PDA

View Full Version : Advice please

Buggs1a
04-22-2012, 03:28 AM
Sorry for another advice requested thread. Maybe we could find those and make into stickies?

I'm just asking for advice on what I should be doing right now. On my new iPad 3 I am level 37. I have attack rating at 1945-1952, but it won't go up when I add new units. My defense rating is maybe 2100 or so. It won't go up either when adding units.

I have some defense building, but not many. My nation is Iran so I can get energy faster to do missions more. I have a bunch of money buildings with them upgrading. I see that there's oly so many of each building to have. Like I can't add more towers anymore and same for the low end money buildings. Bummer.

I have a few hundred soldier that is the $600 one. Because that's cheaper to add to attack then anything else I can think of with the number attack 1 defense 0. The next cheap is $1000 for 1/1 so sometimes I add the soldier guy for $600. I have some number of every unit I can buy.

I do not do the mission goals much since doing missions finishes the goals anyway. But sometimes I do. I do have the arrow on to see which missions to do in each map.

I have had over 200 allies but read here that I should lower it. So I removed down to 163. I did that so rivals wold have lower defense but I guess that doesn't help much. It takes me a long time to find rials withi a lower defenses then my attack. I wish it just told you in the rivals screen not making you load their base then check their profile. Annoying that it takes soooo long. I emailed funzio on this issue.

I just don't know what to be doing right now. I think it would be nice to have a much higher $ per hr but not sure ow to do this faster. Also I'm not good with understanding spreadsheets and some of the other guides there may be. That's just a little FYI.

Thanks.

Luke7676
04-22-2012, 10:35 AM
Your probably not seeing your stats go up because 1 at lvl 37 the max allies you can have is 185. That's 5* your lvl. So you can only use 5 exta allies for each lvl. 2 you are buying to many cheaper 1/0 or 1/1 units. Start buying higher stat units to replace some of them and you will see a jump in stats. Also try farming the amphibious squad leader at the docks for a good free loot unit every hit.

Besides upgrading money buildings make sure you work on unit buildings as well at some point. If you haven't already.

And at your lvl a lower ally count right now for you might be a little better untill you can get your stats in order.

overkill 280
04-22-2012, 12:35 PM
Like Luke said farm the Amphibious squad leader, as well go to Emir Island and tap on the sub, to farm the mini subs from there.

vball
04-22-2012, 09:13 PM
If you are that level, myself would not suggest farming weaker units as that will dillute your overall strength. I was farming the mini subs but their loss rate is incredibly high and found it to be a waste of time as I got too much experience. Rather use flame throwers for my meat units.

Luke is correct in terms of the max number of allies you can have, but you should probably drop lower and increase your unit density. This is where you take your attack and defense and divide it by your usuable units. Anything over 20 is very good, but my guess is you are pretty low if going after the weaker units.

Buggs1a
04-23-2012, 02:22 AM
My ally count is still to much?
I go for lower units cus it's cheaper to get more stats. But I've gotten higher units and seen stats increase.

Buggs1a
04-29-2012, 08:18 PM
Is a 91 or 101 ally count still too much for me? I'm level 43 now with still like 1888 attack and 2100 defense.

Poopenshire
04-29-2012, 08:21 PM
Is a 91 or 101 ally count still too much for me? I'm level 43 now with still like 1888 attack and 2100 defense.

read my posts here:

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?26495-Why-did-my-att-and-Def-drop

there is a discussion about boosting your def points.

LeBarticus
04-29-2012, 08:28 PM
You take your strongest units into battle, so the 1-0 and 1-1 units migh not be affecting your overall attack and defense anymore. Buy stronger units is my advice

Mcdoc
04-30-2012, 04:22 AM
It's all about the AT's! I'm level 95 and I STILL farm them EVERY day and they are my most lost unit in battle :). I have over 400 of them - had almost 800 at one point.

Buggs1a
04-30-2012, 05:50 PM
Mdoc, at?
I don't wanna level up anymore but I get so bored waiting hrs for my money buildings to collect. Grrr.
My thinking is I should just don't do missions. Don't attack or raid players. Just collect from my money Jillian's and buy units and upgrade my money buildings and expand the base. But that's so boring and takes forever.

