PDA

View Full Version : 3500 gold to get 1 credit card? This is a scam

cubed
04-21-2012, 08:58 PM
I opened up 8 credit cards fairly easily (maybe 15 tries with cash). Then I get stuck trying to get #9 for a day. So I decide to use some gold. I start getting frustrated and find I have spent 3500 gold and am only on #9. What a scam. Is there a bug in the system or what is going on?

As I read these forums now I see others are having this problem, but Funzio does not disclose anywhere the near impossibility to obtain #9 and #10. If they want to make things more difficult at the end they should disclose it on the game and not force people to get frustrated and come to these forums.

Otherwise the presumption is that it is the same odds to open a "ATM". How is it that the odds of opening an "ATM" can change based upon the number of credit cards you have in possession? And if you are selling a service (which is what the "gold" is), then what Funzio is doing is not only unethical but is probably also illegal. If they would disclose that the odds are skewed at the end then it would not be a problem.

I have also reported to Funzio three players that have hacked the game and have hundreds of millions of dollars. Nothing is being done. Why am I wasting hundreds of dollars to play this game ethically and other players get away hacking (which by the way, if I wanted to hack, I could easily do it too). But I decide to pay and be an ethical player.

I have been a good customer of Funzio but I am now disgusted by these tactics. I think I am done and this is probably the beginning of the end for Funzio because they are so unethical like this.

Does anyone else feel the same?

Maniaxe
04-21-2012, 09:04 PM
Welcome to Crime City.

i need muney
04-21-2012, 09:15 PM
While all of this is true you should've thought before you lay out $200 on unknown odds for a picture in a game that you can't win.

Inzaghi
04-21-2012, 09:17 PM
I opened up 8 credit cards fairly easily (maybe 15 tries with cash). Then I get stuck trying to get #9 for a day. So I decide to use some gold. I start getting frustrated and find I have spent 3500 gold and am only on #9. What a scam. Is there a bug in the system or what is going on?

As I read these forums now I see others are having this problem, but Funzio does not disclose anywhere the near impossibility to obtain #9 and #10. If they want to make things more difficult at the end they should disclose it on the game and not force people to get frustrated and come to these forums.

Otherwise the presumption is that it is the same odds to open a "ATM". How is it that the odds of opening an "ATM" can change based upon the number of credit cards you have in possession? And if you are selling a service (which is what the "gold" is), then what Funzio is doing is not only unethical but is probably also illegal. If they would disclose that the odds are skewed at the end then it would not be a problem.

I have also reported to Funzio three players that have hacked the game and have hundreds of millions of dollars. Nothing is being done. Why am I wasting hundreds of dollars to play this game ethically and other players get away hacking (which by the way, if I wanted to hack, I could easily do it too). But I decide to pay and be an ethical player.

I have been a good customer of Funzio but I am now disgusted by these tactics. I think I am done and this is probably the beginning of the end for Funzio because they are so unethical like this.

Does anyone else feel the same?

My two suggestions 1. Don't spend gold unless you see the 9th with more than one days to go. Make sure that the gold you spent is worthwhile and has maximum output. 2. Never be desperate to reset timers. These two suggestions will not increase your chance but you'll be much less disappointed even if you don't get the final item.

Beardy
04-21-2012, 09:28 PM
You spent Ģ150+ opening ATM's?!

cubed
04-21-2012, 09:31 PM
Funzio should disclose that the difficult increases exponentially as you get to #8 and #9. I only learned of this today after I came to the forums in frustration over this.

I really liked the game. It was fun to play 4-5 times a day, burn up your stamina, get a credit card or two, and then work my way to #8. But then I wanted to finish the event (who wouldn't after spending 4-5 days on it?) so I thought I would try some gold as we got down to the wire. But 3500 gold to get 1 credit card?

What a scam. I have bought a LOT MORE gold than $200 worth. I do not mind spending $200 or $500 on gold. As long as I feel I am getting some value from it and to keep the game interesting. But I now feel cheated. It would be like opening crates and after a huge sample size (100 crates) you find only 2% are rare items. You feel cheated.

I have been playing for less than one month. I was enjoying it as recently as yesterday but now I think I am finished.

Inzaghi
04-21-2012, 09:36 PM
Funzio should disclose that the difficult increases exponentially as you get to #8 and #9. I only learned of this today after I came to the forums in frustration over this.

I really liked the game. It was fun to play 4-5 times a day, burn up your stamina, get a credit card or two, and then work my way to #8. But then I wanted to finish the event (who wouldn't after spending 4-5 days on it?) so I thought I would try some gold as we got down to the wire. But 3500 gold to get 1 credit card?

What a scam. I have bought a LOT MORE gold than $200 worth. I do not mind spending $200 or $500 on gold. As long as I feel I am getting some value from it and to keep the game interesting. But I now feel cheated. It would be like opening crates and after a huge sample size (100 crates) you find only 2% are rare items. You feel cheated.

I have been playing for less than one month. I was enjoying it as recently as yesterday but now I think I am finished.

Funzio should have customer protection policy, haha. Anyone who spent more than $50 on one single CC should be guarenteed to have the that one.

Beardy
04-21-2012, 09:37 PM
$500?

Xbox and PS3 games cost under 10% of that...

I guess you wish you had come on the forum a little sooner. Good luck, still 26 hours left.

cubed
04-21-2012, 09:39 PM
You spent Ģ150+ opening ATM's?!

Yes. I had a lot of gold (bought during the sale) and collected a lot of ATMs so I decided to keep opening because my success rate had been frustrating low after getting #8 (note, i used 0 gold, or maybe just 15-60 gold, to get to credit card #8). So I opened up all of my ATMs today. If it was 500 gold or 1000 gold and I reached #10 I probably would be okay. But 3500 gold to get from #8 to #9? $200++ worth? yes, it is stupid.

