PDA

View Full Version : Some suggestions i have just made to the Funzio team

The Billionaire
04-21-2012, 02:39 PM
Dear Funzio,

I am a very regular player of Crime City and think it’s one of the best apps I’ve ever played. Therefore I have a number of suggestions that I think would greatly improve the customer’s in-game experience.

 Our ‘Inventory’ should be sorted by how powerful each weapon is and list the weapons in order from the most powerful to the least powerful.
 I hate the fact that my ‘Inventory’ has so many weapons in it and a lot of them don’t get used by my mafia. I think each player should have an ‘Armory’ where they can store weapons that aren’t being used by their mafia.
 Get rid of the ‘Loot’ tab, all the loot weapons are displayed under each category anyway. You could use this space as the ‘Armory’ for players to move the equipment into that they don’t want to or isn’t using by their mafia.
 I think you could make the ‘Stats’ page a lot more useful. I think you should do away with the ‘# of weapons’ and break it down a bit more to show the following - # of guns, # of melee, # of explosives, # of armor & # of vehicles. I’ve created a spreadsheet which I’m currently having to update every week to make sure my mafia is fully equipped with a piece of equipment from each category. By having the number of guns, melee, explosives, armor and vehicles as a ‘Stat’ on our ‘Profile’ page would enable every player to see which categories their mafia isn’t fully equipped in. This would also enable players to grow their ‘Inventory’ at the same rate they grow their mafia.
 Obviously space is short on the ‘Stats’ page but by moving the ‘Class’ info to the line below the mafia code would create space for the extra couple of lines needed to show the # of guns, # of melee, # of explosives, # of armor & # of vehicles.
 On the ‘Menu’ I think you should swap the position of the ‘Add Funds’ button with the ‘News’ button. I use the ‘News’ button quite a lot to take revenge on people who have robbed my hood and therefore it would be a lot easier if it was on the first ‘Menu’ page.
 I think you should be able to upgrade money buildings and defence buildings at the same time
 I think you should have a cheaper ‘gold’ explosive available. Having the hellfire missile at 150 gold bars as the cheapest gold explosive isn’t very friendly

I also play Crime City on my iPad but it doesn’t perform as well as the app on my iPhone. Please can you investigate the following?
 Events still aren’t showing on my iPad
 When I visit other peoples hoods their decorations aren’t shown. Only buildings are visible.

I hope give serious consideration to my suggestions as I think all of them would really improve the game play and give the customer more customisation when equipping their mafia.

I look forward to your reply and it would be nice if you could say why or why not you think each of my suggestions are a good idea.

Many Thanks

The Billionaire aka Avon Barksdale (482-088-993)

The Billionaire
04-21-2012, 04:19 PM
Yeah i've done that, it would just be nice to see the stats on my profile page so i know how many items i've got in each category and don't have to keep doing a stock take of my inventory every week.

What i really want is an area to move all the rubbish bits of equipment too so that my inventory only houses the equipment my mafia are using. I could then get rid of all the pistols, trench coats etc.

sez
04-21-2012, 04:30 PM
Yeah i've done that, it would just be nice to see the stats on my profile page so i know how many items i've got in each category and don't have to keep doing a stock take of my inventory every week.

What i really want is an area to move all the rubbish bits of equipment too so that my inventory only houses the equipment my mafia are using. I could then get rid of all the pistols, trench coats etc.

Like the 1200 butterfly knives? Very nicely done TB, thanks for sharing.

sister morphine
04-22-2012, 04:38 AM
I'd like similar applied to the "my mob" pages, which are like slow torture to navigate. There doesn't seem to be any logic to the way people are listed there, so why not arrange mafia either in order of level or alphabetically, and even better allow users to select mafia members as favourites, which would be incredibly useful to ease communication with those you chat with or visit regularly.

On the inventory thing, it would be nice if players could sell items no longer used, which would certainly ease the congestion even better than The Billionaire's idea of shoving them into a junk room.

Pikachu
04-22-2012, 05:34 AM
Instead of selling unused items, maybe we could at least just trash them for free. No compensation but no clutter. I'd rather have that.

