PDA

View Full Version : and attack skill points do what exactly?

xclusiv
04-25-2012, 10:13 PM
we have no answer as to what they really do, hence they are worthless.

i need muney
04-25-2012, 10:20 PM
They are your virtual biceps: don't help in fights much, but nice to look at :)

Nicholost
04-25-2012, 10:23 PM
I so want to believe otherwise, but there is no evidence that suggests they have a significant effect. You've asked Funzio, I've asked Funzio, two dozen other people have asked, but they refuse to give any explanation of their significance. Actually, I hate to be a conspirator, but their refusal to explain suggests that they are either a placebo and have no effect (doubtful) or have such a small effect, that if people knew, they wouldn't use attack/defense skill points again or purchase any event items that add them.

xclusiv
04-25-2012, 10:27 PM
i think the effect of it is what you see is what you get, 1 = 1 which is why the havent given the answer

doinkent
04-25-2012, 10:27 PM
i must say its a bit ridiculous not answering a simple question like this for as long as its been

Ghost818
04-25-2012, 10:28 PM
They supposedly raise the chances of winning fights/robberies. By how much? Unknown.

xclusiv
04-25-2012, 11:01 PM
exactly.....

dudeman
04-26-2012, 12:28 AM
Good post X, I was just thinking this would make a good thread now that several veterans have recently spent some time with a significant skill boost.

I have, in fact, also been thinking about attack and defense (a/d) skill points, and their effect, since a little before the Bank Buster arrived. So far, these are the two things I have been thinking about most relating to a/d skill points:

A/d skill points are only used in fights. Read the "skills" page carefully. Kind of like the way defense buildings do more for robberies... I think.

A/d skill points are associated with explosives consumption. I can't verify anything in regards to defense explosives, but if I attack 10 rivals with the same true defense and only one of them costs me explosives, that rival probably invested in defense skill. If the visible scores are the same, where else could that difference come from?

Also, since getting the Bank Buster, has anyone noticed anything different? Did you slowly start attacking stronger rivals, or did you go for the big fish right away? Personally, I think there is a difference but I am too small of a sample size to be of any significance.

deuces
04-26-2012, 12:43 AM
Great post dudeman, gave me a lot to think about. I havent seen a huge boost from my bank buster, but i've invested a good amount in crates and am much stronger than most at my level, so i dont lose many attacks.

I did absolutely notice that it seemed to make no difference when robbing, and obviously going and reading the skill point explanations you're correct.

The defense building part still really gets me. I've been robbing some higher defense people lately, and maybe its just my head playing tricks on me...but people who show up with about the same defense as my attack, and have leveled up bodyguards, seem to burn my explosives a bit more.

dudeman
04-26-2012, 01:11 AM
For quite some time now I have thought "upgrading defense buildings is like adding skill points to robbery defense".

We don't see the full effect of what defense buildings do, but they aren't there for s#!ts and giggles. Why would Funzio go to such trouble as to not only dupe us all, but in some cases involving RM. Varying opinions aside, I don't think they would go through the effort of creating an entire aspect of the game just for pointless trickery.

It just makes sense to me that defense buildings have more effect when defending buildings, and skill points have more effect on player skill. In both cases you decide how much resources to devote to whichever category, so it's just another play style issue.

i need muney
04-26-2012, 01:27 AM
Attack points ain't shiplau!@#
And here's the deal:
http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb297/CutControl/b9d03c34.jpg
My attack skill is 261! You would think that it's supposed to make at least a moderate difference.

dudeman
04-26-2012, 01:52 AM
Attack points ain't shiplau!@#
And here's the deal:~~~
My attack skill is 261! You would think that it's supposed to make at least a moderate difference.

Choose your targets more wisely? Idk, that all I can suggest.

i need muney
04-26-2012, 02:02 AM
Choose your targets more wisely? Idk, that all I can suggest.
Dude, this ain't relevant :D

jaywalker
04-26-2012, 02:09 AM
I so want to believe otherwise, but there is no evidence that suggests they have a significant effect. You've asked Funzio, I've asked Funzio, two dozen other people have asked, but they refuse to give any explanation of their significance. Actually, I hate to be a conspirator, but their refusal to explain suggests that they are either a placebo and have no effect (doubtful) or have such a small effect, that if people knew, they wouldn't use attack/defense skill points again or purchase any event items that add them.

On my main account I can't beat too many people in PVP, my attack skill is quite low.
On my extra account I had 40 attack by the time I was level 25, I could beat people in PVP who had up to 100 more defence than I had attack (PVP).

Not sure how much it adds, but I'm convinced it works.

xavier8
04-26-2012, 02:43 AM
I agree that the skills increase the chance of a successful attack/defence. I for one have noticed a great difference since I got the Bank Buster and have not lost an attack since obtaining it. Before getting the Bank Buster there was a chance that I would lose an attack 1 in 10 times even if my attack was 2 or 3 hundred over their defence and I would almost never win if my attack was lower than their defence.
I think that many high level players who have the Bank Buster do not notice much of a change because the variance of 100 skill points is much lower at that level than it is for someone at a lower level.

Lars
04-26-2012, 03:03 AM
Also, since getting the Bank Buster, has anyone noticed anything different?

I was robbed recently by a rival with a Bank Buster and an attack skill which was about 1,000 points lower than that of any successful successful robber in recent time. Maybe it's just coincidence, but it goes well with the theory that there is a multiple of the Attack Skill (*10 for player levels above 100 -> 1,000 for the Bank Buster) added to the Attack.

Caleb
04-26-2012, 08:37 PM
A/d skill points are only used in fights. Read the "skills" page carefully. Kind of like the way defense buildings do more for robberies... I think.

