PDA

View Full Version : Beginners Guide For Kingdom Age

Pages : [1] 2

Ghost818
04-21-2012, 02:31 AM
I would like to cover the topics brought up so far by fellow forum mates. Submitting Ticket To Support, Game Rests, Data Sheet & Kingdom Planner Spreadsheet, Level Cap, Classes, Quests, Area Mastery, Bank/Vault, Honor, Skill Points, Allies & How They Benefit You, Farming/Looting, the Basics of Best Weapon/Armor, Breakdown of Hero Equipment VS Army Equipment and Units.

Submitting Ticket To Support: There may be limitless reasons to contact Funzio's support. Whether it be reporting a bug or glitch, or you have a question that needs a definite answer. Whether you made a mistake with Gem Purchases, or for various other reasons that you would need to contact support this is how:

Contact support if you need help , either by through the game:

Menu >> MORE>> HELP >> Contact support ( would be top left corner)

OR alternatively you can email them at:

support@funzio.com

Be sure to include:

1)Which game you are submitting a ticket about
2)In game name, level and code
3)Version Number, build, data/kernel

NOTE: In my opinion it would be better to not post possible cheats or cheaters on the forum, why? Because this causes unneeded chaos, distracts the true purpose of this forum. Instead please report them to support and don't post them on the forum.

Game Resets: There is no option to reset your game and start over if you make a mistake. Do not contact support, because this feature is unfortunatley unavailable. An alternative if you have more than one device, you can transfer to your other device, then when you close and re open the app it will be a brand new game, with a brand new name and code.

Old Device = Device you are transferring from
New Device = Device you are transferring to

Beware! If you do this method you will lose all your gems if you have purchased any.

To Transfer:
1) You go to Menu >>
2) More >>
3) Funzio ID >>
4) Transfer Game >>
5) Make An Account (Funzio ID, Email, Password) >>
6) Old Device >>
7) Log In >>
8) Go to another iPhone, iPod, iPad you want to transfer to >>
9) Follow Steps 1-4 >>
10) New Device >>
11) Log In >>
12) Close App on both devices >>
13) Magic happens and you start the tutorial again on the Old Device while the New Device carries the old account.

Please note, if you do this method you will lose all your gems if you have purchased any.

Data Sheet: This is a Data Sheet created and managed by our forum mates which includes data regarding all the buildings, loot, units, and much more.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aj9pi1nr5A99dFF0UWZKZWxzSGVyZkh5ekhnUnh0e lE

Kingdom Planner Spreadsheet: This is a Kingdom Planner Spreadsheet Created by ItzKakarot which contains the Money Building information from the Original Data Sheet, and allows you to see what purchase and/or upgrade is best for your Kingdom!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AqX4lDb5cyUvdGxyTXZFeTRBc1poXy1xcVg0cHFKQ UE#gid=1

Follow the instructions on the Read Me Section to get started!

Level Cap: The current Kingdom Age iOS Level Cap is 50. This will be changed in the near future.

Classes: Player classes are Warrior, Mage, and Rogue. As stated in the FAQs there is no significant difference in any of these classes, other than the Hero Equipment available for them to buy, and the Weapons/Armor that can be equipped.

NOTE: It is assumed all purchasable equipment for all classes are the same price and same stats, just different look and names.

However take into consideration, each map and monster, has different loot for different classes that drops from different monsters. Farm accordingly.

Quests: There are numerous Quests to be done while building your Kingdom. Some require you to follow the missions, some kill certain boss monsters, some kill rare monsters that take longer to spawn, some master a map to a certain level. Some require you to attack/raid rivals buildings. Some require you to reach a certain Ally Limit, some to produce a certain number of units. Some to upgrade or build certain buildings. The possibilities are endless.

NOTE: As listed above, some quests will require you to kill a certain number of monsters. Some of these monsters may be rare, which means you will have to kill other monsters until one of these more rare monsters come along. Do not be startled or discouraged.