If Funzio would have disclosed "the odds are exponentially worse after you get to #8" then I would never have bothered to start the event ... or if I did, then I would at least know what I was getting into.

I have a lot of gold left. I might be the first and only person to delete this game with a lot of gold left.

G Wiz
04-21-2012, 09:40 PM
Same problem, different item.

Scam sandwich...or scam wrap if your calorie conscious.

Maniaxe
04-21-2012, 09:41 PM
I really feel your frustration an I do understand I have been there before, but at the same time maybe before you blow $350 on a digital item you should do the research before and not after. Chalk it up to a lesson learned and move on. If that money was no big deal to you then you wouldn't be ranting about it, obviously it meant something to you so you should have done your research beforehand. It is a total scam, I agree.

Boom
04-21-2012, 09:42 PM
People got 10 with no gold and welcome to Crime City. Just remember its pretty much gambling!!!

cubed
04-21-2012, 09:52 PM
Of course the money is a big deal because I feel cheated. I can afford to pay $350 for a cup of coffee each morning if I wanted to. But there is no way in hell I would do that. How are you going to feel if you walk into a coffee shop and find out the cup is $350? You are going feel like it is a scam, they are there to cheat people, and never go back there. And that's how I feel right now about Crime City.

I have spent a lot more than that on this game already and I was very happy to. I knew what I was buying (i knew what crates cost and what virtual item I was getting for my real money). But this event was a scam, unless you read the forums you would never know.

I really feel your frustration an I do understand I have been there before, but at the same time maybe before you blow $350 on a digital item you should do the research before and not after. Chalk it up to a lesson learned and move on. If that money was no big deal to you then you wouldn't be ranting about it, obviously it meant something to you so you should have done your research beforehand. It is a total scam, I agree.

DEMIGOD
04-21-2012, 09:58 PM
Same sentiments, I discovered at least 5 hackers easily having hundereds of millions and reported (numerous times), but in the they still go scott free. I also feel disappointed with their as although I'm a cash player, it does not bring any benefits! Lastly, these events are juz a total sham, although the items are attractive, sometimes after spending couple of hundreds you still don't get shet

Maniaxe
04-21-2012, 09:59 PM
I can afford to pay $350 for a cup of coffee each morning if I wanted to. But there is no way in hell I would do that. How are you going to feel if you walk into a coffee shop and find out the cup is $350?
Well if I found out my cup of coffee was $350 i would tell them to go F themselves, plus I brew at home dude.

Inzaghi
04-21-2012, 10:06 PM
Of course the money is a big deal because I feel cheated. I can afford to pay $350 for a cup of coffee each morning if I wanted to.

OMG. They should really act immediately to keep the big customer :)

Euchred
04-21-2012, 10:16 PM
I felt the same way after the emerald burner event even though I wanted it so bad it didn't seem to matter how much I spent I couldn't get it but I moved on and have had better luck with more recent events.

TRAZ
04-21-2012, 10:16 PM
Sorry to hear in your disappointment. You'd think the odds would be better if you used gold. Seems to all be a crapshoot. Submit a ticket about it and see if you get a response.

The Billionaire
04-21-2012, 10:30 PM
These events are a total scam and i've stopped buying gold to use on the events. During the wall safe scam i used 4500 gold bars but still couldn't get that (non existant) 10th emerald and the free bank deposits so at that point i decided to stop using gold during the events. My tactic now is every time an event is released i buy 1500 gold bars and spend them on 10 batches of the 3 crates because you get 30 weapons with at least 3 of them being rare weapons which end up being better than the event weapons plus i dont have the stress of trying to get all the 'Credit Cards' before the event ends.

For this weekend only there is a 20% chance of receiving a rare weapon in the crates. I've already received 5 Grail launchers (149 Att & 90 def) and 2 Shika Anti-Air tanks (100 att & 143 def) and i've still got 9 crates to open before i've used all of my gold bars. I'm really hoping i get one of the Hind Gunships (233 Att & 179 Def).

Don't get me wrong i still participate in the events but only using the medium option to open the ATM's and don't really care how far i get because lets face it, who cares about an extra 100 attack points when nobody knows what they do.

With the new hood i've started on my iPad i'm going to have free bank deposits anyway because my mafia so well equipped i'm going to be unbeatable. Add me up and check out my inventory - 482-088-993

The Billionaire
04-21-2012, 10:31 PM
I would like to know who regulates Funzio as a company? Anyone got any idea's??

cubed
04-21-2012, 10:37 PM
I submitted a ticket. In the past they have responded to my tickets and they sound very helpful and supportive, but at the end of the day nothing gets done. I think they have a successful product and not enough resources to handle it.

Previous issues I have had: constant crashes in Modern War where they would have me send them A,B,C and I would give them the info (and then they would follow up for more stuff, which I would give them) and then it was never fixed. So I had to stop playing modern war and then I found crime city.

Then I point out the hackers and they respond that they will look into it (of course they say they will not disclose what the outcome is) and nothing is done -- yet I am 100% sure they are hackers because they are attacking me (giving me $$ when they lose on purpose) and that is one of the requirements of the hack. Besides the fact these people have hundreds of millions of dollars of stuff with low incomes (<10K).

I could keep my mouth closed and be happy to get the free $$ but that is not what the game is about. I want a little challenge and I do not want these cheaters building nightclubs at level 40 and ruining the dynamic of the game. Doesn't Funzio understand the ramification of nightclubs at lower levels (and what if they become high level nightclubs? because a billion dollars for these hackers is nothing) and how that ruins the economics of the game?

