PDA

View Full Version : I might be quitting...

Dreno33
04-26-2012, 09:50 AM
I love playing MW, especially CC, but I need to yet again save up a lot of money. My boss is going to give me more hours too to help me get back on my feet. Last night my car was stolen. I mean, I never spend money and am such a tight ass when it comes to money as well. I finally decided to splurge on myself a little bit and put in a sound system in my car: $430. A month later, this happens.

Not to mention Two weeks after I bought my first car (before this one) and was one payment away from owning, a semi cut me off on a country road causing me to swerve away and snapping a telephone in half and flipped into the orchards. Unfortunately that is one of the few country roads with a Speed Limit of 45 and not 55. I was going 60 and therefore speeding. 50/50 fault. No help was given. Out 5 grand from a new car totaled. Had a bit left in savings. Got back on my feet and got a little Honda. Two years later (almost exactly), I have to file a stolen car report. And little ol' me only has Liability coverage.

So, the cop just left, and I am going to call my insurance for them to do nothing. Now I shall say my farewell. I might not stop playing but I probably will quit the forums as I have to figure out where to go from here and won't have any extra time. I had so much in my car stolen along with it I need to figure things out for awhile. See ya guys around. Maybe I will log back in later on to say hi sometime.

Wish me luck... Lord knows I don't have it.

Jp lfs
04-26-2012, 10:02 AM
Take a deep breath, look up at the sky and smile at whatever you believe is up there, and don't make any rash decisions until you have slept on it. Life sucks sometimes. I am truly sorry for the raincloud you are standing under. It will pass.

Bronson
04-26-2012, 10:13 AM
Hey big D may I be the first to say "welcome to life" you have now reached the age where $hit happens and happens a lot. Don't try and stop it as you can't you just gotta take what life throws and you and get up and keep on going.

Take your time have a chill assess yourself and carry on

Freekizh
04-26-2012, 10:15 AM
Good luck bud! Buy a cheap used car - they are just a money trap. Never over spend on a depreciating asset! Always go first class on car insurance.

Dreno33
04-26-2012, 10:43 AM
To make me feel better, Im getting on my motorcycle, bringing one of my pocketknives for protection, and searching all day for it. I don't have work and If I find the motherf**ker(s), I will try hard to restrain my anger and just take it back, one way or another.

Corsair
04-26-2012, 11:17 AM
Do yourself a favor and call the cops if you find it. Don't want to find yourself bringing a knife to a gun fight. That doesn't usually end well. Good luck.

War Priest
04-26-2012, 11:22 AM
To make me feel better, Im getting on my motorcycle, bringing one of my pocketknives for protection, and searching all day for it. I don't have work and If I find the motherf**ker(s), I will try hard to restrain my anger and just take it back, one way or another.

Pocketknife..?

That is why I could never live there. Your not allowed to get a CCW in California.

Dreno33
04-26-2012, 12:02 PM
don't know what a CCW is

War Priest
04-26-2012, 12:11 PM
don't know what a CCW is

A permit that allows you to carry a concealed firearm.

mickymacirl
04-26-2012, 12:17 PM
You Americans and ur guns :P

Sorry to hear about ur troubles Dreno33, "Life is like a box of chocolates, when you sit on it it melts"

Dreno33
04-26-2012, 12:18 PM
Guess who just got a call from Highway patrol... THEY FOUND IT! towed it over to Proto and my dad is coming to pick me up now to take me there. I hope most or all things were left in it...

HOPE FOR THE BEST!!!

Bronson
04-26-2012, 12:23 PM
Guess who just got a call from Highway patrol...

I give up, who????

Corsair
04-26-2012, 12:25 PM
Your not allowed to get a CCW in California.
Not true. Hard in the cities, but possible. Much easier in rural areas. NY is the same way.

War Priest
04-26-2012, 12:26 PM
Not true. Harder in the cities, but possible. NY is the same way.