Area Mastery: When the area mastery level goes up for a certain map, it means you killed a certain # of required monsters to master that map. For every time you master a level at a map, the monsters will have more HP, meaning it will be harder to kill them and consume more energy, but you will gain more gold and exp per area mastery level.

Bank/Vault: Your bank/vault will protect your money from your rivals. The protected money can not be looted from you and you can spend it safely. There is a limit on how much money can be protected, but this can be upgraded and the limit raised, with time and patience. The max amount to be upgraded is 333,000.

HINT: Don't forget, Gems/Gold is the ultimate substitute for Time.

Honor: Honor is only used to purchase superior units when unlocked. If you are camping you can't use Honor to buy units.

Skill Points: Army Attack, Army Defense, Stamina, and Hero Strength

Army Attack: The number of skill points invested in this category raises the chances of successfully attacking rivals weaker, equal to, or stronger than you. The more points invested the greater the odds of defeating someone stronger than you. The actual and exact benefit or effect is unknown, but this is the idea behind adding Skill Points into Army Attack.

Army Defense: The number of skill points invested in this category raises the chances of successfully defending against rivals weaker, equal to, or stronger than you. The more points invested the greater the odds of defending against someone stronger than you. The actual and exact benefit or effect is unknown, but this is the idea behind adding Skill Points into Army Defense.

Stamina: The orange bar that determines how many times you can attack or raid spread across your rivals.

Hero Strength: Each point invested in the Hero Strength category adds 1 to your maximum total damage.

NOTE: Do not confuse Hero Strength as an option to raise your energy level. Energy only goes up by leveling up.

Allies & How They Benefit You: Your total Ally Count is equal to your current level x 5, just recently they set a Ally viewing cap, meaning you may have 500 Allies but you are only level 10 so you will see that you only have 50, so you have a better understanding of how many allies you are using. However allies you may have previously added and or allies you currently add may not raise the ally count at your current level, but they are being added in the background. When you level up your ally count will automatically go up accordingly. Each Ally, allows you to take 3 of your best units with you to attacks and raids. Each unit allows you to take 1 weapon and 1 armor with them to equip them during attacks and raids.

Yes there is a maximum Ally Cap, it is 500. Why was this set you ask? Because they are unneeded and to prevent bugs from occurring. Yes this does mean some units will be replaced by better units, do not be surprised when you have 50 Foot Soldiers but only use 5, and do not be surprised when 180 of your Gloom Scorchers bought with your hard earned money, are replaced by better items.

To check if you are under-equipping yourself, meaning you don't have enough units, weapons, or armor as you should, you can click/tap the Blue Icon in your Profile that looks like http://i1249.photobucket.com/albums/hh501/ghostly818/d0511de8-1-2.jpg and it will show you the maximum total of units, armor, and weapons you can use as of your current level, and how many you have and or missing. These numbers will increase as you level because per level you use 5 more Allies, which grants you 3 more units per ally, allowing you to take 1 weapon and 1 armor per unit.

NOTE: Who you add as an Ally has no effect on how strong you are or on your stats. It does not matter what their stats are or how many allies they have. Each person you add is just a dummy with an alias as "Ally" , you are the one who equips them with your units and your equipment. Seeking specific people has no advantage unless they are your friends and you want them as an ally. Grunts are allies awarded in game. They are awarded by doing the "Battle" quests to attack and defeat 5, 9, 15, etc rivals will award a grunt. This is subject to change as they add more quests. If you want to limit your ally count, stay away from doing these quests for now.

Also, if you add someone to your allies, you will no longer see them in your rivals list, and neither will they see you in theirs.

HINT: You can add people who are stronger than you, so they don't kill your hard earned units and destroy your kingdom.

Breakdown of Hero Equipment VS Army Equipment:

Hero Equipment: Hero Equipment consists of 2 groups and 4 sub groups. There is the "Best Weapon/Armor" (See Topic Below) and all other weapons and armor not used by your Hero.