But I think they have an issue with these events they need to address. They should disclose the near impossibility of going from #9 to #10 (but they wont because then guess what? nobody will play) or what they should do is require you to get 25 credit cards and make them as easy to obtain #25 as #1. Then at least it is ethical and people are not going to complain about getting screwed

Boom
04-21-2012, 10:44 PM
If they make it easy then there's no point to spend gold right?

cubed
04-21-2012, 11:08 PM
If they make it easy then there's no point to spend gold right?

Yes, of course. And gold players do not want it easy either (otherwise why buy gold)?

The problem I have is Funzio is not being forthright in describing how the event works. They sucker you into it early on so you commit 4-5 days to it and then make you squander the gold at the end to try and finish the event before it expires.

A simple solution:
20 credit cards to completion
15 gold to open (without a fail); 10 gold for a time reset
7 day event

Odds are 1 in 2 to open
Odds are 1 in 4 (if opened) is a credit card

So a non-gold player will need 20 * 8 = 160 opens. Kind of tough to do that in a 168 hour week. They need some serious "lady luck"

A gold player will spend up to (15+10) * 80 (since no fails) = 2000 gold + maybe 500 gold to burn a lot of stamina and energy to do it quickly. So if a gold player commits 2500 he will get the event done quickly.

Realistically gold players would spend about 400-1000 gold (depending on how much time they commit) but at least the event is ethically presented (same odds to open credit card #1 as #20).

I am sure Funzio can do something better. But the way they do is not is very disturbing to me -- you spend 4-5 days in an event and get lured in, and then you burn a lot of gold (for NOTHING) trying to complete it. It is insulting the way they do it because there are no disclosures on how it works and it goes against what people normally would expect. I do not think any new player who has participated in an event had any expectation that they would scammed at the last 1-2 opens.

vitus79
04-21-2012, 11:19 PM
its funny how many freeplayers have the item already from what ive seen last couple hours, and the customers who open more boxes than a freeskate ever could during the event earn endless craploot or money. 25k at lvl 164? oh comon.

tried around 12-15 gold opens to get from 8 to 9. all i get is this ugly bike 9/9 or police battons or 25/125k. not going to spend anymore gold no matter what. should have learned my lesson after i burned around 3000 gold to get the burner, ill never understand why they keep pissing off their customers with the rigged events

G Wiz
04-21-2012, 11:24 PM
its funny how many freeplayers have the item already from what ive seen last couple hours, and the customers who open more boxes than a freeskate ever could during the event earn endless craploot or money. 25k at lvl 164? oh comon.

tried around 12-15 gold opens to get from 8 to 9. all i get is this ugly bike 9/9 or police battons or 25/125k. not going to spend anymore gold no matter what. should have learned my lesson after i burned around 3000 gold to get the burner, ill never understand why they keep pissing off their customers with the rigged eventsI think funzio printed your pic and used it in there "pre event" meetings to refer to the community...

Wonder when the straw will break the camel's back?

Maniaxe
04-21-2012, 11:24 PM
They sucker you into it early on so you commit 4-5 days to it and then make you squander the gold at the end to try and finish the event before it expires.
First off how is Fuzio making you squander gold? You spent it, the only person you can blame is yourself.
Why would a company display a disclosure that prohibits them from procuring a larger revenue? You do realize that this is a business correct? Funzio does not pay people a salary to make the game easy and fun for us, no they are payed to make money for the company and create ways for players to spend more. That is the way the world works and it is time for you to grow up and learn to deal with it.

G Wiz
04-21-2012, 11:27 PM
First off how is Fuzio making you squander gold? You spent it, the only person you can blame is yourself.
Why would a company display a disclosure that prohibits them from procuring a larger revenue? You do realize that this is a business correct? Funzio does not pay people a salary to make the game easy and fun for us, no they are payed to make money for the company and create ways for players to spend more. That is the way the world works and it is time for you to grow up and learn to deal with it.You gotta admit that sometimes they to get a bit "in your face" with all the "spend gold now" inuendos.

Besides, I think its pretty much a safe bet to say that customer happiness is almost directly related to gold spending.

Ziva
04-21-2012, 11:28 PM
I agree with everything you said about Funzio and the quests and you are right, they don't do anything about these issues and they withhold information pertinent to the game. Sadly, you've invested a lot of money in the game as many of us have in the past. It's up to you to decide if you want to continue playing, but at least now you know as we do what you're up against with the company. Don't ever think you're going to get the 10th item in these events, especially if there are less than two days left and you haven't gotten it yet. I've gotten the 10th item only one time in the past 5 events despite making the same mistake you did in using gold (although I didn't use that much). Don't ever think that reporting cheaters will get them in trouble with Funzio. I've reported several as well and Funzio just ignores them; they don't care. Your friends will have better results (see post about removing the cheaters land mines). In general, don't ever expect anything from Funzio cause they don't care. They just want the money, and sadly, they are very good at getting it from many new players like yourself and me when I started, too. I've been extremely fortunate in the game in one way - I've made many wonderful new friends. And that is the only thing you can count on; there are a lot of great people here!

vitus79
04-21-2012, 11:29 PM
I think funzio printed your pic and used it in there "pre event" meetings to refer to the community...

Wonder when the straw will break the camel's back?

hehe at least u made me smile, again. thx wiz :*

Nudie
04-21-2012, 11:52 PM
What a sad tale. Unfortunately it is not the only one, many have felt they got burnt. Yes, I now there is free will and people made the decision to spend or not spend gold. However, Funzio set up the situation where their customers felt nudged to go gold. Yes, it is a business but the smart businesses are run without making the customers feel frustrated or in some cases duped. I think it would be much better for Funzio's business to be more customer sensitive.

mnju_03
04-22-2012, 12:52 AM
Hmm I've recently purchased that much... No complaints here.
That sucks.... :)

Burn
04-22-2012, 01:07 AM
The only scam here is the one you perpretated on yourself.