At least I collect every half hr or so. So I don't leave much time for money buildings to be raided.

I want to buy the cheapest units that will increase my stats. Then when that unit stops increasing my stats buy the next cheapest and so on. But finding what unit to get, I don't have a clue. What I do now is just buy one. If it isn't increasemy stats then buy the next. Then keep buying that one till it won't increas my stats. Then move on to the next.

That's what I want to do but finding the right units is so hard.

What I started doing yesterday is to just buy up to 40 units of a unit. Then move to the next cheapest and buy up to 40. Because when I get to 40 my stats stop increasing so I have to move on to the next. Except I don't have much money.

My income per hr is maybe 95k. So 95,000 maybe. But that only matters if you collect on time for each building.

Buggs1a
05-06-2012, 04:53 PM
???????????

Hellstorm
05-06-2012, 09:44 PM
Now since your army consists of cheap units you should go and bump your stats up. Not by buying more cheap units but by working on your army density. More doesn't mean stronger, in fact, your stats are pretty low for the amount of allies you have. Having only that many allies makes it even easier to work on density. So I wouldn't worry about more allies, instead get stronger by having better units. Most people with half your allies are as strong as you are, many even stronger. Plan for the future... ;)

Buggs1a
05-06-2012, 10:26 PM
It's hard to know what cheapest unit increases. But I guess I can buy units and the cheapest to increase stats, write it down so I know not to get anything less unless I have to. Once said unit stops increasing then move to the next.

I say this since more cheaper for better stats then one expensive. But right now I'm trying to buy a few more expensive like sniper, warthog, Bradley or armed vehicle under that, I forget for sea.

I have maybe 110k per hr. now level 47 and 48. Defense about 2450 with attack now about 1963 or so.

Hellstorm
05-06-2012, 11:23 PM
Lol... I thought you already had those units? Hehe... The cheap ones sniper, warthog and so on. The Bradleys die like flies. The warthogs are good if you'd like to add to your attack stats, on the other hand you have the frigates that would add to your defense stats. Those are in the same price range. The frigates have a very low casualty rate, the warthogs are ok when it comes down to casualties, but far better than the snipers or Bradleys. Lower units give you more stats for each dollar you spent, but remember! let's say 100 units with 3 defense give you 300 defense, but 50 units with 8 defense will give you 400 defense. Half the units double the strength and even more than that in stats. That's the density I was talking about. in the future you will always continue to replace weaker units that you have as standard with stronger units untill you'll get to the units that cost millions. The sooner you do that the better for you.

Mcdoc
05-06-2012, 11:40 PM
Your problems you keep focusing on buying then"Cheapest" unit when you should be buying the HIGHEST unit you are allowed to buy. So instead of buying 40 worthless units - collect twice and buy one really good unit. Do this for a few days and you will be much stronger and realize that something like the Hover Craft with 18/18 stats is well worth your time - or any other unit with stats as high as you can afford.

Take an oath right now to Never purchase another unit withncrappy stats. If you want a meat shield - bulk up on 200 AT's - that ought to be a good start :)

siL
05-07-2012, 12:27 AM
Amphibious Trooper... You should go farm them, it has 6A/8D if I'm not mistaken, and drops almost 100% from Amphibious Squad Leader in the Docks Map...a free and cheap army, but you will have to level up pretty fast if you want a lot of them (1 strike 15 exp if I'm not mistaken).

I personally think that your allies is waaaaaayyyy to much for level 37...
I myself is lvl 36 currently, with only 20 allies, and with +/- 31 gold units (from events and a few crates) which currently I enjoyed very much because the casualty rate for me is Godlike, with rarely any unit died in battle..
My current stat is about 2000A/2700D with this ally, and as you can see it's about the same with your stat...
lower your ally number, and focus on density more...

Buggs1a
05-08-2012, 04:55 AM
I'm level 48 with about 72 allies. I am gaining stats with snipers so I bout some, they die fast. I have lost a bunch of warthogs and apc doing pvp. I loose waaaaaaay to many units doing pvp. Loss rate is pathetic not even worth it. But I get bored so do it.

