PDA

View Full Version : Gold/Money Sales

War Priest
04-25-2012, 07:07 PM
L Fizzle and/or Crime City Mark,

Just curious if it is possible for a heads up when we are about to recieve one. They hit us randomly, and I speak for a few of us when I say there has been a time or two where we have purchased gold a few hours before a sale started. It would also be nice so we can prepare financially opposed to spur of the moment. Maybe a day before notice..?

I am sure many would appreciate it.

Thanks,

-WP

Viol8ter
04-25-2012, 07:09 PM
Second tha priest... A little heads up to the faithful would b nice....

Copenhagen
04-25-2012, 07:09 PM
L Fizzle and/or Crime City Mark,

Just curious if it is possible for a heads up when we are about to recieve one. They hit us randomly, and I speak for a few of us when I say there has been a time or two where we have purchased gold a few hours before a sale started. It would also be nice so we can prepare financially opposed to spur of the moment. Maybe a day before notice..?

I am sure many would appreciate it.

Thanks,

-WP

I'll second that. For example, should we wait until Friday night?

Thunder Child
04-25-2012, 07:10 PM
+1 Happy to spend on gold, but I do like to plan that spend a bit. A day or two's notice would be useful.

War Priest
04-25-2012, 07:48 PM
I don't recall what game had the latest sale. Was it CC?

Tate
04-25-2012, 08:02 PM
Yes, it was CC and I'll third that request!

War Priest
04-25-2012, 08:04 PM
Yes, it was CC and I'll third that request!

Ah, so we should be getting ours next then. Hopefully soon...

Captian Awesome
04-25-2012, 08:50 PM
Ah, so we should be getting ours next then. Hopefully soon...

Yes, soon!

War Priest
04-25-2012, 08:54 PM
Yes, soon!

I hope not within the next few days. I just bought more gold a few minutes ago. I am at a new record for myself of 26,250 gold on hand. :)

You know how hard it is not to spend it..!

Jp lfs
04-25-2012, 08:57 PM
I can understand why they don't put up an in-game warning, because most of the players worldwide aren't active forum users, right? If they don't know any better, they don't know to complain. So a heads up on here would be like an extra VIP hookup, and cut down on the public whining. So win-win, right?

Sorry, I should have just said "I AGREE!!"

Jp lfs
04-25-2012, 09:01 PM
I hope not within the next few days. I just bought more gold a few minutes ago. I am at a new record for myself of 26,250 gold on hand. :)

You must have amazing control. Not just will power, but hand-eye coordination. When I have thousands on hand I make two mistakes all the time.
1) Accidental fat-fingers or double taps to buy, upgrade, or refill bars I didn't mean to. And
2) Impulsive buys like just one more 3-pack of crates... 10 times in a row. Or resetting timers in events, just because I can.

So... my hat is off to you for your restraint!

War Priest
04-25-2012, 09:05 PM
You must have amazing control. Not just will power, but hand-eye coordination. When I have thousands on hand I make two mistakes all the time.
1) Accidental fat-fingers or double taps to buy, upgrade, or refill bars I didn't mean to. And
2) Impulsive buys like just one more 3-pack of crates... 10 times in a row. Or resetting timers in events, just because I can.

So... my hat is off to you for your restraint!

I have expeirenced both, but have overcome. Once I had 7K on hand and just went crazy and upgraded and instantly finished building upgrades. I have also learned to make slow, precise movements when on the game due to accidental instant upgrades, vault upgrades, and LE unit purchases. Haha

Copenhagen
04-25-2012, 09:13 PM

I hope you are getting interest on it. Props on the dicipline to sit on it. It appears that your temptation is not burning through the G on units and upgrades. Your vice is buying the gold.

War Priest
04-25-2012, 09:17 PM
To bad I don't have this type of control from spending money on the game! :p

Hello Kitty
04-26-2012, 12:04 AM
I hope not within the next few days. I just bought more gold a few minutes ago. I am at a new record for myself of 26,250 gold on hand. :)You know how hard it is not to spend it..!What are you saving it for?