Hank
04-22-2012, 01:15 AM
First off, why would you spend that much on an item where the benefits of the item are unknown??? second, didn't you learn anything from the previous events in regard to spending gold???

DenZ1
04-22-2012, 01:45 AM

tried around 12-15 gold opens to get from 8 to 9. all i get is this ugly bike 9/9 or police battons or 25/125k. not going to spend anymore gold no matter what. should have learned my lesson after i burned around 3000 gold to get the burner, ill never understand why they keep pissing off their customers with the rigged events

I'm with you on this one. The other thing is "medium chance" option. How the hell it is a medium chance if I consistently fail 3 times out if 4? It is just misrepresentation of info late call it at that.

And again.. Crap loot... and gold is not giving you much of a chance either.

cubed
04-22-2012, 02:13 AM
First off, why would you spend that much on an item where the benefits of the item are unknown??? second, didn't you learn anything from the previous events in regard to spending gold???

Hank, I am a new user (playing a few weeks). When you entered your first event, did you expect that it would be nearly impossible to get past item 8 or 9?

I did not. And I think most people do not. It seems ILLOGICAL that when you open an ATM to capture credit cards that the outcome would differ based upon how many you have previously opened. It does not make sense to rig the game like that. Funzio should be ashamed of themselves for setting it up this way. If they were going to rig the game like that then they should disclose it so people do not get burned. I read the post of one person who spent 4500 gold and stopped. This is terrible that they treat their customers like this.

I spent my time on this event for 4-5 days to capture 8 credit cards and so I wanted to finish it. I had a good time getting the first 8 credit cards playing passively. But then I had trouble getting to number 9 (For 1.5 days I could not do it). So I decided to spend gold to do it.

I know all about sunk costs and after I spent my first vault it was sunk and maybe I should have stopped. But it is hard to stop when you have spent 1500 gold and just think that random chance is against you and the next one might be it. Then after spending as much as I did I came to these forums and learned that the game was rigged. If I knew the game was rigged I would not have spent any gold at number 8. I would have accepted the fact that getting to number 8 was "good enough" and maybe I can get "lucky" opening the rest for free.

So to answer your question, NO, I did not learn anything from previous events because I did not participate in previous events. And to elaborate further, I think every new user has the same expectation that I did because it does not make any sense that opening an ATM could have a different chance just because you have collected credit cards before. It is a scam and others seem to agree.

DenZ1
04-22-2012, 02:34 AM
Hank, I am a new user (playing a few weeks). When you entered your first event, did you expect that it would be nearly impossible to get past item 8 or 9?

I did not. And I think most people do not. It seems ILLOGICAL that when you open an ATM to capture credit cards that the outcome would differ based upon how many you have previously opened. It does not make sense to rig the game like that. Funzio should be ashamed of themselves for setting it up this way. If they were going to rig the game like that then they should disclose it so people do not get burned. I read the post of one person who spent 4500 gold and stopped. This is terrible that they treat their customers like this.

I spent my time on this event for 4-5 days to capture 8 credit cards and so I wanted to finish it. I had a good time getting the first 8 credit cards playing passively. But then I had trouble getting to number 9 (For 1.5 days I could not do it). So I decided to spend gold to do it.

I know all about sunk costs and after I spent my first vault it was sunk and maybe I should have stopped. But it is hard to stop when you have spent 1500 gold and just think that random chance is against you and the next one might be it. Then after spending as much as I did I came to these forums and learned that the game was rigged. If I knew the game was rigged I would not have spent any gold at number 8. I would have accepted the fact that getting to number 8 was "good enough" and maybe I can get "lucky" opening the rest for free.

So to answer your question, NO, I did not learn anything from previous events because I did not participate in previous events. And to elaborate further, I think every new user has the same expectation that I did because it does not make any sense that opening an ATM could have a different chance just because you have collected credit cards before. It is a scam and others seem to agree.

Valid point on that any person should have same expectation of these events don't matter if they are forum readers or not. How else would they know? It does not get specified anywhere else.

mnju_03
04-22-2012, 02:37 AM
You wanna buy some nice swamp land in Florida

i need muney
04-22-2012, 02:57 AM
perpretated
perpetrated?

eka6484
04-22-2012, 03:06 AM
This is how I felt with the emerald event. I did want the item so I spent gold, I kept spending more and more and I wasn't getting anywhere. Eventually I got to the point where I was just buying more gold to justify the amount I had already spent as I wanted something to show for the money I had wasted. I felt dirty and ashamed of myself after and I have not spent gold on these events since.

mnju_03
04-22-2012, 03:07 AM
Are you still..... Dirty? Do you ever get that not so fresh feeling?

eka6484
04-22-2012, 03:10 AM
Are you still..... Dirty? Do you ever get that not so fresh feeling?

I'm soiled for life!

QPR
04-22-2012, 04:08 AM
Agree with the op these events are definitely a scam

I'm stuck on 7 credit cards for last two days

Sav Clarke
04-22-2012, 04:34 AM
Similiar to QPR above - i have two accounts (ipad and iphone) and on both I raced up to 8 credit cards really quickly and was thinking that I MIGHT be able to actually complete an event for once - been stuck on 8 now for 3 days and i refuse to use gold for the events.