Group 1: Best Weapon or Armor is what your Hero(Character) equips while fighting monsters (PVE). This regulates how much your max possible damage is (the attack points of Best Weapon and Best Armor + 1 extra damage per # invested into the Hero Strength skill). Only 1 of each superior weapon or armor is needed to raise your maximum damage, buying more of the same item will have no effect on your current maximum possible damage, it will only equip your units with superior equipment.

Group 2: Is previous used and unused equipment equipped by your hero, when it is replaced by a new weapon or armor that is then passed on to your army to use and your hero uses the better weapon or armor during PVE.

Subgroups: Hero Equipment is categorized by your character class. If you are a Warrior, you will see different weapons and armor that are available for purchase other classes don't see in the Hero Equipment store because it is only equip-able by Warriors. Same goes for the Mage and Rogue classes. All purchased items from the Hero Equipment menu is equip-able by your class. However not all loot found from monsters may be equip-able by your class.

There is also another subgroup that certain weapons or armor can be looted from monsters that is a universal item that all classes can use.

Army Equipment: Army Equipment is only used by your units and cannot be used by your character no matter how much better they are than your hero's current best weapon or armor.

The Basics of Best Weapon and Armor: Best items are the attack and defense measurements of the armor and weapons. Based on my experience and knowledge I have gained, Best Weapon would be considered by the weapon with highest attack you can equip, and Best Armor would be the armor with the highest defense you can equip.

What "you can equip" means is, there are 4 different categories for weapons and armor and they are not stated in the game. They would be Warrior, Mage, Rogue, and All. Meaning there are certain weapons and armor only a Warrior can equip, certain Mages can equip, certain Rogues can equip, and an all class, that all classes can use.

Farming/Looting: Loot is not at a 100% drop rate, this means you might have to attack multiple monsters before you get a single drop. It is also possible to attack multiple monsters in a row and get consecutive loot drops, loot has a random percentage drop rate. Each monster also drops different and possibly the same loot.

Better loot can be found at the latest unlocked maps available to you. If you find that you are too weak and it takes too long to farm at the latest unlocked map available to you, you should move onto the second to last map available, etc.

Do not be surprised when you loot a weapon or armor that is the best in your inventory but is not listed as your "Best Weapon or Armor". This may mean the weapon or armor you looted is not meant for your class. But rest assured, even though that item isn't used directly by your character to attack monsters, it is used by your units in your army, thus raising your attack/defense stats.

HINT: The more damage you do, the less energy it costs to kill monsters. The less energy it costs to kill monsters means you kill more monsters on a full energy bar. The more monsters you can kill with less energy consumed, means more chances of loot to drop. More loot means a higher Attack and Defense score, and possibly an upgrade to your "Best Weapon and Armor". It is advised to wisely invest your skill points into Hero Strength for this method to work.

Your Damage =

Best weapons attack # + Best armors attack # + points invested in Hero Strength = Maximum Possible Damage.

This doesnt mean you will always do that exact #, that is your cap.

Only 1 of each Best Weapon or Armor is needed to raise your maximum damage, buying more will have no effect on your current maximum possible damage.

To obtain Maximum Potential for your maximum possible damage, you would have to follow the hint above, the results will lead you to better loot in the long run, making the process of looting easier and faster.

Units: There are 4 Types of Units; Infantry, Magic, Beast, and Machine.

The unit building required to produce Infantry Units are, Barracks and Colosseum.
The unit building required to produce Magic units are, Magic Academy and Wizard's Spire.
The unit building required to produce Beast Units are, Beast Warren and Breeding Den.
The unit building required to produce Machine Units are, Siege Workshop and Gnomish Lab.

