PDA

View Full Version : Destroying boost building doesn't take effect until you leave and come back?

What?
04-24-2012, 09:32 PM
I found an opponent and he had two lvl 10 boost buildings and I lost 5 fight in a row so I then destroyed his boost buildings and attacked again and lost 4 times in a row. I then left and came back and won 10 times in a row. Do you really have to leave and come back for the destroyed building to take effect? If so that kind of defeats the purpose of destroying the boost building if they are still functioning after they are destroyed.

Jp lfs
04-24-2012, 10:07 PM
Skill point distribution is the x-factor, I think. So it may have been that. I usually go boost first, then infirmary, then major defensive buildings. I also take out the shipyard and advanced airbase. I think if those are toast, the units can't come out to play, but I'm not positive. It sure seemed like it when I was at war with a jerk a few weeks ago.

overkill 280
04-24-2012, 10:46 PM
Skill point distribution is the x-factor, I think. So it may have been that. I usually go boost first, then infirmary, then major defensive buildings. I also take out the shipyard and advanced airbase. I think if those are toast, the units can't come out to play, but I'm not positive. It sure seemed like it when I was at war with a jerk a few weeks ago.Do you not lose as many units taking out those buildings first, as compared to just going straight after a money building?

StuN
04-25-2012, 12:23 AM
@Jp so you think, taking out a unit building means that type can't be brought to the battle? That's an interesting idea. I'd love to know if that's correct.

War Priest
04-25-2012, 12:25 AM
@Jp so you think, taking out a unit building means that type can't be brought to the battle? That's an interesting idea. I'd love to know if that's correct.

That would be awesome but it isn't the case...

Jp lfs
04-25-2012, 12:35 AM
That would be awesome but it isn't the case...

I admit I may be wrong, but when a super vicious rival tore me up a few weeks ago, I hit revenge without checking my base first, and it seemed like some of my units were missing from my attack. Not anxious to try this out in the future. But if it DOES work, I will certainly do it to others.

War Priest
04-25-2012, 12:38 AM
I admit I may be wrong, but when a super vicious rival tore me up a few weeks ago, I hit revenge without checking my base first, and it seemed like some of my units were missing from my attack. Not anxious to try this out in the future. But if it DOES work, I will certainly do it to others.

I think they purposly left this idea out because if we raided all their unit buildings there would be nothing left for battle. I have even raided every unit, boost, and money building one peoples bases and their units still came into battle. Like I said, I think they purposly left that out for that reason.

StuN
04-25-2012, 12:56 AM
Thanks for clearing that up WP, I was seriously worried I'd have to have yet another rethink about my def. sent you an ally req btw 😃

el_gringo
04-25-2012, 06:29 AM
yeah I sent you a req. as well WP, Gen McAndrew. I'm a fair few levels and many thousand att/def lower than you on this game though!

Jp lfs
04-25-2012, 08:32 AM
I think they purposly left this idea out because if we raided all their unit buildings there would be nothing left for battle. I have even raided every unit, boost, and money building one peoples bases and their units still came into battle. Like I said, I think they purposly left that out for that reason.

Sorry for the misinformation. I will be losing a lot of battles in the near future, so I will get a chance to further explore this idea.

What?
04-25-2012, 09:42 AM
I know destroying unit buildings is pointless, but it seems so is destroying boost buildings if you have to leave the persons base for the player to actually lose the boost effects. That is what I observed and I'm trying to figure out if that is really the case. I know player stats aren't updated in real time like if they lose units in fights or money the new amount isn't updated unless you leave and come back. I think the same thing is happening with the boost buildings effect.

Corsair
04-25-2012, 11:52 AM
Interesting observation. Sounds like a GUI vs. DB mismatch, a condition I'm used to seeing quite often. Without getting to techno-jargony, it's possible that the data update is not being committed to the DB until the attacker leaves the base. If so, you'd think that would be a bug, otherwise that kills the idea of taking out someones defenses before attacking/raiding for $. I'd report it and see what Funzio says. I also agree that it would be nice if the screens (GUI) were updated after each transaction so you could see the user's updated stats. They might consider changing that as a future enhancement but I doubt they'd see it as a bug. It might not even be possible.

Agent Orange
04-25-2012, 02:33 PM
That's odd I take out the composite factories like clockwork and that has an immediate impact. Taking out a boost building would affect units stats but not take them out of the mix unless there were units with higher stats from a different area such as sea, air, then I could see those affected units bumped by others.

Agent Orange
04-25-2012, 02:35 PM
Somebody please ban this guy already!

Yeah I sent in some spam reports.

War Priest
04-25-2012, 02:40 PM
Yeah I sent in some spam reports.

He is still here, :rolleyes:but they stopped. For now....