PDA

View Full Version : So I hid my laundromats behind my upscale club and brownstone

G Wiz
04-26-2012, 09:30 AM
Can you say hook line and sinker? lol

The amount of robs attempted against me has increased dramatically because of this little trick. Has anyone else tried this or been caught on the end of a fishing line baited with lvl 6 laundromat income :P?

If you have, how did it make you feel to know that you fell for it? I always figured that people click a money sign once to see what the building is, then click a second time to initiate a rob lol! Got a few "LoL-able" comments on my wall. Here is a screenshot:http://s16.postimage.org/d5i4fuwh1/IMG_0912.png

duelblade
04-26-2012, 09:31 AM
haha yea I've robbed someone who had a internet company with a laundromat behind....I felt like an idiot for the rest of the day lol

frenda
04-26-2012, 09:37 AM
I've fallen for it once or twice. Now I make it a point to hit guys like that extra hard, and keep coming back to them. :D

G Wiz
04-26-2012, 09:40 AM
Lol sigh...revenge served cold huh?

frenda
04-26-2012, 09:41 AM
Lol sigh...revenge served cold huh?

The best kind. :D

CounterSniper
04-26-2012, 09:44 AM
If i fall for it I pound em.

If I dont I leave a complimentary message on their wall.

I know that seems backwards but its how I roll. lol

Vile Lynn
04-26-2012, 09:44 AM
I was curious about that... I tap, look, & then rob. But, I'd rob your LM anyway, hoping you'd want revenge, thus giving me a sweet link back to those lvl2 UCs!
What sorta gives it away is the UC next to them doesn't have the icon over it & most hoods are synched.

(I think it's so funny when players hide high-payout buildings behind high-payout buildings. I see it about as much as the hidden LMs.)

G Wiz
04-26-2012, 09:45 AM
I bet you check twice now lol. I would be pissed too though, especially if I was down to my last 4 or 5 stamina points and figured, "wow the gods have not forsaken me".

Just hope no one goes kratos on my hood!!

G Wiz
04-26-2012, 09:47 AM
If i fall for it I pound em.

If I dont I leave a complimentary message on their wall.

I know that seems backwards but its how I roll. lolOut of the box kinda fella, respect. You seem like the type who would defy gravity and fall up hills ;)

CounterSniper
04-26-2012, 09:48 AM
Out of the box kinda fella, respect. You seem like the type who would defy gravity and fall up hills ;)

I have fallen assbackwards into and outta trouble before so yeah I guess so. :cool:

Vile Lynn
04-26-2012, 09:50 AM
lol! I'm so tap-happy that my arm actually flinched when I saw the money icons in your posted pic! Oh geeze! *imaidiot*

CounterSniper
04-26-2012, 09:51 AM
lol! I'm so tap-happy that my arm actually flinched when I saw the money icons in your posted pic! Oh geeze! *imaidiot*

Its a very common ailment amongst those with criminal empires. lol.

i need muney
04-26-2012, 09:51 AM
Ingenious!

frenda
04-26-2012, 09:52 AM
I was curious about that... I tap, look, & then rob. But, I'd rob your LM anyway, hoping you'd want revenge, thus giving me a sweet link back to those lvl2 UCs!
What sorta gives it away is the UC next to them doesn't have the icon over it & most hoods are synched.

(I think it's so funny when players hide high-payout buildings behind high-payout buildings. I see it about as much as the hidden LMs.)

+1 Excellent point. I sometimes do that too. the backlink idea is brilliant, hehe. Glad I thought of it. ;)

G Wiz
04-26-2012, 09:54 AM
lol! I'm so tap-happy that my arm actually flinched when I saw the money icons in your posted pic! Oh geeze! *imaidiot*Try tap dancing.

jaywalker
04-26-2012, 09:56 AM
I have fallen for it too many times, now I usually doublecheck though. And some times I go for the LMs to check if I get 1/2 or 1/3 xp/rp :)

rareay84
04-26-2012, 10:02 AM
I can appreciate folks who design booby traps into their hoods. What I don't appreciate is CC either telling you what you're robbing, or not telling you, depending on how long someone's name is.

G Wiz
04-26-2012, 10:07 AM
I have fallen for it too many times, now I usually doublecheck though. And some times I go for the LMs to check if I get 1/2 or 1/3 xp/rp :)Nice!

I figure if enough people catch on, in the event that I do forget to collect, maybe they will think its just the laundromats and move along.