Still my point. The city is where you need it. I was born and raised in Las Vegas and your allowed them there. :)

Bronco928
04-26-2012, 12:33 PM
[QUOTE=mickymacirl;190864]You Americans and ur guns :P
QUOTE]

What the hell is that supposed to mean bro?

Luke7676
04-26-2012, 12:42 PM
If it weren't for firearms a lot of ppl would be in bad shape. Some ppl can't fight some ppl can. With a gun.. It doesn't matter wether you can fight or not.. you can still defend yourself from idiots, like the mf'ers that jacked drenos car...

And P.S. I'm glad they found your car Dreno. Keep your head up buddy. When life gives you lemons make lemonade hahahahah!! Corny but a classic..

overkill 280
04-26-2012, 12:43 PM
I'm glad they found your car buddy :) But I agree with what some where saying, Just take a minute and relax for a second. Don't go and do something you will regret. And DON'T leave the forum, it wouldn't be the same without ya! It'll all work out for you :) Believe me, I've been thru some not so fun times, and when there seems to be no hope, you'll see there actually is. Just have faith bud!

Luke7676
04-26-2012, 12:47 PM
Man I had my windows of my truck shot out when I was 16 by a bunch of punks that couldnt face me face to face.. Just gotta pull through it and remember what goes around comes around.. Just glad you didn't go looking for trouble. It's not worth it.

Dreno33
04-26-2012, 02:29 PM
They took brand new tires and rims, whole sound system (subs, amplifier, dashboard) also only a month old. And most of the other stuff i had in there. But not my iPod? wtf... Oh and the dipshhit was a smoker and ash EVERYWHERE in all the wires, cubbyholes, and it reeks in there. Plus they stole my oil 0.o Stole about $2,500 worth of brand new* from my car probably just so a tweaker could get a fix.

PROS: The thief put tiny spare tires on my car (for some odd reason) and therefore the frame and bottom was efed up. Also, the iPod was still in my car, and finally. No broken windows and the car was drivable.
AT LEAST I GOT IT BACK! Now to go get new tires and have a better rest of the day

SeqWins
04-26-2012, 02:31 PM
Damn Dreno well miss you brother take care and I'm sure this issue won't keep you away forever, either ways I hope your problems get better and if you see the mofo who robbed you put him in a kimura and break that elbow. Kill

overkill 280
04-26-2012, 02:32 PM
They took brand new tires and rims, whole sound system (subs, amplifier, dashboard) also only a month old. And most of the other stuff i had in there. But not my iPod? wtf... Oh and the dipshhit was a smoker and ash EVERYWHERE in all the wires, cubbyholes, and it reeks in there. Plus they stole my oil 0.o Stole about $2,500 worth of brand new* from my car probably just so a tweaker could get a fix.

PROS: The thief put tiny spare tires on my car (for some odd reason) and therefore the frame and bottom was efed up. Also, the iPod was still in my car, and finally. No broken windows and the car was drivable.
AT LEAST I GOT IT BACK! Now to go get new tires and have a better rest of the dayDo the police have any leads at all?

siL
04-26-2012, 02:35 PM
Wow, really sorry to hear that dreno...
As an insurance guy myself, though not in the US, i would reccommend you to insure any of your assets, especially when you have invested a lot of money in it...(ex. Car / house). Although the premium could hurt, you have to only pay it once a year, and compared to the losses you could sustain, its worthed...
Fyi, in my country, my company receives 3,000 partial losses claims, and 15 stolen cars claims each month...
Yep, things could really be ugly if you dont have a proper protection...
I hope you have the best of luck in finding your car...
"these to will pass..."

Dreno33
04-26-2012, 02:35 PM
No, the car was found abandoned on the side of a road (not near any neighbor hoods) it was one of those roads that follow along side of the freeway.

SeqWins
04-26-2012, 02:37 PM
Was it vandalized ?

Dreno33
04-26-2012, 02:40 PM
Was it vandalized ?

the outside? inside was STRIPPED as i mentioned already plus the rims and tires. no broken windows and the back bumper hit something. oil token out (i have no idea how, haha) but yeah. thats it

mickymacirl
04-26-2012, 02:58 PM
Not that bad considering, karma will destory them.

