PDA

View Full Version : Are you camp?

Tctiger
04-26-2012, 10:00 AM
Can anyone give me some advice on if I should camp it out or carry on doing missions past 90 which I hear is where the big players are ? I am 72 11k AT&T and 12k def 210k income , I would like to carry on playing as I have been but if I have to camp for ages then I guess I will have to, will I get raided straight away the money is in building and get obliterated army at that level?

Bronson
04-26-2012, 10:05 AM
Defo camp some of the big boys will be here to tell you what you need as your past my level but I want atleast 30k A/D before I touch 90.

Also Aidan will be on here now misunderstanding your thread title and being very gutted lol

Selfproclaimed
04-26-2012, 10:13 AM
If u wanna have a chance , yes you should camp.. I'm lv59 and just decided to camp a week ago after reading forums. My attk def is both in 9000 and there's slot with 15-20 just at level 59 . So I'm out of my league until I can catch up. So I figure I'll just hardcore camp and by the time I'm even close to lvl 90, I want to be above 60g attk n def

Tctiger
04-26-2012, 10:22 AM
God that would be about 3 years camping if I take my phone into a dark room and only have a bucket and a pile of baked beans to eat, if I just went full steam ahead into whale territory would I lose units faster than I can buy them? I collect from buildings quite regular so don't really lose anything at the moment and I have had army's twice my size come for me. Would make it harder to get nanos though so think I will slow down until I can get them , I will get bord camping after I get them.

Tctiger
04-26-2012, 10:24 AM
Sorry aiden

SeqWins
04-26-2012, 02:18 PM
Hey man, ummm I don't mean to make you feel bad at all much less boost my character but I'm at level 19 with almost the same stats you got 40 levels above me so yes camp. Wait I take it back that's a HELL YES!!! On the camping.

If you want some pointers for camping talk to Al Murkya

mickymacirl
04-26-2012, 02:40 PM
I didn't camp myself and am nearly at the whale level of 90.

I bet I should have, take the advice from these guys and start camping!

Ramshutu
04-26-2012, 03:14 PM
I'm at about 17k a/d at level 66, and plan to at least double this before I hit the whale levels.

I don't 'camp' strictly speaking, in that I attack and do PvE missions. The trick is to be smart in how you use your stamina, time and energy. I only attack for valour goals, not for cash and PvE for loot when I need it.

My strategy is to use meat shields (frigates) as throw away units, but concentrate the big unit spending on end game items. Valour goes into stealth frigates and super hornets, any massive cash has been going into some of the big defence units so far.

I have a total of 2 cc accounts, 2 MW accounts, and 1 ka account that I dedicate some time to, so it's easy to sit on one or two of these and simply accumulate.

Tctiger
04-26-2012, 03:35 PM
I was doing missions whenever had energy so may have to camp, if you don't camp do you lose units faster than you are replacing them past 90? Can you have two mod war games on one phone?

Poopenshire
04-26-2012, 03:47 PM
I use military ambulance as meat shield. It's cheap and with 18 def it's not bad. I currently have 530.

Jhoemel
04-26-2012, 04:06 PM
Can anyone give me some advice on if I should camp it out or carry on doing missions past 90 which I hear is where the big players are ? I am 72 11k AT&T and 12k def 210k income , I would like to carry on playing as I have been but if I have to camp for ages then I guess I will have to, will I get raided straight away the money is in building and get obliterated army at that level?

Well u should, ur stats is really low, your going to get killed with those stats, just make ur stats to 20k or something and ur alright, you can beat a lot of rivals in there coz a lot of players their are below 20k stats

Poopenshire
04-26-2012, 04:09 PM
I am level 82 and I have no problems finding people with att and def below 10k.

overkill 280
04-26-2012, 04:21 PM
I use military ambulance as meat shield. It's cheap and with 18 def it's not bad. I currently have 530.OT is your MW name: TurdSandwich, Poopenshire?

Poopenshire
04-26-2012, 04:23 PM
OT is your MW name: TurdSandwich, Poopenshire?
It's poopenshire as well. I like to be consistent!

EnjoyLife
04-26-2012, 04:28 PM
Would make it harder to get nanos though so think I will slow down until I can get them , I will get bord camping after I get them.

You aren't planning on upgrading your Nanos?

overkill 280
04-26-2012, 04:29 PM
It's poopenshire as well. I like to be consistent!Hahaha ok just makin sure, cause I have a ally named Turd, and was wondering if it might be you. :p

Poopenshire
04-26-2012, 04:31 PM
Hahaha ok just makin sure, cause I have a ally named Turd, and was wondering if it might be you. :p
Drop me a pm if you want to add. I still have room for a few more forum members.

SeqWins
04-26-2012, 04:33 PM
Hey Poop and Kill I want you both on my ally list.. Let's make a crack deal.

Poopenshire
04-26-2012, 04:34 PM

Just sent you invite

SeqWins
04-26-2012, 04:37 PM
Got and accepted, about to go check you out, thanks for the invite.

