PDA

View Full Version : What happens after level 100?

Paulio
04-25-2012, 09:16 PM
Once you reach level 100, is it true that you can show up on the rivals list of players many levels higher than yourself?

upsman_17
04-25-2012, 09:20 PM
Last I saw, the HL rivals list starts at L142.

Cloud4201
04-25-2012, 09:21 PM
Your safe until 142

Paulio
04-25-2012, 09:31 PM
So then, up until level 142 you'll only see rivals at your own level +/- 1?

Steve0
04-25-2012, 09:31 PM
yeah your safe I am 108 and all I see is 107-108. You usto see a level above you but not no more.

CounterSniper
04-25-2012, 09:32 PM
So then, up until level 142 you'll only see rivals at your own level +/- 1?

Correct.........

Paulio
04-25-2012, 09:41 PM
Nice, I'm at lvl 100 and have my eye on the rock cafe but was hesitant to level up. Thanks for sharing.

Steve0
04-25-2012, 09:44 PM
Got my rock with TJ , took me a week.

CounterSniper
04-25-2012, 09:45 PM
Nice, I'm at lvl 100 and have my eye on the rock cafe but was hesitant to level up. Thanks for sharing.

I felt the same way at 100. Now I'm at 133 and its still balanced. I'm getting a little nervous though. 9 more to go till the sharks start chompin!

G Wiz
04-25-2012, 09:56 PM
101...but thats just theory of course

i need muney
04-25-2012, 09:58 PM
Towards the late 130's you start seeing +/- 3 or something.
I was once hit by a lv148 so it's defly not +\- 1 all the way to 142.

BTW I'm 141 on TL296 :)

CounterSniper
04-25-2012, 10:02 PM
Towards the late 130's you start seeing +/- 3 or something.
I was once hit by a lv148 so it's defly not +\- 1 all the way to 142.

BTW I'm 141 on TL296 :)

Aaah, And the plot thickens.

Cant wait to finish TL, I'm on 274, I envy you.

Nicholost
04-25-2012, 10:03 PM
What happens after level 100?
Probably level 101. :p

Honestly, the threshold where bracketing opens up to include many levels will increase as more rivals progress forward. I firmly believe the game is trying to build a minimum rivals pool size. If that minimum cannot be achieved, it widens the number of levels in the bracket until it is. This threshold will always move forward, but will do so more and more slowly since the likelihood of a player quitting increases each level. With fewer players moving forward each level, the pool increases more slowly, which means the threshold also increases more slowly. That's my theory anyway. Does that make sense? I tend to write more coherently on a real keyboard and not an iPod.

Paulio
04-25-2012, 10:24 PM

Honestly, the threshold where bracketing opens up to include many levels will increase as more rivals progress forward. I firmly believe the game is trying to build a minimum rivals pool size. If that minimum cannot be achieved, it widens the number of levels in the bracket until it is. This threshold will always move forward, but will do so more and more slowly since the likelihood of a player quitting increases each level. With fewer players moving forward each level, the pool increases more slowly, which means the threshold also increases more slowly. That's my theory anyway. Does that make sense? I tend to write more coherently on a real keyboard and not an iPod.

Interesting theory and I tend to agree with you. Not only because of quitting players, but also because of camping players. (Disclaimer: I'm not criticizing campers) I started an android account a few weeks ago and am shocked to see how strong, both economy and att/def, low lvl players are these days. These forums are flush with useful information and it seems more players have taken notice. With so many of the newer players camping, there will be a huge gap in the middle.

dudeman
04-25-2012, 11:48 PM

I believe this post is spot on. I would elaborate but there isn't much else that needs to be said.

If it helps, I suspect the cut-off level for appearing on HL rivals lists may have recently increased to level 143 or possibly level 144.

emcee
04-25-2012, 11:56 PM
Its probably some simple algorithm. How many current active players and inactive players are at a certain level. If the amount does not equal a predetermined threshold then +1 and -1 levels will open up until the threshold is met. As more and more players progress the threshold will be met at most levels moving forward considering special events and new missions will level most players up.

Synergy
04-26-2012, 12:27 AM

I also agree with this because I've watched it evolve this way as more people have leveled, but I don't really put too much weight on the quitting factor. Sure it happens, but once you've cleared the 140's and put that much time and effort into it, knowing that the levels stop at 200, I can't see too many people doing that.

Btw if anyone is wondering, I'm level 191 and 145+ is what is visible currently. :)

Jill
04-26-2012, 03:40 AM
I felt the same way at 100. Now I'm at 133 and its still balanced. I'm getting a little nervous though. 9 more to go till the sharks start chompin!

CS, I'm waiting for you ...... LOL

CounterSniper
04-26-2012, 03:44 AM
CS, I'm waiting for you ...... LOL

Uh Oh!

Anybody got my back here? {cowering in the corner}

Pikachu
04-26-2012, 03:58 AM
Happily relaxing at level 70. :)

I think Nicholost hit it spot on. The threshhold must be pretty large...