PDA

View Full Version : Why am I losing fights when my attact is higher than their defense

skeeterz71
04-22-2012, 10:19 AM
Hi,

New to the forum. I have run into a problem since leveling up to 22. My attack at this time is 1037. I just attacked someone with a 772 defense. I won the first fight. Lost the next 6. Can anybody explain why this is happening? This is not the only time. It seems like every fight I get into since leveling up has gone this way.

Thanks

623 535 714

iteachem
04-22-2012, 10:33 AM
Hey Skeeterz... welcome to the forums...

I am sure one of the more veteran players will link you to a guide, but until then here is my experience: If I want to be sure that I win all attacks against a player, I need to be significantly higher than their defense. Double is what I shoot for when I am attacking just to collect respect. If I rob someone I can be fairly successful being similar in stats to them.

The lower the difference, the more likely I am to loose. There is also the affect of skill points which factor into a true defense and attack and this piece is somewhat of a mystery as to how they impact the fight.

General observation, the closer you are to someone the more likely you lose

Pikachu
04-22-2012, 10:34 AM
Only thing I can think of is skill points... Maybe he put all his points into defense...

iteachem
04-22-2012, 10:41 AM
For robberies the balance favors the robber. I just robbed a guy and I have an 11k attack. His Def was 13K and I won 6 of 6.. But if I tried to attack him I am pretty sure I would lose.

iteachem
04-22-2012, 10:48 AM
Found this in a sticky

Player vs. Player

Combat System: Lets talk about PvP. So just how does the magical combat system work. First off Mob. A little review, for every level of your character you can have 5 mobsters in combat up to a maximum of 500 mobsters at level 100. (This could very well be raised in the future) If you want to gain mob google "toucharcade forums crimecity mob" and you'll find a gold mine of player ids or check people's comments when you go rob them. Why is mob important? Cause each Mobster or Mobsteress can carry 1 gun, 1 melee weapon, 1 armor, and 1 vehicle. The best combination of these makes up your attack/defense rating. Cool. You go to attack someone you look at their defense rating you see its two hundred below your attack and you lose when attacking. WTF? Funzio has some attack defense system they keep secret. You attack you get a multiplier within reason that is probably somewhere between .9 and 1.1 or somewhere thereabouts, defense gets their own multiplier. Its not horrific or insurmountable so deal with it and go for crushing victories where your stats are substantially higher.

Notes:This is just my guesstimation of how the combat system works. If you know the real mechanism. Say it. Also a common misconception your fellow mafia's attack/defense that are in your mob has no impact on your actual combat attack/defense rating.

A Common Glitch You Should Know About: "Mickey you lied to me, you two toed liar! I'm not using all my best items in battle, I'm just using my top sixteen rows and three columns or in other words 48 different item types. For a total of 158 items when I'm level twenty have 100 mobsters 100 melee weapons, 100 guns and 100 armor and should be using 300 items." Hey you've been listening. Don't worry, this is just a glitch that Funzio is working on with the Fight Results screen and has no bearing on your actual attack vs defense in the battle.

Robberies: "Weak miscreants keep stealing my hard earn ice cream stall money even though my defense is substantially higher than their attack!" Robberies work differently than actually attacking opponents. Base defense ratings are cut in halfish when being robbed since it is easier to get a higher defense rating than a high attack rating. A couple things to keep in mind. Each building has its own defense rating. More expensive and higher level buildings generally do better in defense. Towers and defense buildings defense values during robberies are not halved, and are a useful tool to stop robberies just be careful to not overbuild them and hurt your economy. (Waiting for dust to settle Robberies rules have changed a bit and may change again)

skeeterz71
04-22-2012, 11:13 AM
Thanks!
I have lost to even lower defense. But, it is what it is. I just want my 3 minute time slots to not go to waste!