PDA

View Full Version : What respect item is best for you?

i need muney
04-23-2012, 10:54 AM
Thought that this one is kinda obvious, but appears that it ain't :)
I'll use attack as it matters to me most, but you can do it your way.

So you buy one of each RP items that interests you and notice the gain each one gives. Then divide given items cost by the gain it gave you.
For example I gain 16 attack per RPG, 23 per exelero and 18 per Whip.
RPG. 1000 / 16 = 62.5
Exelero. 1200 / 23 = 52.173913
Whips. 750 / 18 = 41.6(6)
Obviously, each point from chain whips costs less so those are the ones I go for. As soon as you start getting less from your item, recalculate and calibrate.

Boom blam wham! Yada

Sir Daniel
04-23-2012, 10:59 AM
Full combat gear & exeleros still work for me, chain whips I have not tried for a while but will probably help too.

i need muney
04-23-2012, 11:13 AM
Do the math. You probably will go faster with whips.

Sir Daniel
04-23-2012, 11:49 AM
Your probably right, but I have neglected defence for too long, my attack stat is fine, but being hammered due to neglecting defence buildings and over reliance on land mines which are rapidly depleting. Note my circumstances will not apply to most. Either way, just my 2 cents ;)

Sir Daniel
04-23-2012, 11:51 AM
Ps meant to ping you my code, see in game..

i need muney
04-23-2012, 11:55 AM
Ps meant to ping you my code, see in game..
Pm me. I kinda wipe them all :P

Pikachu
04-23-2012, 12:16 PM
Focus should be on Whips and Exeleros. After that, it's personal choice.

I'm not too interested in FCG, as the combination of NVB and FBI shields is only a little worse but takes A LOT less effort. The combo produces essentially a 16/24 armor item, which is comparable to the FCG, but a lot cheaper.

I don't really have an opinion on RPG's. If you want more guns, go for it. But it should not be your main objective.

frenda
04-23-2012, 12:18 PM
I'm still lower level, in the 90s, so for me, NVBs is the best buy right now with some CWs thrown in for good measure. Once Exceleros become available, I'll recalculate.

Swifty
04-23-2012, 12:29 PM
In the current menu of respect gear, NVBs as attack armor are a good deal, but everything is uncertain in the context of we do not know what respect gear Funzio might release later. There is a non-zero chance that every item of respect gear may become obsolete.

Imagine the gnashing of teeth if Funzio releases respect melee gear that makes Chain Whips obsolete.

pluxfan2
04-23-2012, 12:50 PM
Swifty.This is the one of the reasons why I dont believe we will see new respect items (Explosives aside).

frenda
04-23-2012, 12:57 PM
I agree, I don't think Funzio wants another storm like they had with the M4A1 issue. Players would leave in droves if that happened.

i need muney
04-23-2012, 01:07 PM
I don't think better respect items will se light just cuz they will shatter the low-tier gold weaps.

murf
04-23-2012, 01:07 PM
In the current menu of respect gear, NVBs as attack armor are a good deal, but everything is uncertain in the context of we do not know what respect gear Funzio might release later. There is a non-zero chance that every item of respect gear may become obsolete.

Imagine the gnashing of teeth if Funzio releases respect melee gear that makes Chain Whips obsolete.

But if they released a 35A/25D melee, it would cost 1,500 RP...yes, you would have a new end game item, but not a realistic chance of obtaining a lot of them, along with the other end game RP weapons...It would actually make for more choices on how to spend RP...and CWs might still be the optimal choice for many

jobadass
04-23-2012, 01:20 PM
I've started saving all RPs, I've pondered the "what works best for me" question many times. I kind of wish I wouldn't have bought so many low and middle level RP items. I've got a ton of Combat boots and NVBs. I mean who really needs 420 NVBs?
If I was to start spending RP again it would absolutely be on chain whips. I only have 50 and Melee is where I would get the most bang for the buck.

Amber_
04-23-2012, 01:40 PM
I'm not too interested in FCG, as the combination of NVB and FBI shields is only a little worse but takes A LOT less effort. The combo produces essentially a 16/24 armor item, which is comparable to the FCG, but a lot cheaper.

Exactly. Someone that thinks like me :) this is what i suggest to people. FCG is crap imo.

Ghost818
04-23-2012, 01:42 PM
I have 45K respect saved up so far, saving it in case they introduce anything new in the future.

jobadass
04-23-2012, 01:43 PM
Exactly. Someone that thinks like me :) this is what i suggest to people. FCG is crap imo.
I don't see the real value in them either, but I own 9...Thug life and HH rewards possibly?

jobadass
04-23-2012, 01:44 PM
I have 45K respect saved up so far, saving it in case they introduce anything new in the future.
I'm at 16 but now tempted to go and bu 21 chain whips.. I'm only on TL 229, so I'll have time to earn more RP...I guess