PDA

View Full Version : Not using strongest weapon

twchung22
04-25-2012, 01:20 PM
Hi all,

I bought a Staff of Thunder and has been using it for a while and suddenly, it changed to Axe of Beast Slaying...I think it changed because I bought a Druid and I brought it into battle...

Any body else experience this?

Thanks in advance.

Ghost818
04-25-2012, 03:21 PM
Hi all,

I bought a Staff of Thunder and has been using it for a while and suddenly, it changed to Axe of Beast Slaying...I think it changed because I bought a Druid and I brought it into battle...

Any body else experience this?

Thanks in advance.

Your units have nothing to do with what you yield as best weapon/armor. All that happened was the Axe of Beast Slaying was better than your Staff of Thunder so it was replaced, thus your damage is higher now VS monsters.

twchung22
04-26-2012, 07:07 AM
Staff of Thunder is 3/4 and axe of Beast Slaying is 3/2, and now my character is using Staff of Flame 3/2...what gives? I was using Staff of Thunder for a while...

twchung22
04-26-2012, 02:21 PM
It happened again...I bought Tome of Winter 5/5 for 2000 Gold and it's now been replaced with Lantern of Souls 5/3, a loot I got from Killing the Ogre in a so call "rare" mission in The Cursed Graveyard.

StuN
04-27-2012, 12:38 AM
I think it's a bug. For some reason the game displays loot items as being better than bought. For instance: I have obsidian plate & tome of winter but the game says my best armour is Darkling & best weapon axe of beast slaying. Which is clearly not the case

Ghost818
04-27-2012, 12:50 AM
This never happened in my case :/, report it to Support I guess I have no logical answer on this issue. Wish I could help though sorry guys.

frenda
04-27-2012, 10:04 AM
Me too. I checked my weapons and I have several that are better than the one my hero is using. Will put in a ticket for it.

ABlueTree
04-27-2012, 12:24 PM
not every class can use every weapon and armor, my best weapon has 9 attack, but my char (rogue) can't use it so im using wraithblades at 5 attack, your units will use it in pvp though. At least, thats how i think its working.

Ghost818
04-27-2012, 12:41 PM
not every class can use every weapon and armor, my best weapon has 9 attack, but my char (rogue) can't use it so im using wraithblades at 5 attack, your units will use it in pvp though. At least, thats how i think its working.

You are right, you use all your weapons regardless of class during PVP

Crime City Mark
04-27-2012, 12:54 PM
Technically all of those items are equally good on the attack, and when you check your equipped gear it's based on attack. If you get attacked, you'll defend with your best defense gear.

Ghost818
04-27-2012, 01:04 PM
Technically all of those items are equally good on the attack, and when you check your equipped gear it's based on attack. If you get attacked, you'll defend with your best defense gear.

Mark is on the spot. One question though since you are here CCM, does the defense of the Best Weapon/Armor decrease the damage the monsters do back? or is it insignificant to PvE.

frenda
04-27-2012, 02:05 PM
I guess that would explain it. I didn't specifically look at that aspect when comparing weapons. But it sucks since I have a weapon with 13 ATK but I'm using something with 10 ATK, so it's costing me more energy to do PvE.

Crime City Mark
04-27-2012, 02:27 PM
If you have a 13 attack weapon and you're using a 10 attack weapon it's likely because the 13 attack weapon is for a different class.

Ghost818
04-27-2012, 02:43 PM
If you have a 13 attack weapon and you're using a 10 attack weapon it's likely because the 13 attack weapon is for a different class.

CCM, could you please give me some insight on if the Best Weapon/Armor's defense reduces damage received (energy taken away) or if it is insignificant to PvE

Crime City Mark
04-27-2012, 03:15 PM
It matters for PVE, but it doesn't reduce damage. It increases your chance to negate damage.

Ghost818
04-27-2012, 03:29 PM
It matters for PVE, but it doesn't reduce damage. It increases your chance to negate damage.

