PDA

View Full Version : Purchasing Powerful Valor Units

twchung22
04-23-2012, 01:32 PM
Is it a good idea to have 100+ SuperHornets or a varieties of strong valor units (mixed of Stealth, Hornets, GIGNs etc) to decrease the casualty rate of big Valor units like the Hornets or the Stealth.

Copenhagen
04-23-2012, 01:44 PM
It's all about the hornets for me, playing Russia. For what it's worth, the stealth boats have a lower casualty rate.

It depends on your Allie/# of units mix to get the best bang for your buck. High A/D ratio to allies seems like the best strategy to me.

Copenhagen
04-23-2012, 01:45 PM
There has been chatter about new valor units coming available so you might sit tight on your valor.

LeBarticus
04-23-2012, 01:48 PM
Yeah I've been spending my valor like an idiot, but I like my super hornets. Gonna start trying to save up.

Post 69! Sorry I have to let the inner child come out every once in a while

Luke7676
04-23-2012, 01:53 PM
Lmao @ Lebart.

There were new valor units that poped up a few days ago and were back down the same day. Think it was a mistake but they were very costly and indestructible but with low stats.. 200k valor for 1 unit was not worth it cen if it was indestructible. Still had low stats.

vball
04-23-2012, 09:29 PM
I have been losing my Hornets a lot recently. When the new changes went into effect have lost 7 of them in attacks. One of them had a 4000 defense, (US so no bonus) and not anything that would indicate it would have been challenging. Took him for almost a million, but lost two hornets in the process. So the end result was a big negative.

Luke, I have heard rumors that these might be rewards for the various valor levels. Would be good to reward those who are attacking and gaining valor IMO. Not sure how they will do it though, just go back and count up all your valor or base it on valor currently banked?

Regardless, for me have been banking valor, as it has not been necessary to add SH or SF to the inventory. Although just recently lost a battle so might have to commit some if it happens again.

mickymacirl
04-24-2012, 04:17 AM
Hey,

I've bought SH cos I'm Russia as well, I've also started to purchase the ground valor unit (M270) for the def alone.

Haven't lost any SH or SE in a long time because I'm padded out with DL and cheap units.

Be interesting to see what the loses are for the M270 though!

Aidan
04-24-2012, 05:08 AM
Be interesting to see what the loses are for the M270 though!

Trust me, interesting is definitely the wrong word. More like shocked, angry, crying n regret. Hmmmmm, sounds like TC' s wife after the wedding.

mickymacirl
04-24-2012, 05:15 AM
Trust me, interesting is definitely the wrong word. More like shocked, angry, crying n regret. Hmmmmm, sounds like TC' s wife after the wedding.

Heh, I need more gold units!

Maverick50727
04-24-2012, 05:46 AM
Hey,

I've bought SH cos I'm Russia as well, I've also started to purchase the ground valor unit (M270) for the def alone.

Haven't lost any SH or SE in a long time because I'm padded out with DL and cheap units.

Be interesting to see what the loses are for the M270 though!When I buy valor units I no ally do 10 hornets, 5 stealth frigates and 5 m270. I don't buy all hornets as I like a balance. GIGN have too high of a loss (.015) even greater than the M270 (.0075). JMO

Thunder Child
04-24-2012, 06:37 AM
Trust me, interesting is definitely the wrong word. More like shocked, angry, crying n regret. Hmmmmm, sounds like TC' s wife after the wedding....and every day since!

twchung22
04-24-2012, 08:34 AM
verdict is balance it out and not just get massive amount of SH?

Jp lfs
04-24-2012, 08:58 AM
I sort of agree. I am heavier on SH's because of the flag bonus, but also have a fair amount of SF's and M270's, and GIGN's to balance out my army. If you go too heavy in one unit, the game seems to notice, and you lose them more often. Not a fact, just my feeling- balance is better.

mickymacirl
04-24-2012, 10:43 AM
When I buy valor units I no ally do 10 hornets, 5 stealth frigates and 5 m270. I don't buy all hornets as I like a balance. GIGN have too high of a loss (.015) even greater than the M270 (.0075). JMO

I like that idea, I do not have any stealth frigates just yet, need to upgrade my Sea Power buildngs a crap load.

mickymacirl
04-24-2012, 10:47 AM
I sort of agree. I am heavier on SH's because of the flag bonus, but also have a fair amount of SF's and M270's, and GIGN's to balance out my army. If you go too heavy in one unit, the game seems to notice, and you lose them more often. Not a fact, just my feeling- balance is better.

I lost all my GIGN's early due to me being a noob, good idea, thanks for the information.