PDA

View Full Version : Ipad in for warranty? Prepare advice

iteachem
04-21-2012, 08:43 AM
So will be taking my ipad in for a warranty issue (yellowing border) I will back up my Ipad put in a game id so I can transfer the game if necessary..

anything else I need to do or watch for

Ghost818
04-21-2012, 08:45 AM
Make sure you have your UDID on hand too just incase something happens and you need it.

i need muney
04-21-2012, 08:51 AM
Setup as old
Get UDID
I think that's it

CounterSniper
04-21-2012, 08:51 AM
I would backup to the cloud and to whatever pc you sync with cuz some apps use one but not the other and you wont know for sure till its too late.

iteachem
04-21-2012, 12:40 PM
If you transfer a game do you need both Ipads... ie should I designate the one i have now as the old device before I take it in in case they give me a refurb..

iteachem
04-21-2012, 12:44 PM
off to the genius store...any last minute responses to my previous post

iteachem
04-22-2012, 07:09 AM
okay, one more question about this...of course being so addicted to CC is set it up immediately and played a little in the food court before heading home.

Now I have noticed that suddenly all my notifications are working awesomely... I am getting notifications every hour for the atm event etc. That didn't happen before.

Well, now I have to restore the backup from the laptop to get back some data files etc and was wondering... Since i have now set the cc account to the new ipad will I have any issues when I restore the backup. IE do I have to consider this like a transfer of an account when I restore the ipad or since I have already set up cc on the new ipad will the account work without any issues

So question... I will need to

mnju_03
04-22-2012, 08:13 AM
I have nothing funny to add. That is all.