Populouspapa
04-26-2012, 12:37 AM
+1 on this, would be awesome to know one day ahead at least.

WP, 26,250 damn, thats a lot of gold!

Aidan
04-26-2012, 12:41 AM
Dont think they r going to reveal tht info. I sent a pm to one of the devs asking bout it few days ago but got no reply ��
I think it's unfair anyway. Not all plyrs r forum member

Marc
04-26-2012, 02:09 AM
+1 to gold sales. I need more gold bar so i can get that Blackbird Jet and Jungle SAM at the same time!!!

Bronson
04-26-2012, 02:34 AM
I get a works bonus on Friday so a gold sale tomorrow would be good, that way I can catch up to WP, I only have 26000 more gold bars to go lol

Tctiger
04-26-2012, 04:59 AM
This way they maximise profit from people who don't know about the sales or who can't wait for sale, it also makes people buy more in the sale then they get tempted to use it and do buy more , clever system to keep you buying :)

Populouspapa
04-26-2012, 05:25 AM
This way they maximise profit from people who don't know about the sales or who can't wait for sale, it also makes people buy more in the sale then they get tempted to use it and do buy more , clever system to keep you buying :)

+1, If they would have the sale during events I think they would get tons of more buyers as well, those that usually don't spend on gold would say, hey eff it I got 9 I'm going for 10.... and then they're hooked on buying gold..

War Priest
04-26-2012, 05:57 AM
What are you saving it for?

LE's, crates, and events.

War Priest
04-26-2012, 05:58 AM
Dont think they r going to reveal tht info. I sent a pm to one of the devs asking bout it few days ago but got no reply ��
I think it's unfair anyway. Not all plyrs r forum member

How is that unfair? That is called advantage. We also have the advantage of winning free LE's and knowing about events before hand and non forum members don't.

By the way, once I have sent a ticket asking for a sale and they said they should shortly but don't hold them to it. So I have recieved a reply asking that question.

Taranis73
04-26-2012, 06:45 AM
What are LE's

War Priest
04-26-2012, 06:46 AM
What are LE's

Short for Limited Editions.

Taranis73
04-26-2012, 06:49 AM
stupidness strikes again. cheers WP, just sent you a PM.

War Priest
04-26-2012, 06:53 AM
stupidness strikes again. cheers WP, just sent you a PM.

You sure it was to me..?

Taranis73
04-26-2012, 06:53 AM
Yeah ill send again.

Aidan
04-26-2012, 06:56 AM
How is that unfair? That is called advantage. We also have the advantage of winning free LE's and knowing about events before hand and non forum members don't.

By the way, once I have sent a ticket asking for a sale and they said they should shortly but don't hold them to it. So I have recieved a reply asking that question.

Maybe u r right. We did hv the advantage of winning the LE. Screw them non forum players!!! Lol

Well WP, u cover their wages n massage. Me myb their coffee/tea. Understandable tht u got a reply n i dont. Not tht i'm complaining. I fully expect n understand tht.

Taranis73
04-26-2012, 06:56 AM
sent there now WP

War Priest
04-26-2012, 06:57 AM
Maybe u r right. We did hv the advantage of winning the LE. Screw them non forum players!!! Lol

Well WP, u cover their wages n massage. Me myb their coffee/tea. Understandable tht u got a reply n i dont. Not tht i'm complaining. I fully expect n understand tht.

They will reply. I sent in a ticket Sunday and it wasn't answered until I sent CC Mark a PM yesterday.

Aidan
04-26-2012, 07:02 AM
Oh no, i'm not talking bout ticket. All my tickets were dealt with in a timely manner. I'm talking bout pm.
Neway, tht's not wht i'm trying to say. I was saying tht they might not want to reveal the exact date for gold sales.

War Priest
04-26-2012, 07:05 AM
Oh no, i'm not talking bout ticket. All my tickets were dealt with in a timely manner. I'm talking bout pm.
Neway, tht's not wht i'm trying to say. I was saying tht they might not want to reveal the exact date for gold sales.

