PDA

View Full Version : Why *NOT* to Delete LMs in HLs

Dreno33
04-25-2012, 08:52 AM
Why shouldn't High Level Players delete their Level 10 Laundrymats?

1) This extra $826 will save you another bank pull for money

~.8k may not seem like much but sometimes we make mistakes on guessing how much we need to pull out of the bank for an upgrade/build. A laundrymat would only be about a minute or two away by the time you get to this crossroad. and every time this happens you save that 10% on a couple hundred which quickly adds up overtime!

2) You could also consider this extra $826 bucks as paying off your Decoration debts

~(especially trees and PhoenixST's football field!)

3) And the last and obviously reason would be that every penny counts!

~Bank it when you bank the rest and if you check ONLY FOUR times a day. That is $3,304 a day, $23,128 a week, and that's $92,512 a month! Didn't think about that did you?
~Forgot to add the 10% bank fee. That would equal out to $83,216.

I created this little thread b/c I've read many posts from several HLP that they hated the little Laundrymats and don't regret selling them. Maybe this will change some of your minds and rethink of the tiny LMs as a wise investment!(:

P.S. I just reached my 1,000th post last night (this being my 1,001 post) and for my 1,000th post I created a long thread for those of you who are interested.
Maybe you will enjoy it: Click Here (http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?26059-Dreno33-My-Everything...)

kimberleyj
04-25-2012, 08:57 AM
i would never remove my lm infact i have just started leveling up my second from level 7 to 8. i think i will keep my sports bar aswell.

Dreno33
04-25-2012, 09:08 AM
What level are you Kimberleyj?

Swifty
04-25-2012, 09:13 AM
@Draino

Thanks for the pep talk on laundromats. You have convinced me to keep mine.

Vile Lynn
04-25-2012, 09:15 AM
I'll keep mine forever... satisfies my need to tap my iPhone every 5mins.

kaz
04-25-2012, 09:16 AM
I'll keep mine forever... satisfies my need to tap my iPhone every 5mins.
Same here! :D

Aha
04-25-2012, 09:18 AM
Got rid of mine ages ago. My mobsters are walking about in filthy rags but I've got no regrets.

Fig Oni
04-25-2012, 09:23 AM
I hate the laundros I deleted both mines 15 levels ago & I got my friend to delete his lvl 9+8 laundro and he's been grateful for the advice.

Don't hate the playa, hate the game.

richard118
04-25-2012, 09:27 AM
The only reason to keep LM is charity for others to rob for respect!!!
Its not the money you make, but the additional wasted space that more valuable buildings could use.
For me it came down to rock cafes vs LM vs expanding hood. No brainer, rock cafes!

Swifty
04-25-2012, 09:27 AM
Never underestimate the power of hate.

white frog
04-25-2012, 09:28 AM
Here's the "plain and simple" on LMs... I'm not even high level (41). My LMs are both at lvl. 10, and currently only 0.42% of my entire income. Seems pretty crappy, right?? Wrong!! One of the biggest factors of high level economy that people look over when deciding whether or not to sell a building is the real estate value of that building. I have gone over this many times before, but specifically for LMs:

At 12 collections per day, LMs = $281/hr/square

Now consider this:

Movie Theatres Lvl. 9 = $222
Dominican Lvl. 7 = $241
Fancy Restaurant Lvl. 9 = $234
Beachside Lvl. 10 = $279

It's not really until you get to Brownstone and above that real estate becomes more valuable than LMs!

Johhny Be Bad
04-25-2012, 09:28 AM
I think a lot of people let the big bucks get to their head.

I'll never get rid of mine because I like to remember my roots and the fact that it all began with $5 every 5 mins. Brings a tear to my eye.

richard118
04-25-2012, 09:30 AM
Johnny u musta kept them basketball courts tooo...they lowest $/square/hr output in the whole gwme!

nvbealone
04-25-2012, 09:31 AM
i have 2x of all buildings to date. none deleted and will nv be. im only left with 10 types of buildings and i still have so much space in my hood. :o

Johhny Be Bad
04-25-2012, 09:37 AM
Johnny u musta kept them basketball courts tooo...they lowest $/square/hr output in the whole gwme!I would have if I bought one but I went for the Ice Cream Shop instead. You'll be pleased to know I still have that though and it's a level 10 ;)

Sasha54
04-25-2012, 09:40 AM
I don't plan on deleting my LM but there are other buildings that I will probably never level up higher than they are now and so will eventually delete them - Souvenir, Pizza - stuff like that.