So I should delete allies down to say 25 or so? Then my stats will lower a ton. Bt right now I'm seeing more with twice my stats so maybe I level up to fast. But it is so boring waiting for my money buildings to collect and not do anything.

Offshore oil map is great for getting some ships and not loosing hardly any units now. The aircraft carrier drops ships at a good rate. Money sucks though from it. In boneyard there's a guy you hit twice and get some decent money and he drops items sometimes. Min $ drop is I think 8k up to 20k or so max. So it's not bad either.

Buggs1a
05-08-2012, 07:35 AM
Welp. I just lowered my ally count to 26. Now my stats are like attack is about 1100 with defense about 1400. Grrr.

Sexyman
05-08-2012, 07:36 AM
Well what really matters is how you match up against other people with 26 allies. How many allies did you have before. How many units do you have?

overkill 280
05-08-2012, 07:42 AM
Welp. I just lowered my ally count to 26. Now my stats are like attack is about 1100 with defense about 1400. Grrr.My stats where right around 9-10,000 when I had around 1000 allies. And it was pointless for me to do any att/raiding cause of the amount of units I lost. But since I've dropped to only 30 allies, I might only lose 2-4 units in like 14-16 attacks :) And I have never lost an att/raid at all ;)

Buggs1a
05-08-2012, 08:09 AM
1165 units. 73 allies before.

Buggs1a
05-08-2012, 09:02 AM
I got an AT from docks. My stats didn't increase at all.

Luke7676
05-08-2012, 11:34 AM
I got an AT from docks. My stats didn't increase at all.

You might not notice it at first. Sometimes it takes a few for your stats to update after losses or gains.. Also on the other hand.. All you other units you are using could have higher stats then the at, but not likely?

Buggs1a
05-08-2012, 12:18 PM
Now that I got rid of all my allies except grunts given by the game, I can't raise my stats with anything. I buy the most expensive units that I have access to and most of them don't touch the stats. So it feels like a waste of money. Warthog wnt ease stats. Neither will the heavy gunner. The frigate might be the only unit that did help stats. Bradley didn't touch stats. Well I kinda forget all this really. Going to bed now.

Luke7676
05-08-2012, 12:30 PM
Now that I got rid of all my allies except grunts given by the game, I can't raise my stats with anything. I buy the most expensive units that I have access to and most of them don't touch the stats. So it feels like a waste of money. Warthog wnt ease stats. Neither will the heavy gunner. The frigate might be the only unit that did help stats. Bradley didn't touch stats. Well I kinda forget all this really. Going to bed now.

You got rid of to many allies then. If your wanting Higher stats and can't bring them up anymore with your best available units then you should bump your allies up some more untill your satisfied or untill you find a nice sweet spot.

Buggs1a
05-08-2012, 01:12 PM
How do I know what a sweet spot is?

Luke7676
05-08-2012, 01:36 PM
How do I know what a sweet spot is?

I'd say it's a combo of things.

1. Finding a ally range that gives you little losses
2. Finding a ally range that you have higher stats than most on your rivals list.

I'm sure I'm forgetting something but it's going to be different with each player and lvl.
You will just have to play around adding / deleting allies untill you find a spot that works for you.

For me it was around 140 allies but when I lvled up more into the upper 70's and now 81 I had to bump up a bit because of a handful of ppl had higher stats then me on my list and started to attack me. So it's different at all lvl / ally ranges.

Hellstorm
05-08-2012, 06:43 PM
The hovercraft is 16/16 if I recall correctly

Mcdoc
05-08-2012, 07:01 PM
Like I said before - but now with an update - I am now level 99 with 460 allies. I STILL farm AT's - currently have 512 of them. I don't get them for the stats - I get them because they are expendable and FREE :)

In this last event when I was on the prowl for PvP to gain boxes - I would lose 1 to 3 AT's in attacks (when I was losing units at all) - so I really didn't care about those casualties. I am not sure if it the the SHEER number of AT's that I have that make them die the most - or what - but quite frankly I'm surprised they even come into battle anymore. So maybe out of 512 - only 95 make the cut - but that's 95 units I got for free and will die before other units that cost me cash or valor :)

BTW - the top 45 units brought into battle is not the EXACT NUMBER of 45 units - it is the TOP 45 Units PLUS their individual count. So if you have 518 Super hornets (like me) - then the Super Hornet UNIT counts as ONE of your top 45 units. I hope that makes sense.

