PDA

View Full Version : Chain Whip all the way?

SevenO9
04-22-2012, 10:52 PM
Lvl 100 and just hit my goal of getting 200 CWs. So I did some analysis and realized I still get 20/14 from them and have only ~10 melee items with better stats.

So am I right to buy CWs until 400+ or am I missing something? Is there a HL melee weapon that even compares to the CW?

xclusiv
04-22-2012, 10:53 PM
yeah id just go with the chainwhips till you get like 400 and then move on to something else.

in saying that there is these items tonfas 24/19 and iron fist 30/19 but its takes 2-3days to get one. and sometimes you might not depending on the drop.

<3 Hz
04-22-2012, 10:56 PM
Definitely, I have 240 and still pick up 18/14 for each one I get.

Bala82
04-22-2012, 11:48 PM
At what level does chain whip become available ?

Chiefer
04-22-2012, 11:53 PM
Chain whips are good, It would be better if the rest of the game wasn't there to be bought in gold. But Chain whips are still good. Better than the nonsense they give for a waste of 15g opening a box of some sorts.

murf
04-23-2012, 05:34 AM
Lvl 100 and just hit my goal of getting 200 CWs. So I did some analysis and realized I still get 20/14 from them and have only ~10 melee items with better stats.

So am I right to buy CWs until 400+ or am I missing something? Is there a HL melee weapon that even compares to the CW?

Yeah, I went to 400, and decided to fill in the rest with odd drops from the events and Reinforced Tonfa...My order went NVB, CW and now Exceleros (after 150, I might switch back and forth with RPGs)

Rhino72
04-23-2012, 05:37 AM
Definitely, I have 240 and still pick up 18/14 for each one I get.

+ 1 here. I am at 270 and still picking up 18 / 14. I am going to update my inventory sheet later this morning but I think they are well worth it even at 350. Other than gold and new map end bosses this is a great end game spend with rp.

Max Power
04-23-2012, 05:59 AM
At what level does chain whip become available ?

I believe level 55.

sez
04-23-2012, 06:04 AM
Yes, best melee weapon IMO. I have used a good amount of gold, I'm lvl 175'ish and I still get 17 attack from a new Whip.

Sasha54
04-23-2012, 08:28 AM
+ 1 here. I am at 270 and still picking up 18 / 14. I am going to update my inventory sheet later this morning but I think they are well worth it even at 350. Other than gold and new map end bosses this is a great end game spend with rp.

For armor - is the Full Combat Gear good to keep getting for 800 R's?

I'm still doing CW and for vehicle I'm not at the level for exceleros so still doing the YRB.....

Babytway
04-23-2012, 08:30 AM
i just reached 300 exceleros think im gonna switch to chain whips later on this week

Vile Lynn
04-23-2012, 08:42 AM
i just reached 300 exceleros...
mmm... 300 Exeleros! WTG!

As far as attack points go: CW are awesome! and always replace much weaker melee items unlike guns. Every RPG I buy replaces on of my my beloved M4's when attacking.

J-Rizzi
04-23-2012, 08:47 AM
I'm glad you brought this up. I am at level 96. I've never saved Respect before, but accrued 21K of it right now thinking when the RPG unlocks at 100, I should buy that instead. I have 92 CW, getting about 21/18 from them. I see people are posting they have 100s of CW...is that the general consensus...to go CW instead of RPG, even when the RPG unlocks at 100? My attack is 13815 and Defense 15489 if that plays into your decision. Also, I make my 12/24/48 collections on time, so defense isn't really important to me, I'm just a guy who likes to rob. Thanks in advance for your opinions.

murf
04-23-2012, 09:17 AM
For armor - is the Full Combat Gear good to keep getting for 800 R's?

I'm still doing CW and for vehicle I'm not at the level for exceleros so still doing the YRB.....

It depends on your focus (attack or defense)....the arguments are 800 RP for 17A/27D is very reasonable from a defensive perspective, however 300RP for 16A/16D and later adding FBI shields 1A/24D for $1.5mm/each is the late game strategy that I and (I believe others) have adopted as well.

Vile Lynn
04-23-2012, 09:31 AM
Did you get enough M4's? If so, go for the CW (25/19).

Compairing guns with guns: The M4's (20/22) and RPG (36/14)... The RPG is a better attack weapon, but the M4 is a better defense weapon. Since I like having a high attack & concentrate more on my attack stat, it would be good for me to get more RPGs and replace my M4's with RPGs, leaving the M4's as a gun defense weapon.

The CW is good for both attack & defense as most melee weapons are weak - under 15/15.

My point: Gotta keep att & def scores separated as different items are used when attacking & defending.
(sorta like explosives: I use 0 att bombs when defending, unless it is the time bomb that is 2/2. Make sense?)

i need muney
04-23-2012, 09:46 AM
@ OP
Yes. I'm at 360 and they still give me 18 points to attack. That is 750/18=41.6(6) RP per attack point, cheaper than any other RP item.