There is a possibility to loot Units from PVP, this is also a random factor and most looted units can also be lost in attacks and raids. All units have a chance of being lost while attacking or raiding. You will see if you lost any units during an attack or raid during the Battle Results screen. The chance of Units lost are dependant on the type of Unit. The chances are very high, high, medium, low, very low, and indestructible.

NOTE: Honor units are unlocked after leveling up, don't be surprised if you can't use Honor if you are camping.

Disclaimer: This Guide is solely based on my experience and knowledge I have gained feel free to share it and spread the knowledge. These are not 100% facts because my observations may be wrong. Information in this guide is subject to change if it is wrong. If you want specifics, feel free to contact support. If the question isn't sensitive then it will be answered to your satisfaction. This Guide is Copyrighted ©, Service Marked℠, Trademarked™, Registered®, and Owned by Ghost Inc.©℠™®

Thank you for reading,
Ghost

Ghost818
04-21-2012, 02:50 AM
Reserved for Annoucements/edits

Colonelbob
04-21-2012, 05:51 AM
Great post, this will help a lot of the newer players (assuming they read it). Something to note for your allies section is that they appear to have capped your allies also by level. I received and in game message today stating that I was at my Allie cap for my level, which then changed after I levelled up again.

Ducati
04-21-2012, 06:11 AM
Thanks, this is very helpfull.

Maniaxe
04-21-2012, 06:34 AM
Great intro to the game, very well written. This should really help cut down on multiple posts/questions. This should be a sticky and I have a feeling this wont be your last guide for KA?....

Ghost818
04-21-2012, 08:16 AM
Great intro to the game, very well written. This should really help cut down on multiple posts/questions. This should be a sticky and I have a feeling this wont be your last guide for KA?....

We shall see my friend :)

vball
04-21-2012, 08:22 AM
Outstanding work. Thank you for taking the time to do this.

CounterSniper
04-21-2012, 08:49 AM
As Always Ghost...Job Well Done!

OG Hottman
04-21-2012, 09:26 AM
Just getting started with this game from cc and mw. Great orientation for beginners

eka6484
04-21-2012, 10:01 AM
Thank you mate!

Ghost818
04-21-2012, 10:18 AM
If anyone has a different playstyle and would like to inform me how it works, please do so! It can be added to the Guide!

Dreno33
04-21-2012, 10:24 AM
sweet guide Ghost. Recommendation: Start researching with others (at least one of each class) and post the types of hero equipment and their benefits, etc.

*I haven't started yet but this would DEFINITELY help my decision in picking a class.

Jp lfs
04-21-2012, 10:30 AM
Very well written. Thank you! I know a lot of time goes into these guides.

Ghost818
04-21-2012, 10:33 AM
sweet guide Ghost. Recommendation: Start researching with others (at least one of each class) and post the types of hero equipment and their benefits, etc.

*I haven't started yet but this would DEFINITELY help my decision in picking a class.

I think all purchasable equipment would be equal in value regarding price and stats, just different look and name.

However loot is possible to be different at different locations and monsters.

MarkyMort
04-21-2012, 01:03 PM
Great guide Ghost! Thanks for making this. I have a couple a questions that I was wondering if you know. First I was wondering how the defensive building benefit players and where they benefit. My other questions is: When you are attacking rivals (pvp) does your hero go into battle with you? For example say you have just 1 ally so you bring in 3 units, 3 weapons, 3 armor... does the hero also go into battle wearing it's armor? Or does the hero only effect pve?

MarkyMort
04-21-2012, 01:04 PM
Sorry Ghost one more question, haha. In the FAQ it states that there is a level cap. Have you discovered what it is yet?

Ghost818
04-21-2012, 01:31 PM
Great guide Ghost! Thanks for making this. I have a couple a questions that I was wondering if you know. First I was wondering how the defensive building benefit players and where they benefit. My other questions is: When you are attacking rivals (pvp) does your hero go into battle with you? For example say you have just 1 ally so you bring in 3 units, 3 weapons, 3 armor... does the hero also go into battle wearing it's armor? Or does the hero only effect pve? The Animation is just for fun, it doesn't matter which units you take in the animation. As for what you take into battle is factored by allies I assume that the hero is already counted as 1 ally. If it wasn't how would you attack in the beginning of the game. Just my opinion though, I will get a definite answer for this one.