Yesterday I did delete my Collection Agency to make some space - it was level 1 and I didn't plan to go higher with it.

LM doesn't take much space so why not keep it?

kimberleyj
04-25-2012, 09:44 AM
What level are you Kimberleyj?

sorry i have only just saw your post , i am level 174 but should be 175 soon.

blondealex
04-25-2012, 09:56 AM
I still have mine at level 169 and don't have a reason to sell them right now.

I will give one downside to them though. I have had little battles with people that buy explosives, in these I even hit their LM's to knock out def explosives. Kinda sucks to lose a landmine trying to defend a LM.

mnju_03
04-25-2012, 09:57 AM
Awesome read, thank you for that advice. I'm going to go delete all 4 of my LMs in both of my accounts.

Gaming Will
04-25-2012, 09:57 AM
Thanks Dreno. I was trying to up my $/hr when my lm's were at level 5. I then realized how quick and cheap it was to upgrade them. Then while upgrading one of them from 9 to 10, had enough for upscale club. Wise decision for me at least. Also, when I check my hood it satisfies my need for a collection!

erik
04-25-2012, 10:03 AM
Here is why you should delete them EVENTUALLY.

1. Way down the road when you are trying to maintain decent D explosives, they will most certainly cost you more money than you will ever collect from them.

2. They are part of the formula (lootable building) that causes you to show up on the rival list.

That being said, I will never delete them out of nostalgia. But I will have a friend loot them, and put them in a corner that one never speaks of.

Gaming Will
04-25-2012, 10:05 AM
Here is why you should delete them EVENTUALLY.

1. Way down the road when you are trying to maintain decent D explosives, they will most certainly cost you more money than you will ever collect from them.

2. They are part of the formula (lootable building) that causes you to show up on the rival list.

That being said, I will never delete them out of nostalgia. But I will have a friend loot them, and put them in a corner that one never speaks of.

Interesting point there Erik.

Swifty
04-25-2012, 10:11 AM
@erik

Interesting point on the lootable building/rivals list connection.

I am going to have to think about that.

nopenopenope
04-25-2012, 10:21 AM
Always remember that TIME is the biggest commodity in the game. For those of us with lvl 10's, we've invested 170.12 hrs x2. That's significant time invested, but do what you want.

Vile Lynn
04-25-2012, 10:29 AM
They are part of the formula (lootable building) that causes you to show up on the rival list.
THAT is the best argument for deleting them that I've read so far. Great point, Erik!

ryusho
04-25-2012, 10:34 AM

Any basis for the statement? From past experience, I have found players with no buildings and no cash on the rivals list.

murf
04-25-2012, 10:41 AM
Any basis for the statement? From past experience, I have found players with no buildings and no cash on the rivals list.

But you could fight them, no....I've always assumed that after you were "beat up", you disappeared from the list, but if the laundromats put me back on the rivals list, that might change my opinion of them.

erik
04-25-2012, 10:45 AM
CCM mark mentioned certain components in the secret formula which included cash on hand, lootable buildings and time.

Probably adds to the frustration you camping no-bankers cause ;)

FatDaz
04-25-2012, 11:00 AM
I don't have any LM's and I really enjoy hitting a hotel to discover it's a LM hidden behind it

Ram
04-25-2012, 01:23 PM
I have free banking!

Max Power
04-25-2012, 01:35 PM
Dont miss mine at all, or the fact that when your rarely get a builting collection notofocation to pop up on your phone, it's a LM instead of a nightclub.

92k a month? Oh boy!

Plux
04-25-2012, 01:50 PM
I Enjoy my Laundromattes, they will stay and are worth $826 x 12 x 24 per day at Level 10. That's good for the Income per hour stat and although impossible to collect it all, keeps your collecting finger well exercised.

DCjG
04-25-2012, 03:33 PM
Number one reason to keep em has gotta be...

So your buddy can register a hit in your log so that you can collect all of their syncing buildings.

Don't want Griefers hitting them or bringing you up on the rival list whilst away on vacation?

Easy. Just have a friend rob them and let them sit there robbed for whatever time period you feel necessary.

QPR
04-25-2012, 03:52 PM
Got rid of mine ages ago. My mobsters are walking about in filthy rags but I've got no regrets.