I was wondering just recently if that wording on the skills tab was really saying that attack skill points are strictly used for fights. But, the attack skill points are displayed on the rob results screen, not just the attack results screen. That doesn't prove that they actually come into play for a robbery, but it implies that they do. Seems like it is still just as vague as ever.

deuces
04-26-2012, 08:40 PM
I was wondering just recently if that wording on the skills tab was really saying that attack skill points are strictly used for fights. But, the attack skill points are displayed on the rob results screen, not just the attack results screen. That doesn't prove that they actually come into play for a robbery, but it implies that they do. Seems like it is still just as vague as ever.

People are also under the impressive that items are halved during robs, but that doesnt show on the rob screen either.

edit: tho there is definitely merit to that point.

Caleb
04-26-2012, 08:48 PM
yep - could be the attack points are displayed just cause it's the same shared screen but has no affect in the rob case.

Dravak
04-26-2012, 09:06 PM
There will never be a answer simply put , based on what I read , half the people would feel gimped .
And explains why they had to adjust defense buildings already and give out bankbusters ..

Sorry the attack and defense does something very good half the time ,half the time they do nothing .
But then again half the time your energy does nothing , and stamina is half the value cause you need to invest double the points .

Sorry you will never get a honest answer from Funzio , cause it will be changed the week after :p
So stop trying .

Nicholost
04-26-2012, 09:23 PM
We don't see the full effect of what defense buildings do, but they aren't there for s#!ts and giggles. Why would Funzio go to such trouble as to not only dupe us all, but in some cases involving RM. Varying opinions aside, I don't think they would go through the effort of creating an entire aspect of the game just for pointless trickery.

It just makes sense to me that defense buildings have more effect when defending buildings, and skill points have more effect on player skill. In both cases you decide how much resources to devote to whichever category, so it's just another play style issue.

A little tangent, but I think defense buildings started off providing 100% of their claimed defense. That was fine until people started building hoards of them and no one could successfully rob these people. In the name of rebalancing and preventing a game absent of robbing, they significantly reduced the strength of defense buildings, but kept the display stats. If they lowered the viewable stats accordingly, no one would buy or upgrade defense buildings, including gold defense buildings. Those who already had purchased defense buildings would be pissed when they saw each building's stats drop. The solution: lower the real stats on the back-end, but maintain the original displayed stats. That's my theory, anyway.

Sorry you will never get a honest answer from Funzio , cause it will be changed the week after :p
So stop trying .

There are many people here who have vowed to not listen to you. So stop trying. :p

Dravak
04-26-2012, 09:26 PM
LOL good for me saves me time having to explain stuff lmao .
And more time for me to have fun ...

hurray for Fun :D

ELWAY
04-26-2012, 09:55 PM
You know "That Guy" that somehow beats you when try to rob him even though he has 1000 less mafia defense than you? Well, I believe that attack/defense points are a percentage that help you win in PvP. I got the Bank Buster and all of a sudden I can beat people with 20 more mafia than me because it gave me an extra 100 attack points. A little amount won't make much of a difference, but a lot will.

Captain Torgue
07-01-2014, 02:37 AM
we have no answer as to what they really do, hence they are worthless.

They don't do anything. Use your skill points on energy instead.

Cold Death
07-01-2014, 03:57 AM
Attack points play a very small role during battle, if you face a high lvl low stats with 100 or more defense points and you have 0 attack you get less battle points. Other than that a waste of skill points.

Notorious94
07-01-2014, 04:06 AM
They are your virtual biceps: don't help in fights much, but nice to look at :)

Actually it's your triceps that you look at on an arm. Only when lifting or pulling or flexing do biceps come into play....

Dipstik
07-01-2014, 04:11 AM
Actually it's your triceps that you look at on an arm. Only when lifting or pulling or flexing do biceps come into play....

You're doing it wrong.

Saronis
07-01-2014, 05:34 AM
1s.p = 10 a/d stats for levels 100-200
it's less for levels under 100 and more for levels 201-250
that simple
totaly useless anymore
a/d skill points should either trasform to an a/d modifier and gree should give us a free skill point reset considering that all old accounts (before sltqs) have their skill points invested in a/d.
FYI.. there was a s.p reset in the past by funzio

kimberleyj
07-01-2014, 06:32 AM
the mods on here used to make it seem like putting skill points in attack does somethink so i put alot on attack now i regret doing it.

i agree with the post above we should get 1 free reset just like what funzio did for CC FB (they brought out boss events which meant you had to use alot of stam on FB). I am sure if the mods hadn't kept going on saying it does make a difference alot of us wouldn't have put much in to it, also at the time the was no ltq so the wasn't any point putting skill points in to energy (it was more about attacking and robbing back then).

1Shot
07-01-2014, 09:05 AM
Attack and defense points are outdated. They were useful until stat inflation.

cynicalmofo
07-01-2014, 09:27 AM
Nice necro Captain Torgue

Saronis
07-01-2014, 09:27 AM
i agree with the post above we should get 1 free reset just like what funzio did for CC FB.

i am not talking about CC FB.. there was a s.p reset in normal CC... probably by a mistake but it has happened

Evan1000
07-01-2014, 09:45 AM
All defense buildings do is add on to your mafia defense, I tested it out. I had a lvl 5 abandoned building and the last three digits of my mafia defense were 573, when I deleted it the last 3 digits were changed to 543. They're useless now with stat inflation.

Zincincpink
07-01-2014, 11:16 AM
Attack and defense points are outdated. They were useful until stat inflation.

So April 2012 when this thread was made was after stat inflation?

Dipstik
07-01-2014, 11:21 AM
Stat inflation has always existed. The M4 screw-up ballooned free players stats all the way to the 30k range.

Da Don
07-01-2014, 12:48 PM
And then all those snowballs and pig bombs came along... And ppl wemt from 30k to 200k+ in 3 days