Ghost818
04-21-2012, 01:31 PM
Sorry Ghost one more question, haha. In the FAQ it states that there is a level cap. Have you discovered what it is yet?
No but I will also have an answer soon.

MarkyMort
04-21-2012, 01:46 PM
Thank you very much.

Do you understand the role defense buildings play? As in do you know in what situations they boost your defense, ie being raided vs attacked?

Tate
04-21-2012, 02:18 PM
Great guide Ghost! I would think that all the noob's shd really appreciate the help. It's a tough new world out there!

Ghost818
04-21-2012, 02:24 PM
Thank you very much.

Do you understand the role defense buildings play? As in do you know in what situations they boost your defense, ie being raided vs attacked? Defense buildings contribute the shown defense amount that their radius covers. I will have a definite answer for exactly what they do soon.

fuzzy
04-21-2012, 02:30 PM
Thanks Ghost.

Just downloaded and got it started, happened to be 12 gold blocks for Crime City inside of TapJoy.

Something else to waste time when I'm at work. lol

MarkyMort
04-21-2012, 03:16 PM
The Animation is just for fun, it doesn't matter which units you take in the animation. As for what you take into battle is factored by allies I assume that the hero is already counted as 1 ally. If it wasn't how would you attack in the beginning of the game. Just my opinion though, I will get a definite answer for this one.

In a further look at this, it looks like to me that when you go to battle the armor or your hero can be used in battle (on one of your other units) but the hero itself is not part of the actual statistics of the battle since the hero doesn't have stats of it's own. But it looks like if you have no units and go into battle you can't even use your hero's armor for the pvp battle since you have no unit to wear it. I tested this out and attacked without any units and I had 0 units armor and weapons even though my hero had some. Another observation I noticed was when I added one unit and attacked another player the one unit used a weapon but he did not use the armor my hero had. I have a hypothesis that may be because the hero armor I had may not have been an equip-able type of armor for the foot soldier that was my one unit. When I bought a different type of armor for my hero the unit was able to use it into battle.

-->FISH<--
04-21-2012, 03:16 PM
Ghost,

That was awesome, thanks for the guide.

I still don't understand the #of allies cap. I went from 250 to 45. I don't get to see the people I want to chat with and I can't search them up. In MW you can look for more. Was it a Glitch that at lvl 9 I could have 250?

Ghost818
04-21-2012, 03:20 PM
Ghost,

That was awesome, thanks for the guide.

I still don't understand the #of allies cap. I went from 250 to 45. I don't get to see the people I want to chat with and I can't search them up. In MW you can look for more. Was it a Glitch that at lvl 9 I could have 250?

Not a glitch, they just felt it would be easier for players to regulate and understand how many allies they are using, you still have those allies, I guess they just need to be unlocked.

Ghost818
04-21-2012, 03:22 PM
In a further look at this, it looks like to me that when you go to battle the armor or your hero can be used in battle (on one of your other units) but the hero itself is not part of the actual statistics of the battle since the hero doesn't have stats of it's own. But it looks like if you have no units and go into battle you can't even use your hero's armor for the pvp battle since you have no unit to wear it. I tested this out and attacked without any units and I had 0 units armor and weapons even though my hero had some. Another observation I noticed was when I added one unit and attacked another player the one unit used a weapon but he did not use the armor my hero had. I have a hypothesis that may be because the hero armor I had may not have been an equip-able type of armor for the foot soldier that was my one unit. When I bought a different type of armor for my hero the unit was able to use it into battle.