Mr partridge

Hahaha

I've never had those buildings thy don't pay out enuff !

Dreno33
04-25-2012, 11:09 PM
I don't have any LM's and I really enjoy hitting a hotel to discover it's a LM hidden behind it

Just don't get too excited when seeing these that way you can click once, check the bottom, then decide(:

No stamina wasted(:

Mig
04-26-2012, 02:39 AM
lol laundromats are useless unless your income is bad.

Level 110 and I earn $177k/hr so all a laundromat does is waste space in my hood and give people another excuse to rob me.

AppleMacGuy
04-26-2012, 03:17 AM
This thread is nonsense...once your overall income is drowning out the LM income they should be dumped, just like any other worthless end-game building. Period. Any counter-argument is a fallacy. LMs will also just continue to make you a robbery target for RP hunters.

Gaming Will also makes a very good point that, once you acquire def. explosives, LMs will actually cost you a massive amount of cash to retain lol, unless of course you plan on never buying def. explosives.

And, while I'm ranting, players who secrete LMs behind higher value buildings hoping to entrap hapless victims are sad t*ssers...I especially enjoy robbing their high value buildings! :p :p :p We should start calling those losers out...

Hank
04-26-2012, 03:26 AM
This thread is nonsense...

+1

I have no idea why someone would even start this thread. Why would somone be so concerned with the extinction of LMs in the first place???

CounterSniper
04-26-2012, 03:28 AM
This thread is nonsense...once your overall income is drowning out the LM income they should be dumped, just like any other worthless end-game building. Period. Any counter-argument is a fallacy. LMs will also just continue to make you a robbery target for RP hunters.

Gaming Will also makes a very good point that, once you acquire def. explosives, LMs will actually cost you a massive amount of cash to retain lol, unless of course you plan on never buying def. explosives.

And, while I'm ranting, players who secrete LMs behind higher value buildings hoping to entrap hapless victims are sad t*ssers...I especially enjoy robbing their high value buildings! :p :p :p We should start calling those losers out...

Couldnt agree more. LM's are used by some to inflate their p/h income bragging rights but I have always seen them as just like the open port on the Deathstar. Just leaves an opening that should be closed.

AppleMacGuy
04-26-2012, 03:37 AM
Couldnt agree more. LM's are used by some to inflate their p/h income bragging rights but I have always seen them as just like the open port on the Deathstar. Just leaves an opening that should be closed.

Indeed, and on a side note I'm constantly asking myself whether I should delete my Crematoriums x2 and Internet Companies x2! The only reason I don't is because I don't need the real estate for any other higher income buildings...as there aren't any left worth building.

CounterSniper
04-26-2012, 03:43 AM
Indeed, and on a side note I'm constantly asking myself whether I should delete my Crematoriums x2 and Internet Companies x2! The only reason I don't is because I don't need the real estate for any other higher income buildings...as there aren't any left worth building.

I deleted all my buildings except the PT's that arent 12, 24 or 48 hours. Im considering deleting the PT's cuz I dont like being robbed. haha.

And as the great and wise Swifty always say the best defense against robberies is to collect on time. I have simply made it easier and less stressful for me.

Pikachu
04-26-2012, 03:56 AM
I deleted all my buildings except the PT's that arent 12, 24 or 48 hours. Im considering deleting the PT's cuz I dont like being robbed. haha.

And as the great and wise Swifty always say the best defense against robberies is to collect on time. I have simply made it easier and less stressful for me.

My plan for the future. I might keep the Ice Cream Shoppes and Italian Restaurants but everything else that's not 12/24/48 is going.

CounterSniper
04-26-2012, 04:00 AM
My plan for the future. I might keep the Ice Cream Shoppes and Italian Restaurants but everything else that's not 12/24/48 is going.

The ice cream shoppe was the first building i ever sold.

Anyone know how much a lvl 1 PT sells for? Curious, just in case i decide to pull the trigger.

AppleMacGuy
04-26-2012, 04:23 AM
The ice cream shoppe was the first building i ever sold.

Anyone know how much a lvl 1 PT sells for? Curious, just in case i decide to pull the trigger.

Pulled from the spreadsheet, it indicates that it would be $7 million.

CounterSniper
04-26-2012, 04:33 AM
Pulled from the spreadsheet, it indicates that it would be $7 million.

Thank you sir.