PDA

View Full Version : Explosives are ****ehouse...

Bush Maori
04-26-2012, 04:54 AM
I thought that explosive usage was better then the past... Never bought back then but looking at now I'd hae to see it any worse.

Looking at the rough numbers i lost 5x more dollar value in explosives than money lost. Why should we bother spending on consumables? Is everyone so freakin unlucky in thee room of boom?

http://i1072.photobucket.com/albums/w367/Brentgledhill/ae3410c5.jpg

Jill
04-26-2012, 05:16 AM
Bush, go with the attack explosives only, then those you lost are helping you win attacks. The main thing from what I see is collect your buildings on time

FatDaz
04-26-2012, 05:17 AM
you should be more careful:p

Bush Maori
04-26-2012, 05:33 AM
Yeah I have my moments collecting on time.. They are just few and far between. I've only just delved into the world of the boom but have been nothing but disappointed so far. A few extra stat points don't seem to add up to the loss.

Cheers and beers for the word thou team.

CounterSniper
04-26-2012, 05:34 AM
Yeah I have my moments collecting on time.. They are just few and far between. I've only just delved into the world of the boom but have been nothing but disappointed so far. A few extra stat points don't seem to add up to the loss.

Cheers and beers for the word thou team.

So you must be around lvl 133 give or take a lvl?

Dipstik
04-26-2012, 05:43 AM
You won a robbery against that guy? He's a goldbug with like 70k stats isn't he?

CounterSniper
04-26-2012, 05:45 AM
You won a robbery against that guy? He's a goldbug with like 70k stats isn't he?

Like 61k/73k I think.

Dipstik
04-26-2012, 05:47 AM
He's also really touchy about it. I bet the welfare people found out what he was doing with my money.

CounterSniper
04-26-2012, 05:48 AM
Ha! I strolled thru his hood this morning, I just kept on walkin.

Hank
04-26-2012, 06:17 AM
Ouch!! 13 land mines in one hit. I'd whoop that johnny dollars ass if i was you

Cracka Jack
04-26-2012, 06:23 AM
Hi, I'm new. I know nothing. I started playing this game 10 days ago and I'm a level 45 right now, and it seems like the game itself doesnt explain anything to you so I figured Id jump on a blog.

A few questions:

1. I've unlocked explosives up through the IED, of which I only bought a few. I heard I should equip my mafia with cheap explosives first just to make sure I have enough then buy better ones. Still, it seems like even though I have 86 mafia and about 110 molotov cocktails, I use up my frags, hand grenades, time bombs, etc. before I use my molotovs. Is this because the mafia will automatically equip themselves with the best items in their class first?

2. I've been trying to save up respect points for things like sawn-off shotguns and yamaha race bikes. Would it be wiser to grab a bunch of tommy guns and mustangs, respectively, instead of the more expensive items until I have my whole mafia equipped with tommy guns and mustangs? I have 86 mafia and 91 vehicles, but a lot of those are junkers, motorcycles, hatchbacks, etc...I want to phase those out first correct?

3. Is there any merit in buying guns, vehicles, and armor with money as opposed to respect points? It seems like the weapons/armors/vehicles you can buy with respect points are much better and that the amount of money it takes to buy an equivalent is much harder to obtain than the necessary respect points.

4. Other than stocking up explosives, guns, armor, and vehicles that have high attack points, is there any other way to raise my total mafia attack? Everybody I see has a higher defense than attack, and considering all I do is rob people I'd like to increase attack disproportionately in the interest of job security. I've recently begun upgrading money buildings lately but its definitely not my main source of income.

5. How do I change my profile pic? I didnt see an option to do it when creating my profile.

Thanks, sorry for the novel.

Max Power
04-26-2012, 06:25 AM
Ouch!! 13 land mines in one hit. I'd whoop that johnny dollars ass if i was you

I am guessing that was more than one hit.

Caleb
04-26-2012, 06:34 AM
Any idea what building you successfully defended?

Jill
04-26-2012, 06:44 AM
Cracks Jack welcome to the forum. What level are you on?

The answers to your question really depends on how you plan to play the game.
Are you going to be a gold player?
Do you want to level up slowly building up your stats including your income as you go?