Swifty
04-23-2012, 10:15 AM
I am getting an increment of 10 attack for NVB, so that is 300/10 = 30 respect/attack.

I am getting an increment of 18 attack for CW, so that is 750/18 = 42 respect/attack.

So each player's case is going to be different depending on inventory and mafia size.

Vile Lynn
04-23-2012, 10:21 AM
So each player's case is going to be different depending on inventory and mafia size.

Once again, Swifty... Excellent point!

(I need to do more math with my numbers... Maybe during this break between events I'll have some time, heh.)

SevenO9
04-23-2012, 11:27 AM
I am getting an increment of 10 attack for NVB, so that is 300/10 = 30 respect/attack.

I am getting an increment of 18 attack for CW, so that is 750/18 = 42 respect/attack.

imho the current gain / respect is only one factor. as my overall stats are strong and therefore get little attacks i am looking into long term contribution which currently favors CWs as they are kind of "best in slot" items (apart from some event / gold item)

anyways thanks on the contribution everyone

Max Power
04-23-2012, 11:38 AM

As with most things in this game, the short term value would seem to be with NVBs, but since there is a fixed number of mob members, a strong argument can be made for weapons better suited towards end game.

Your value would appear to be immediately with 2 NVBs rather than 1 CW, but once you replace NVBs, you can never get those respect points back.

The Yamaha Race Bike is a perfect example of that.

i need muney
04-23-2012, 11:44 AM
Well yeah, that's what I think too. But actually there's not much you can replace NVB's with attack wise. And if you're into UWV and FBI's then I can see them being a VERY long term investment. 200-300 won't hurt :)

Vile Lynn
04-23-2012, 11:45 AM
The Yamaha Race Bike is a perfect example of that.

Good point, Max... Exactly why I waited & saved RP for the Exeleros.

Swifty
04-23-2012, 12:00 PM
+1 i need muney

Going to take me a very long time to replace NVBs as attack armor unless Funzio releases some new gear.

i need muney
04-23-2012, 12:13 PM
+1 i need muney

Going to take me a very long time to replace NVBs as attack armor unless Funzio releases some new gear.
And furthermore, there's not much point replacing them. FCG and Mecha is a +1 bump. that's a maximum boost of 500 attack for a HUGE amount of effort. Defence wise I would rather stock up FBI's (and I do :)) and complement them with whatever events, tapjoyed crates and bosses give me. The main reason is that it goes in parallel with RP items, you don't have to do another gazillion fights to stock on FCG to get like 1k def over FBI shields.

Pikachu
04-23-2012, 12:13 PM
NVB ---> Chain Whip ---> Exelero

NVB will eventually (in the far, far, far, future) be replaced by FCG. FCG only gives a +1 attack, so that's a lot of effort for 500 attack. But nonetheless, they are a great investment if you want wins now instead of more wins later.

frenda
04-23-2012, 12:16 PM
+1 i need muney

+1 for both comments. I think NVBs are still the best bang for the buck. A lot of something is better, IMHO, than a few of something slightly better.

Vile Lynn
04-23-2012, 12:24 PM
I bet I am pretty low with attack armor... been buying a lot of Blast Shields (1/19) instead of banking* the $ because I haven't committed to buying tons of FCG, yet. I'm still waiting for more (new) HL RP items.

*I'd rather buy equipment than bank money. I bank the leftovers.

Sasha54
04-23-2012, 12:39 PM
And furthermore, there's not much point replacing them. FCG and Mecha is a +1 bump. that's a maximum boost of 500 attack for a HUGE amount of effort. Defence wise I would rather stock up FBI's (and I do :)) and complement them with whatever events, tapjoyed crates and bosses give me. The main reason is that it goes in parallel with RP items, you don't have to do another gazillion fight to stock on FCG to get like 1k def over FBI shields.

Can you translate this for me please...........:confused:

what's Mecha and +1 bump, and what is the 500 attack for a HUGE amount of effort........

I get the main point - don't waste my RP's on Combat Gear......

pluxfan2
04-23-2012, 12:45 PM
Vile Lynn

Why do you think we will get new HL RP items?. They havent added any since the inception of the game. Funzio like to talk about keeping balance in the game. Im not so sure they will (though I hope I am wrong). However I think we could see an explosive item in the near future.

i need muney
04-23-2012, 12:49 PM
Can you translate this for me please...........:confused:

what's Mecha and +1 bump, and what is the 500 attack for a HUGE amount of effort........

