PDA

View Full Version : New TOY!

Swearengen
04-24-2012, 07:50 AM
Totally a waste of a thread but I was so happy with my new toy I just got, I had to share :cool:

http://img717.imageshack.us/img717/7670/blackrainw.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/717/blackrainw.jpg/)

Cann't wait to take it to the range, then to my CC hood!

Vile Lynn
04-24-2012, 07:52 AM
Impressive! Can I come to the range with you?!

AppleMacGuy
04-24-2012, 08:01 AM
No wonder America is so fcked up when they let anyone by this stuff lol...but, hey it looks like fun lol! :p

Swearengen
04-24-2012, 08:05 AM
No wonder America is so fcked up when they let anyone by this stuff lol...but, hey it looks like fun lol! :p

There are lots of reasons for that! :)

blondealex
04-24-2012, 08:57 AM
That is awesome, what are you going to use it for? I have a tactical that I use for hunting hogs and coyotes.

mnju_03
04-24-2012, 09:46 AM
Self note, don't f with this guy.

Nicholost
04-24-2012, 09:52 AM
Nice. Good feature choices too. Did you build it or buy it as is?

Swearengen
04-24-2012, 11:41 AM
That is awesome, what are you going to use it for? I have a tactical that I use for hunting hogs and coyotes.

Probably just killing paper but I made sure it was go enough for hunting. I used to do some deer hunting back in the day but not with an AR, so I wanted something I could play with at the range and maybe in the field (so I went with 1-8 twist, heavy duty barrel, has nice features also).

Swearengen
04-24-2012, 11:55 AM
Nice. Good feature choices too. Did you build it or buy it as is?

When it comes to AR's I am a newbie. Thought about building it but decided to go with already in the box. Talked with lots of folks, found a guy who was a goldmine of AR knowledge specifically and guns in general (he builds them, owns numerous ones, shots in tons of competitions, etc...). He suggested this model was a nice compromise, not to many bells and whistles but enough solid features to last.

quick specs...
-stainless match grade .223 Wylde chamber, (.223 & 5.56)
-1:8 twist barrel with 3 groove polygonal rifling
-upper & lower receiver are coated with a 28% ceramic digital camouflage coating
-Heavy duty bolt, bolt carrier group and recoil buffer/spring along with beefed up upper and lower receivers improve cycling and reliability during extended firing.
-Flared magazine well
-extended charging handle are great for quick reloading and reloading
-Magpul collapsible stock and pistol grip
-MBUS pop up iron sights
-full length modular rail system
-Sling swivel and ring for one- point slig attachment