Poopenshire
04-26-2012, 04:38 PM
Wipe your feet before you come in!

Aidan
04-27-2012, 01:43 AM
Defo camp some of the big boys will be here to tell you what you need as your past my level but I want atleast 30k A/D before I touch 90.

Also Aidan will be on here now misunderstanding your thread title and being very gutted lol

Lolololol. Dont listen to this guy tiger. I hv no clue whatsoever what he is talking about. Gutted......

To answer your qs,
With tht stat, u defo need to camp. Be warned tho, camping is hazardous to ur life n ur sex life. If u must camp, them camp with some protection;

- put all ur money into defensive units first; 200 medic, 100 hawk drone. = additional 3500 raw def stat
- focus on upgrading ur money building. Preferably all ur High payout buildings to at least lvl 3
- after tht pour all ur money into defense again- ambulance, sea scout n hawk drone. Get ur def stat to at least 22k.
- upgrade ur boost building to lvl 5. Not all, if u r playing russia.. Upgrade hangar etc.
- now u can focus on ur attack. 18-20k should be enough for now.

Good luck

Thunder Child
04-27-2012, 01:52 AM
I am level 82 and I have no problems finding people with att and def below 10k.At L95, still able to find people to hit with stats under 10K. Must be miserable for them to have such a huge target on their backs. BTW, safe to say that 90 is NOT the threshold it once was. Even at 95 I'm still not there. The point that is being made elsewhere, too, is that the whale territory issue is both a matter of level and ally numbers. I suspect people who are in the high 90s are still relatively safe IF they keep their allies below 498...

bilbo baggins
04-27-2012, 02:11 AM
I am at level 99 have 8 allies so I take in all 32 "indestructible" units I have whenever I fight.

Obviously this means that you can do PvP to your hearts content and never ever lose any units.

I started this around about 3 weeks ago have gone up 18 levels have never been attacked by a "big boy" have managed to hoard many high value items (including loads of loot items from the special events) and have increased my valour no end.

I am going to keep on doing this until I feel happy. I will then slowly add allies up until a point that I start to have stupid PvP losses. At that point I will know my loss limit and will adjust my ally count appropriately.

Tctiger
04-27-2012, 09:46 AM
Thanks for advice , can you have two games on one phone or would I need two sim cards for that?

Aidan
04-27-2012, 09:53 AM
Thanks for advice , can you have two games on one phone or would I need two sim cards for that?

Only 1 game fr 1 device. It's based on ur UDID.

Someone did say however tht if u jailbreak ur phone or ipad, u can hv more thn 1 account. I'm not sure on tht as mine is not jailbroken

el_gringo
04-27-2012, 10:05 AM

I'm always up for a crack deal. I also need a couple allies. Sent you a request (game name General McAndrew)

SeqWins
04-27-2012, 10:59 AM
You've been added!

MaverickMunkey
04-27-2012, 12:46 PM
I am currently on Lvl 103 with stats that are shocking compared to some on the forum who are of a lower level and to be honest i don't think it is as bad as it could be. Yes I get attacked fairly regularly but as I collect my money on a regular basis (although have forgotten at times and been hammered horrendously:mad:!) they don't get much and i don't really lose that many units and those that I loose aren't my high ones!

Personally, as I started badly, I have been enjoying the missions more and kept my ally count low (roughly 350 ish) so that might explain why I am not appearing too regularly in the major whale levels - but i could be wrong and they look at my stats and decide it not worth loosing units considering the current pvp issues.

PS - please don't start attacking me!

Maverick50727
04-27-2012, 03:33 PM
God that would be about 3 years camping if I take my phone into a dark room and only have a bucket and a pile of baked beans to eat, if I just went full steam ahead into whale territory would I lose units faster than I can buy them? I collect from buildings quite regular so don't really lose anything at the moment and I have had army's twice my size come for me. Would make it harder to get nanos though so think I will slow down until I can get them , I will get bord camping after I get them.
I would say yes camp long enough to get the nanos. Even though I hear they make really for targets for raiders, I would say get them early on. I would say it is going to be about at least 5-6x harder for me to get them now than a month ago when I should have. I'm working on a new strategy for these myslef but I doubt it will be in the next week.

The problem in the game is change so get them while you can. I will confirm when I crossed that L90 line the game changed again and I had to find ways to adapt. It is harder and hader to make money and keep it the higher you go. At your level I'm sure there are still people who haven't maxed their vault. I would say 99% at L90 will have 10mil max. People also get smarter as you go up and learn to not leave things unvaulted or over their vault limit, meaning making money is done via missions and raids vs. attack normally. Recently the kicker is that the limit of attacks went from 10 to 20? Meaning if you have money over your 10mil vault you can lose it twice as fast!!! You also have to worry about events that make everyone go into attack mode. Also the fact the higher you go the more big gold spenders you will find that have no economy themselves and their sole source of income is attacking or raiding the weak. I don't know if you are a "free" player, but if you are like me that several more factors of difficulty. Combine all of these and you can hit a wall teh higher you go.

