PDA

View Full Version : Miserly guests

YLL
04-22-2012, 08:39 AM
I've been getting far more visitors to my KA establishment than my MW one... and they're mostly very miserly in the tips they leave (many don't even leave any). :mad: I'm happy to leave the welcome mat out but come on, people - please be generous and open your wallets, I have mouths to feed and facilities to upgrade to keep attracting your custom... :p;)

Njwmrb
04-22-2012, 09:18 AM
Yeah I woke up with 20 notifications one night. got a few hundred gold too though :)

YLL
04-22-2012, 09:26 AM
I particularly appreciate those generous souls who leave me 30-60 pieces of gold, hehe... :D

Freekizh
04-22-2012, 09:36 AM
Are you kidding me?? I like to double dip if they leave that much! "please sir I want some more"

:) :)

YLL
04-22-2012, 09:39 AM
Well, I usually pay such good customers a return visit to their establishments - but unfortunately, they tend to have given away or spent much of their largesse by then... :rolleyes:

Everson25
04-22-2012, 09:55 AM
I've been receiving quite a lot of visitors. Last night I had one that attacked me and left me 205. It's not a bad beginning for me. It's going just a bit slow. I hope I will b doing lots of pvp soon.

girlcreeture
04-22-2012, 12:36 PM
Hello,

How do we tip? I didn't see it in the FAQ, thanks!

YLL
04-22-2012, 12:42 PM
girlcreeture: I was being tongue-in-cheek there (i.e. joking). If you have unvaulted cash, attack another player and lose, you will leave that other player a percentage of your cash. If you pay me a visit, please leave as much of your cash unvaulted as possible. ;)

Ghost818
04-22-2012, 12:43 PM
Hello,

How do we tip? I didn't see it in the FAQ, thanks!
Tip? you would go to someone who you want to "tip" with your cash not banked, and attack them and lose. Give them a tip.

girlcreeture
04-22-2012, 12:50 PM
girlcreeture: I was being tongue-in-cheek there (i.e. joking). If you have unvaulted cash, attack another player and lose, you will leave that other player a percentage of your cash. If you pay me a visit, please leave as much of your cash unvaulted as possible. ;)

Gotcha, I have my $$ vaulted but didn't realize this was a sarcasm thread, thanks ;)

Kudu22
04-22-2012, 12:58 PM
41 attacks but 0 defeats on me in a day. I do like the tips but leveling me up twice unwanted is getting out of control. I don't think anyone is checking the defense. I am only level 6 but have a 187A 329D. So much for camping.

Gixxxah_Ridah
04-22-2012, 01:02 PM
kudu, i was winning a lot of the attacks i was getting so i stopped buying items and increasing my A/D scores. id rather lose those unwanted matchups now and keep my level low. I'll worry about winning all my fights/attacks later on down the road.

Everson25
04-22-2012, 01:56 PM
kudu, i was winning a lot of the attacks i was getting so i stopped buying items and increasing my A/D scores. id rather lose those unwanted matchups now and keep my level low. I'll worry about winning all my fights/attacks later on down the road.
I levelled twice during my camping time. I didn't attack anyone yet but I already have over 100 attacks from other players. I lost my first of the day and was curious to know more about my rival. When I went to see his base I was surprise because he didn't have much but when I checked his units I saw some gem ones. It looks some are spending already. One more reason for me to be patient and wait.

Kudu22
04-22-2012, 02:14 PM
I was hoping a good defense would let me build and upgrade...and it has but I really thought players wouldn't attack before checking stats first like they tend to do in MW. I wanted to sit at level 4 and build but now pushing level 7 with attacks from people with under a 50 attack stat to my 329 D.

YLL
04-23-2012, 02:01 PM
One guy just attacked me and lost three times in a row - first, he left me 57 gold, then 0, then 24 gold... Can't understand his logic, not that I'm complaining about the attention. And sadly, I can't repay his generosity with reciprocal visits as KA keeps crashing on me when I try to attack or raid. :(

Freekizh
05-05-2012, 08:56 AM
I had a first class visitor come by yesterday...he tipped me 1600 gold.

Futon
05-05-2012, 09:29 AM
One guy just attacked me and lost three times in a row - first, he left me 57 gold, then 0, then 24 gold... Can't understand his logic, not that I'm complaining about the attention. And sadly, I can't repay his generosity with reciprocal visits as KA keeps crashing on me when I try to attack or raid. :(

I've done this a few times. This is my first type of this game so at first i didn't understand why i was losing, i didn't realize i could check other peoples stats. Now if i do it, it's because it shows them with tons of gold and i have better stats but still end up losing somehow. Sometimes i'll have better stats and win 2-3 and lose 1, then win 2 more against the same person... i don't get it but if you have lots of gold i'm gonna keep banging at the door.

I guess i don't care as much about my stats since i screwed them up so badly learning the game in the first place :p

YLL
05-05-2012, 04:07 PM
I've done this a few times. This is my first type of this game so at first i didn't understand why i was losing, i didn't realize i could check other peoples stats. Now if i do it, it's because it shows them with tons of gold and i have better stats but still end up losing somehow. Sometimes i'll have better stats and win 2-3 and lose 1, then win 2 more against the same person... i don't get it but if you have lots of gold i'm gonna keep banging at the door.