So given the above statement - I would recommend for YOU personally - to add allies until you actually SEE all 45 spots filled with units. So in other words - taking into battle and getting Stats credit for at least 45 units that you CAN see - and hopefully your AT's will be at the bottom of that list :)

THAT my friend is how I would define your sweet spot :)

Buggs1a
05-08-2012, 07:47 PM
What do you mean units I can see?
If loot units get used ok but how do I do that and not loose what I pay for? I loose way tons of warthogs.

CAPT.GIN
05-08-2012, 07:50 PM
Sorry for another advice requested thread. Maybe we could find those and make into stickies?

I'm just asking for advice on what I should be doing right now. On my new iPad 3 I am level 37. I have attack rating at 1945-1952, but it won't go up when I add new units. My defense rating is maybe 2100 or so. It won't go up either when adding units.

I have some defense building, but not many. My nation is Iran so I can get energy faster to do missions more. I have a bunch of money buildings with them upgrading. I see that there's oly so many of each building to have. Like I can't add more towers anymore and same for the low end money buildings. Bummer.

I have a few hundred soldier that is the $600 one. Because that's cheaper to add to attack then anything else I can think of with the number attack 1 defense 0. The next cheap is $1000 for 1/1 so sometimes I add the soldier guy for $600. I have some number of every unit I can buy.

I do not do the mission goals much since doing missions finishes the goals anyway. But sometimes I do. I do have the arrow on to see which missions to do in each map.

I have had over 200 allies but read here that I should lower it. So I removed down to 163. I did that so rivals wold have lower defense but I guess that doesn't help much. It takes me a long time to find rials withi a lower defenses then my attack. I wish it just told you in the rivals screen not making you load their base then check their profile. Annoying that it takes soooo long. I emailed funzio on this issue.

I just don't know what to be doing right now. I think it would be nice to have a much higher $ per hr but not sure ow to do this faster. Also I'm not good with understanding spreadsheets and some of the other guides there may be. That's just a little FYI.

Thanks.

Bro I think this is you 2end time apologizing... Post whatever you want without saying sorry were here to help you...

Buggs1a
05-08-2012, 09:43 PM
Bro I think this is you 2end time apologizing... Post whatever you want without saying sorry were here to help you...

I just didn't want anyone to be annoyed with another advice needed thread.

So ok, I got more stats after a few more units of, now I forget which lol.

CAPT.GIN
05-08-2012, 09:52 PM
I just didn't want anyone to be annoyed with another advice needed thread.

So ok, I got more stats after a few more units of, now I forget which lol.

No we won't my friend we all enjoy helping out... Ok keep at it with the units... Oh an if you ever get advice from the veterans on this site do as they say all there advice will make your account amazing...

Buggs1a
05-08-2012, 11:16 PM
I don't know who are veterans. And what are they telling me to do? Heh.

I'll try to post my infO from game or could some vets look at my base and give feedback on units and buildings please?

Right now I am always bored so I want to play but never have enough energy and stamina nor will I raid or attack anyone better stats. Which is everyone now. But it's so boring just waiting to collect money.

822 799 426

Luke7676
05-08-2012, 11:33 PM
I don't know who are veterans. And what are they telling me to do? Heh.

I'll try to post my infO from game or could some vets look at my base and give feedback on units and buildings please?

Right now I am always bored so I want to play but never have enough energy and stamina nor will I raid or attack anyone better stats. Which is everyone now. But it's so boring just waiting to collect money.

822 799 426

Just sent you a req. Buggs. I'll take a look and see if I can help you any as soon as I can.

Buggs1a
05-08-2012, 11:55 PM
Just sent you a req. Buggs. I'll take a look and see if I can help you any as soon as I can.

