PDA

View Full Version : Attack/Defense.. is it that simple?

askljdhaf4
04-25-2012, 05:38 AM
ok, so after doing my fair share of attacking/raiding other players, here are some things i have noted and have been brought to light. also, i was hoping to not only share what i have learned thus far, but hopefully get some insight on what im trying to figure out..

For easy numbers, i will say i have 10 allies, which in turn allows me to bring 30 units in to battle. Also for the following scenarios, lets assume i have enough weapons/armor to outfit all my units, and all my weapons/armor carry a +1/+1 (atk/def) value.

first off, here is what i have noted, and what i suggest you look into if you feel your attack or defense isn't as high as it should be. For this scenario assume i ONLY have 30 units (the max i can bring into battle), and 20 of those units carry a +1/+1 value, while 10 of those units carry a +0/+1 value. If i attack, i would think that all 30 of my units go in to battle, all carrying a weapon and armor piece. This would essentially give 20 of my units a +3 attack power (the units base +1, plus the weapon and armor values of +1), while giving my other 10 units an attack value of only +2 (those 10 units do not have an attack value, but do still carry a +2 attack from the weapon/armor). And my calculated attack power via my units should be at 80 (20*3=60 10*2=20). This is NOT the case.. As 10 of my units carry no base attack power, regardless of their ability to equip weapons and armor, they do NOT go in to battle. So instead of heading in to battle with your full squad, your 10 +0 attack units sit out, leaving you with an added unit attack of only 60. What can be misleading is if you go in to your profile, under the STATS tab, and click the "i" next to your attack/defense scores, even if you show that you have met the minimum requirements in terms of having 3 units per every ally, should some of those units carry a +0 attack (or defense), those units will NOT be used when attacking or defending, respectively. So, make sure you are physically counting your units, and disregarding any that carry +0 in attack (or defense) when trying to calculate if you have met the minimum requirements to outfit 3 units per ally.

Next, i was hoping some of you could answer some things for me. Here is a list of questions i have, hopefully some of you have figured some of these out already...

-Do ALL units count as a single unit? (ie: do infantry/magic ride the machine/beast, effectively counting that as 1 unit in battle?)
-If machine/beast count as their own individual units, do they equip weapons/armor just like infantry/magic units do? (ie: does a catapult carry a sword and suit of armor into battle?)
-What is the difference between Army Equipment and Hero Equipment, besides the apparent difference in price?
-Do Infantry only equip the swords and heavy armor while magic units only equip the staffs and robes. or does it not matter and they all use everything interchangeably?

If anyone has any answers to any of these questions, please respond.. i would love to have a little more understanding into how these aspects of the game work, so i can be a little more informed when purchasing units/weapons/armor.

Hugh Bris
04-25-2012, 06:59 AM
Just wanted to say - "Nice post!"

I, too, am curious about the questions you posted and think you did a good job of explaining it:

-Do ALL units count as a single unit? (ie: do infantry/magic ride the machine/beast, effectively counting that as 1 unit in battle?)
-If machine/beast count as their own individual units, do they equip weapons/armor just like infantry/magic units do? (ie: does a catapult carry a sword and suit of armor into battle?)
-What is the difference between Army Equipment and Hero Equipment, besides the apparent difference in price?
-Do Infantry only equip the swords and heavy armor while magic units only equip the staffs and robes. or does it not matter and they all use everything interchangeably?

The differences of Army and Hero equipment have been explained in detail so please read the guide in other posts. The following is the explaination by Ghost818. You can find this as a sticky at the top of this forum.

Breakdown of Hero Equipment VS Army Equipment:

Hero Equipment: Hero Equipment consists of 2 groups and 4 sub groups. There is the "Best Weapon/Armor" (See Topic Below) and all other weapons and armor not used by your Hero.

Group 1: Best Weapon or Amor is what your Hero(Character) equips while fighting monsters (PVE). This regulates how much your max possible damage is (the attack points of Best Weapon and Best Armor + 1 extra damage per # invested into the Hero Strength skill). Only 1 of each superior weapon or armor is needed to raise your maximum damage, buying more of the same item will have no effect on your current maximum possible damage, it will only equip your units with superior equipment.

