PDA

View Full Version : New to forum, sorry for spamming every thread. Last repost of questions.

Cracka Jack
04-26-2012, 07:16 AM
Sorry for multiple posts in other threads. Didnt look very hard for the "Post New Thread" option.

n00b questions:

1. I've unlocked explosives up through the IED, of which I only bought a few. I heard I should equip my mafia with cheap explosives first just to make sure I have enough then buy better ones. Still, it seems like even though I have 86 mafia and about 110 molotov cocktails, I use up my frags, hand grenades, time bombs, etc. before I use my molotovs. Is this because the mafia will automatically equip themselves with the best items in their class first?

2. I've been trying to save up respect points for things like sawn-off shotguns and yamaha race bikes. Would it be wiser to grab a bunch of tommy guns and mustangs, respectively, instead of the more expensive items until I have my whole mafia equipped with tommy guns and mustangs? I have 86 mafia and 91 vehicles, but a lot of those are junkers, motorcycles, hatchbacks, etc...I want to phase those out first correct?

3. Is there any merit in buying guns, vehicles, and armor with money as opposed to respect points? It seems like the weapons/armors/vehicles you can buy with respect points are much better and that the amount of money it takes to buy an equivalent is much harder to obtain than the necessary respect points.

4. Other than stocking up explosives, guns, armor, and vehicles that have high attack points, is there any other way to raise my total mafia attack? Everybody I see has a higher defense than attack, and considering all I do is rob people I'd like to increase attack disproportionately in the interest of job security. I've recently begun upgrading money buildings lately but its definitely not my main source of income.

5. What is an "event"?

6. How do I change my profile pic? I didnt see an option to do it when creating my profile.

CounterSniper
04-26-2012, 08:00 AM
Looks like Jill answered your questions in one of the other threads.

If she missed any or you have follow up questions then feel free to edit your post here.

sexkitteh
04-26-2012, 08:07 AM
1) yes

2) don't waste your RP on low level items... in fact save your RP till you are like lvl 100... cause there are many missions that require lots of RP...

3) yes - find the best of the best and dump all your money into it (of course do this after having invested a lot into your econ) AND make sure you attack PEOPLE a lot (not rob - tho rob gives better RP). By attacking PEOPLE you get lots of loot.

4) no - only items give attack points as far as I know... you can put attack points into your skill but it will not change the number in the profile. The mythic rule is: take your level divide by 10 and then multiply your skill point and tada.

ie: level 100 with 50 points into attack MIGHT = 100/10 x 50 = +500 into your attack

5)event's are only available on iphone as well as crates and other goodies... so idunno (pun intended) ( ._.)

6) at the top click forum options -> then edit profile -> play around with it....

Gaming Will
04-26-2012, 08:15 AM
Sorry for multiple posts in other threads. Didnt look very hard for the "Post New Thread" option..
No problem. We were all new once too. Welcome!

n00b questions:

1. I've unlocked explosives up through the IED, of which I only bought a few. I heard I should equip my mafia with cheap explosives first just to make sure I have enough then buy better ones. Still, it seems like even though I have 86 mafia and about 110 molotov cocktails, I use up my frags, hand grenades, time bombs, etc. before I use my molotovs. Is this because the mafia will automatically equip themselves with the best items in their class first?

Explosives: depends on your stats, really. Concentrate on the attack and yo won't lose those unless you attack someone with better stats than you. For defense, you will always lose a few with each loss. Yes it will automatically use the higher ones first. Some forum folk use explosives, some don't equip their mafia with them at all. It's your choice.

2. I've been trying to save up respect points for things like sawn-off shotguns and yamaha race bikes. Would it be wiser to grab a bunch of tommy guns and mustangs, respectively, instead of the more expensive items until I have my whole mafia equipped with tommy guns and mustangs? I have 86 mafia and 91 vehicles, but a lot of those are junkers, motorcycles, hatchbacks, etc...I want to phase those out first correct?RP play a BIG role with your attack/defense. Don't know what level you are but don't waste alot of RP on the early items. Sawn off's are good short term, but not long term because they are later replaced. Try to go with NIght Vision Binoculars for awhile, they help your attack and defense and are fairly cheap. If you feel you need the vehicles, then go ahead with mustangs, etc. But again they are a short term item so don't buy many of them.

3. Is there any merit in buying guns, vehicles, and armor with money as opposed to respect points? It seems like the weapons/armors/vehicles you can buy with respect points are much better and that the amount of money it takes to buy an equivalent is much harder to obtain than the necessary respect points.
This is correct, so be wise in what you invest your RP in! Especially for long term use. I currently have 30k RP waiting on the unlock of exceleros. I save mine until I start getting beat. Seems to be working well for me.

4. Other than stocking up explosives, guns, armor, and vehicles that have high attack points, is there any other way to raise my total mafia attack? Everybody I see has a higher defense than attack, and considering all I do is rob people I'd like to increase attack disproportionately in the interest of job security. I've recently begun upgrading money buildings lately but its definitely not my main source of income.

Depends on your style of play. Again, use your RP wisely this is a major way of increasing attack and defense. On another note, there will always be someone bigger than you. Collect on time, and outfit your mafia with your most powerful weapons. A strategy going around is to decrease your mafia size to an amount that you best outfit for your size. For instance, I am level 95 but only have 350 mafia because that's all that I can equip well.

5. What is an "event"?
If you are on Android, you don't get them yet. They will come and you will have fun. They are timed "excursions". Where you get GREAT items for free!

6. How do I change my profile pic? I didnt see an option to do it when creating my profile.go to forum actions, edit profile. From there go to edit profile pic or avatar.

jaywalker
04-26-2012, 08:30 AM
1)
3) yes - find the best of the best and dump all your money into it (of course do this after having invested a lot into your econ) AND make sure you attack PEOPLE a lot (not rob - tho rob gives better RP). By attacking PEOPLE you get lots of loot.

I feel like I have good control on the economy part, BECAUSE I rob people.
And if you only rob the 2:1 rp/xp buildings (what I did first 70 levels or so) you get more RP compared to everyone else, so you end up stronger.

sexkitteh
04-26-2012, 08:32 AM
Well... I usually 30/70 unless the guys has high end buildings that give 10+ rp... (not right now tho cause I restarted and I'm slow playing... day 2 at lvl2)

Cracka Jack
04-26-2012, 09:12 AM
roger that, thanks all for the advice. im sure ill have more questions later.