PDA

View Full Version : Zero opens out of 6 tries, sent ticket

Agent Orange
04-24-2012, 12:32 PM
Just wondering if anyone else is having really bad luck opening boxes. At $139,000 a pop this is starting to get expensive. My brothers have had no problems opening boxes so I'm wondering if it's just me or if at certain levels
things are going screwy.

War Priest
04-24-2012, 12:34 PM
Wow, sorry buddy. I have 4 nukes with like 7 opens all with cash.

A few others been having bad luck but finally got a nuke in the other threads.

Jp lfs
04-24-2012, 12:35 PM
I am having really lousy luck as well. I tried a new strategy on the last CC event and got 9/10 without gold. It is DEFINITELY not working here.

Bronson
04-24-2012, 12:38 PM
I have found 3 boxes opened 2 for nukes and had 6 sorrys, this event is sucking hard normally have around 5 by now!

Gabbahh
04-24-2012, 12:38 PM
I've tried everything to increase my luck.

Even licking the middle button doesn't do the trick.

I hate these dry spells.

War Priest
04-24-2012, 12:42 PM
This isn't going to make you guys feel better but on one of my opens I got a sorry, then it glitched and I was allowed to try again then got a nuke...

Agent Orange
04-24-2012, 12:46 PM
Yeah you are right it doesn't make me feel better. :p

War Priest
04-24-2012, 12:50 PM
Yeah you are right it doesn't make me feel better. :p

Haha sorry buddy. Maybe this will. You got to 10 for free once and I never made it even using gold... :)

overkill 280
04-24-2012, 12:54 PM
I hate this event so far...I cant even find a single box :mad: And I've tried both PVE and PVP :(

Big John
04-24-2012, 01:00 PM
Can't open box either.

Jp lfs
04-24-2012, 01:01 PM
I have 10 out of 12 sorry's so far. No joke.

Blackstone
04-24-2012, 01:02 PM
Same problem here. 0 - 6 all sorrys. I am also starting to think my iPad needs to be restarted or something.

Jp lfs
04-24-2012, 01:02 PM
And my LLP can't even get a box yet...

overkill 280
04-24-2012, 01:03 PM
I'm done with this event...Can't find any boxes, and it's not worth leveling up!

JMC
04-24-2012, 01:09 PM
opened 1, 4 sorrys so far

Luke7676
04-24-2012, 01:20 PM
I have only opened 3 out of 8. 2 nukes 1 100k 5 sorry's

sumbub
04-24-2012, 01:22 PM
I had 6 sorrys before I finally got a warhead. Then the next 2 are sorrys with a loot unit following that. =7 I feel poor at the rate it's opening. LMAO

Agent Orange
04-24-2012, 01:23 PM
Same problem here. 0 - 6 all sorrys. I am also starting to think my iPad needs to be restarted or something.

I wondered that as well and have rebooted mine just to see if it was some sort of app loading issue and I just got my first warhead. Problem is I don't know if it was the reboot or whether Funzio fixed something with my account as I did send a couple of tickets in.

Guess in another hour I might have a better idea..... but I guess try totally shutting down and restarting.

Blackstone
04-24-2012, 01:59 PM
I wondered that as well and have rebooted mine just to see if it was some sort of app loading issue and I just got my first warhead. Problem is I don't know if it was the reboot or whether Funzio fixed something with my account as I did send a couple of tickets in.

Guess in another hour I might have a better idea..... but I guess try totally shutting down and restarting.

Rebooted after posting and I got a warhead as well. Who knows if that was the problem or not?

Big John
04-24-2012, 02:16 PM
My box was stolen as I was about to try again, hope they got a grunt.
Not looking good so far, found another box but sorry again.

Maverick50727
04-24-2012, 02:26 PM
Yeah you are right it doesn't make me feel better. :pHang in there. I doubt anything is wrong other than bad luck. In the bruefcase event I had 9 fails, then 2 opens (loot and cash) then 4 more fails in a row. That was my worst luck in any event.

I've got 3 nukes thus far. But remember when I had like 8 with five days to go and WP said I would have no problem? Well I only made it to 9 then. Be happy that you got to 10 on one. I never have yet.

Bronson
04-24-2012, 02:31 PM
Hang in there. I doubt anything is wrong other than bad luck. In the bruefcase event I had 9 fails, then 2 opens (loot and cash) then 4 more fails in a row. That was my worst luck in any event.