I was told by support that the animation has no effect on the outcome, it's just for fun. Of course if that is what you were referring to. Perhaps of you want to get more specific contact support and you can give me insight on how it works I'll update the guide when you have official news :)

-->FISH<--
04-21-2012, 03:29 PM
One last thing on that topic..... Are you telling me they chose which ones I kept for my battles or do I still get to use the people I want? The ones left on my screen are almost all lvl 10 or below. My heavy hitters aren't in my 45. Support told me they were still there but, didn't explain which ones I was taking into battle. Any clarification?

MarkyMort
04-21-2012, 03:31 PM
I was told by support that the animation has no effect on the outcome, it's just for fun. Of course if that is what you were referring to. Perhaps of you want to get more specific contact support and you can give me insight on how it works I'll update the guide when you have official news :)

Sorry, I was a little confusing in what I said. Yeah it makes sense to me that the battle animations are just for fun, I was referring to the actual stats of the battle and the outcome. That is what I was referring to when I tested it out.

Ghost818
04-21-2012, 03:49 PM
One last thing on that topic..... Are you telling me they chose which ones I kept for my battles or do I still get to use the people I want? The ones left on my screen are almost all lvl 10 or below. My heavy hitters aren't in my 45. Support told me they were still there but, didn't explain which ones I was taking into battle. Any clarification? the levels, stats, gender, class or amount of allies that your allies have does not affect you in anyway. Its all base on your unit stats and what you equip them with. Allies just allow you to use 3 more units. That's all.

jkl
04-21-2012, 03:54 PM
Ghost, this is fantastic! Thanks so much for the help. I wish I had insight like this before starting Crime City day 1. I am still waiting for KA promotion for the free shotgun for iPad players. As soon as that happens, I'm there. Thanks again man!

Ghost818
04-21-2012, 04:15 PM

Sorry, I was a little confusing in what I said. Yeah it makes sense to me that the battle animations are just for fun, I was referring to the actual stats of the battle and the outcome. That is what I was referring to when I tested it out.
I will analyze your question more into depth by tonight.

Ghost818
04-21-2012, 04:16 PM
Ghost, this is fantastic! Thanks so much for the help. I wish I had insight like this before starting Crime City day 1. I am still waiting for KA promotion for the free shotgun for iPad players. As soon as that happens, I'm there. Thanks again man!All in a days work chief. Not a prob.

Ghost818
04-21-2012, 05:42 PM

I read your post again, this time on the computer not my phone.

What I understood is the hero isnt squash till you have 1 unit to support it, and that makes sense because as I said before think of the Hero as 1 Ally during PVP. Your have to equip it with 3 units and 1armor/weapon for each unit.

The rest I am having trouble grasping. Perhaps make the wording a little more clear, or give it in a breakdown type of method?

You may be onto something that may bring up questions later, I would love a more clear explanation of these observations.

ShawnBB
04-21-2012, 11:11 PM
Ghost, appreciate for solving all my problems :). This game rocks, especially on pve system.
I had your word, lol. Allow me to write down some of my words here, mate.

I'm gonna talk about the selection among the 4 races. Infantry,magic,beast,machine.
It's a little advanced strategy, but very easy to follow.

What is the vital thing in judging the quality of a race?
I would say its the attack and defense difference of the units in that race, according to my massive CC and MW experience. The bigger the superior.
Because you can purchase a 1/10 and 10/1 unit with a relative cheap price,but a 10/10 may cost you tons more gold while they actually functioning the same stats boost.
What's more, the 1/10 unit might not join your attack and the 10/1 might not need to present in defending,so it would decrease your casualty dramatically. Unlike the 10/10 unit, costy and constantly involved in the battle both way and ended up losing quick.

All in all,words being said, pick the race that has the biggest stats difference would give you an advantage in game.
My suggestion would be, early game-- magic , late game -- machine. (ultimate honor units appears to be way better than beast.)

ShawnBB
04-21-2012, 11:28 PM
For those of you who are curious about the HP amount of every wild monster.

