PDA

View Full Version : About Support

Crime City Mark
04-25-2012, 05:18 PM
There seems to be some confusion floating around about our support staff, so I thought I'd clear a few things up.

There's me (You might even run into me when you send in a ticket, though I use a different name.), the Support Manager. I don't do a ton of tickets any more (busy running the team); but I handle really big issues and triage ticket floods.

Then we have the rest of the team who handle all of our games and platforms. There are a handful of us, and we swap from game to game as needed. We do have a couple of people who are pretty permanent in a queue (CJ does a lot of MW because you guys generate the 3rd highest amount of tickets. You used to be first, but that honor goes to KA now.), but that's rare.

L Fizzle is our Community Manager, and while we work closely together, she is not support. She's here to advocate for the players and do a lot of fun stuff. Think of her as externally facing while me and mine are internally facing. (i. e. she goes out and contacts you while you come in to contact us.)

That said, if you feel your ticket has gone too long without an answer (48 hours is too long, FYI), please send me a PM with your ticket number and the e-mail address you used to submit the ticket. Sometimes there's an issue where the ticket didn't reach us. Sometimes our ticket queuing system makes a mistake. Sometimes a support agent makes a mistake. We're human and fallible, and I'll happily tell you what the status of your ticket is and make sure someone handles it.

If you have an issue with the response a specific support agent has given you, send me a PM or ask for the support manager in your ticket. Be aware that this doesn't mean "CJ said I couldn't have 10,000 gold for free, let me talk to the manager.". I will almost always stick by the decision my team makes (we don't hire bad people.).

War Priest
04-25-2012, 05:22 PM
Thanks for the clearing up! :)

Corsair
04-25-2012, 07:15 PM
Just a suggestion, since it's out there already, you might want to just post the zendesk link so people can look up their own tickets. May not be a huge help since updates are always emailed anyway but sometimes people just like that sort of interface. I know I do.

Crime City Mark
04-25-2012, 07:34 PM
I'd rather not make that super widespread because then people will try to use alternate forms of contacting support which can seriously mess up our issue tracking. Every time someone uses the wrong e-mail to contact us it adds more work and slows things down.

Corsair
04-25-2012, 07:44 PM
Ah, good point. I'm used to dealing with corporate customers who only use one email address. I hate getting those emails. :)

War Priest
04-25-2012, 07:45 PM
About how many tickets do you guys average a day around a time like this?

Jp lfs
04-25-2012, 08:29 PM
Mark thank you so much for clearing this up, and for your direct input into the forums lately. I know I really appreciate it myself, and I believe everyone else does, too. Especially when we all know you are all super busy with events and a new game launch, just dropping a post on here means a lot. I personally LOVE the tech support team. So again, thank you.

overkill 280
04-25-2012, 08:35 PM
Mark thank you so much for clearing this up, and for your direct input into the forums lately. I know I really appreciate it myself, and I believe everyone else does, too. Especially when we all know you are all super busy with events and a new game launch, just dropping a post on here means a lot. I personally LOVE the tech support team. So again, thank you.Well said Jp...I couldn't agree more!

Crime City Mark
04-25-2012, 11:56 PM
About how many tickets do you guys average a day around a time like this?

Can't say, but it's a lot. We have some very popular games.

War Priest
04-26-2012, 06:08 AM
Can't say, but it's a lot. We have some very popular games.

Including the best iOS game out there, Modern War. :)

Poopenshire
04-26-2012, 06:12 AM
Mark, I hope your not tracking time to close, cost to close, and overhead to close. I have had to track those on deviations, and with as many several hundred a day generated it was a mess. On top of that when a deviation caused a writedown that was a whole another issue that needed tracked for the finance guys.

overkill 280
04-26-2012, 01:07 PM
I'd just like to thank you for your prompt response back to my matter CCM. :)

War Priest
04-26-2012, 01:10 PM
I'd just like to thank you for your prompt response back to my matter CCM. :)

Same here. Been waiting a few days for the gems to be transfered to gold on MW and you got it taken care of within a minute. :)

Populouspapa
04-26-2012, 01:44 PM
Same here, got response to two of my tickets now.

Tctiger
04-26-2012, 01:48 PM
I don't know what a ticket is but I sent them a message and they said they would pass it on to developers and I asked a question and they told me about the forum so I can bugg you lot with questions which always get kindly answered :)

War Priest
04-26-2012, 01:51 PM
I don't know what a ticket is but I sent them a message and they said they would pass it on to developers and I asked a question and they told me about the forum so I can bugg you lot with questions which always get kindly answered :)

A ticket is an email to support.

