PDA

View Full Version : Help please?

Dipstik
04-22-2012, 01:09 PM
Can anyone tell me if its possible to log into my game after my ipad walked away and I was forced to replace it?

Ghost818
04-22-2012, 01:13 PM
Can anyone tell me if its possible to log into my game after my ipad walked away and I was forced to replace it?

If you remember your code, or some how know your UDID for your lost Ipad and new one, contact support they may be able to help you.

Dipstik
04-22-2012, 01:18 PM
In other words, "no." I was hoping for an answer that was linked to either my itunes account or "Game Center" which would mean I could do it myself. If I need customer support to do something for me, it means I won't be opening my last credit card tonight. The final kick in the pants... I missed the last day of the last event when my ISP crapped out on me, and then this one my ipad gets stolen. Fun.

Well... I suppose I could use this opportunity to just start over. I wouldn't get my 200 or so M4s, but I could play smarter the 2nd time around. Not that I was doing badly before.

Ghost818
04-22-2012, 01:34 PM
In other words, "no." I was hoping for an answer that was linked to either my itunes account or "Game Center" which would mean I could do it myself. If I need customer support to do something for me, it means I won't be opening my last credit card tonight. The final kick in the pants... I missed the last day of the last event when my ISP crapped out on me, and then this one my ipad gets stolen. Fun.

Well... I suppose I could use this opportunity to just start over. I wouldn't get my 200 or so M4s, but I could play smarter the 2nd time around. Not that I was doing badly before.

You wont be getting your last credit cards anyway? Didnt you say the device you were playing on got stolen?

Kinda didnt make sense maybe you can clarify your comment?

Dipstik
04-22-2012, 01:39 PM
Yeah... my ipad got stolen (my fault, honestly... I forgot it in a public place, and it was gone when I went back to get it, obviously). I bought a replacement because it's pretty much a business necessity for me. I figured if I backed up my ipad from my laptop I'd be able to log into crime city as normal, but I can't. If I need to wait a few days to get support to help me out, I miss the end of the event, so I will not be opening #10 tonight.

Ghost818
04-22-2012, 01:41 PM
Yeah... my ipad got stolen (my fault, honestly... I forgot it in a public place, and it was gone when I went back to get it, obviously). I bought a replacement because it's pretty much a business necessity for me. I figured if I backed up my ipad from my laptop I'd be able to log into crime city as normal, but I can't. If I need to wait a few days to get support to help me out, I miss the end of the event, so I will not be opening #10 tonight.

What I dont get is you aren't gonna contact support to try and get back your account anyway?

Can't seem to find the reasoning behind that unless you truly want to start from scratch.

Sorry if my first post was unclear.

Dipstik
04-22-2012, 01:42 PM
Or, to put it in terms that might be more understandable to people on this forum.. *ahem*

"DAMMIT I SPENT $400, AND I STILL CAN'T OPEN THE TENTH CREDIT CARD!!!!"

I'm silly.

edit for cross-post: Yes, I'll do that, but they won't get back to me until tomorrow. It's a solution, but not the one I was hoping for.

Ghost818
04-22-2012, 01:50 PM
Or, to put it in terms that might be more understandable to people on this forum.. *ahem*

"DAMMIT I SPENT $400, AND I STILL CAN'T OPEN THE TENTH CREDIT CARD!!!!"

I'm silly.

edit for cross-post: Yes, I'll do that, but they won't get back to me until tomorrow. It's a solution, but not the one I was hoping for.

Sorry lol, your post just wasn't clear because the emotions were clouding the main argument. I do understand you though, that really sucks man, where did you leave it?

Dipstik
04-22-2012, 01:55 PM
Pretty sure I set it on top of my car as I was getting my kid out of the car seat. Kind of hard to know for sure, but as soon as I realized I didn't have it on me, that was what popped into my head. Retraced my steps everywhere, and it's gone. I really can't even blame someone for walking away with it when I do something that dumb.

QPR
04-22-2012, 02:01 PM
That's a mighty shame especially considering some of your earlier comments. That my friend is karma

Dipstik
04-22-2012, 02:03 PM
you're still a whiney *****, qpr.

Dipstik
04-22-2012, 02:04 PM
What I can't say *****? Hmmm... substitutes... What do they say across the pond? Wanker?

QPR
04-22-2012, 02:07 PM
Not whining at all. Just returning the favour for your earlier comments, "Dipstik".

Dipstik
04-22-2012, 02:09 PM
I am not accusing you of whining now, just reiterating my earlier comments laughing at you.

Fig Oni
04-22-2012, 02:13 PM
Pretty sure I set it on top of my car as I was getting my kid out of the car seat. Kind of hard to know for sure, but as soon as I realized I didn't have it on me, that was what popped into my head. Retraced my steps everywhere, and it's gone. I really can't even blame someone for walking away with it when I do something that dumb.

iCloud has a app called find my phone, didn't you set it up on your ipad.

It's very useful app for reason, like what happened with you.

Dipstik
04-22-2012, 02:16 PM
It was an ipad 1... no icloud, I believe, and I don't remember setting anything up like that. I will DEFINITELY be doing so on my new one.

jobadass
04-22-2012, 02:29 PM
sorry, wrong guy.

Chiefer
04-22-2012, 02:48 PM

I really don't want to see a forum member loose their M4-A1's. Please just hold out and let Funzio fix you. Happened to me before in the past. Got my account back.

Chiefer
04-22-2012, 02:50 PM
Sorry lol, your post just wasn't clear because the emotions were clouding the main argument. I do understand you though, that really sucks man, where did you leave it?

I couldn't help but chieft on this..... Everyone has emotions and if you cannot read them what are you?

Dipstik
04-22-2012, 02:52 PM
Well I could do some things over that i regret, such as wasting RP on a bunch of race bikes and choosing "Agent." Although I suppose the time it would take me to get back to level 140 would be longer than it would take to earn my wasted RP back and get enough tapjoy gold to upgrade to goodfella... I guess I won't start over.

I also wish I'd named myself "Alex" so I could hide in the rivals list =P I'm still working on making my entire mob out of people named "Alex"

jobadass
04-22-2012, 02:58 PM
If it makes you feel any better Dipstik, I'm gonna farm your hood. I mean, Why not? What time do your A bldgs go off?

Dipstik
04-22-2012, 03:06 PM
Go nuts... not like I'm collecting them any time soon. Not gonna advertise my collection times though =P

Ghost818
04-22-2012, 03:09 PM
I couldn't help but chieft on this..... Everyone has emotions and if you cannot read them what are you?
Stop trolling, his main post reeks of anger and a little sorrow, it clouds his main argument and is hard understanding whether he wanted to start over or not.

No offense OP.

Dipstik
04-22-2012, 03:17 PM
Not me! That path leads to the dark side!

*locate this ipad definitely turned on. Thanks for the advice.

Fig Oni
04-22-2012, 03:21 PM
Not me! That path leads to the dark side!

*locate this ipad definitely turned on. Thanks for the advice.

No problem.