PDA

View Full Version : Noob question on attacking and defending

Mad
04-22-2012, 08:19 PM
I am at level 24 with 9 allies. This means when I attack or defend I do it with my 45 best defenders or attackers as long as we each have the same number of allies.

However what happens when I attack someone with 11 allies is the battle based on them throwing their 45 best defending units at my 45 best attacking units or is it based on their number, I throw my 55 best attacking units at there 55 best defending units. Or is it my 45 best attacking units against there 55 best defending units?

The reason I am asking is I have seen some with more allies but though their defense is high, based on the number of units they are throwing into battle it seems they are actually weaker, if that makes sense. My attack per unit is probably stronger than their defense per unit, if that makes sense to anyone.

I am not at the level where people with more allies can attack someone with fewer, but when that happens is the battle based on the lower or higher ally count.

This forum has been invaluable to me, I learned here it is no use adding allies until you have the proper units to fill the additional unit requirements.

War Priest
04-22-2012, 08:24 PM
It would be your best vs their best, weather they attack you or you attack them.

If you look at the top of the battle results page, it will tell you how many units you brought and how many units they brought into battle.

Mad
04-22-2012, 08:35 PM
It would be your best 45 vs their best 55, weather they attack you or you attack them.

If you look at the top of the battle results page, it will tell you how many units you brought and how many units they brought into battle.

Thanks for this. So it would be my total attack score based on my 45 units versus the total defense scores of his 55. I wasn't going to attack someone with more allies until I checked here first.

War Priest
04-22-2012, 08:42 PM
Thanks for this. So it would be my total attack score based on my 45 units versus the total defense scores of his 55. I wasn't going to attack someone with more allies until I checked here first.

Remember that boost buildings do not show up on your rivals defense and attack score though. So it could be higher than what it shows. I don't remember what is all unlocked at level 24.

Corsair
04-22-2012, 09:30 PM
One correction, the multiplier is 4, not 5. So with 9 allies you will bring 36 units. Like WP said, boosts are the wild card. Yours factor into your score, but you can't see theirs. Not a huge deal at your level, I think only the infantry boost is available then. Look for that building, on the odd chance you find someone with it factor that in, but since it only applies to infantry and then not much unless it is upgraded it is not a huge factor.

You can easily attack rivals with much higher ally counts if their density is lower than yours, as you noted when you said "My attack per unit is probably stronger than their defense per unit, if that makes sense to anyone". Just go based on their defense value vs your attack value and don't worry about the ally counts.

Thunder Child
04-23-2012, 04:05 AM
Remember that boost buildings do not show up on your rivals defense and attack score though. So it could be higher than what it shows. I don't remember what is all unlocked at level 24.
If you're not in a mad rush when you raid or attack, you could of course take a look around your rivals base and see if and what boost buildings he has. A quick mental adjustment to his stats will then give you a rough idea of how your 'true' stats stack up against his...

Bronson
04-23-2012, 04:37 AM
I seen "noob question" in the title and was thinking not TC again lol

I see it was not you who started the thread but the looks on the forum you are finishing a lot of them off!!

Thunder Child
04-23-2012, 04:44 AM
One does ones best, old chap!

Bronson
04-23-2012, 04:57 AM
One does ones best, old chap!

Pip pip to that old bean

Corsair
04-23-2012, 07:34 AM
Your allies bring 4 units, and you bring 1 unit.
OK, this is confusing. If so, why does the combat results page only show a number of units used equal to 4 times the number of allies? This is true for both attacker and defender. And when I was at lower levels, my attack/defense values always seemed to be based on that same number (I haven't done the math in a long time, too many units now). If there is another unit brought by you, shouldn't the numbers reflect it, so you'd see (max allies * 4) + 1? Or am I just missing something?

War Priest
04-23-2012, 10:53 AM
OK, this is confusing. If so, why does the combat results page only show a number of units used equal to 4 times the number of allies? This is true for both attacker and defender. And when I was at lower levels, my attack/defense values always seemed to be based on that same number (I haven't done the math in a long time, too many units now). If there is another unit brought by you, shouldn't the numbers reflect it, so you'd see (max allies * 4) + 1? Or am I just missing something?

Your right. I must have been thinking of something else...

Apologies.

Jp lfs
04-23-2012, 11:34 AM
The country bonus can have a hidden effect on their stats, too. But at your level, no offense, it it probably not worth calculating. The skill point "x-factor" also plays in... but basically if you have at least 40% higher stats, you are (usually) safe to attack, regardless of ally count. Be careful picking on low ally players, though, as they could add a bunch of allies and come back at you. My LLP is in that range, and my troop density is HUGE compared to most others in that range. It makes for fun PvP'ing.

Corsair
04-23-2012, 11:56 AM
Your right. I must have been thinking of something else...

Apologies.
No problem. Probably thinking of the max # of allies per level. Level * 5 is max allies, max allies * 4 is # of units engaged in battle.

Be careful picking on low ally players, though, as they could add a bunch of allies and come back at you. My LLP is in that range, and my troop density is HUGE compared to most others in that range. It makes for fun PvP'ing.
I am finding this out also. I had one guy ally up to get away from me but he was still too weak to attack effectively. When you get a density much above the majority in your level, it starts to get fun. Have to rein in a little to keep from leveling too much!