I've got 3 nukes thus far. But remember when I had like 8 with five days to go and WP said I would have no problem? Well I only made it to 9 then. Be happy that you got to 10 on one. I never have yet.

Yep I am with Mav on 3 but had the roughest start to an event i went 6 hours without a box at one point plus I'm ready for bed and most of you are just starting

SirMW
04-24-2012, 02:42 PM
Yea, I got 3 also. 3 out of 11 tries with one grunt....arghhhh; no other units or money.
I have been hitting the mini sub with 19 tries for 4 boxes. It's pretty close to the past events where I get about a 25% drop rate for boxes. It's good that the event begin this week as my mini subs has gone from 40 plus down to 5 since the last event.

LeBarticus
04-24-2012, 02:43 PM
I've been having terrible luck as well. For me it's been:

Sorry
Nuke
Sorry
Nuke
Sorry
Sorry
Sorry
Sorry
Sorry

Can't even get em open lol. Damn these events.

Maverick50727
04-24-2012, 02:58 PM
Yea, I got 3 also. 3 out of 11 tries with one grunt....arghhhh; no other units or money.
I have been hitting the mini sub with 19 tries for 4 boxes. It's pretty close to the past events where I get about a 25% drop rate for boxes. It's good that the event begin this week as my mini subs has gone from 40 plus down to 5 since the last event.I don't even have to farm min subs. I get them as part of PvP loot. I have 379 and I don't take the into battle. I would give them to you of I could. Another reason for Maverick's Military Surplus building idea I keep stating so we can sell loot units when they become garbage units. My lowest thing I use these days is cruisers since I increased my ally count. I had pushed my 68 cruisers out of the list at one point with bombardment frigates and other loot. I want to get back to that so I only use cruisers for def not attack. 225k is a lot even if they do have low loss rates. I would rather them be out of the list all together.

Agent Orange
04-24-2012, 05:28 PM
Seems to be fixed now, either the ticket was the ticket or the reboot or ? Thank you!

War Priest
04-24-2012, 05:33 PM
Seems to be fixed now, either the ticket was the ticket or the reboot or ? Thank you!

If you really wanted to find out which it was, you can check to see if your ticket was even read yet. If it wasn't then you'll know.

LeBarticus
04-24-2012, 05:43 PM
I've had 8 fails in a row :( I want to at least open the boxes.....

Tuck
04-24-2012, 05:45 PM
I went 0 for 8 at the start of the last event & only got 8 total. Doing better this time 4/6, 2 WH &2 tanks. But I'm outta boxes & energy! Even did a few drive bys on Iranian flags, still nuthin!

stricker
04-24-2012, 05:54 PM
maybe the devs are toying with us... reverse psychology! it gets easier toward the end this time! LOL

(tol... yeah right!)

SingaporeWarroir
04-24-2012, 06:34 PM
I did an experiment with both of my account using bare hand for 1 account and rusty knife with the other. These are the result for 10 attempts.
Bare hands - 1 Nuclear Warheads, 9 Sorrys
Rusty Knife - 2 Nuclear Warheads, 1 Armored Charger, 1 500k Cash and 6 Sorrys

Taranis73
04-25-2012, 05:45 AM
6 nukes so far, had a lot of sorrys this morning but still got one and 500k. keep on busting them open guys, you will get one or two.

Taranis73
04-25-2012, 05:53 AM
Just got the 7th piece, Delta trooper, can anyone tell me how to grab a shot of the game and post it up here? I see a lot of people put them up here and just want to be able to do this also as i have had a few issues with the last event and was not able to send a ticket as was not able to upload a photo of the issue, if anyone can help would be much appreciated.

(Dont worry figured it out with the screen shot.)

Agent Orange
04-25-2012, 07:09 AM
Ok looking for some input/data here. My LLP is doing a lot better this time than I am and I'm wondering if it's the way the game has been rejigged or just a coincidence. The last three events I had a funny feeling that your odds of opening boxes was somehow tied to the amount of cash you spent on the medium option. In other words once you hit a threshold your box/crate/suitcase would open. This time out it feels like it is reversed but I'm only basing this on data from 4 players which is not much of a sample.

Things I'm noticing with this event.

Last three my main player was opening boxes 1 in every 2 tries. Now they are 1 in 8 to 9 tries but with a spree of opens 4 in a row for warheads and then back to nothing for a long stretch.