Bronson
04-27-2012, 12:09 AM
All I would like to say on the matter is that I have sent in about 4 tickets over the last 2 weeks and everyone I have had a reply within 2 days and everyone I have spoke to have been very helpful and done exactly as they have promised so good work chaps!!

Buggs1a
04-27-2012, 12:14 AM
Well some I've sent last week or so and maybe just early this week and still no response. Extremely annoying it seems with me that they pick and choose which to reply too.

Tate
04-27-2012, 12:23 AM
How many and in regards to ? I had to send 3 tickets over 3 days about the BS Heli before I got a reply.

mickymacirl
04-27-2012, 12:46 AM
Well some I've sent last week or so and maybe just early this week and still no response. Extremely annoying it seems with me that they pick and choose which to reply too.

I do not think this is the case. I'm a gold player and they respond to me quickly.

One of my good mates started the game a few weeks back (Major Payne, level 68 or something), who's a very light gold player.

His tickets get answered in the same amount of time.

Buggs1a
04-27-2012, 01:12 AM
Like I said its with me it seems. I sent many since I started playi g weeks ago about all the mw crashes and mostly got a response with a couple days. But some tickets took longer and no reply on a couple. I do agree generally they reply in a decent time frame. Just a couple of mine they haven't yet.

But I do think they're pretty good about everything. /me hugs them.

Mcdoc
04-27-2012, 03:07 AM
Thanks for the support Mark. It really makes the game more personal knowing you guys monitor this forum.

L Fizzle
04-27-2012, 09:57 AM
There are lots of people at Funzio that monitor the forum. I'm a lurker most days....here even if you don't see me. :)

Dreno33
04-27-2012, 10:44 PM
There are lots of people at Funzio that monitor the forum. I'm a lurker most days....here even if you don't see me. :)

speaking of you. I made a thread about thanking you for the inbox increase. It's over in CC if you want to go look at it(:

Jp lfs
04-27-2012, 11:08 PM
As far as support though, I have a few tickets that are in need of quick resolution before I can proceed with the game and especially with further money spending. Help me soon, please? You rock, always. I just suck at patience. Thanks.

xyz1990
04-28-2012, 08:38 PM
The headset is equipped with a wire microphone to meet the needs of the use of volume adjustment , voice calls . The sound , the headphones low-frequency relative prominence in the high-frequency performance of room for improvement .
Beats Headphones (http://www.monsterbeatseu.com/)
Dr Dre Headphones (http://www.beatsbydredesigner.com/)
Custom Soccer Jerseys (http://www.soccerkitsbox.com/)
Soccer Jerseys (http://www.soccerkitszone.com/)
Cheap Soccer Jerseys (http://www.soccerjerseysfan.com/)
Spain Jersey (http://www.soccerjerseysfanszone.com/spain-jersey/)
Barcelona Soccer Jerseys (http://www.soccerjerseysgo.com/)

War Priest
04-28-2012, 08:47 PM
The headset is equipped with a wire microphone to meet the needs of the use of volume adjustment , voice calls . The sound , the headphones low-frequency relative prominence in the high-frequency performance of room for improvement .
Beats Headphones (http://www.monsterbeatseu.com/)
Dr Dre Headphones (http://www.beatsbydredesigner.com/)
Custom Soccer Jerseys (http://www.soccerkitsbox.com/)
Soccer Jerseys (http://www.soccerkitszone.com/)
Cheap Soccer Jerseys (http://www.soccerjerseysfan.com/)
Spain Jersey (http://www.soccerjerseysfanszone.com/spain-jersey/)
Barcelona Soccer Jerseys (http://www.soccerjerseysgo.com/)

Oh, damn! Do you know the punishment for spamming a dev's sticky..?

enahs1
04-29-2012, 05:13 AM
So who do I contact if support funzio doesn't answer within 48 hours and if Crime City Mark doesn't answer within 24 Hours? Why don't you ANSWER my email? Please and Thanks

pittsfamily78
04-29-2012, 07:30 AM
Me id 660-788-740 and I'm not sure if this is the right place to do this. I'm trying to do the missions for shipyard and it keeps kicking me back off the game. I also try to contact the support but it said that I need an email. With that being said, what do I need to do and what email do I need. Thank u

Sugarymama
04-29-2012, 08:18 AM
This is good to know. I send in a ticket regarding a player with a very offensive user name (not sure if I sent it to the right attention), and I never received a response. Hopefully going forward that won't happen.