I guess i don't care as much about my stats since i screwed them up so badly learning the game in the first place :p

Generally speaking, the player with the better stats will usually win. I stress "usually" because there's two elements about this game that you have to keep in mind: 1) chance, and 2) skill points and other modifiers.

KA and MW (haven't played CC) clearly have an element of chance (as you describe) that is stat differential-dependent. In other words, chance is more evident when players stats are more similar. If you are only slightly superior to your opponent, the smaller the gap, the larger the proportion of your attacks will be unsuccessful.

With regards the second, you may think that there is clear daylight to your opponent. However, various modifiers like skill points don't show up in the player stats (at least, I don't think skill points do - it's been a long time since I bothered to consider such things, so my memory is hazy). These will logically have a more pronounced effect in the lower levels - purely for illustration, if the attacker has 60 attack and the defender has 50 defence plus 10 defence skill points, a fair proportion of attacks are likely to fail. In contrast, if the attacker has 600 attack and the defender has 500 defence and 10 defence skill points, then most (if not all) attacks should succeed.

By the way, if you grow to love KA, your stats can be salvaged and indeed improved vastly as you play more games - but this will be harder if you keep screwing yourself! So, if you're gonna attack seemingly rich players, make sure all your gold is vaulted (i.e. unraidable; otherwise, you could well attract "return visits") - and don't attack someone more than once if it's clear that all of his gold is vaulted. Also, attack only if the unvaulted gold amount is such that your winnings make the losses worthwhile - no point losing units worth 1000 gold to earn 10 gold!

PS Whenever possible, I deliberately keep my unspent gold at just below my vault limit. I also emphasise defence skill points and have no diffence buildings on my base... Well, I actually have one, but it's hidden behind my barracks (for the enjoyment of "honour" raiders), hehe. ;)

YLL
05-05-2012, 04:10 PM
I had a first class visitor come by yesterday...he tipped me 1600 gold.

I am so jealous! The best I've had is 416 gold a couple of days ago, but then I'm only still at Level 18.

Freekizh
05-05-2012, 05:22 PM
I am so jealous! The best I've had is 416 gold a couple of days ago, but then I'm only still at Level 18.

Well he can afford it. He has 200k gold.

Futon
05-05-2012, 06:30 PM
Generally speaking, the player with the better stats will usually win. I stress "usually" because there's two elements about this game that you have to keep in mind: 1) chance, and 2) skill points and other modifiers.

KA and MW (haven't played CC) clearly have an element of chance (as you describe) that is stat differential-dependent. In other words, chance is more evident when players stats are more similar. If you are only slightly superior to your opponent, the smaller the gap, the larger the proportion of your attacks will be unsuccessful.

With regards the second, you may think that there is clear daylight to your opponent. However, various modifiers like skill points don't show up in the player stats (at least, I don't think skill points do - it's been a long time since I bothered to consider such things, so my memory is hazy). These will logically have a more pronounced effect in the lower levels - purely for illustration, if the attacker has 60 attack and the defender has 50 defence plus 10 defence skill points, a fair proportion of attacks are likely to fail. In contrast, if the attacker has 600 attack and the defender has 500 defence and 10 defence skill points, then most (if not all) attacks should succeed.

By the way, if you grow to love KA, your stats can be salvaged and indeed improved vastly as you play more games - but this will be harder if you keep screwing yourself! So, if you're gonna attack seemingly rich players, make sure all your gold is vaulted (i.e. unraidable; otherwise, you could well attract "return visits") - and don't attack someone more than once if it's clear that all of his gold is vaulted. Also, attack only if the unvaulted gold amount is such that your winnings make the losses worthwhile - no point losing units worth 1000 gold to earn 10 gold!

PS Whenever possible, I deliberately keep my unspent gold at just below my vault limit. I also emphasise defence skill points and have no diffence buildings on my base... Well, I actually have one, but it's hidden behind my barracks (for the enjoyment of "honour" raiders), hehe. ;)

Good information. The biggest problem was I jumped into this game blindly and thought i could just learn trial by error. That didn't go so well. So far I've made quite a few costly mistakes. Invited way to many allies, had to decrease that drastically. Leveled way to fast. Built wrong. PVP far to much, and the first 500 battles i didn't know you could see their stats before you attack them. So this site has been quite helpful and fixing those issues :D

YLL
05-18-2012, 03:18 AM
Just got a record (for me) tip of 700 gold overnight (woohoo!). Unfortunately, the tipper was down to c1.5k by the time I got round to visiting him. Nonetheless, got 480 gold off his L5 castle and a couple hundred more from his unvaulted gold.

Njwmrb
05-19-2012, 07:53 PM
I left someone 14k the other day on accident

YLL
05-21-2012, 04:46 AM
I left someone 14k the other day on accident

Haha, if you're that generous, you're welcome to visit, provided you don't bring more than a handful of allies. Also, you'll have to check all your weapons at the door. ;)