My LLP is up to 6 boxes already. So here are the stats so far, all opens are using cash. Not finding a lot of loot but a lot of sorries more than I have had in the past 3 events so if this is going to slide like the last events unless you got lots on day 1 you are probably screwed by now.

Bro1 = 3 warheads L93
Bro2 = 3 warheads L89
Me = 4 warheads L140
LLP = 6 warheads L64

What I am noticing this time out is that the lower level players are getting more opens. I know my brothers stats don't seem to reflect this but they also have not been finding as many boxes so that is why my stats look better even though my open to sorry ratio is higher.

What is surprising is my LLP who is really out ahead of us all and spending a lot less per open. Have a feeling that in the past opens may have been triggered by how much cash you spent overall but this time might be something different or 'luck' factor is based more on level to give the lower level players a chance since they are also getting lower value units than the top level players.

Day 1 as usual was tough to find boxes doing PvP but day 2 seems a lot easier. PvE is hit and miss at least in the Naval battle but have been about 1 in 3 hits so far across everyone.

From what I am reading in the forums this event seems a lot tougher for some and yet I thought I read that someone was already at 9 warheads. I think like all the other events your chances were a lot higher based on what day it was e.g. day 1 had your best odds and someone the game was rejigged as time went on. Granted it could also just be getting a lot harder as time goes on and I don't know how much gold was spent by the player with 9 warheads....

Maverick50727
04-25-2012, 08:11 AM
Ok looking for some input/data here. My LLP is doing a lot better this time than I am and I'm wondering if it's the way the game has been rejigged or just a coincidence. The last three events I had a funny feeling that your odds of opening boxes was somehow tied to the amount of cash you spent on the medium option. In other words once you hit a threshold your box/crate/suitcase would open. This time out it feels like it is reversed but I'm only basing this on data from 4 players which is not much of a sample.

Things I'm noticing with this event.

Last three my main player was opening boxes 1 in every 2 tries. Now they are 1 in 8 to 9 tries but with a spree of opens 4 in a row for warheads and then back to nothing for a long stretch.

My LLP is up to 6 boxes already. So here are the stats so far, all opens are using cash. Not finding a lot of loot but a lot of sorries more than I have had in the past 3 events so if this is going to slide like the last events unless you got lots on day 1 you are probably screwed by now.

Bro1 = 3 warheads L93
Bro2 = 3 warheads L89
Me = 4 warheads L140
LLP = 6 warheads L64

What I am noticing this time out is that the lower level players are getting more opens. I know my brothers stats don't seem to reflect this but they also have not been finding as many boxes so that is why my stats look better even though my open to sorry ratio is higher.

What is surprising is my LLP who is really out ahead of us all and spending a lot less per open. Have a feeling that in the past opens may have been triggered by how much cash you spent overall but this time might be something different or 'luck' factor is based more on level to give the lower level players a chance since they are also getting lower value units than the top level players.

Day 1 as usual was tough to find boxes doing PvP but day 2 seems a lot easier. PvE is hit and miss at least in the Naval battle but have been about 1 in 3 hits so far across everyone.

From what I am reading in the forums this event seems a lot tougher for some and yet I thought I read that someone was already at 9 warheads. I think like all the other events your chances were a lot higher based on what day it was e.g. day 1 had your best odds and someone the game was rejigged as time went on. Granted it could also just be getting a lot harder as time goes on and I don't know how much gold was spent by the player with 9 warheads....
I think you may be trying to analyze a random number generator buddy. Random is chance and sometimes you will be better than others. I doubt they put in logic to help lower level players. Just doesn't seem like a Funzio thing IMO, but I could be wrong.

If you want more data I'm L117 and I had 5 nukes yesterday. That just throws a wrench in doesn't it. Nothing but 3 fails starting this morning.

We also know that the chance of a nuke drop decreases with each additional one you get as that was stated in the very first event. So of course you have better odds of getting nukes earlier than you do later. They stated that up front.

Big John
04-25-2012, 10:09 AM
Bit of a non event for me.

I've had two boxes, one was stolen just before I could try to open it again and I still can't open the other one.

I can't play 24/7 so I'll be lucky to get anything this time around.