But, chances are they will rob me anyway and I will be backtrolled http://s8.postimage.org/m72wqxbw5/backtrolled.jpg

Fricco
04-26-2012, 10:17 AM
I have mixed emotions on this one... i always double check so i dont get caught,
i can appreciate the trickery behind this but making me waste my click on thus building only
fuels me to beat down on such player then rob them if i still have stam.

Fricco
04-26-2012, 10:21 AM

haha that reminded me of a time i was questing and saw a rock cafe and immediately tapped for a rob then realized it didnt have a money icon on top or lvl number.... needless to say i was ashamed.

G Wiz
04-26-2012, 10:23 AM
Seems that the general consensus is to pummel the trickster here... *thinks about where his laundromats are*

Fricco
04-26-2012, 10:29 AM
if i really rationalize i can see how you may get much enjoyment out of it from your lvl
but *reluctant to say it * ...remembering your old days up here did you enjoy stumbling upon one ?
Sorry G, your still my boy.

G Wiz
04-26-2012, 10:38 AM
if i really rationalize i can see how you may get much enjoyment out of it from your lvl
but *reluctant to say it * ...remembering your old days up here did you enjoy stumbling upon one ?
Sorry G, your still my boy. Well this actually happened to me with a loft back in the day and I thought it was so clever. Back then everyone was pretty much even in terms of defense and stats.

Currently my defense is pretty high, so it kind of gives me an idea how many people scan my hood on a regular basis.

Fricco
04-26-2012, 10:53 AM
so it kind of gives me an idea how many people scan my hood on a regular basis.
based on that logic alone, it makes perfect sense.

Nugget
04-26-2012, 11:13 AM
based on that logic alone, it makes perfect sense.

Damn I fell for it earlier trying to rob you gwiz! I should have known better since it was one of the only buildings available. But it was placed so well it really looked like the brownstone.

Interesting point in seeing how many people scan your hood. This would be a good stat if Funzio was to include it on our profile.

G Wiz
04-26-2012, 11:54 AM
It would definately aid one in seeing if they need to change the building collection times. I feel that a lot of people generally know when my buildings are going to spawn cash because I collect on time, so chances are if you hit me once and come around that same time--say-- 12 or 24 hrs later, you might catch me slunking by a minute or so.

mnju_03
04-26-2012, 11:57 AM
If it was me I would wreck you for days on end.... probably for so long I'd end up forgetting why I started in the first place...thus making us best friends. So if you don't do it, think of all the possible BFFs you're missing out on meeting. lol

Burn
04-26-2012, 12:07 PM
Love it. Change the LM for something that gives lots of Exp and less R, increase the heartache ;)

Pikachu
04-26-2012, 12:10 PM
I normally go for LM's and Collection Agencies anyways, so it wouldn't be a huge disappointment. Nice idea, though.

mnju_03
04-26-2012, 12:14 PM
Love it. Change the LM for something that gives lots of Exp and less R, increase the heartache ;)

lvl 10 Meat... lol

Soopajake
04-26-2012, 12:31 PM
I've tried to be the trickster before, it is actually really hard to place the sneaky building in the right place for the money sign to be just right.

Pikachu
04-26-2012, 12:33 PM

G Wiz
04-26-2012, 12:35 PM
based on that logic alone, it makes perfect sense.If it doesn't make sense, it doesn't make dollars!

Burn
04-26-2012, 12:35 PM
I <3 my deco. :)

Stolen deco. You keep forgetting to use the word 'stolen'.

G Wiz
04-26-2012, 12:39 PM
Love it. Change the LM for something that gives lots of Exp and less R, increase the heartache ;)Adding napalm to the fire...This is madness. *suddenly a wild leonidas appears*
This...

Is...

Sparta!!!

Burn
04-26-2012, 12:42 PM
Surely annoying people and creating enemies is a viable strategy, I hope so, I've been working hard on it ;)

Reap the whirlwind!

Fricco
04-26-2012, 12:53 PM
If it doesn't make sense, it doesn't make dollars!
Jiggy G Wiz lookin gully in the joint. If y'all figures ain't talkin 'bout large money what's the point?

G Wiz
04-26-2012, 01:00 PM
This is something that I would do. But I can't, because it wouldn't look good with my decorations...

I <3 my deco. :)

Stolen deco. You keep forgetting to use the word 'stolen'.

-1I think I see whats happening Burn.

Jiggy G Wiz lookin gully in the joint. If y'all figures ain't talkin 'bout large money what's the point?smoothly said bro. Any more smoother and you'd need to be on a vinyl record. Money makes the world go round!

DenZ1
04-26-2012, 01:10 PM
I already know most of players on my level who does that :)