PDA

View Full Version : Camping vs Leveling Up / Banking vs No-Banking Advice

bSkeeter
04-25-2012, 06:09 PM
So I've never posted on here before, but I've been reading things for a while. I see a lot of people talking about camping and building their economy or lowering their mafia numbers so people with 500 can't see/attack you.

My stats are:
level 121
500 mafia
attack 18589
defense 21741
$48985 an hour

At level 121 I decided to start camping, which was about a week ago, and started just building my economy. Since then, I've gotten my hourly income up around $10-$12k. I don't do jobs but I still rob people, just not as often as when I was doing TL goals or wasn't just upgrading my economy. I've noticed that while my income goes up, my attack and defense go up very minimally, where as before I was able to increase those rather quickly. It seems as though it makes little sense for me to continue to camp. I don't get attacked/robbed and lose often enough for it to be too harmful to me. I can't up my stats as well as I was able to before, and some things take so long to upgrade/build, it hardly seems worth it to sit and do nothing for days at a time.

I understand the idea behind lowering your mafia size for no-banking, but is it really worth losing that much attack/defense that comes with an extra 250 members?

I'm starting to think I should go back to leveling up, and not just up my economy.

Just looking for some insight on my situation.

Peace

Swearengen
04-25-2012, 07:26 PM
Use one of the many CC stat calculators (lars, white frog, etc...) and you can see exactly how much effect it will have on your scores. I think you would also need to consider your current atk/def per mafia. If your atk/def per mafia is high, you don't get robbed very often, then go no bank, and stay put.

If not adjust accordingly.

Just my 2 cents...

bSkeeter
04-25-2012, 07:41 PM
Good looks my dude. Not to be a bother, but where would I did said calculators?

Swearengen
04-25-2012, 09:02 PM
Check out this thread for a good stat calculator by Lars…
http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?23214-Yet-Another-Stats-Spreadsheet-one-for-items-*and*-buildings

Or the newest one, I haven’t used it yet but it looks great by white frog.
http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?25041-And-now-for-something-completely-different...

The links to the calculators are in the first post of each thread.

Nicholost
04-25-2012, 09:39 PM
Everything you need is in my sig.

bSkeeter
04-25-2012, 09:45 PM
appreciate the help fellas

jaywalker
04-25-2012, 10:47 PM
In my opinion, you should continue robbing while you level. I get 10k/h from robbing when I don't try, and I have had days where I rob close to 2 million. I put most of the cash back in to my economy though.

bSkeeter
04-25-2012, 10:54 PM
oo ya, I'm always robbing. Cash and loot is too good to pass up.

Swearengen
04-26-2012, 03:35 PM
i would go robbing, not attacking, while building econ...that is basically coined "turtling" or crawling. With Atk'ing exp pts increase much faster (i.e. leveling).

Dr BoneCrusher
05-16-2012, 01:39 PM
Camping is a wast of time but no-banking is the way to go people are making tens of thousand a hour from there economies just to give money away. Why bank?

sexkitteh
05-16-2012, 02:17 PM
Camping is a wast of time but no-banking is the way to go people are making tens of thousand a hour from there economies just to give money away. Why bank?

I think if you camp for small amounts of time it's ok and useful...

Damn event is making me power through the game tho! lol

Camping so you can save up money to buy the best items for your next level sounds reasonable.

I'm going to camp in between events! that's the plan from now on... lolz

murf
05-16-2012, 02:20 PM

Those statements sound completely opposed to me. In order to be strong enough to no-bank you have to level very, very slowly. If not, you will only be the strongest 2-3% and that's not good enough to no-bank. I would guess you need to be the strongest .5% to be able to no-bank profitably.

Dr BoneCrusher
05-16-2012, 02:27 PM
Murf you will never get to the top .5% with equment you buy with in game money. The only thing that could work is slow leveling for RP

murf
05-16-2012, 02:38 PM
I'll be honest I never did it, I came to the forums too late to be able to no-bank, but I guess I would think that until you unlock NVB and CWs, the 'cheaper' in-game items when are below level 40 can make you very strong especially when you add a bunch of defense buidlings, which are huge when your total attack/defense is only 1-2K not 30-40k.

I'll defer to the no-bankers on this one. But I would think that the optimal strategy to no-bank is to camp for awhile, get your economy up above 20k, so you can equip your mafia with the best low-level cash gear, then start crawling.

Silvio
05-16-2012, 03:06 PM
Depends on your level. My camper account is on level 20, and I no bank - haven't been successfully robbed in weeks. My main account, level 117, still have to bank. I estimate I'm in the top 5% (def ~25,500), which is not enough to no bank (yet). Losses sustained by robbing exceed 10% banking fee. Only way to get to top .5% without gold is RP items (and maybe not even then).

murf
05-16-2012, 06:19 PM
I just started a camper account recently, I'm on level 6 $12k/hr income stats are 153/412 and I'm 104-1 in attacks (my one loss was a few hours after I started and then realized I needed to build up my defense at least a little ASAP. So, I'm figuring I can no-bank quite easily without RP weapons for the next 10-20 levels at least, after that we'll see I guess.

Nicholost
05-16-2012, 09:32 PM
If you play the game well, you can no-bank into some pretty high levels. I'm level 98 and still hanging my money out there for the world to see. No idea how long I have been no-banking for, but the amount I have saved is un-real.

Dreno33
05-17-2012, 01:47 AM
No idea how long I have been no-banking for, but the amount I have saved is un-real.

Im assuming you starting playing... around January? maybe February? Have you no-banked more time then you did bank? just curious.

as for the OP.

I use White Frog's "CC-all-in-one" spreadsheet and it works PERFETLY for me. You can adjust your mafia and it will automatically adjust everything for you (in pie graphs, numbers, charts, etc) and it is very organized. try it out(: