PDA

View Full Version : Funzio, it's time for the 499ers to face severe punishment.

<3 Hz
04-24-2012, 06:00 AM
My suggestion...

If a player is of high enough level to have 500 mafia and they don't, take away their ability to rob or fight altogether. That's right <500 mafia = not being able to use stamina points.

Dillinja
04-24-2012, 06:12 AM
Thats fighting talk from where I come from...my kind of a lady.
Good suggestion but in all honesty Funzio aint going to do anything. playing the 499 way isnt drastic enough to be a game changer...annoying but not the be all and end all.

Spoon86
04-24-2012, 06:13 AM
zip it.

This sentence is here to provide the 10 character minimum.

Dillinja
04-24-2012, 06:16 AM
zip it.

This sentence is here to provide the 10 character minimum.
Thank you for your contribution....It's the most thought provoking and insightful post you've made to date.
You're obviously a 499'er and a pu$$y to boot

<3 Hz
04-24-2012, 06:16 AM
It's a bit of a game changer when 75% of players seem to be on the 99 bandwagon now. Take away their ability to rob or attack and I guarantee 99ers would become extinct within 24 hours.

I do see players out there with 500+, but most have a defense of 100,000+

Dillinja
04-24-2012, 06:20 AM
Game changer would be for the big gold players to not drop their heavy loads on funzio's TT's.
Unfortunately that hasnt happened so I see no big changes on the 499 issue coming through

Spoon86
04-24-2012, 06:20 AM
Think it through before suggesting something, I'm at 390 mafia and it will takes sometime to reach 500 mafia.

So I should be exluded from TL because of this ?

Bala82
04-24-2012, 06:21 AM
As a new player i don't understand 499 problem i don't think i will ever that many i thinking keep it 50 all the way through as i don't see any benefit of having a big mob size.

Swifty
04-24-2012, 06:23 AM
Complicated issues but I enjoy the OP's attitude.

<3 Hz
04-24-2012, 06:24 AM
Think it through before suggesting something, I'm at 390 mafia and it will takes sometime to reach 500 mafia.

So I should be exluded from TL because of this ?

If it's because you're low-level and can't utilize 500 mafia then no, you shouldn't be excluded.

The odd thing is seeing a player with a 150,000 defense with 499 mafia. If no one can touch you then no one can use you for TL goals lol.

Spoon86
04-24-2012, 06:27 AM
If it's because you're low-level and can't utilize 500 mafia then no, you shouldn't be excluded.

The odd thing is seeing a player with a 150,000 defense with 499 mafia. If no one can touch you then no one can use you for TL goals lol.

I'm level 137, I prefer to stay in the lower mafia bracket which usually puts me out of range of the big gold spenders.

Navi Ho
04-24-2012, 07:05 AM
The issue is not really the approach people have taken to play the game, but the construct of the game itself. To me it makes no sense to have a non-sustainable game philosophy work for parts of the game. By this I mean, the TL goals would be pointless if everyone adopted the <500 approach. Unless I am missing something, the approach reaps all rewards of being able to attack and earn respect point payouts while getting only the odd attack from players who are willing to basically waste bullets to make a statement. The only other down side is one less mafia member for fights and robberies so whatever attack points your lowest mafia has is what you lose. Aside from doing nothing, the simplest fix would be to convert the criteria from 500 mafia to level 100. It is not like things are cast in stone. A neat way of handling it would be to say after level 100, you take the 500 best weapons in each category, but use them from the bottom up. So if you elect to play with only 490 mafia, your top 10 weapons in each category go unused instead of it being the current way of not using weapons ranked 490-500. While I don't agree with the 499's philosophy of game play, it is the logical approach as long as there are enough of us who stay at 500 or more.

Joeycool
04-24-2012, 09:14 AM
Nice to see you on here Navi Ho! :)

The good thing about 499ers is that when you have completed your thug life goals you can pretty much blind attack 499ers.

They are the weak players on the whole.

That is why they drop to 499. Because they have weak defence and are therefore easy targets.

I see 499 and it usually gives me the message "weak player"

Swingle007
04-24-2012, 09:54 AM
I'd be more than happy to run 500+ if Funzio wouldnt allow people 50+ lvls above me with 3x my attack/defense to smack me like a fly on a wall simply for the amusement of taking away explosives I work many hours or days to afford. I buy them simply to help me stay competitive against people of my own level. I certainly couldn't threaten the level 200s who I don't even have the option of finding in my rival list with them. I've never liked the idea of people that high up being able to find me on a whim and I can't search through and find some of them I might be able to rob/attack if I choose to. I think the 499ers just above level 143 or so have reason for doing what they do. Who wants to drop 9 mil on 60 high dollar explosives and see them gone in a heartbeat? It's just dumb, and I will stay at 499 until that system is changed.

Attacking someone 57 levels below you 10 times in a row who has no money to steal is just outright bullying for the sake of hurting someone who can't defend themselves from your attack. And why? So they can be amused at costing someone who's never attacked them 500-600k worth of explosives that they really need to survive and be successful down at their level. It's senseless.

And FYI I ran nearly a thousand mafia prior to reaching the low 140s and realized it made no sense from that point on unless I had 100k defense as mentioned in prior posts. I've since spent the last 7 levels building 50 Gatling turrets and paying for 48 bodyguard buildings to try and protect myself from the higher ups.

erik
04-24-2012, 09:56 AM
Swingle,

Unless you are in a spat with an individual, they wont normally go after your explosives for fun.

Oh, they might if you are a 499er though hehe.

Swingle007
04-24-2012, 10:07 AM
Swingle,

Unless you are in a spat with an individual, they wont normally go after your explosives for fun.

Oh, they might if you are a 499er though hehe.

You would think that was the case, but I got hit over and over by people around your level constantly regardless. I'm not sure if it's a matter of just wanting to use up attacks prior to logging off or what, but it happened enough that it got old fast. Happened for about a week from a number of people even when I was at 500 so maybe it's a matter of meeting thug life goals, but regardless, the point is that allowing people at 200 to attack people in the 140s is ridiculous. What if it started at lvl 1 and you were able to be hit by lvl 50s right away? It would suck for sure! It's no different now for me. Almost made me stop playing as it isn't even close to being a level playing field at that point. :-( it basically takes explosive usage away from you for quite awhile unless you like flushing money down a toilet, and that really handcuffs weaker players who need them to compete.

Kavai
04-24-2012, 10:12 AM
Your signature alone makes me want to hit you like that. Only I am not a 499er and I am probably not your level either ;)

dudeman
04-24-2012, 10:34 AM
Swingle, there aren't enough players in the higher levels to compile a fair list for everyone who is nearing the current maximum level. If these players can already see you then it will be of no use to camp. You might as well level as quick as you can so that A) you CAN see those people many levels above you, and B) YOU can deliver the beat downs on lower levels.

I can see almost 30 levels lower than my own level and the only explosives consumption I care about is my own. If I do cost lower level players explosives, so what? Mine get eaten up too, also by opponents whom I stand no chance against. Get used to it and keep building your economy, or stop buying defense explosives until you think your economy can handle it. If you can't afford to keep sinking hundreds of thousands into your explosives habit, you might want to rethink your strategy.

Max Power
04-24-2012, 10:37 AM
While I am no fan of the 499 strategy and have been vocal about it in the past, it has become very apparent that, regardless of lip service paid here by staff, nothing in game will be done about it, and the only "in-game balance" that seems to be cared about at corporate is providing more strength for Amex Platinum holders and less for recreational players.

I am past caring about it, or this game, for that matter.

I will continue to fart around in it, but I don't spent nickels on things I don't care about.

sez
04-24-2012, 10:45 AM
Swingle, there aren't enough players in the higher levels to compile a fair list for everyone who is nearing the current maximum level. If these players can already see you then it will be of no use to camp. You might as well level as quick as you can so that A) you CAN see those people many levels above you, and B) YOU can deliver the beat downs on lower levels.

I can see almost 30 levels lower than my own level and the only explosives consumption I care about is my own. If I do cost lower level players explosives, so what? Mine get eaten up too, also by opponents whom I stand no chance against. Get used to it and keep building your economy, or stop buying defense explosives until you think your economy can handle it. If you can't afford to keep sinking hundreds of thousands into your explosives habit, you might want to rethink your strategy.

+1

You will get no sympathy from anyone. I had over 300 landmines and a ton of other D explosives at 1 time, know how many I have now???

It's happened to all of us. When you get higher in level either do it to the new crop of 142's or don't, just try not to let it get you upset. Just my advice.

sez
04-24-2012, 10:50 AM
While I am no fan of the 499 strategy and have been vocal about it in the past, it has become very apparent that, regardless of lip service paid here by staff, nothing in game will be done about it, and the only "in-game balance" that seems to be cared about at corporate is providing more strength for Amex Platinum holders and less for recreational players.

I am past caring about it, or this game, for that matter.

I will continue to fart around in it, but I don't spent nickels on things I don't care about.

+100

I feel the same. I am already utilizing the "Fart Around" play style.

Spoon86
04-24-2012, 10:50 AM
+1

You will get no sympathy from anyone. I had over 300 landmines and a ton of other D explosives at 1 time, know how many I have now???

It's happened to all of us. When you get higher in level either do it to the new crop of 142's or don't, just try not to let it get you upset. Just my advice.

+1 I agree with you, if you can't beat them join them.

499 is the way to go, You get attacked ALOT less.

dudeman
04-24-2012, 10:52 AM
Just thought of something and maybe I can find an answer here. Note that this is for discussion purposes only.

For people who have their Thug Blaster, does dropping to 499 after the fact still make them a rat? Suppose someone kept well over 500 for the duration of their Thug Life quest, allowing other players equal opportunity to attack them back for their own goals. Would it be underhanded to drop to 499 to make it more difficult for other players to catch up to them once their goal is complete?

SevenO9
04-24-2012, 10:59 AM
Reading all the 499er stuff over the past weeks I was kind of anxious getting to level 100. What would happen? No more targets for TL as there are only 499er arround? Hundred of daily attacks on my wall from other TL farmers?

So I made 100 some days ago, am at 103 now and neither of the above happend. 80% on my rival list are 500+ and being at 500 myself I hadn't a single attack in the past 72 hours.

Am I missing something?

Spoon86
04-24-2012, 11:01 AM
Just thought of something and maybe I can find an answer here. Note that this is for discussion purposes only.

For people who have their Thug Blaster, does dropping to 499 after the fact still make them a rat? Suppose someone kept well over 500 for the duration of their Thug Life quest, allowing other players equal opportunity to attack them back for their own goals. Would it be underhanded to drop to 499 to make it more difficult for other players to catch up to them once their goal is complete?

Yes he is a rat, The only advantage one player should have over another is decided by how much gold they spend and not but totally legit strategies that is allowd within parameters.

Navi Ho
04-24-2012, 11:23 AM
Swingle, as someone else already pointed out attacks from 190+ players on people 20-50 levels lower are not because they are bullies, it is because that is almost all they see. For example, I am level 186, and after four refreshes of my rivals list I find 90% are >15 levels lower, a few near my level and a few above. Given the fact that people have camped for ages at various levels, why should I avoid attacking someone who elected to camp for two or three months rather than move through the game? It gets very boring constantly refreshing your rivals list looking for ways to burn off 40-50 stamina points. I also have no problem burning through someone's explosives when they used money robbed from me to buy them!

Swifty
04-24-2012, 11:46 AM
I get attacked all the time, and since the attackers are not posting trash on my wall, I calculate it is just business. I have 500+ mafia, so some of them are probably doing Thug Life goals. Maybe others are farming respect the old fashioned way. I do not believe that any significant number of them examine my inventory to determine if I have explosives before they attack. Who has time for that?

If I dropped to 499 mafia, I believe the attacks would be greatly reduced. And if I dropped to below 400 mafia, I believe the attacks would dry up to almost none. I am considering my options.

erik
04-24-2012, 11:51 AM
+1 Navi Ho

Although he still manages to find me just fine :)

The fact is, 142 and above means that someone will be kicking your butt unless you are putting 1000s of real $ into gold weapons almost 24-7. You will do better working on thickening your skin, than toughening your defenses.

Oh, and loot your stuff. That is defense.

@swifty - your ratios are great if you even care about that. Your A/D were well above (I think) mine at that time. You are going to get hit, so just do what is fun for you. 500 or 400... I don't think 499 is going to be the place to be soon.

Dipstik
04-24-2012, 12:41 PM
I'll up to 500 as soom as I have any strategic reason to do so. Until then, you whiners are amusing.

Joeycool
04-24-2012, 12:48 PM
ha ha! Very good Sez! :)

erik
04-24-2012, 01:19 PM
+1 Quite the likeness for DS!

Also for serial 499ers who wait until the bitter end and everyone is done w/ TL (x10 for vocal ones...) I suspect you will be an ongoing target for many. *shrug*

Spoon86
04-24-2012, 01:25 PM
+1 Quite the likeness for DS!

Also for serial 499ers who wait until the bitter end and everyone is done w/ TL (x10 for vocal ones...) I suspect you will be an ongoing target for many. *shrug*

Whats so wrong trying to hinder someone in a competitive online game?

Joeycool
04-24-2012, 01:33 PM

Actually you are spot on with that comment.

Thats one of the things I love about crime city so much. You can play it how you like!

I like attacking people who have less than 500 mafia. :)

erik
04-24-2012, 01:35 PM

I personally don't think that there is anything fundamentally wrong with that. I think that ever strategy has a consequence good, bad or other. Attacking 499ers is my response to the 499 strategy. This is an exchange for my time having to hunt/overly attack the same poor targets as well as an increase in my enjoyment having created an adventure.

Spoon86
04-24-2012, 01:47 PM
Actually you are spot on with that comment.

Thats one of the things I love about crime city so much. You can play it how you like!

I like attacking people who have less than 500 mafia. :)

Agreed, If everyone just followed the same strategies the game would be quite dull.

I'm not a 499er but I support any game play in CC that isn't cheating and if you like picking on 499ers well what ever tickels you fancy my good sir.

Joeycool
04-24-2012, 01:49 PM
Agreed, If everyone just followed the same strategies the game would be quite dull.

I'm not a 499er but I support any game play in CC that isn't cheating and if you like picking on 499ers well what ever tickels you fancy my good sir.

Makes sense though right? Everyone else has an extra mafia member. I'll target the ones with the least members! :)

Plux
04-24-2012, 02:08 PM
Come and get me at 150, expect a dead end of losses and wasted stamina ;-)

Pikachu
04-24-2012, 02:08 PM
IMO, Funzio will only take action if EVERYONE is at 499 and NO ONE can complete the TL goals. Until then, it's a choice of pride. Would you rather be attacked and robbed less for the price of your moral integrity? Or would you rather stand up and take it like a man [or woman]?

Max Power
04-24-2012, 02:28 PM

Nothing.

Just like there is nothing wrong with pounding the crap out of people that do it.

Spoon86
04-24-2012, 02:39 PM
Nothing.

Just like there is nothing wrong with pounding the crap out of people that do it.

But when a 499er gets pounded on he doesn't whine on the forums, So why do 500er?

erik
04-24-2012, 02:44 PM
But when a 499er gets pounded on he doesn't whine on the forums, So why do 500er?

I guess they are too busy writing on our walls. :)

FatDaz
04-24-2012, 02:52 PM
I'm on TL 295 and it'll be nice to give all those 500's whom I've pounded a break and stick my shiney new Thug Blaster up a ratsass

jobadass
04-24-2012, 03:03 PM
2 things:
1:I thought Dipstik lost his iPad/account.?
2: Spoon86, is that your in game name? I don't remember seeing you.

jobadass
04-24-2012, 03:04 PM
LOL, yup..... bastards:)

Spoon86
04-24-2012, 03:30 PM

What about that rat chatcher fiasco everyone was wall spamming not to long ago, And as far as raging on walls it comes from both sides of the spectrum.

Why you always trying to put down the group of people that don't agree on the same playing style as you?

Spoon86
04-24-2012, 03:32 PM
2 things:
1:I thought Dipstik lost his iPad/account.?
2: Spoon86, is that your in game name? I don't remember seeing you.

Would you use a dipstik to eat soup with ?

Clearly I am not a dipstik.

jobadass
04-24-2012, 03:35 PM
[QUOTE=Spoon86;187478]Would you use a dipstik to eat soup with ?

I didn't think you as Dipstik, I was asking two seperate questions.
I guess I should direct the 2nd directly at you; Is your in-game name 'Spoon86'?

Dillinja
04-24-2012, 03:38 PM
Dont know about you but I''m quite fond of spooning

Anyway, cant funzio just make it an official 2 clan war.
You either choose to be a pu$$y or you choose to be a 499 pu$$y lancer
I know which side i bat for...

Dipstik
04-24-2012, 03:42 PM
I did. I got a new iPad and I'm waiting on a transfer. Besides... You can post from a computer, you know.

jobadass
04-24-2012, 03:48 PM
I did. I got a new iPad and I'm waiting on a transfer. Besides... You can post from a computer, you know.
I thought you said you were playing. Congrats man.

Dipstik
04-24-2012, 03:51 PM
Congratulations are not in order... I did something really stupid and cost myself $400.

jobadass
04-24-2012, 03:54 PM
I'll up to 500 as soom as I have any strategic reason to do so. Until then, you whiners are amusing.
and this is why I thought so

Daniel2115
04-24-2012, 03:58 PM
Do u guys really see that many 499ers? I don't thnk Iv ever seen any. Most people I see are above 500 and if not they're pretty far below 499. I'm lvl 105 tho maybe I won't see them till later on

Joeycool
04-24-2012, 04:00 PM
What about that rat chatcher fiasco everyone was wall spamming not to long ago, And as far as raging on walls it comes from both sides of the spectrum.

Why you always trying to put down the group of people that don't agree on the same playing style as you?

You say fiasco - I say jolly good fun! :)

I never spammed anyones wall. I just left them a polite message telling them why I had robbed /attacked them. You should have seen the messages I got back! Insulting to say the least! Funny! :)

Burn
04-24-2012, 04:10 PM

You are joking right? A few weeks ago when the Rat Wars went nuts, a whole swarm of 499 lurkers were logging in daily just to p!ss, whinge and cry.

Dipstik
04-24-2012, 04:30 PM
I have seen at least 5 posts whining about the 499 problem for every post whining about "rat catchers". No one cared.

Joeycool
04-24-2012, 04:35 PM
I see more posts from people whining about people whining than there are from people whining about the original whine.

Dipstik
04-24-2012, 04:39 PM
Yeah but... You can't... That would...

*head pops*

Joeycool
04-24-2012, 04:40 PM
Yeah but... You can't... That would...

*head pops*

ha ha! :)

Being as how your head has popped please can I have your new Ipad?

Oh... you cant answer that as your head has popped.

erik
04-24-2012, 06:00 PM

I addressed your inference that 499ers were not whining. That would be wrong :)

Why don't you post a bunch of examples of how I am 'always trying to put down' 499ers, because that sounds like there must be a ton of them.

Spoon86
04-24-2012, 06:12 PM
I addressed your inference that 499ers were not whining. That would be wrong :)

Why don't you post a bunch of examples of how I am 'always trying to put down' 499ers, because that sounds like there must be a ton of them.

I'm not one to take time out of my not so busy schedule to prove a point so ill just point out the one infront of me.

"If a player reduces to 499 while alone in the woods, does his falling self-respect still make a sound".

This topic has been played out for so long, Its just like the hair on my ass no matter what I do it just keeps coming back.

jobadass
04-24-2012, 07:29 PM
I'm not one to take time out of my not so busy schedule to prove a point so ill just point out the one infront of me.

