PDA

View Full Version : Lockbox Events Theory Discussion

Soopajake
04-25-2012, 10:43 AM
Hi guys, I was wondering if we can put our experiences and heads together to figure out a winning "strategy" to these lockbox events. I know there has been scattered discussions before with Xclusive, Swifty, Nicholost and other elite players.

From a programming perspective, how does these events work? Is it a program that runs in the background of our CC or is it one from server side? Is each ATM an individual data packet or just a "bean" in the machine - to be randomized by the program?

The reason for these questions is that I was thinking about Xclusive's theory: that Boxes that come from higher boss farms or higher level players yield higher quality "payloads," say, verses a Box that you would get from a lower level PvP loot (respect points, low level worthless loot, $25,000 etc)

Also, there is the other theory regarding lower numbers of boxes like Nicholost said: lower numbers of boxes in your possession could increase the ratio of successful opens? Would hoarding ATMS/boxes hurt opening chances because each new aquisition resets a chance of a successful open? If thats the case, then we should hoard like crazy in the first few days then lay low and open only what we have?

Thanks for the discussion friends! And thank you funzio for these fun events.

Ohaithere
04-25-2012, 11:14 AM
I don't think it makes a difference where you get the box from, your are just more likely to get boxes from harder jobs. Te best strategy IMO is to open ne box every hour with the medium option if you don't want to spend gold, or the gold option after you have the first 7

Maniaxe
04-25-2012, 11:25 AM
I have come to the scientific and mathematical conclusion that to win these events you need a lot of the following: Rabbits feet, chicken blood, four leaf clovers, good karma, a voodoo boar, blessings from the Pope, and absurd amount of real money.

BeniBugatti
04-25-2012, 11:26 AM
If one feels like the random number generator is treating them poorly, simply go to the customize profile and hit random over and over. As a programmer I am dubious as to the validity of doing this, but it may make you feel better :D

Yahkin
04-25-2012, 11:29 AM
I agree with ngheseeghm's assessment of the various theories on increasing odds of event opens.

kimberleyj
04-25-2012, 12:03 PM
I don't think it makes a difference where you get the box from, your are just more likely to get boxes from harder jobs. Te best strategy IMO is to open ne box every hour with the medium option if you don't want to spend gold, or the gold option after you have the first 7

i agree with you. , the first 4 events i used to go on the higher maps so i can do the goals and i didn't get any 10th item without gold. this time most my boxes came from attacking and the smaller maps and i got the 10 th without gold. i heard on here that the is a 30 per cent chance of getting the final weapon, i reckon that means only 30 per cent of people will get it without using gold.

i need muney
04-25-2012, 12:23 PM
I have come to the scientific and mathematical conclusion that to win these events you need a lot of the following: Rabbits feet, chicken blood, four leaf clovers, good karma, a voodoo boar, blessings from the Pope, and absurd amount of real money.
Yeah! Chicken blood!