PDA

View Full Version : Totally confused about defence.

Hassleham
04-25-2012, 03:04 AM
Right, so i'm currently level 49 with 60 allies, 6463 attack and 5095 defence.
I was just trying to figure out the weakest defence unit i take to battle, so that i knew what units to buy to improve my defence. I checked my defence and it was 5104, then i bought ONE military ambulance to see how much it went up by but when i checked it had gone DOWN 5096. I was totally confused, so i bought another one to see what happened and it went DOWN again to 5095!

SOMEONE PLEASE EXPLAIN WHAT IS HAPPENING?!

P.S If you see me on your rivals list, i'd be very grateful if you could attack me and tell me the lowest defence unit i'm taking to battle and how many i'm taking.

Cheers :)

Bronson
04-25-2012, 03:53 AM
The only reasons I can think of why your def score drops is -

1) you were attacking and lost some units before you added the ambulances, as sometimes your stats won't go down with losses until you turn the app off or buy more units.

2) someone might have removed you as an ally so you would have lost out on 4 units.

Hassleham
04-25-2012, 04:11 AM
@Bronson:
I can see how that could explain the first time it dropped but it doesn't explain the second time when it dropped by only 1 point.

mickymacirl
04-25-2012, 05:14 AM
Strangely enough I have seen my ATT score drop considerably without losing any units, well into the 3k mark.

I have reported it to Funzio, was around the time my news feed disappeared.

Hassleham
04-25-2012, 09:22 AM
I'm guessing you didn't hear back from them haha

Warfiend
04-25-2012, 09:30 AM
I read somewhere that units you take into battle are determined by their raw numbers and that your bonus isn't taken into account until after. If that's true, and you have a nation bonus or one of the boost buildings for specific unit types, you could be displacing a unit with a slighly lower raw number but a higher boosted number.

Freekizh
04-25-2012, 09:32 AM
I read somewhere that units you take into battle are determined by their raw numbers and that your bonus isn't taken into account until after. If that's true, and you have a nation bonus or one of the boost buildings for specific unit types, you could be displacing a unit with a slighly lower raw number but a higher boosted number.

I think you are right .. maybe he is Russia with Global hawk with building and country boost, that should give him the 4 point drop he is seeing.

mickymacirl
04-25-2012, 09:47 AM
I'm guessing you didn't hear back from them haha

I haven't yet no, but generally I have found them very good at responding, but I do buy gold so... :P

StuN
04-25-2012, 09:51 AM
I think Wafiend is right, the game only looks at the units raw stats not what boosts are in effect

mickymacirl
04-25-2012, 09:53 AM

Useful information, thanks!

Maverick50727
04-25-2012, 11:34 AM
The only reasons I can think of why your def score drops is -

1) you were attacking and lost some units before you added the ambulances, as sometimes your stats won't go down with losses until you turn the app off or buy more units.

2) someone might have removed you as an ally so you would have lost out on 4 units.
I agree with Bronson here. Probably a lost ally and/or unit. With people attacking all the time it is really hard to tell sometimes. Normally your losses should reflect quickly but I have seen 30min-1hr delays. Best way to test is to check you feed and verify nobody have hit you in the last hour then restart so it connects to the server. Purchase and see what you get.

However, I have seen sometimes when you add units on the attack side that your lowest units can change in strange ways when you have multiple units with the same attack but different def values. I was going to start a thread about this after the event is done to get input from others. I can't confirm how this affects the def side as you can't really see that for sure and I'm US with no nation bonus to throw a wrench in. I can never get anyone to tell me what they see I am using so it is only really a guess on the def side.

If you manually determine your lowest unit Def being taken in, do you have mutiple lowest units with the same Def but diferrent attack values. If this is the case I can see where this might happen sometimes if the units switched. You might be taking units in that are sea but after you add the lowest unit switches an infantry which you don't have a bonus against.

Figure out your lowest unit manually and you can go from there but it is not easy. I dump it all in a spreadsheet and sort.

Freekizh
04-25-2012, 12:00 PM
Maverick - if you read the OP, he buys a unit twice. Bronson's theory may be right for drop after the first purchase, but not for the second in terms of server update.

Warfiend
04-25-2012, 12:13 PM
Useful information, thanks!

Please remember it's conjecture based on what I've read in other threads about boost and unit priority. I haven't tested this myself so It could be wrong.