Oh I totally forgot about the dodge rate, thanks for the insight.

twchung22
04-27-2012, 08:20 PM
but what about when monsters attack back, if we have less armor, that means we'll have less of a chance of getting "missed"

frenda
04-27-2012, 08:43 PM
I agree. And the weapon and armor I'm using has a lower atk / def than the items I can buy for my hero when it unlocks in a few levels, if it's the same. I can't tell because the name doesn't show until it unlocks, which is annoying too.

twchung22
04-27-2012, 09:18 PM

It's just upsetting that i saved up to buy that 5/5 Tomb of Winter and now I am using Nature's Anger 5/3 (instead of my previous Lantern of soul, which was still 5/3)...

If that 2 extra defense points can increase the chances of dodging monster attacks...I want my 2 def back please...

twchung22
04-30-2012, 08:23 PM
It happened again...this time...it replaced my looted item with a weaker looted item. From Necromancer Robe 5/9 to Voidstrider Robe 4/9

Faith_AndHope
05-03-2012, 06:59 AM
I came here by doing a Google search on this very problem.

My character is in the "Rouge" class. I am at level 13 and my profile stats show my best weapon is "The Spider's Fang" which is 4/2.

But in my Equipment tab, it shows I have "The Lantern of Souls" which is 5/3, and also the "Corrupting Blade" which is 5/3 as well.

Both "The Lantern of Souls" and the "Corrupting Blade" are better weapons and yet my Stats Tab has me using "The Spider's Fang" as my "Best Weapon" and it is only 4/2.

So is there no way we as players, can choose our own weapon to override this seemingly arbitrary, automatic weapon assignment?

Edit Added: Also, checking my armor, I have the "Necromancer Robe" which is 5/9, yet the Stats Tab is showing my Best Armor as the "Boneshard Armor" which is 3/9. Granted, they have the same Def. power, but obviously not the same Atk power. When it assigns me the Boneshard Armor as my "Best Armor" it takes away 2 attack power points from me.

twchung22
05-03-2012, 07:08 AM
I hope they are looking at this problem...can attack points obviously matters in PvE and so does defense point for dodging monster attacks...

Faith_AndHope
05-03-2012, 07:16 AM
Even worse (see my post above for more info) I was just in PvP battles and was using the "Hunter's Bow" which is only 4/2. That's the same power as The Spider's Fang, which it says is my Best Weapon, but still, it's not even consistent. It says. The Spider's Fang is my best weapon 4/2, but has me randomly using the Hunter's Bow too. (also 4/2) Both weapons inferior to those I also own and apparently cannot use.

agrajag
05-03-2012, 08:31 AM
Specifically, does the defense value of a weapon matter or does the attack value of armor matter?

If it does, why doesn't the game take that into account when choosing your best weapon/armor?

If not, why is the Satchel of Summoning (6a/12d) more expensive than Wand of the Woodland (9a/5d)?
That would imply the game does take into account the defense value of a weapon. Or it's just to scam us out of gold.

-ag

Ghost818
05-03-2012, 08:48 AM
I came here by doing a Google search on this very problem.

My character is in the "Rouge" class. I am at level 13 and my profile stats show my best weapon is "The Spider's Fang" which is 4/2.

But in my Equipment tab, it shows I have "The Lantern of Souls" which is 5/3, and also the "Corrupting Blade" which is 5/3 as well.

Both "The Lantern of Souls" and the "Corrupting Blade" are better weapons and yet my Stats Tab has me using "The Spider's Fang" as my "Best Weapon" and it is only 4/2.

So is there no way we as players, can choose our own weapon to override this seemingly arbitrary, automatic weapon assignment?

Edit Added: Also, checking my armor, I have the "Necromancer Robe" which is 5/9, yet the Stats Tab is showing my Best Armor as the "Boneshard Armor" which is 3/9. Granted, they have the same Def. power, but obviously not the same Atk power. When it assigns me the Boneshard Armor as my "Best Armor" it takes away 2 attack power points from me.

Necromancer Robes are for Mages only.

Faith_AndHope
05-03-2012, 09:07 AM
Necromancer Robes are for Mages only.

Is there a reference list somewhere that tells which weapons/armor are for which classes?

Are all units for all classes, or are those also limited to certain classes?

And you only mentioned the robe. So does that indicate the weapons I spoke of should be usable by my "rogue" character.

Thank you for all of your help. I've read your Guides prior to posting here. They are very helpful. I didn't find this info though.