RonaldPVincent
04-25-2012, 11:25 AM

Lord I hope Funzio isnt manipulating the game on a criteria based standard. It is supposedly random. I find this hard to believe but I digress, Funzio should have no ability to tweak the events as they progress. It is a slippery slope.

Maverick50727
04-25-2012, 01:04 PM
Lord I hope Funzio isnt manipulating the game on a criteria based standard. It is supposedly random. I find this hard to believe but I digress, Funzio should have no ability to tweak the events as they progress. It is a slippery slope.Whoa I have to ask is that Hitler the Cat? Got the stache and hairline right. Is that photoshop?

Hellstorm
04-25-2012, 01:26 PM
You aren't the only one with trouble. It seems this event is slightly different. You hear a lot about people having hard times opening boxes. It took me 12 tries to open my first box, which was a warhead. After that nothing, I have opened almost every hour since the event started. I got 250k once but that's it, the rest are failures. In The last events I would have reached item 7 by now... Yet, still stuck at 1.

cheiz
04-25-2012, 01:49 PM
Guys, reading this thread and taking in account my own LLP and normal player experiences so far I woud say thuis event is more "difficult"

My LLP had real trouble getting boxes and the opens are not good, only one warhead so far. My normal player is doing a lot better, 7 warheads so far, but very little other loot. At least less than the other events. Anyway, there seems to be a big difference between my to players

RonaldPVincent
04-25-2012, 02:09 PM
Whoa I have to ask is that Hitler the Cat? Got the stache and hairline right. Is that photoshop?

no...its 100% Kitler

Agent Orange
04-25-2012, 02:15 PM
I think you may be trying to analyze a random number generator buddy. Random is chance and sometimes you will be better than others. I doubt they put in logic to help lower level players. Just doesn't seem like a Funzio thing IMO, but I could be wrong.

If you want more data I'm L117 and I had 5 nukes yesterday. That just throws a wrench in doesn't it. Nothing but 3 fails starting this morning.

We also know that the chance of a nuke drop decreases with each additional one you get as that was stated in the very first event. So of course you have better odds of getting nukes earlier than you do later. They stated that up front.

It really depends on what type of 'random' number generator the devs have used if it is 'true' random numbers of pseudorandom. In any event if this event is truly random I should not be seeing patterns forming in the data I am collecting from my account, LLP and brothers but I am seeing a pattern again as I have in each of the other events. One of which is timing in terms of openings, if this was truly random then why is my data showing a very high number of opens at the same time across four players and then at other times all 4 have zero opens. If random odds are that at least one or maybe two would be contrary to the data but that is not what I am seeing so far but the more data from other players I can sample the more I can see if I'm on the right or wrong track.

Agent Orange
04-25-2012, 02:16 PM
no...its 100% Kitler

Kitler is Kool...

Agent Orange
04-25-2012, 02:21 PM
In the last events I saw several patterns. The main one was that on day 1 your odds of finding the 'prize' was much higher than any other day. Why during the second event I had 8 parts by the end of day 1 and 9 by the end of day 2.

I also noticed that certain times of the day were 'better' in terms of finding the part, for example early evening to midnight were good times while 8am to noon were bad times. (EST) Also on the hour vs another time, since we are locked into 1 hour gaps between opening if not using gold I started to test different times. In the last event I think some were trying specific times for opening eg at the hour, 10 past etc. I don't think we are doing it this time but I have been tracking when my best times were for opening and so far it seems to float around a bit but I might have a better idea in a day or so.

But yes if this were truly random then I should not be seeing patterns forming......

Pace
04-25-2012, 04:47 PM

Interesting: my llp (iPad) is 0 for 7, my hlp (iPhone) is roughly 50%.

Heard others say iPad seemed to be worse. Makes me wonder. But it could be the amount of cash used in the open calculation?

siL
04-25-2012, 09:11 PM
This isn't going to make you guys feel better but on one of my opens I got a sorry, then it glitched and I was allowed to try again then got a nuke...

I've also experience this WP, but I wasn't as lucky as you are...I didn't get a nuke, the 1st time I got another sorry (2 bloody sorries in a row), and the 2nd one, I got 300k...not bad and not complaining...lol

Big John
04-27-2012, 05:41 AM
I've got 1 warhead so far and getting constant sorrys.

Using medium option I should have two units by now going by previous events.

Amphoric
04-27-2012, 07:32 AM
I'm stuck at 7/10

with 10 boxes -_-