Bronson
04-29-2012, 09:02 AM
I just gotta say that I had a problem with my account a few weeks back and got compensated and it happened again a day ago so I replied to the original ticket that got sorted and had an email in my box at 9:30 this morning which must be around 1:30am your time that's good customer service!!

enahs1
04-29-2012, 09:11 AM
Support for me is terrible. It's been 62 hours and I haven't gotten an email back yet...

War Priest
04-29-2012, 10:50 AM
Support for me is terrible. It's been 62 hours and I haven't gotten an email back yet...

You cannot count weekends. Just like a normal business, only business days count.

enahs1
04-29-2012, 10:51 AM
Oh well then, please answer my email tomorrow... In that case it's been 2 hours since you have answered my email ;) sorry

jobadass
04-29-2012, 03:55 PM
Including the best iOS game out there, Modern War. :)
MW is 2nd IMO, CC is better:)

War Priest
04-29-2012, 03:59 PM
MW is 2nd IMO, CC is better:)

WHAT! Hey there buddy, this is the MW forums... That is like walking into greaser territory and yelling socials rule.

jobadass
04-29-2012, 04:05 PM
WHAT! Hey there buddy, this is the MW forums... That is like walking into greaser territory and yelling socials rule.
ummm...JK? Sorry? [JBA walks away with tail between legs]

War Priest
04-29-2012, 04:07 PM
ummm...JK? Sorry? [JBA walks away with tail between legs]

Haha, good one. :p

Copenhagen
04-29-2012, 04:10 PM

You tell him Pony boy. Soda pop won't stand for that.

I'm not sure I concur with your bankers hours comment. This is a global app and should have 24/7 support. Another way to say it is that if they are willing to take my money at 2:00am then a support person should be there to respond if there is an issue.

enahs1
04-29-2012, 04:10 PM
The Outsiders? I loved that book
I'll go all Darry on you!

War Priest
04-29-2012, 04:11 PM
The Outsiders? I loved that book
I'll go all Darry on you!

Haha, yeah that is a good book.

Aidan
05-01-2012, 08:20 AM
You tell him Pony boy. Soda pop won't stand for that.

I'm not sure I concur with your bankers hours comment. This is a global app and should have 24/7 support. Another way to say it is that if they are willing to take my money at 2:00am then a support person should be there to respond if there is an issue.

I agree with u on this. They need to hire more people. Currently there r only 2 persons answering thousands of emails!! (CJ n S). Guess 'Work n Life Balance' is not recognise by Funzio.

Crime City Mark
05-01-2012, 09:28 AM
I agree with u on this. They need to hire more people. Currently there r only 2 persons answering thousands of emails!! (CJ n S). Guess 'Work n Life Balance' is not recognise by Funzio.

Uh, it's actually more than 2.

Crime City Mark
05-01-2012, 09:28 AM
You cannot count weekends. Just like a normal business, only business days count.

We do have support up on weekends, but it's more limited.

Aidan
05-01-2012, 09:38 AM
Uh, it's actually more than 2.

Ok, i'll take your word for it but please dont tell me it's 3 person 😰 Lol. Not sure how is the system there but all my emails so far were answered by either CJ or S

Crime City Mark
05-01-2012, 09:45 AM
That's due to quantity and priority. Some games (like MW) generate a lot of tickets, so you'll see regular dedicated staff there. Other games generate very few tickets, so you'll see rotating staff there. Some games take 2 or 3 people around the clock to handle, and other games can be handled by 1/5th of a person.

Aidan
05-01-2012, 10:33 AM
Thanks Mark fr your answer.
Like i said before, support hv been great so far. Many players will agree with me on this. You guys responded in a timely manner. However, in the last 2 weeks or so, there hv been a growing number of people complaining about not getting a timely reply from support. I dont know what happened. I suspect tht you guys were swamped with tickets from KA. More manpower maybe?

Tate
05-02-2012, 07:36 AM
I sent a ticket to get rid of my grunts, 29 of them, and it was taken care of within 24 hours! Only now I have to add a bunch form the forums to get back where I was, But I have to say, the response was terrific!

Crime City Mark
05-02-2012, 09:56 AM
Thanks Mark fr your answer.
Like i said before, support hv been great so far. Many players will agree with me on this. You guys responded in a timely manner. However, in the last 2 weeks or so, there hv been a growing number of people complaining about not getting a timely reply from support. I dont know what happened. I suspect tht you guys were swamped with tickets from KA. More manpower maybe?

Working on that. I don't like to hire more than a couple at a time so I can give them the attention they deserve.

Arizona
05-03-2012, 07:37 AM
I sent a ticket to get rid of my grunts, 29 of them, and it was taken care of within 24 hours! Only now I have to add a bunch form the forums to get back where I was, But I have to say, the response was terrific!
Interesting. My request was also for the removal of 29 grunts, but that was on Monday and I still have them. Overall though, I've been very happy with support and response times in general.