My iPad 3 one - 523 783 311

Thanks and accepted Luke. I bet you were an ally before I removed everyone a few days ago :)
Joe

Luke7676
05-09-2012, 12:44 AM
Hey Buggs. I posted on your wall a bit. Hope it helps. Any other questions just ask in game or here. GL

Buggs1a
05-09-2012, 01:48 AM
Thanks. Just gottem.

Buggs1a
05-10-2012, 04:18 AM
On my base which buildings should I upgrade now?

Buggs1a
05-11-2012, 10:53 PM
Ok, this sucks, no responses lately. :(. But now something else. In rivals mode every single person is way better then my attack, so rivals is out for me. And the more allies I add the higher their stats go, but mine barely increase. So. It seems like adding allies is making things worse.

Luke7676
05-11-2012, 11:04 PM
Ok, this sucks, no responses lately. :(. But now something else. In rivals mode every single person is way better then my attack, so rivals is out for me. And the more allies I add the higher their stats go, but mine barely increase. So. It seems like adding allies is making things worse.

Hey Joe. What are your best 4 units you have available to purchase? As in 1 best unit in each catagory infantry, ground, air, and sea. Not counting valor. Or I'll ha e another look at your base in a few.

JohnnyR
05-11-2012, 11:18 PM
Hey Bugs, have a look at my FNG guide in case ya missed anything! It's in my sig. It sounds like you've got things under control with your strategy, just might find it useful to have basic facts out of the way even still.

Buggs1a
05-12-2012, 12:32 AM
I will have a second, and third look lol. I love you guys and ladies here. Jesus love not romance love, friendly.
I'll look at my units.

Oh ya. I'm cooking a chicken tv dinner and just started watching speed, formula one practice in Spain, recorded from this morning, lol, yesterday, it's sat now. Then debrief.

Yummy for my tummy!!!!

Copenhagen
05-12-2012, 12:35 AM
I will have a second, and third look lol. I love you guys and ladies here. Jesus love not romance love, friendly.
I'll look at my units.

Thanks for clarifying. Bronson will appreciate knowing that you're not hitting on anyone and have stated up front that you have a unit.

Mcdoc
05-12-2012, 01:29 AM
thanks for clarifying. Bronson will appreciate knowing that you're not hitting on anyone and have stated up front that you have a unit.roflmao :)

Buggs1a
05-12-2012, 05:35 AM
Man, soooo boring waiting for money buildings.
Loss rate is horrific in pvp it royally is a bummer.

Buggs1a
05-12-2012, 05:47 AM
Hey Bugs, have a look at my FNG guide in case ya missed anything! It's in my sig. It sounds like you've got things under control with your strategy, just might find it useful to have basic facts out of the way even still.

That link goes to a crime city page with the words add me.

EnjoyLife
05-12-2012, 06:21 AM
Man, soooo boring waiting for money buildings.
Loss rate is horrific in pvp it royally is a bummer.

You won't be successful if you don't build up your economy, unless you spend a lot of gold...

Ducati
05-12-2012, 06:56 AM
Hey Bugs, have a look at my FNG guide in case ya missed anything! It's in my sig.

There is no guide in your sig, or am I missing something?

Buggs1a
05-13-2012, 08:37 AM
Ya there's no guide. Just some fng link to a crime city page.
I am continuingly building my economy. I just hate ow long it takes to collect since I'm always so bored.

So now I am trying to buy the most expensive units manually then when doing missing I'll buy whatever it tells me to if I can afford it.

Getting gold now from tapjoy, but I'm not sure what to spend it on. I wish I had tons to speed up construction and upgrade times.

Buggs1a
05-13-2012, 11:45 PM
Still no guide. Bummer.

Buggs1a
05-17-2012, 09:37 AM
How about now? Luke?

Buggs1a
05-17-2012, 05:50 PM
Ok bye then. I feel ignored. Bye everyone :(

Luke7676
05-17-2012, 07:26 PM
I posted on your wall ingame joe.

Buggs1a
05-17-2012, 09:13 PM
Thanks Luke. I saw that but I would love it if others would join my thread discussion also.
Something happened today that really hurt me and upset me so my last post was a bit of venting, but honesty too except the bye part.

Buggs1a
05-18-2012, 10:20 AM
Man what a bummer. Sloooow $$$.