PDA

View Full Version : Players have high Def Points

twchung22
04-26-2012, 07:37 AM
...How's everyone get their Defense over 320+? I see their inventory has relatively the same units and allies as me, but I just don't get it...I am sitting at 300.

Level 11 w/ 13 allies.

Romaro
04-26-2012, 07:44 AM
Maybe he/she get def points from def building

twchung22
04-26-2012, 07:46 AM
I think I know why...they got better equipments from loot...where can i get armor or spear that is better than 2/2 ?

el_gringo
04-26-2012, 08:19 AM
just loot from the highest map available to you for better equipment. Equipment comes from PVE, loot units from pvp.

rareay84
04-26-2012, 08:23 AM
It's pretty quick and cheap to lvl up your magic academy to get the Druid and his 9 defense points. Spiked clubs and bandit leather (def 7 and 8 each) are also available at single-digit levels. I'm lvl 8 with 1200+ defense.

Odie
04-26-2012, 08:30 AM
I have found that spamming the easiest to kill creature that give you a chance of loot is the best method for me. For example, I am currently hammering the giant rats in the cursed graveyard (50% of the time I can get them in 1 shot for only 7 energy) and the loot I get from them has been as good as anything else on the board (except the boss that only spawns once or twice). Sure I get a million filthy pelts also, but I am also getting items like Blightwood armor (3/7) from them...which are equal to the best I have gotten from tougher allies (besides bosses like I said). Unless there is some rare great loot I am missing out on it, I haven't found a reason to focus on the other guys here besides the rats.

superdad
04-26-2012, 08:31 AM
I'm around your level and you can get weapons/armor with powers near 7-8 if you farm the top level NPC monsters. I've been farming the highest kills per experience gained units, which is usually the lowest energy units on a given map. Using that method, I get the highest chance of gaining item drops before I level up. You may level slower, but you'll be stronger at each level.

If you are really hard-up and falling behind, you can consider just not spending energy/stamina at all and just farming gold from your gold buildings to buy better gear from the store. That should power you up a bit in your existing level/ally range. It is kinda boring and very slow though.

War Priest
04-26-2012, 08:34 AM
Mine is like 1400 :)

Freekizh
04-26-2012, 10:10 AM
Mine is like 1400 :)

Haha .. thats tiny bit higher than 300 .. :)

Ghost818
04-26-2012, 11:09 AM
Mine is 9300 :)

Odie
04-26-2012, 11:11 AM
Mine is 9300 :)

And I was just starting to feel good about my 1500.

Ghost818
04-26-2012, 11:14 AM
And I was just starting to feel good about my 1500.

Consider the fact that I have been playing longer than most people, I am level 43 and my defense is 9150 exact sorry for the previous estimate.

I am a non Gem player.

Odie
04-26-2012, 11:31 AM
Consider the fact that I have been playing longer than most people, I am level 43 and my defense is 9150 exact sorry for the previous estimate.

I am a non Gem player.

Lol...I didn't think so although it doesn't matter to me if people are gem players or not really (I am smart enough to not attack them though). I am only level 22 with 43 allies...however I have the units/weapons/armor in queue to significantly boost my stats if I choose to follow the mass ally increase method. I am just deciding if I want to do that before or after I unlock some of the more powerful honor units I can at this level like Warlock, Assassin, Werewolf and War Golem. I don't know what the competition is like at my max ally count (100ish I would assume). Either way, I was being a little tongue-in-cheek with the comment. Most of the people I see in my Battle List are within sniffing distance of my stats.

superdad
04-26-2012, 11:36 AM
I have found that spamming the easiest to kill creature that give you a chance of loot is the best method for me. For example, I am currently hammering the giant rats in the cursed graveyard (50% of the time I can get them in 1 shot for only 7 energy) and the loot I get from them has been as good as anything else on the board (except the boss that only spawns once or twice). Sure I get a million filthy pelts also, but I am also getting items like Blightwood armor (3/7) from them...which are equal to the best I have gotten from tougher allies (besides bosses like I said). Unless there is some rare great loot I am missing out on it, I haven't found a reason to focus on the other guys here besides the rats.

Ah yes those rats. I love those rats. There are also some good imps on a few maps later. They take about twice the energy to kill and give 2-3x the experience per unit killed, but they drop significantly better gear.

If I increase my ally count, I'll probably farm up some equipment on those rats first.

Odie
04-26-2012, 11:43 AM
If I increase my ally count, I'll probably farm up some equipment on those rats first.

It's funny, that is effectively what is happening for me...although originally unintended. I will look out for the Imps later on.

twchung22
04-26-2012, 02:04 PM
I effectively Increase my Def pt by increasing ally and killing those Imps