War Priest
05-03-2012, 10:49 AM
Interesting. My request was also for the removal of 29 grunts, but that was on Monday and I still have them. Overall though, I've been very happy with support and response times in general.

Grunts are awesome! Why does nobody else see that. I have 79 of them... :rolleyes:

Luke7676
05-03-2012, 10:52 AM
Grunts are awesome! Why does nobody else see that. I have 79 of them... :rolleyes:

Bahhhh.. You and your grunts >.< I'm up to 26 now I believe. But I can see your reason for likeing them.. Still wish there was a option to remove if you wanted though..

War Priest
05-03-2012, 10:56 AM
Bahhhh.. You and your grunts >.< I'm up to 26 now I believe. But I can see your reason for likeing them.. Still wish there was a option to remove if you wanted though..

Right now I have 72 grunts and 63 forum members. No strangers! Wish I could keep it like that when I reach 500 allies but don't want to waste gold on grunts.

CAPT.GIN
05-03-2012, 09:21 PM
How can I join the team? Man that would be the $h!+....

War Priest
05-04-2012, 05:52 AM
How can I join the team? Man that would be the $h!+....

What team..?

Arizona
05-04-2012, 06:39 PM

WP, maybe I'm missing something here, but what's so great about grunts? My gripe is that I like to keep an exact ally number, but whether completing a map or opening a box, there's going to be a time a grunt turns up and wants to be my BFF. Then I have to go and delete a human ally. I'd like to have the choice, not have to react to something I didn't ask for.

Khimsoo
05-04-2012, 08:03 PM
Which timezone is the support team in?

War Priest
05-04-2012, 08:33 PM
WP, maybe I'm missing something here, but what's so great about grunts? My gripe is that I like to keep an exact ally number, but whether completing a map or opening a box, there's going to be a time a grunt turns up and wants to be my BFF. Then I have to go and delete a human ally. I'd like to have the choice, not have to react to something I didn't ask for.

When you need to have max allies, 500, you know how much of a hassle it will be just to go find one single friend. If I could, I would want to have 400 grunts, 100 humans. (Try to keep them forum memebers. A few strangers that can be replaced with a future forum member.)

darylb
05-05-2012, 03:45 AM
im still waiting to have capital city fixed, invisible targets are not fun

Hello Kitty
05-06-2012, 05:57 PM
CCMark and LFizzle,

Wanted to give a shout out to CJ in support. Not sure if you do customer sat surveys, but I'd give CJ a 10 out of 10 (10 being the highest). He (or she?) was polite, professional, responsive and extremely informative with the answer. Appreciate all the help that was provided on the two cases I submitted. Nice job.

Best regards,
HK

War Priest
05-06-2012, 05:58 PM
Hey Kitty, CJ has his own forum account you know... :p

Hello Kitty
05-06-2012, 06:01 PM
Hey Kitty, CJ has his own forum account you know... :pI didn't know. I barely spend any time out of the "Where Are You???" thread :) I'll go look for it.

War Priest
05-06-2012, 06:02 PM
I didn't know. I barely spend any time out of the "Where Are You???" thread :) I'll go look for it.

CJ54 I do believe is the one and only.

bigflan
05-06-2012, 06:03 PM
I didn't know. I barely spend any time out of the "Where Are You???" thread :) I'll go look for it.

You know just check forum leaders

Hello Kitty
05-06-2012, 06:09 PM
You know just check forum leadersThanks Flan! Found him/her?

magepker
05-08-2012, 01:28 PM
mark i pmed you about my issue since emailing doesnt seem to work, hopefully you can help. thanks.

War Priest
05-08-2012, 01:31 PM
Support has been very slow lately. I would say about a week before getting a reply.

Jp lfs
05-08-2012, 01:48 PM
Support has been very slow lately. I would say about a week before getting a reply.

Not only slow, but uncharacteristically unhelpful. I just got my first "Go f*** yourself" response ever. (I'm summarizing, not quoting.)

War Priest
05-08-2012, 01:53 PM
Yep. Support used to be great but now it is turning to crap...