Hmm... I don't see why they would ignore you over it, when they can simply say I can't tell you.

Anyways that is the point of this thread, in hopes we will get a yes or no answer.

mickymacirl
04-26-2012, 07:14 AM
Amen, was planning on buying some myself this weekend, should we wait?

Taranis73
04-26-2012, 07:14 AM
Cheers WP, anyone else get the glitch today. where it takes the money and lets you try again and gives you just sorry's.

War Priest
04-26-2012, 07:18 AM
Amen, was planning on buying some myself this weekend, should we wait?

Bought some last night.

War Priest
04-26-2012, 07:19 AM
Cheers WP, anyone else get the glitch today. where it takes the money and lets you try again and gives you just sorry's.

Twice this event, and the second try got a nuke both times. :)

Taranis73
04-26-2012, 07:22 AM
Grrrrrrr, only got sorry's

Bronson
04-26-2012, 07:24 AM

Yeah I had that it glitched 4 times in a row and got all sorrys

cheiz
04-26-2012, 07:48 AM
Twice this event, and the second try got a nuke both times. :)

hey, that better than the glitch I had. It just took my money and reset the timer, not even a sorry!

mickymacirl
04-26-2012, 07:53 AM
Bought some last night.

I wish I had 26k gold. :P

Aidan
04-26-2012, 07:54 AM
hey, that better than the glitch I had. It just took my money and reset the timer, not even a sorry!

Took ur money n didnt even say sorry?? Lol. Sounds like my government.....

big perm
04-26-2012, 09:00 AM
i got the glitch also, took my money and no sorry just reset timer!!whats next?

Taranis73
04-26-2012, 09:18 AM
It will take your gold and give you nothing

SeqWins
04-26-2012, 09:27 AM
For you experienced gold buyers I got a question, how is gold billed when you buy it? Through your iTunes account?Or do you have to provide a card.

Jp lfs
04-26-2012, 09:34 AM
For you experienced gold buyers I got a question, how is gold billed when you buy it? Through your iTunes account?Or do you have to provide a card.

There is no simple answer to this. It does go through your iTunes account, so if you have a balance there from gift cards, it will use that first. If you don't have a balance, or go over it, then it will go to your credit card or checking account, or whatever you have on file. **ALSO** Don't forget there is sales tax on those transactions! So if you saved up exactly the amount you need, add an extra few bucks for tax.

War Priest
04-26-2012, 09:43 AM
There is no simple answer to this. It does go through your iTunes account, so if you have a balance there from gift cards, it will use that first. If you don't have a balance, or go over it, then it will go to your credit card or checking account, or whatever you have on file. **ALSO** Don't forget there is sales tax on those transactions! So if you saved up exactly the amount you need, add an extra few bucks for tax.

No tax for me...

Jp lfs
04-26-2012, 09:57 AM
No tax fore me...

Nice! Might just be an indiana thing. If so, again, sorry for the misinformation, just my experience.

War Priest
04-26-2012, 10:03 AM
Nice! Might just be an indiana thing. If so, again, sorry for the misinformation, just my experience.

That would suck, haha. Paying to state to buy gold.... :p

How much is your tax?

Jp lfs
04-26-2012, 10:07 AM
That would suck, haha. Paying to state to buy gold.... :p

How much is your tax?

7% which really adds up when you buy $500 or more in gold... a week...

mickymacirl
04-26-2012, 10:46 AM
7% which really adds up when you buy $500 or more in gold... a week...

500 gold a week? Crazy!

War Priest
04-26-2012, 02:06 PM
500 gold a week? Crazy!

Haha, and that is probably just from one or two tattoos. :p

mickymacirl
04-26-2012, 02:34 PM
Haha, and that is probably just from one or two tattoos. :p

Could easily afford it, but hell, what's the point?!

War Priest
04-26-2012, 09:20 PM
Wish they would consider this. JP and I spent a few hundred last night and then a sale starts today...

mickymacirl
04-27-2012, 12:36 AM
Thank god I waited! Sale is a go!