I get the main point - don't waste my RP's on Combat Gear......
Mecha armor is a drop from Ma Cheng. It has 17 attack, same as FCG. So it's a +1 bump over NVG that has 16 attack.
So even if you get 500 FCG vs 500 NVG it will only give 500 more attack points for x2.6 the price.

jkl
04-23-2012, 05:00 PM
Hey Vile Lynn. For some odd reason, I have this same "gut feeling" that new (r) items are coming and have been banking (r) for a bit now. JoeyCool said the same thing as pluxfan2 - why do I think this since there has never been a new (r) item? My answer - I don't know why, I just do??? VL, are we the only two out there that thinks new respect items are coming or are you an eternal optimist like I am?!? Anyone else remember any mysterious posts from CC Mark or some other hint that this was coming or do I need to increase my meds again and stop listening to those pesky voices in my head?

Vile Lynn

Why do you think we will get new HL RP items?. They havent added any since the inception of the game. Funzio like to talk about keeping balance in the game. Im not so sure they will (though I hope I am wrong). However I think we could see an explosive item in the near future.

Plux
04-23-2012, 05:15 PM
I'm going the Reinforced Tonfu/Full Combat Gear route, the odd Mech Suit helps.

mnju_03
04-23-2012, 05:22 PM

Ah....what?

deuces
04-23-2012, 05:32 PM
Ah....what?

Reinforced tonfa is a 24/19 melee drop from one of the final bosses. it drops i think 72% tonfas, 22% mechanic suits (17/33 armor) and chinese assault rifle (35/23ish gun)

So hes gonna spend his rp on full combat gear and farm tonfas instead of spending respect on chainwhips.

mnju_03
04-23-2012, 05:35 PM
Reinforced tonfa is a 24/19 melee drop from one of the final bosses. it drops i think 72% tonfas, 22% mechanic suits (17/33 armor) and chinese assault rifle (35/23ish gun)

So hes gonna spend his rp on full combat gear and farm tonfas instead of spending respect on chainwhips.

I figured it was loot... I never followed these new maps/info. Ty.

Pikachu
04-23-2012, 05:43 PM
2-3 days for one loot item? They must be end game level items if people are spending 2-3 days worth of energy to get ONE.

mnju_03
04-23-2012, 05:45 PM
I guess I want that next event item now... lol

Pikachu
04-23-2012, 05:47 PM
I guess I want that next event item now... lol

Yeah, makes it a bit more desirable now. :)

emcee
04-23-2012, 05:52 PM
The best strategy imo is to not concentrate on one category highest respect item but to spread it around between adding one melee then armor and then vehicles for instance. It isn't wise to add 400 chain whips for instance and to not concentrate on armor in the meantime. These days with special events popping up every few weeks as well as mission reward goals you don't need a full complement of chain whips for instance in the long run as eventually they will replace them. So adding one top tiered respect item from each category will work best. Of course this only applies to end game top tiered respect items for now. Due to the fact that chain whips unlock first its best to use respect if you are losing many fights/robberies. By delaying the use of respect can ensure better utilization in case Funzio introduce better end game respect items.

Rocky35
04-23-2012, 06:09 PM
The best strategy imo is to not concentrate on one category highest respect item but to spread it around between adding one melee then armor and then vehicles for instance. It isn't wise to add 400 chain whips for instance and to not concentrate on armor in the meantime. These days with special events popping up every few weeks as well as mission reward goals you don't need a full complement of chain whips for instance in the long run as eventually they will replace them. So adding one top tiered respect item from each category will work best. Of course this only applies to end game top tiered respect items for now. Due to the fact that chain whips unlock first its best to use respect if you are losing many fights/robberies. By delaying the use of respect can ensure better utilization in case Funzio introduce better end game respect items.

+1

I'm balancing between CWs and Exceleros. I would get one CW and then excelero the next, and so on. I agree that Funzio will eventually incorporate new weapons, and don't want to waste all Respect for just one type of weapons. If you're weak and really need it, then use it. But there's always a chance of new weapons, and it's good to have a bank of 50,000 Respect sitting there to use.

deuces
04-23-2012, 06:17 PM

This can be true under certain circumstances, but for most it will not be.

Even if you want to stop at 250 just to be safe and hope you'll somehow get 250 event items to cover the rest of them...theres still a best option for your respect. Its quite easy to use the respect calculator in blondealex's sig or get even more in depth and use one of the detailed spreadsheets that have been provided lately.

Figure out what you're replacing in each category, plug it into the respect calculator, and it will tell you the best current use of your respect. Buy that item, then do the whole calculation again if you want...the best item to buy will not have changed.

mdtacor
04-23-2012, 06:55 PM
I prefer the Night Vision Binoculars...for 300R I'm getting 11/8

i need muney
04-23-2012, 09:54 PM
Another possible tactic, that I realized too late. Althought It won't save you from getting CW's unless you get next events item.