FisK
05-03-2012, 10:40 AM
Is there a reference list somewhere that tells which weapons/armor are for which classes?

Are all units for all classes, or are those also limited to certain classes?

And you only mentioned the robe. So does that indicate the weapons I spoke of should be usable by my "rogue" character.

Thank you for all of your help. I've read your Guides prior to posting here. They are very helpful. I didn't find this info though.

Yes our Kingsdom Age (iSO) datasheet (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aj9pi1nr5A99dFF0UWZKZWxzSGVyZkh5ekhnUnh0e lE&pli=1#gid=21) show which class can use which equipment

Faith_AndHope
05-03-2012, 12:21 PM
Yes our Kingsdom Age (iSO) datasheet (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aj9pi1nr5A99dFF0UWZKZWxzSGVyZkh5ekhnUnh0e lE&pli=1#gid=21) show which class can use which equipment

Thank you.

Futon
05-04-2012, 04:35 PM
Seems this problem could be fixed by putting weapons class specific tabs. That way you'd know oh i can't use this weapon because its for a rogue or wizard , not a warrior!

Futon
05-06-2012, 08:23 PM

I am using a Sword of Great Wealth which is 20/9 and i just got Protector's Courage which is 20/11 but i'm still using the 20/9 even though the data sheet says i can use the new one. I'm a warrior.

Frinz
05-07-2012, 01:50 AM
im a newbie in this game, but i just noticed that some folks misunderstood "the best weapon / armor " in use.

example (Im a Warrior Class)

I don't expect "Tome of Winter 5/5 " will replace my current best weapon ("Axe of Beast Slaying" 3/2),

why?

because "Tome of Winter is for "Army Equipment" not for Hero's. Then
I loot Nature's anger, and it didnt replace too, because its for Mages only, am i right? but this weapon will be used by my "magic army/ally such as the Druid or the elementals.

Ghost818
05-07-2012, 01:59 AM
im a newbie in this game, but i just noticed that some folks misunderstood "the best weapon / armor " in use.

example (Im a Warrior Class)

I don't expect "Tome of Winter 5/5 " will replace my current best weapon ("Axe of Beast Slaying" 3/2),

why?

because "Tome of Winter is for "Army Equipment" not for Hero's. Then
I loot Nature's anger, and it didnt replace too, because its for Mages only, am i right? but this weapon will be used by my "magic heroes such as the Druid or the elementals.

Now that is something you have misunderstood :P all equipment is usable by all units. No classes between units.

Frinz
05-07-2012, 03:30 AM
Ooops!

I do understand all equipments can be used by any "units" except by Heroes. Hero weapons and armor are by class.

And by the topic i just reply what i know/inderstand is right. ;P

The_Red
05-07-2012, 05:54 AM
Now that is something you have misunderstood :P all equipment is usable by all units. No classes between units.

Are you sure about that? Ive seen some weird stuff where one is full on armor and weapons but things change when they buy mage vs warrior armor.

Also on this note, I've actually seen stats go down (both attack and defense) when one purchases lower level weapons, which makes me think they may actually align somewhat with the unit types - still don't get why stats would ever go down with unit/armor/weapon purchases.

Njwmrb
05-07-2012, 06:08 AM
Am I off your news feed yet Red? I think you have cost me enough sir

The_Red
05-07-2012, 06:33 AM
Am I off your new feed yet Red? I think you have cost me enough sir

nope. still on the feed. probably have 2-3 days more left. :)

Ghost818
05-07-2012, 07:14 AM
nope. still on the feed. probably have 2-3 days more left. :)

I will have a definite answer by later today.

The_Red
05-07-2012, 07:50 AM
I will have a definite answer by later today.

..........huh?

Njwmrb
05-07-2012, 07:59 AM
Hey Red you wanna accept that request so I can stop worrying about you?

The_Red
05-07-2012, 08:01 AM
Hey Red you wanna accept that request so I can stop worrying about you?

You should worry about me :P - with 18k gold - you're becoming quite the target again.

Njwmrb
05-07-2012, 08:16 AM
Grrr... its spent

The_Red
05-07-2012, 08:21 AM
Grrr... its spent

at least I was nice - you were attackable for hours. ;)