Group 2: Is previous used and unused equipment equipped by your hero, when it is replaced by a new weapon or armor that is then passed on to your army to use and your hero uses the better weapon or armor during PVE.

Subgroups: Hero Equipment is categorized by your character class. If you are a Warrior, you will see different weapons and armor that are available for purchase other classes don't see in the Hero Equipment store because it is only equip-able by Warriors. Same goes for the Mage and Rogue classes. All purchased items from the Hero Equipment menu is equip-able by your class. However not all loot found from monsters may be equip-able by your class.

There is also another subgroup that certain weapons or armor can be looted from monsters that is a universal item that all classes can use.

Army Equipment: Army Equipment is only used by your units and cannot be used by your character no matter how much better they are than your hero's current best weapon or armor.

el_gringo
04-25-2012, 07:00 AM
-Do ALL units count as a single unit?

Yes

You carry the best piece of weaponry and the best piece of armor you own for your character type (I believe) into pve (the missions found on the map). All your hero equipment can ALSO be used by your army in pvp battles.

Ghost818
04-25-2012, 08:27 AM
Great job answering his questions guys! @ OP(original poster) read my guide that is stickied at the top of the forum, if you still have questions post it on the guide and we will answer any questions you still have :)

askljdhaf4
04-25-2012, 09:33 AM
wow, thanks a lot guys.. lots of good answers! and i must not have read that hero sticky, but i definitely will get on that! Thanks again =)

Ghost818
04-25-2012, 09:48 AM
wow, thanks a lot guys.. lots of good answers! and i must not have read that hero sticky, but i definitely will get on that! Thanks again =)

its also in my signature.

askljdhaf4
04-25-2012, 10:06 AM
its also in my signature.

saw that =)

frenda
04-25-2012, 10:50 AM
One thing I'm missing and not clear on is the role of beasts and machines. Are they just units? And if so, what effect does armor have on a machine? I know it was asked before, so apologies if I just missed that as well. I'm a little slow today, lol.

Ghost818
04-25-2012, 12:27 PM
One thing I'm missing and not clear on is the role of beasts and machines. Are they just units? And if so, what effect does armor have on a machine? I know it was asked before, so apologies if I just missed that as well. I'm a little slow today, lol.

Its just for pleasure. Just so you can say I have a variety.

NeonBlue
04-29-2012, 04:55 PM
As far as I can tell, yes, Beasts and Machines are units just like their humanoid counterparts. And yes, each beast or machine gets to use one weapon and one armor, as nonsensical as that is.

I think it's more than just for variety, too. The machines have some nice firepower. I leveled up my Siege Workshop and have an army consisting almost entirely of Catapults (14/5) and, soon, Zeppelins (7/17). Let the machines face the battlefield; my humans stay home and drink tea.

ShawnBB
04-29-2012, 05:49 PM
As far as I can tell, yes, Beasts and Machines are units just like their humanoid counterparts. And yes, each beast or machine gets to use one weapon and one armor, as nonsensical as that is.

I think it's more than just for variety, too. The machines have some nice firepower. I leveled up my Siege Workshop and have an army consisting almost entirely of Catapults (14/5) and, soon, Zeppelins (7/17). Let the machines face the battlefield; my humans stay home and drink tea.

lol, make sure dont let your human drink too much of them, some tea might cause allergy to weak dudes!

I assume the 4 class in KA is functioning exactly the same as MW, :),right?
Funzio probably don't want to make the game over complicated to lose a large amount of players...

eternalfire
04-29-2012, 11:52 PM
Actually I'm running a full machine army and its not using all of the available armor that I have... weird....

Ghost818
04-30-2012, 02:13 AM
Actually I'm running a full machine army and its not using all of the available armor that I have... weird....

Can you elaborate? What do you mean by not using all of the available armor that you have?