3 days on 2 accounts opening between 12 - 14 a day = 72 to 84 atms opened with nothing :(

FatDaz
04-22-2012, 05:20 AM
Yes, it's unfortunate your introduction to the game has been marred by your expectation and loss. This is my 5th event and I have 9 cards, previously I missed out on 3 events but got the d.ice. Some events I spent gold,I read the forums and some lucky folks collected the top items without gold, some lost a heap with no results.
Every event results in the same reaction, the odds are unfair, etc....my advice, don't expect anything, whatever weapons, respect, money you gain is a bonus gold or not.
If you get all ten well done, but this is a pure gamble, if you goto the casino, drop $200 on black and you get red you don't get your money back or a consolation prize.
Funzio don't promise anything other than a chance, same with opening crates, there are no guarantees.
My advice, this is a wonderful, crazy, maddening, frustrating game which keeps you up at night, drives you insane, get you overdrawn, lets you meets some great people and have a heap of fun.... Carry on and you'll have a great ride but you might want to quit now, once you're hooked...It's too late....good luck

Hank
04-22-2012, 05:24 AM
well it sucks to hear your sob story. you should consider not spending any more gold to cut your losses. the cash option is a realistic way to get the item. I got it, and many others did too. And there is still like a full day left to get the item. You shouldn't expect to get it, you should just be happy if you happen to get it. Stay optomistic because anything can happen. Also, I wouldn't really call it a scam because your not tricked into doing anything here, I rememeber seeing a post from one of the forum moderators saying how the odds of getting cc or diamonds decreases as you get more so i mean its not like they are hiding that fact or anything

Pikachu
04-22-2012, 05:37 AM
I'm happy to reach my realistic goal of 7. Anything higher than 7 is a bonus.

DCjG
04-22-2012, 05:39 AM
I'm happy to reach my realistic goal of 7. Anything higher than 7 is a bonus.

Same here. Aim for 9 these days but content with 7... Cash only.

Swifty
04-22-2012, 05:41 AM
@OP

Thanks for supporting the game.

Dipstik
04-22-2012, 06:09 AM
Excellent... Excellent... Your tears are sweet. More!

Plumbernick9
04-22-2012, 06:12 AM
I love the fact that Funzio does not comment on these situations. Funzio=cowards.

upsman_17
04-22-2012, 06:13 AM
You might want to have a word with yourself for spending 3500 gold on a free app, during a contest that wins you a picture of a fake gun, a gun that provides a stat boost (100 attack) of an unquantified nature. Next contest, here's an idea: Why don't you give me half the money your were gonna to bet, then we'll go out back, I'll kick you in the nuts, and we'll call it a day!

Props to the first person who remembers what movie that last line comes from. Lol.

In all honesty though, thank you for supporting the game so that I can continue to play for free. Be patient, I was in a snit during the first event when I was stuck on 9 and then ending up getting the sig. Keep hope alive. :)

CounterSniper
04-22-2012, 06:15 AM
Vegas Vacation?

mnju_03
04-22-2012, 06:21 AM
You might want to have a word with yourself for spending 3500 gold on a free app, during a contest that wins you a picture of a fake gun, a gun that provides a stat boost (100 attack) of an unquantified nature. Next contest, here's an idea: Why don't you give me half the money your were gonna to bet, then we'll go out back, I'll kick you in the nuts, and we'll call it a day!

Props to the first person who remembers what movie that last line comes from. Lol.

In all honesty though, thank you for supporting the game so that I can continue to play for free. Be patient, I was in a snit during the first event when I was stuck on 9 and then ending up getting the sig. Keep hope alive. :)

We've just bonded.

upsman_17
04-22-2012, 06:26 AM
Vegas Vacation?

You have won a cigar sir. Keeping with the tradition of crime city, it is infact a fake imaginary cigar. But enjoy it none the less.

upsman_17
04-22-2012, 06:28 AM
We've just bonded.

That's all I've ever really wanted. :)

CounterSniper
04-22-2012, 06:29 AM
You have won a cigar sir. Keeping with the tradition of crime city, it is infact a fake imaginary cigar. But enjoy it none the less.

I said it before but I'll say it again, I accept all major credit cards & PayPal. :cool:

Mr xXx
04-22-2012, 06:30 AM
People are prepared to spend $200, $500 dollars on virtual gold to open a virtual ATM? LOL I'm in the wrong business.

CounterSniper
04-22-2012, 06:32 AM
People are prepared to spend $200, $500 dollars on virtual gold to open a virtual ATM? LOL I'm in the wrong business.

Right, I get p/ssed when I have to pay $3.00 to use a real (but out of network) ATM & I know exactly what that will give me. lol

upsman_17
04-22-2012, 06:39 AM

SOME people. Not to sound all uppity, but there is a reason I go on a lot of cruises and drive fast cars and live in a house way bigger than my wife or I need; I DON'T spend money on things like an online gambling event no matter how shiny the picture of the weapon looks. That's just me though. I'm not judging what other people do with their money, it's just beyond my comprehension.

TenderPlacebo
04-22-2012, 07:12 AM
I have to agree that is an insane amount of $$$ to spend, and I also understand where he's coming from. You have to admit he does have a point about funzio not being forthright with odds. That is they don't post that info in the event window, in game. They tell you the basics, but you have to come here to get the real scoop on odds.
I believe that was one of the reasons they gave for nerfing m4; the info isn't available to everyone and forum members have a unfair advantage. The same could be said here, the info is not in game and he had to come here to find out why he wasn't getting it. The only difference is , funzio makes out in this instance, not the player. They didn't force him to spent gold, but he didn't have all the info to base how far he should go with it.
That being said if I spent a 1000 gold I would say F this, and know somthing is up. I guess it took him a bit more, to start looking for answers.

CounterSniper
04-22-2012, 07:16 AM
The first thing I do after starting any game that I know will capture my interest for longer than 15 minutes is look online for Tips, Tricks &/or a Forum. Been doing that for years.

iteachem
04-22-2012, 07:16 AM
So if we are quoting movies for this thread, this quote comes to mind expecially for the ATM addiction,,, Bad enough for me without even consdiering gold...