The Billionaire
04-22-2012, 12:20 PM
I'd like similar applied to the "my mob" pages, which are like slow torture to navigate. There doesn't seem to be any logic to the way people are listed there, so why not arrange mafia either in order of level or alphabetically, and even better allow users to select mafia members as favourites, which would be incredibly useful to ease communication with those you chat with or visit regularly.

On the inventory thing, it would be nice if players could sell items no longer used, which would certainly ease the congestion even better than The Billionaire's idea of shoving them into a junk room.

Hey there sister how's it going? I knew there was something i'd forgotten and you got it spot on. We need some kind of favourites list so you can visit your mates instead of having to scroll through 400 people to find them.

i need muney
04-22-2012, 12:39 PM
This thread is made out of wishful thinking :)

Dipstik
04-22-2012, 12:57 PM
As long as we're dreaming, I'm going to hope that it was one of my friends/neighbors who picked up my ipad for safe keeping and that's why I can't find it anywhere.

On an unrelated note, is there any way I can log into my game from my new ipad? I don't think I want to start over.

Dipstik
04-22-2012, 01:01 PM
That's weird... I just installed the game and tried to play... I don't get the tutorial, my name is "Alex", I am level 1, but I can go to the junkyard...

wtf?

Let me guess... I'm going to have to wait a week to get funzio's help on this, aren't I? I guess the final kick in the pants would be losing my chance to get that 10th credit card.

Whoopdido1980
04-22-2012, 07:11 PM
In my experience, the only thing Funzio has been slow in responding to, from a personal standpoint, has been transferring my games. I've transferred twice and each time took over 5 days. All other issues have been dealt with within 24 hours.

emcee
04-22-2012, 07:33 PM
Funzio creators originally came from Storm8. Their similar game is iMobster which can't compare to CC quality.

However, they do have some better thought out options. For instance, my profile has items listed from lowest stats to highest with loot items after.

There's also a leaderboard section which allows you to sort your mob by experience, fights won, hit list kills and missions completed.

sister morphine
04-23-2012, 12:40 AM
Hi Billionaire. I'm doing better since putting on a spurt to put a little distance between us, ha ha! When we met your stats were about 5000 better than mine I think. I've now eliminated that gap (mostly through R points) assuming yours haven't bounced up too. How's yerself then?

If 400 is all you have to deal with have pity; I've got over 1100 now and can't see some of them at all as the mob list stops at 1001. I keep wondering if I'd be better off dropping some people - the lack of an instant messaging system makes that even harder as you can't explain why without visiting the hood and that means two trawls through the list. I'd feel a bit bad about dumping loads without explaining why.

sister morphine
04-23-2012, 12:43 AM
That's weird... I just installed the game and tried to play... I don't get the tutorial, my name is "Alex", I am level 1, but I can go to the junkyard...

Aaaarrgghh!! Not another Alex. If I had $1,000 for each one I've come across I could buy a nightclub, lol

skeeterz71
04-23-2012, 01:00 AM
I wish we could login to the game. I had to do a master reset on my phone. Couldn't access my original hood at level 37 and had to start all over. That sucked.

jaywalker
04-23-2012, 02:26 AM
In my experience, the only thing Funzio has been slow in responding to, from a personal standpoint, has been transferring my games. I've transferred twice and each time took over 5 days. All other issues have been dealt with within 24 hours.

I wish we could login to the game. I had to do a master reset on my phone. Couldn't access my original hood at level 37 and had to start all over. That sucked.

I you give them your UDID right away it usually takes less time. I Have contacted Funzio 4-5 times about transferring and they have replied me and done what I asked in less than 24H.
You can still get your acc back if you want skeeterz...

@Billionare:
The news button is perfectly placed for me. Click bottom right, slightly up to the left, then over, wait 0,5 seconds and your newsfeed shows.
The "stats" page could always be a scrollable page.
Cheaper gold explosives? Only if they are consumeable. Goldplayers already have an advantage.
Ipad: Install the "normal" CC and you should get the events (a friend of mine gets it on his CCHD, one doesn't. Still crash all the time).

The rest: indifferent or agree :)