PDA

View Full Version : Crate question..

white frog
04-26-2012, 08:32 AM
Just curious is anyone is having any luck getting these new crates from robberies, or if they are only dropping from missions.

CounterSniper
04-26-2012, 08:37 AM
Just curious is anyone is having any luck getting these new crates from robberies, or if they are only dropping from missions.

Its always best to start on missions cuz they are random drops. Wait awhile to switch to robs/att's after people have time to get some.

Then look for people who LM's are up or collected, no other buildings. This indicates they are actively playing and much more likely to have crates vs someone who has all their bldgs up for collection.

By tomorrow just do what you normally do.

kaz
04-26-2012, 08:38 AM
Since the event started i got these crates only from map jobs (energy), Not a single crate from pvp and robbing.

Whoopdido1980
04-26-2012, 08:41 AM
I've only gotten one crate so far and it was from a robbery. None from fighting and none from map jobs.

BOS
04-26-2012, 08:42 AM

I've received 3 from jobs, 1 from fighting, and 1 from robbing.

Aha
04-26-2012, 08:44 AM
Usually I get more crates than I can open but this time around I'm struggling to get enough?

I've only had them from jobs so far

frenda
04-26-2012, 08:48 AM
I've gotten one off a map and 2 off PvP.

sez
04-26-2012, 08:49 AM
I have 7, 1 from Ma Sheng and 6 from pvp. I've also lost 2 from pvp attacks.

McLovin
04-26-2012, 08:53 AM
CS is spot on as usual - Do that. You can only get crates from PvP if the opposing player is holding some. At the start of an event PvE is always a better bet to get crates but using LMs is a good guide to active players. 2 more strategies I find useful at the start of events:

1. Don't use all of your energy at the start of an event and accumulate 4 or 5 crates as you can easily lose them all by being attacked so just keep 1 or 2 on hand until you notice more dropping from PvP.

2. Attack or Revenge players from your news feed that have attacked you during the event. Obviously, these players have been active during the event and I find you have more of a chance of getting crates from PvP this way compared to blind attacking and it's more time-efficient than trolling through the Rivals List looking for uncollected LMs.

frenda
04-26-2012, 08:56 AM
+1 on the revenge attacks.

Sasha54
04-26-2012, 10:13 AM
Since the event started i got these crates only from map jobs (energy), Not a single crate from pvp and robbing.

Opposite - can't get any from PVE - only from robberies so far.

Sasha54
04-26-2012, 10:15 AM
+1 on the revenge attacks.

good idea - didn't think of that;)

transfer
04-26-2012, 11:02 AM
I've blown 2500+ energy on a location that I farm usually in Little San Juan and so far have gotten zero Art Crate from them.
Could it be either bad luck or they don't drop as much from PvE now, especially from already completed missions ?
I got one from following storyline (non-completed mission yet) and 1 last on robbing out of 90 stamina)

Either unlucky, or drops less.

kaz
04-26-2012, 11:05 AM
Opposite - can't get any from PVE - only from robberies so far.
That’s weird. I'm doing the Lowrider job in Junkyard and I’m getting lots of crates.
On the other hand, I got only 1 crate from robberies and PVP.

Maniaxe
04-26-2012, 11:07 AM
Same here eleven hours in and I just got my first crate. Shooting gallery is usually my golden goose during events but she has been prude all day, nada. Not looking good gentleman and/or/both ladies.