Thank you sir, may I have another...

i need muney
04-22-2012, 07:18 AM
People are prepared to spend $200, $500 dollars on virtual gold to open a virtual ATM?
For a virtual credit card to get a virtual prize that gives a bit more virtual power O_o

CounterSniper
04-22-2012, 07:24 AM
So if we are quoting movies for this thread, this quote comes to mind expecially for the ATM addiction,,, Bad enough for me without even consdiering gold...

Thank you sir, may I have another...

Animal House

Dipstik
04-22-2012, 07:28 AM
For a virtual credit card to get a virtual prize that gives a bit more virtual power O_o

In a game with unclear goals that can't be won!

upsman_17
04-22-2012, 07:36 AM
can't be won!

Key point.

iteachem
04-22-2012, 07:38 AM
In a game with unclear goals that can't be won!

So enjoy the process and find your own way to make the game your own....For some its spending gold, for some its farming, Realize that like life, this game isn't fair.... but is sure is fun...

i need muney
04-22-2012, 07:58 AM
I hope I ain't hurting nobodies feelings, but I just got my 10th credit card from my first hit with 15 tapjoy :D

Ghost818
04-22-2012, 07:59 AM
I hope I ain't hurting nobodies feelings, but I just got my 10th credit card from my first hit with 15 tapjoy :D
Im using gold for my next one too, i have 105 gold saved from my 3K spent on crates.

mnju_03
04-22-2012, 07:59 AM
Fooooooood fiiiiiiiiiight!

upsman_17
04-22-2012, 08:05 AM

Sweet. Congrats!

Bruce_law
04-22-2012, 08:16 AM
Next time you know dude.

Dont spend gold in these events unless you have a day lasting of the event and are missing only one diamond/em/cc/whatever.

Even that, really think about if you really wanna spend money on this.

This is like Vegas dude. If you're unlucky you are unlucky(you dont say)

i need muney
04-22-2012, 08:29 AM
Sweet. Congrats!
Thank you! ^_^ I now send my supercharged rays of luck to bring fortune and bliss across the universe!

jmeijer
04-22-2012, 09:25 AM
This IS a scam. I will never spend anymore money on this game, Funzio has done it for me. 100€ spent on gold and not a single credit card. I want the exact odds before I consider spending gold in CC.

mnju_03
04-22-2012, 09:33 AM
I want them too! And exact winning lotto numbers and exact everything else, that would be something!
Lol ;)

Olly1
04-22-2012, 09:47 AM
So in summary to this thread:

1) This is not a game of 'luck'
2) If you spend gold it is your choice
3) Funzio will not favour people who do spend gold (their paying customers)
4) Funzio will not provide information and statistics on their game of 'luck'
5) Gambling is a massive industry. This is a form of gambling. The majority of people will lose rather than gain. But it's fun.

Dillinja
04-22-2012, 01:23 PM
Cry me a f**kin river why dont you.
Every time there's an event there's always a load of threads of....I spent an stupid amount of gold and funzio conned me out of the event item.
Well funzio didnt put no (virtual rustie?) gun to no one's head and make them buy the gold and spend it.

If you dont understand the fact that funzio will never give odds (or too much info as it's their biggest business asset), then I seriously suggest you ask yourself how the hell did you make it so far in life without managing to kill yourself?????

mnju_03
04-22-2012, 04:49 PM
Wait wait wait....You can buy a $350 cup of coffee daily? I will gladly make you coffee every morning for half that...
If I paid that much for coffee it better give me orgasms and never ask me what I'm thinking.

Rodimus
04-22-2012, 05:02 PM
I acquired 25+ ATM's with 8 CC's in my possession and decided to buy $24.98 of gold. Now I'm down to 4 ATM still on 8 CC's and a crapload of Hazmat suits. This was my first event so I was determined to get the Bank Buster but it looks like I'm gonna come up short. Also, I went from lvl 9 to 25 when I was gonna chill and grow my economy. Now I feel a little weak compared to all the other players who have nice high earning buildings at my lvl.

upsman_17
04-22-2012, 05:04 PM
Just got my 10th. All medium opens. Robbed an ATM off the guy I've been paying back the past few days and that one gave me the Bank Buster. I feel 100 attack points stronger now. ;) I thanked him accordingly for his contribution to my victory.

upsman_17
04-22-2012, 05:06 PM
Thank you! ^_^ I now send my supercharged rays of luck to bring fortune and bliss across the universe!

Thank you for those supercharged rays of luck. They worked! Fortune and bliss await.

mnju_03
04-22-2012, 05:07 PM
Just got my 10th. All medium opens. Robbed an ATM off the guy I've been paying back the past few days and that one gave me the Bank Buster. I feel 100 attack points stronger now. ;) I thanked him accordingly for his contribution to my victory.

Congrats and that's funny. Good for you. lol

Chiefer
04-22-2012, 05:13 PM
Chiefers Guide to Events:

Buy it all with gold ASAP. They are tampered with all through out the event. Last thing you want to do ever is wait til the last day when they fix the odds.

It's just obvious.
started this event level 99... still 99. Bank buster went from +40 to +100. I see odds diminish in patterns of people posting complaints on the forums. I see that I can test it my way and get out with exactly the income that I predict. Buy it with gold straight up if you want to play fairly based on odds... After that is too much human intervention.

Someone re-stated the bank buster while the event was in progres

That did happen. They don't care to disprove me either.

Prove me wrong. Or let everyone else agree with me.

Dangerous Greg
04-22-2012, 05:14 PM
Yes. I had a lot of gold (bought during the sale) and collected a lot of ATMs so I decided to keep opening because my success rate had been frustrating low after getting #8 (note, i used 0 gold, or maybe just 15-60 gold, to get to credit card #8). So I opened up all of my ATMs today. If it was 500 gold or 1000 gold and I reached #10 I probably would be okay. But 3500 gold to get from #8 to #9? $200++ worth? yes, it is stupid.

