford Taurus

Plux
04-26-2012, 04:51 PM
Dreno, hope my private words helped, I'll say this, we will all be here to welcome you back when you feel it's the right time to return. Stay in the game, no deletions, no leaving, just take a time out. Let that hood rest a little and give yourself time to re-focus. Then comeback and share your words of wisdom.

Dreno33
04-26-2012, 05:07 PM
Sorry to hear of the real life troubles. Take something away from your experience. Do what you can to get full coverage insurance. Pricey yes, but a lot of the things you lost would be covered by insurance. Figure out what you could sell, make a few extra bucks on doing odd jobs for people, etc. brainstorm for some ideas, but get full coverage.

Here's just a quick search on the net. Was your car any of these?

Two Honda models top the list of U.S. thieves’ favorite vehicles.

The National Insurance Crime Bureau examined vehicle theft data submitted by law enforcement to the National Crime Information Center (NCIC) and determined the vehicle make, model, and model year most reported stolen in 2010.

For 2010, the most stolen vehicles in the nation were:

1994 Honda Accord
1995 Honda Civic
1991 Toyota Camry
1999 Chevrolet Pickup (Full Size)
1997 Ford F150 Series/Pickup
2004 Dodge Ram
2000 Dodge Caravan
1994 Acura Integra
2002 Ford Explorer
1999 Ford Taurus

close. 199-SIX (not 4) Honda Accord. :( i know its the number 1. The most annoying thing is that... we have no lead on the actual person.

Plumbernick9
04-26-2012, 07:23 PM
Adios buddy!

Dreno33
04-30-2012, 09:32 PM
To Whomever hit my bike over and screwed up my clutch, foot peg, blinker, and the side of my bike at school today...

I just wanted to say that after all the **** I've been through this week with my car being stolen and all, you made it THAT much better. I hope I miraculously find out who you are and get to beat the living **** out of you. I can not afford anymore on my plate. Please let my luck turn around...