Jill
04-26-2012, 06:45 AM
@ Max
How was your London trip

Cracka Jack
04-26-2012, 07:04 AM
Cracks Jack welcome to the forum. What level are you on?

The answers to your question really depends on how you plan to play the game.
Are you going to be a gold player?
Do you want to level up slowly building up your stats including your income as you go?

Thanks Jill. I'm a level 44 right now. Not sure what a gold player is...I've bought gold before, but google wallet is a pain in the ass and I cant figure out why it stopped working so I just rely on money and respect points.

I havent really leveled up slowly so far. I rob and attack for money most of the time so I get XP inadvertently. I havent had trouble so far running into an entire rivals list full of people I cant beat. My stats so far:

Level 44
Jobs Completed: 729
Fights Won: 1346
Fights Lost: 155
Robberies Won: 3142
Robberies Lost: 137

# of Mafia Members: 86
# of Weapons: 570
# of Armors: 138
# of Vehicles: 91
Total Mafia Attack: 1831
Total Mafia Defense: 2339
Income per hour: $4955

Skills:
Attack: 47
Defense: 37
Max Energy: 270
Max Stamina: 20

Is there anything I should work on? Income per hour seems average, maybe a bit below average compared to the people I come up against. Also not sure what effect skills such as attack and defense have on my overall mafia attack/defense.

EDIT:

Feel free to add me and see what I'm workin with:

771 080 277

CounterSniper
04-26-2012, 07:13 AM
Welcome Cracka Jack!

Word of friendly advice.

Dont spam every other thread with your cut/paste questions. It poor form.

Feel free to start your own thread and you'll will be helped. I assure you.

Cracka Jack
04-26-2012, 07:20 AM
Welcome Cracka Jack!

Word of friendly advice.

Dont spam every other thread with your cut/paste questions. It poor form.

Feel free to start your own thread and you'll will be helped. I assure you.

Roger that, took your friendly advice. Apologies for the ill-mannered threadicate; poor form indeed.

TRAZ
04-26-2012, 07:21 AM
Please submit a support ticket along with your screenshot to funzio about explosives not lasting longer.

Jill
04-26-2012, 07:29 AM
Firstly stop posting the same message on all threads it pisses people off. Even start your own thread to ask members questions. There that said let's move on.

The game planners want you to do the maps and attack and rob. That's the way the game is designed, but its not the way most members here play it.

1) you are correct you mafia in attacks uses the best weapons available from each section. You know that only 5 mafia per level is taken into fights etc so in your case 44 levels x 5 mafia = 220 mafia can be used. For explosives at your lvl use only attack it's very costly replacing your defence explosives.

2) I can only give you my option on this and not everyone will have the same plan but I did buy tommy guns and mustangs at your lvl, maybe I bought too many, but to build up ur stats at that level get up to maybe 50 or 60. Move onto the yamaha and shotguns but again the number shouldn't be more than 150 as I am seeing the yamahas disappearing of my stats so that number will again build you up before moving onto chain whips etc. What you have to remember is each member of your mafia take 1 weapon of each element into a fight o ensure your have your RPs spread everything, gins, melee, etc

Jill
04-26-2012, 07:37 AM
3). Respect certainly gives your better weapons so concentrate on these. Buying weapons for maps and goals in my opinion is a waste of money. look at your income, alway be building something new while upgrading something at the same time. You will find that income is so important as you level up

There are places to farm weapons, look at the best of the best thread for some good advise on all aspects of the game, I'll add you and I'll have a look at you hood later.

Go into your profile in on the bottom left is customise, make your avatar changes there

Bush Maori
04-27-2012, 04:09 AM
Any idea what building you successfully defended?

Sorry mate not to sure what buildings they were. Most of the hood was robbed and the news feed was just win/loss. In total is was around 45 land mines in one hit. A hell of a lot more $$ than the building amounts taken.

And currently around level 135. It's just hard to see the benefit of d explosives so just going to watch them dribble out teh inventory and just keep att boom and doom on hand.

Max Power
04-27-2012, 04:43 AM
@ Max
How was your London trip

Awesome.

I want to go back.

;)

Jill
04-28-2012, 03:31 AM
Awesome.

I want to go back.

;)