If Funzio would have disclosed "the odds are exponentially worse after you get to #8" then I would never have bothered to start the event ... or if I did, then I would at least know what I was getting into.

I have a lot of gold left. I might be the first and only person to delete this game with a lot of gold left.

I honestly do feel for you. I'm in a very similar place. I just think Funzio is just a bit too greedy. Just my opinion based on my own frustration.

sez
04-22-2012, 05:20 PM
I honestly do feel for you. I'm in a very similar place. I just think Funzio is just a bit too greedy. Just my opinion based on my own frustration.

+1 im with ya. I too have spent a little gold, probably 200 total. I didn't start using gold till I got to 9 with just the cash option. In regards to the OP I can't say anything to make ya feel better. Personally I would have stopped at 1000g at least. You could have spent 2000 gold on crates and got quadruple the stat increase the Bank Buster would give you. Sorry OP, it sucks.

Dangerous Greg
04-22-2012, 05:25 PM
I want them too! And exact winning lotto numbers and exact everything else, that would be something!
Lol ;)

Actually, the lotto and other games of chance actually DO report approximate odds of winning. Tricky thing here is that money only goes one way. You never have a chance at winning any real money. Makes it hard not to feel foolish to support virtual ego! (yes, I am feeling foolish myself).

Fredo
04-22-2012, 05:26 PM
The one thing I learned about these events is that you should really not spend any gold to gamble unless you already have 9 of the items and plenty of time to gamble for the tenth. I've been stuck on 8 on two devices for more than 3 1/2 days now, and am opening 20-22 per day. Since I got the 8th ones, I've probably successfully opened at least 20 boxes without a CC. No way I am going to spend gold to try to get two more. You just have to accept it isn't going to happen this time - unlikely gold will change that result unless you're willing to dump hundreds into it. And even then it isn't likely to work. I'm guessing the odds to get the last two CCs is less than 10%/5%, respectively. Too much of a long shot. Either you're lucky and you get it or you don't. Life goes on.

mnju_03
04-22-2012, 05:30 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwEOigT2GWM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwEOigT2GWM

sez
04-22-2012, 05:30 PM

Nice job Bro! Congrats!

DenZ1
04-22-2012, 08:07 PM
The one thing I learned about these events is that you should really not spend any gold to gamble unless you already have 9 of the items and plenty of time to gamble for the tenth. I've been stuck on 8 on two devices for more than 3 1/2 days now, and am opening 20-22 per day. Since I got the 8th ones, I've probably successfully opened at least 20 boxes without a CC. No way I am going to spend gold to try to get two more. You just have to accept it isn't going to happen this time - unlikely gold will change that result unless you're willing to dump hundreds into it. And even then it isn't likely to work. I'm guessing the odds to get the last two CCs is less than 10%/5%, respectively. Too much of a long shot. Either you're lucky and you get it or you don't. Life goes on.

Still not working for me and Ghost. We had plenty of time and gold. :) outcome - 9.

Dangerous Greg
04-22-2012, 08:20 PM
What a sad tale. Unfortunately it is not the only one, many have felt they got burnt. Yes, I now there is free will and people made the decision to spend or not spend gold. However, Funzio set up the situation where their customers felt nudged to go gold. Yes, it is a business but the smart businesses are run without making the customers feel frustrated or in some cases duped. I think it would be much better for Funzio's business to be more customer sensitive.

Who knows when or if Funzio will ever get it. Yes, they are here to make money but I can't agree with you more. The opening/ payout algorithm should be constructed to NOT create frustrated angry players. People spend money and would like to see some benefit of their spending. If they spend a ton and get NOTHING for it..what do you think will happen? It doesn't matter that it's a game of chance, this is a virtual game with virtual rewards. Holly cow! Give it ip a little more Funzio! If players are willing to spend gold to increase their odds (if even slightly) then so be it. This is a good way of getting more money out of the customers and having happier players.
I've spent hundreds on this last event and I will get NOTHING but a bad feeling about the company. Is there someone somewhere that believes that this is a good business position? I certainly would not be complaining so much if I would've finally gotten the prize that I work so hard (sleepless nights) and spent so much money for. Instead Im supposed to be happy with the fact that I will have nothing? 105 gold openings and not a single credit card? Are you freaking kidding me???

Dangerous Greg
04-22-2012, 08:36 PM
What is so funny is that Funzio doesn't quite understand WHY the game is so appealing to so many people. It isn't about the graphics or even the game so much....I honestly dont want to be the one to educate them either. If someone else figures it out, Funzio is going to have real competition. Heck, it might even be me that creates this competition! Just let me say this, creating frustrated players that feel "scammed" can't and should never happen. The fact is that it never has to!
Get it together Funzio, you are very close...but you still don't get it.

i need muney
04-22-2012, 09:18 PM
Thank you for those supercharged rays of luck. They worked! Fortune and bliss await.
Ja! muney-buney to the rescue! -_^

Fong
04-22-2012, 10:10 PM
Just got my 10th. All medium opens.

I have a theory. If it is the 9th or 10th opens and the idiot is opening with gold, make it a lot more harder (say 200%). Then the idiot will buy more gold and more money flowing in to the company's account.

As so many people are able to do it without gold, and so many people spent a lot of gold and still stuck at 8th or 9th, that support my theory.

mdtacor
04-22-2012, 10:15 PM
After being stuck on 8/10 since Thursday, I broke down an hour ago and bought enough gold to get 9 and 10.
Took opening about 25 ATMs to get #9 and opening 85 ATMs to get #10 for me. $190 gold spent woohoo! Well I gotta go...cya when I get outta rehab!

i need muney
04-22-2012, 10:20 PM
Problem is that there's no DNA scanner on the iPad.

