PDA

View Full Version : Defensive explosives

Aha
04-25-2012, 09:45 AM
I'm thinking of investing. What are the pro's and con's?

Swifty
04-25-2012, 09:53 AM
When you start swimming with the big sharks, it can get expensive replacing them every day.

Maniaxe
04-25-2012, 09:57 AM
Pros: They boost your defense.

Cons: They are halved when defending so your Land Mine 0/25 for $150K is really a 0/12.5.
You can choose who you attack you can not choose who attacks you. If someone with higher stats starts beating you down you not only will loose you will loose expensive explosives.

I bought a bunch at one point and now they are pretty much all gone. I am not buying more. I get more use out of attack explosives.

nvbealone
04-25-2012, 09:58 AM
it is bait for sharks

BOS
04-25-2012, 09:59 AM
IMO, collect on time and don't worry about your win/loss stats... Instead, invest in gatling turrets and missle turrets when you can.

erik
04-25-2012, 09:59 AM
If you are thinking of maintaining them past 142, dont... unless you have some crazy gold weapon boosted stats or an insane economy.

My hourly$ is pretty good, and I am just playing with the smoke bombs and occaisional stun grenade with LM or 1hrs money. Not ready to commit to them yet even at where im at.

Offensive explosives might suit an individual better where they have more control of their demise.

Unless it will push you over the top to dominate Swifty... then by all means go for it!

Aha
04-25-2012, 10:00 AM
When will start getting bitten by the sharks? I'm just dipping my toe in at the shallow end at the moment.

Vile Lynn
04-25-2012, 10:00 AM
Pros: They boost your defense.
Yeah, Maniaxe... That reminds me... Use them to boost your defense for goals, then keep or not.

BOS
04-25-2012, 10:03 AM
When will start getting bitten by the sharks? I'm just dipping my toe in at the shallow end at the moment.

At level 142 you are swimming...

erik
04-25-2012, 10:04 AM
@Vile Lynn... I totally did that to cheat on goals haha.

Maniaxe
04-25-2012, 10:11 AM
Yeah, Maniaxe... That reminds me... Use them to boost your defense for goals, then keep or not.
I am glad I could remind you so you could remind me, thanks for the reminder I knew I forgot to remember something. :p

Vile Lynn
04-25-2012, 10:22 AM
@Vile Lynn... I totally did that to cheat on goals haha.
lol@cheating! I did, too. :D But, it is called: taking advantage of a good deal, heh!

I am glad I could remind you so you could remind me, thanks for the reminder I knew I forgot to remember something. You're welcome! :D

But really, that's about all they are good for, IMHO :)

Yahkin
04-25-2012, 10:38 AM
Cons: They are halved when defending so your Land Mine 0/25 for $150K is really a 0/12.5.

Speculation or documented? What you are suggesting is that they are simply lying about the stats that they put on the explosives.

FatDaz
04-25-2012, 10:53 AM
I'd recommend investing in smoke and stun, you'll get a small boost in def stats but I wouldnt
buy any landmines at 150k apiece, believe me they will be blown to pieces.

Aha
04-25-2012, 11:07 AM
Hmmm I was thinking of getting 500 stun grenades. How long will these last until Swifty has blown them all up?

Maniaxe
04-25-2012, 11:18 AM
Speculation or documented? What you are suggesting is that they are simply lying about the stats that they put on the explosives.
During robberies equipment is halved I did not say that and I should have, I can not find the discussion thread about that but will edit when I do unless someone else has a link. I am not sure the exact percentage but I believe they are slightly lower for attacks but not halved. If you imputed into any of the current spreadsheets you would notice this. I am not saying they are lying about stats, I am saying there are mathematical factors that cause the stats to differ from what is shown.

Yahkin
04-25-2012, 11:28 AM
During robberies equipment is halved I did not say that and I should have, I can not find the discussion thread about that but will edit when I do unless someone else has a link. I am not sure the exact percentage but I believe they are slightly lower for attacks but not halved. If you imputed into any of the current spreadsheets you would notice this. I am not saying they are lying about stats, I am saying there are mathematical factors that cause the stats to differ from what is shown.

Ah, ok...robberies makes sense. How accurate have you found the various spreadsheets to be? Since they don't release official numbers, these have to be trial and error based, don't they?

Hank
04-25-2012, 11:36 AM
Defensive explosives are best for players that already have very good defensive numbers compared to their rivals and high income buildings to protect

Plux
04-25-2012, 02:03 PM
You have to be prepared to lose those defensive explosives, however as they are part of your Mafia equipment I'd have to look into the effects. Maniaxe, are you looking at the spreadsheets and the PvP theory. Interesting that Landmines are halved. Would the gold permanent explosives also be halved and this would also effect defensive stats for items in general if attacked, in effect halving your defensive strength. I'll need to look into that. I'm sceptical though but good post. Get's us thinking.