I was easily able to get 16mil the other week around L115 so I didn't think the nanos wouldn be much of a challenge, but they seem almost impossible now. I have aboout 10-15 sharks that circle me now as they know I'm a good source of income and can't compete yet with their 80-130attack. It took me 3 attempts to just get to 13 mil for an upgrade as within 10-15 minutes of me going above 10mil the sharks smell the blood and jump. I had to raid what I could real quick, use all my 1300 energy in missions for cash (adv destroyer), level up at the same time, use all my energy again for cash, raid again, sell the 50K trees I had bought at a 50% loss just to get the 13 mil, because the entire time I was being hounded. Like I said I had to abort the 1st two attempts as I used all my energy to earn 2mil to have 1.6 stolen the first time and 1.2 the second time whiel I was earning in minutes. Third time I was being attacked but was able to make mark and upgrade losing only 600K. Now this whole earning money from 10mil to 13mil took no longer than 30-45 minutes tops.

I hope this doesn't scare some people as I'm sure these might be worst case scenarios I had since we are in an event, I'm targeted by certain sharks, etc. But point is some people think the have time to earn 9mil before losing it. Early levels that may be. I have see people say it takes them a day or two to earn the income aad get it very nanos early on. Others said it took them hours. In my case if I had that much exposed cash for more than an hour I might as well have given it away and I have 40KA/D stats. Even if you do it early on I would plan wisely and do it as quickly as possible!!!

ShawnBB
04-27-2012, 05:49 PM
Hey,Mav. Don't be so panic... I know it's hard for you up there, but it is really very simple to build two...
The hard part is to collect on time. My nano got raid everyday by sharks if I'm 30 mins later, LOL.

The key point is---- upgrade cement factory, Right?
I upgraded mine to lvl8 so that I just need to sync my 24 hour building(like in CC) sell 1 nuclear and 1 railgun defense.Hit some missions.
That's it bro.

One more thing, if you arrange your base properly like me, 5m expansion is enough,no more wasted expansions. I can even hold 2 more new buildings if funzio decided to add more.
Every expansion is 14 X14 and most of the money buildings are 12X12 on average, their least common multiple is 84
Which is 6 times expansion. So I expand in a 6X6 way. :)

Buggs1a
04-29-2012, 04:42 PM
What is camping?
Thanks.

el_gringo
04-30-2012, 08:49 AM
What is camping?
Thanks.

When you don't participate in any PVP or PVP in order to stop levelling up. Meanwhile you carry on collecting from an upgrading your buildings and units, therefore becoming stronger.

Best only done when you have a very strong defence for your level, else you'll get raided a lot.

Copenhagen
04-30-2012, 09:41 AM
Hey,Mav. Don't be so panic... I know it's hard for you up there, but it is really very simple to build two...
The hard part is to collect on time. My nano got raid everyday by sharks if I'm 30 mins later, LOL.

The key point is---- upgrade cement factory, Right?
I upgraded mine to lvl8 so that I just need to sync my 24 hour building(like in CC) sell 1 nuclear and 1 railgun defense.Hit some missions.
That's it bro.

One more thing, if you arrange your base properly like me, 5m expansion is enough,no more wasted expansions. I can even hold 2 more new buildings if funzio decided to add more.
Every expansion is 14 X14 and most of the money buildings are 12X12 on average, their least common multiple is 84
Which is 6 times expansion. So I expand in a 6X6 way. :)

Look at you, smarty pants! I went with 7 x 7 in order to squeeze in denfence building.

Buggs1a
04-30-2012, 12:01 PM
When you don't participate in any PVP or PVP in order to stop levelling up. Meanwhile you carry on collecting from an upgrading your buildings and units, therefore becoming stronger.

Best only done when you have a very strong defence for your level, else you'll get raided a lot.

Thanks. I thought camping was when you go to pvp totem sit on his base raiding buildings and attacking. When you run out of stamina you just shut the screen off and wait for stamina to refill. Turn screen I then do more raids etc. just stay on the persons base.

I do this on weaker opponents sometimes.

Sugarymama
04-30-2012, 04:31 PM
I've been trying to camp, but every time I do there is a damn event and I try to get the unit, and as a result I level up. I passed level 90, so I guess I'm now in "whale" territory, but if level 90 is considered whale, then I'm not too afraid of 100+ there are a lot of whales in my level who are looking more like minnows...lol.

Right now I'm upgrading my cement factory to 10 so that the more expensive buildings cost less. I'm on 5 on my way to 6 now. I'm also upgrading my money buildings, and trying to stay away from PVP and PVE (but I like the missions)

But, with an event starting tonight I don't know how that will change my strategy

ShawnBB
04-30-2012, 07:57 PM
Look at you, smarty pants! I went with 7 x 7 in order to squeeze in denfence building.

Ah, sorry mate :( I accidently posted the wrong expansion topic here after reading another thread...
People were saying that they gonna expand the 15m square or so and discussing about selling the supply depot.
Learnt a new english phrase "smarty pants"! Thanks.