Fredo
04-22-2012, 10:36 PM
Greg - that really sucks. I think when players have an experience like that, they are less likely to ever spend money on gold again, and it alienates them. Which would normally be an unwise business decision by Funzio, but I have developed over time an operating assumption that they have no interest in keeping long term customers. It's just not the business model, which relies more on player churn and new product. The want to milk current players as much as they can, and when they leave, move on to the next group to repeat the cycle until the game is turned off. I could also provide my view on the longevity of this market segment, but suffice it to say I'd never invest in one of these companies if publicly traded. Maybe in the initial rounds of financing pre-IPO for a profit when it went public, but even that is probably too much of a gamble with my own money.

DenZ1
04-22-2012, 11:59 PM
I have a theory. If it is the 9th or 10th opens and the idiot is opening with gold, make it a lot more harder (say 200%). Then the idiot will buy more gold and more money flowing in to the company's account.

As so many people are able to do it without gold, and so many people spent a lot of gold and still stuck at 8th or 9th, that support my theory.

Definitely feels like that.

Justintubbs01
04-23-2012, 12:29 AM
I totally agree, if you spend gold even to increase your chances slightly, you should rewarded for your spendings. I will have to say-I have had good luck on every event except this last one-however, angry players are not a good thing for funzio and they seem to have a lot of them. Money = Greed. And Funzio will continue to do event after event after event because the fact of the matter is they will make money no matter what. As soon as one person decides they are done with the game another player enters the game. They are to big to care, but it will only last so long. However, by the end of it, they will be extremely wealthy.

dudeman
04-23-2012, 12:53 AM
They need to bring back the stickied event guide, perhaps with an added disclaimer that gold spending does not increase the chance of anything but a guaranteed open box. All the boxes have something in them, and if you open one with gold you get whatever is inside. If you don't like what you're getting or you think it's really not worth what it cost, don't spend gold.

If that stickied event guide were still available (maybe it is somewhere but I couldn't find it), more newcomers checking the forum for information would be aware that the chance of obtaining an event currency declines every time you get one. To put it differently, imagine a large paper bag filled with $5 bills. Also inside the bag are ten $100 bills. If you reach inside and pull out a $100 bill, there are fewer left in the bag, so there is less chance to randomly pull one out. The only difference I can see between that situation and the CC events is that if you pulled out enough $5 bills, eventually there would only be $100 bills left in the bag and your chance would increase.

jaywalker
04-23-2012, 02:08 AM
Same problem, different item.

Scam sandwich...or scam wrap if your calorie conscious.

Wraps has about 300 calories, I prefer scam without wrap or bread to cover it :)

Dangerous Greg
04-23-2012, 07:10 AM

As so many people are able to do it without gold, and so many people spent a lot of gold and still stuck at 8th or 9th, that support

I actually think you are on the right track! I think I can find the answer to the question but it will take some time and user information.

Facasca
04-23-2012, 12:55 PM
Gastar Ouro é a maior besteira. É jogar dinheiro fora. Vai se f......!!!!

Amber_
04-23-2012, 03:10 PM
I feel really bad for you OP, know the feeling..
You ppl that say "ah what an idiot he is for spending 3500 gold on this", cut him some slack. Yes 3500 gold is a lot of cash, but you never start out thinking that you're going to spend that amount. Most people get frustrated when they reach 8-9 and can't get any further. They buy like 200-400 gold in hope that one of the next few boxes will be IT. Thats the case for a few lucky guys, but for most they don't get anything. They buy MORE gold, thinking "well now I really HAVE to get that last one cause otherwise all the cash I've spent will be for nothing". And then you do the whole thing again. It's really easy to spend crazy amounts of cash really fast this way, and funzio knows that. The fact that the next one CAN be the one makes people spend and spend. And when you finally get the item, you feel more relieved than happy.

Ghost818
04-23-2012, 03:35 PM
That is why when you go to a Casino, always keep in mind, the odds are always on the house. (except for my case on the Cruise I was on :D)

tnguyen621
04-23-2012, 09:08 PM
Posted on the 0 for 5 thread & thought I would share on this one as well. Relatively new to this & have been playing for the last several months. This is my third event. First one I only got to 8/10. However I was very surprise to see in everyone's post that no one had gotten to 10 in the last 2 events. I wanted to post that I actually got both the loaded dice & bank buster using only cash. I just figured that they made the events a little easier but I guess that isn't the case from reading all the posts. Guess I'm one of a very few lucky ones. Both were won on the last day with about 12 hours left & in both I kept going & found that they keep giving items or cash. I've seen a couple people that I've attacked that had won the loaded dice but haven't come across anyone with the bank buster. Hope this gives some hope for people on the next one. I know I'm looking forward to it & hope my luck continues.

RayEthell13
06-01-2012, 05:36 AM
You should approach someone concerned in this matter. Hopefully your problem will be solved as early as possible. Best Wishes!

Regards,
CreditCardsAustralia.com.au
www.creditcardsaustralia.com.au (http://www.creditcardsaustralia.com.au/)

Dipstik
06-01-2012, 05:54 AM
Your concern is appreciated!

Khayman
06-01-2012, 06:40 AM
Didn't read all the post but i spent 6000 gold in the "free-banking" item and i failed so much.

Ok. No problem. MY money and MY freedom to spend it as i wish (damm i'm anarchocapitalist, for me a contract is SACRED), but no more. Those were the LAST money that i spend in the game, they lose a paying player and earn a free player.

PS. Spanish tipical quote:
"If you lie me one time is your fault, if you lie me two times itīs mine."