Corsair
04-26-2012, 03:09 PM
No oil in it? That's crazy. Hope you found it before it was run much. Chances are there's already damage though unless they did right on the roadside. That is some crazy shirt. Very lucky you caught it.

siL, many in the US don't have comp coverage unless required by the bank. If one can't afford it, best to try to minimize risk in other ways. New stereo/wheels and bad (apparently) security system unfortunately increases the risk. At least you got it back though. Check around the area you found it and maybe you'll find the rims. Good luck man.

Dreno33
04-26-2012, 03:34 PM
Highway patrol found the car. The rims are long gone. They were hecka nice. the thief won't ditch it unless is paid

War Priest
04-26-2012, 03:37 PM
So does this mean your NOT quitting..?

Dreno33
04-26-2012, 03:39 PM
So does this mean your NOT quitting..?

my boss is giving me more hours. less forum time. but ill still play to keep my mind off my car(: gotta go now. Gonna buy new tires/rims

Copenhagen
04-26-2012, 04:12 PM
..."Oh and the dipshhit was a smoker and ash EVERYWHERE in all the wires, cubbyholes, and it reeks in there."

That is why I am classy and only chew.

overkill 280
04-26-2012, 04:17 PM
..."Oh and the dipshhit was a smoker and ash EVERYWHERE in all the wires, cubbyholes, and it reeks in there."

That is why I am classy and only chew.As long as you don't spit inside! Hahaha

Hello Kitty
04-26-2012, 04:20 PM
Dreno - So sorry to hear about this unfortunate turn of events. Hope everything works out for you.

Copenhagen
04-26-2012, 11:14 PM
Sorry that this happened to you and know how it leaves you with a feeling of being violated. My car was ransacked a couple weeks ago in my drive way with the alarm sounding and had my wallet stolen out of it. Theif was long gone before I made it down stairs at 3:30am. Now I sleep with my .40 Strayer Voight so I can shoot from the window.

Ducati
04-27-2012, 09:13 AM
Good that you have your car back! Just install a cheapo radio for now.
Buy expensive ****, when you have the money to insure it. The problem with expensive extra's in your car is that it is a lot more likeky that it gets stolen.

Copenhagen
04-27-2012, 05:17 PM
I give up, who????

I hope there has been enough distance from the sensitivity of this event that I can give props to my man Bronson for the funniest post I've seen yet. Freaking classic.

Scabbyfeet
04-27-2012, 05:29 PM
I hope there has been enough distance from the sensitivity of this event that I can give props to my man Bronson for the funniest post I've seen yet. Freaking classic.I second that ! I really was lmao when he wrote that ...and still am !

Dreno33
04-30-2012, 09:31 PM
To Whomever hit my bike over and screwed up my clutch, foot peg, blinker, and the side of my bike at school today...

I just wanted to say that after all the **** I've been through this week with my car being stolen and all, you made it THAT much better. I hope I miraculously find out who you are and get to beat the living **** out of you. I can not afford anymore on my plate. Please let my luck turn around...

overkill 280
04-30-2012, 09:49 PM
To Whomever hit my bike over and screwed up my clutch, foot peg, blinker, and the side of my bike at school today...

I just wanted to say that after all the **** I've been through this week with my car being stolen and all, you made it THAT much better. I hope I miraculously find out who you are and get to beat the living **** out of you. I can not afford anymore on my plate. Please let my luck turn around...Keep your chin up Dreno ;) It'll all turn around for ya.

War Priest
04-30-2012, 09:51 PM
That is the big cities for you....

Just wait until your famous, it'll get worse... :p

Captian Awesome
04-30-2012, 09:58 PM
Karma ... It'll get em in the end.

I'm lucky to live where I live ... I have 5000$ into my stereo alone and I am able to leave my truck unlocked.

You've got to keep you're head up and keep walking.