PDA

View Full Version : Best flag???

CAPT.GIN
04-21-2012, 10:22 PM
Hay guys just wanted to know which flag is the best to use in the game?

Thunder Child
04-21-2012, 10:26 PM
Opinion varies, and of course it depends on your style and strategy; Russia (attacking) and UK (defensive) seem to be the most popular choices.

Dreno33
04-21-2012, 10:27 PM
TC is right. Im UK b/c I am a camper and want a good win/loss ratio.

CAPT.GIN
04-21-2012, 10:28 PM
Really? I was thinking USA... Why not USA it attacking and defending rite?

War Priest
04-21-2012, 10:30 PM
Really? I was thinking USA... Why not USA it attacking and defending rite?

USA doesn't provide a 10% bonus for any units.

Dreno33
04-21-2012, 10:30 PM
the boost given from these 2 will be EXTRAORDINARY. its your call. this is just our opinion tho. Many pick USA just b/c they live in the US, then some decide to spend $5 to switch Nations later in the game

CAPT.GIN
04-21-2012, 10:32 PM
Is Iran good or no?

War Priest
04-21-2012, 10:34 PM
Is Iran good or no?

In most people's eyes, no. Iran and the USA are the worst because they do not give a unit bonus.

Dreno33
04-21-2012, 10:34 PM
In the beginning, yes

Luke7676
04-21-2012, 10:53 PM
I love Russia. Started out USA as many did but soon found out it wasn't a very good choice. I'm going to 2nd TC and say Russia for attack and UK for defense. So far for me Russia has been cheaper as far as unit prices go.

Jhoemel
04-22-2012, 07:18 AM
How come russia is for attack and uk for defense?

Warfiend
04-22-2012, 07:47 AM
How come russia is for attack and uk for defense?

The strongest attack units tend to be air and Russia gives a 10 percent boost to air units. The strongest defense units in the game tend to be sea and UK gives 10 percent bonus to sea units.

Agent Orange
04-22-2012, 07:51 AM
I switched from the UK to Russia the other day as I had some free gold to do it with.

The advantage for me at least is that I can stockpile Super Hornets which with the 10% bonus is more powerful than a fleet of Stealth Frigates. But JMC pointed out the difference in cost so it's a close call. In the end the higher unit density swayed me to Russia.

Basically it boils down to whether you want/need an army with a higher attack or defence density so currently with Russia you can achieve a higher attack density while with the UK you can get a higher defence density. But with the new PvP rounds and new valour units coming that might change but from what I saw I still think Russia will be better.

Here are some screen grabs of the new PvP units before they got removed.

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?25116-Niteshooter-Agent-Orange-s-Guide-to-Modern-War-(revised)

el_gringo
04-22-2012, 12:20 PM
The long answer is they are all probably the best at different times of the game. In the first ten levels or so the USA beneffit will allow you repeated attaks on all the easy money from unvaulted players, then Irans bonus allows you to level up quickly to a leveel where a god choice of buildings is available. Then China becomes the best for the infantry bonus as its cheaper and quicker to upgrade infantry at this point. Then Germany has the advntage with plenty of low priced mid range stats stuff, then Russia with the superhornets, then lastly the UK once you are pulling in the kind of cash where you can stock up on the high end stuff.

I chose Germany and to start with regretted it as my sea vessels rarely die, and lately I've kind of wished I chose China simply as crate purchases have yielded so many bloody infantry units and hardly any vehicles.

Agent Orange
04-22-2012, 02:22 PM
That is a good point el_gringo. I think if I was to try a new LLP I would go US and buy some high density gold units or perhaps take a gamble on the crates and hope I get a few good ones. Then go hunting all the folks who don't know about their vaults.