"If a player reduces to 499 while alone in the woods, does his falling self-respect still make a sound".

This topic has been played out for so long, Its just like the hair on my ass no matter what I do it just keeps coming back.
You still haven't given me your in-game name Spoon. I've hit every level 137, <500 I could find, but I like to be more precise.

erik
04-24-2012, 08:13 PM

That of course is a joke, like when you threw the M4 temper tantrum and quit CC. I knew you were just teasing us.

But good try as you will not find the many examples you spoke of.

sez
04-24-2012, 08:32 PM
That of course is a joke, like when you threw the M4 temper tantrum and quit CC. I knew you were just teasing us.

But good try as you will not find the many examples you spoke of.

Don't worry about it Erik, he's just hating on your crispy 1 million income pimp.

Synergy
04-24-2012, 08:40 PM
IMO, Funzio will only take action if EVERYONE is at 499 and NO ONE can complete the TL goals. Until then, it's a choice of pride. Would you rather be attacked and robbed less for the price of your moral integrity? Or would you rather stand up and take it like a man [or woman]?

Well, if that's the case then no action will be taken because I'll never drop to 499. I don't care if I'm the only 500 target left. I have one thing to say about this issue (a lot of senior members already know how I feel). A LOT of those with the same beliefs as mine are getting extremely close to finishing these extra thug life goals. When that happens, if we sees ya below 500 we're aiming for ya exclusively ALL DAY EVERY DAY. :)

Whoopdido1980
04-24-2012, 08:43 PM
What levels are are these 499 players? I'm at level 131 and honestly see very few of them. I see plenty of players at like 476 or 439 though, so they just haven't reached 500 yet. It took me a long time to get there myself.

The 499 deal hasn't affected me whatsoever. When I look at my rivals list 90% are at 500.

Synergy
04-24-2012, 08:46 PM
What levels are are these 499 players? I'm at level 131 and honestly see very few of them. I see plenty of players at like 476 or 439 though, so they just haven't reached 500 yet. It took me a long time to get there myself.

The 499 deal hasn't affected me whatsoever. When I look at my rivals list 90% are at 500.

I'm at level 191 and I get whole refreshed lists of NOTHING but 460-499ers all the time now. On average when I refresh my list everyone is 499 with the exception of 3-6 of them.

Whoopdido1980
04-24-2012, 09:01 PM
I'm at level 191 and I get whole refreshed lists of NOTHING but 460-499ers all the time now. On average when I refresh my list everyone is 499 with the exception of 3-6 of them.

I can definitely see how that would be frustrating. Irritating that the high level players, who have played the longest and are supposedly the best, are the ones using this lame strategy.

xclusiv
04-24-2012, 09:20 PM

laser? .... lol

<3 Hz
04-24-2012, 11:17 PM
Props to my 500+ people keepin it real.

I need to put my thumbs on ice, they're blistered from handing out non stop beatings to 99ers today.

The rat catchers are no more, but we should start our own little crew. Maybe call ourselves the 99er punk patrol. lol

Nudie
04-25-2012, 02:22 AM
Let's break out the chains and whips.

Pikachu
04-25-2012, 03:27 AM
Let's break out the chains and whips.

If we did that, we'd lose all our respect. >.>

macattack
10-04-2012, 02:46 PM
Attack a 498'er and got credit for beating a 500 mafia for this goal,need someone to start new thread on this subject

PawnXIIX
10-04-2012, 02:48 PM
Attack a 498'er and got credit for beating a 500 mafia for this goal,need someone to start new thread on this subject

I feel like this was a pointless necro... Just saying ._.

Vile Lynn
10-04-2012, 03:05 PM

It wasn't a 498er, btw... It is because you got the Flail from the PvP event... All 500+ mafia show as 498 with the modifier. This is gonna be good: lots of players are gonna assume from the fight screne that they are hitting rats, lol. A true 499er will show up on the fight screen as a 497er.

I feel like this was a pointless necro... Just saying ._.
Cha, flash of the past...

Crime City Mark
10-04-2012, 03:17 PM
Please don't necro.