Populouspapa
05-08-2012, 03:21 PM
Yepp going fast downhill, guess its a good time to cut down..

jobadass
05-08-2012, 03:57 PM
Yep. Support used to be great but now it is turning to crap...
Always makes me shake my head that someone (or group of someones) would invest so much money just to ruin something.

magepker
05-09-2012, 01:56 PM
5 days later no responses.... smh...

halfninja2
05-11-2012, 03:16 PM
How do I open a ticket or otherwise report a problem? Just applied an update from the app store and now my modern war will not work. Says invalid data and delete and reinstall but still does not work. Help?

bobbyc1106
05-11-2012, 05:27 PM
Modern War did the same thing to me. I uploaded the update and next thing I know I cannot get back on. I got the same message as halfninja2 and it even told me to uninstall then reinstall the app. I did that and nothing changed, I still cannot get on.

stricker
05-11-2012, 08:08 PM
support is great about responding quickly... they just don't like ya'll anymore... i send them cookies!!! LOL

Aidan
05-11-2012, 11:48 PM
@hskfninja & bobby

Send an email to support@funzio.com

mickymacirl
05-14-2012, 10:16 AM
Answered my two tickets within a few days.

Pleasant and seemed to know the new pvp reward issue pretty well, and sorted forum-align-name change without any issue.

stricker
05-14-2012, 10:23 AM
Answered my two tickets within a few days.

Pleasant and seemed to know the new pvp reward issue pretty well, and sorted forum-align-name change without any issue.
LOL... you're sending them cookies too, aren't you micky!!!! =P

mickymacirl
05-14-2012, 10:27 AM
LOL... you're sending them cookies too, aren't you micky!!!! =P

I'd say about 20% of Funzio staff would like the cookies I'd be sending to them!

stricker
05-14-2012, 10:31 AM
I'd say about 20% of Funzio staff would like the cookies I'd be sending to them!LOL.... win some - lose some =p

War Priest
05-14-2012, 11:10 AM
Support is getting better again. Sent in a ticket yesterday evening about an accidental country change and had to change it back. Didn't ask for a refund just for them to put a verify page up and CJ responded at almost 10 PST saying he refunded the gold.

stricker
05-14-2012, 11:30 AM
Support is getting better again. Sent in a ticket yesterday evening about an accidental country change and had to change it back. Didn't ask for a refund just for them to put a verify page up and CJ responded at almost 10 PST saying he refunded the gold.
...you guys started complaining about support about the same time KA rolled out on iOS, right?

...soooooo, it's really a matter of understanding & patience huh! ...or did i miss something between guest appearances?

War Priest
05-14-2012, 11:32 AM
...you guys started complaining about support about the same time KA rolled out on iOS, right?

...soooooo, it's really a matter of understanding & patience huh! ...or did i miss something between guest appearances?

You missed something...

War Priest
05-14-2012, 11:32 AM
It wasn't just about support time. It was about lack of communication and support response.

stricker
05-14-2012, 11:41 AM
You missed something...

It wasn't just about support time. It was about lack of communication and support response.

ok... but funzio has never been very communicative w/MW players... never... that's been the stigma of the enigma from the beginning!!! ...so other than slower response time, what's the prob w/status quo?

War Priest
05-14-2012, 11:42 AM
I am talking about communication with each other! Did you even read the posts in this thread?

stricker
05-14-2012, 11:43 AM
I am talking about communication with each other! Did you even read the posts in this thread?
...of course not!!! i'm too far behind, remember!!!

War Priest
05-14-2012, 11:44 AM
...of course not!!! i'm too far behind, remember!!!

Well they lack communication with eachother. Some will refund accidental gold purchases and others won't. Some will transfer gold from KA to MW and others won't. They need to be on the same page.

stricker
05-14-2012, 11:50 AM
Well they lack communication with eachother. Some will refund accidental gold purchases and others won't. Some will transfer gold from KA to MW and others won't. They need to be on the same page.
ok... thanks for that clarification... yes, left hand/right hand thing... got it... but the post i "did" read were more about lag time, etc.

btw... i don't have the prob w/accidental gold purchases! lol

War Priest
05-14-2012, 12:16 PM
ok... thanks for that clarification... yes, left hand/right hand thing... got it... but the post i "did" read were more about lag time, etc.

btw... i don't have the prob w/accidental gold purchases! lol

You have what? 4 gold? Haha

stricker
05-14-2012, 12:21 PM
You have what? 4 gold? Haha
...lol
exactly, hence... no prob here!!!! =p

War Priest
05-14-2012, 12:25 PM
...lol
exactly, hence... no prob here!!!! =p

But you see, I have the Spider Cannon. You don't...so that is your prob.

stricker
05-14-2012, 12:28 PM
But you see, I have the Spider Cannon. You don't...so that is your prob.
no it's not... i don't suffer from narcissism... just AADD!!! haha

anyways, you're a on my allies list and even if you weren't.... you're slow a molasses in January!!! You'd never catch me!!! lol