From my experience, just divide their death gold award by around 2.4, you will get their HP Value.
So you can loot by carefully picking every creep's HP that would be a little below a whole number times your damgage to avoid the unnecessary last wasted hit.

Ghost818
04-22-2012, 03:31 AM
For those of you who are curious about the HP amount of every wild monster.

From my experience, just divide their death gold award by around 2.4, you will get their HP Value.
So you can loot by carefully picking every creep's HP that would be a little below a whole number times your damgage to avoid the unnecessary last wasted hit.

Thats very interesting info Shawn, thanks for the update!

I just tried this, its not too accurate, some monsters are divided by 2, some by 1.6, some by 2.2 I am gonna try again when my energy is full.

EDIT: Im sorry to say Shawn, your observation is not true. It is never a consistent #.

Mcdoc
04-22-2012, 03:58 AM
I was just about to post a thread "basic questions from an advanced Funzio player" - but I guess this is the best place for those questions:

1) when I see a rivals total gold, is that their unvaulted gold ( like CC ) or total gold (like MW)?

2) so the only way to increase your total energy is to level up?

3) is my Hero Equipment completely separate from my regular equipment or if I get a nice drop, that can become the highest stat and used for my personal character? Further explanation: I had a loot called some Kind of Claw that has the highest stats of all my weapons. For a while that was my main attack weapon - but now, even though it has the highest attack stats in my inventory, it is no longer my Hero weapon (Warrior).

Edit: Nevermind on #3 - I was getting the Acid Horn Dagger mixed up with the Corrupting Blade. I guess it's safe to assume that the Acid Horn Dagger is for the Rogue and not the Warrior.

I think you covered the rest of my questions already.

Thanks!

Ghost818
04-22-2012, 07:50 AM
1) It's their total gold, which includes their banked gold.

2) Yes, level up and energy goes up. So far I dont know of any other way to raise it.

Ghost818
04-22-2012, 10:59 AM
Honor section added, Units section updated states how Honor is used.

War Priest
04-22-2012, 11:46 AM
Looks good Ghost. Nice work!

Ghost818
04-22-2012, 11:50 AM
Looks good Ghost. Nice work!

Thanks bro!

ShawnBB
04-22-2012, 12:53 PM
YA,I was being so stupid. Sorry, there's really no constant to follow for different units. Accidentally hit 3 2.4s and thought they all the same lol.
Hey, but there might be some constant after a specific way of calculation. Have to gather more sample data thou.
:(

Ghost818
04-22-2012, 12:56 PM
YA,I was being so stupid. Sorry, there's really no constant to follow for different units. Accidentally hit 3 2.4s and thought they all the same lol.
Hey, but there might be some constant after a specific way of calculation. Have to gather more sample data thou.
:(

It would make life a lot easier if there was a constant, but as I mentioned for each of my attempts to test, I got different results. There is no constant :/ props for the attempt though.

Mcdoc
04-22-2012, 01:15 PM
To clarify: Do you bring in your top overall attack units / weapons like in MW or is there a breakdown of units brought into battle like in CC.

Also, the units have their own A/D stats - so then any weapons or armor matched up with that unit combines for an overall A/D score? The confusing part is why are the units AND the equipment then both show up on the battle review. Seems like then you max allowed units just have their stats added then the max allowed armor + max allowed weapons are stacked on top - but no real match-up of specific weapons per unit.

In other words, if I buy all Warrior units but I buy all magic weapons - it really doesn't matter, they all add up as long as I have the max allowed units and max allowed weapons / and / armor?

Ghost818
04-22-2012, 01:29 PM
To clarify: Do you bring in your top overall attack units / weapons like in MW or is there a breakdown of units brought into battle like in CC.

Also, the units have their own A/D stats - so then any weapons or armor matched up with that unit combines for an overall A/D score? The confusing part is why are the units AND the equipment then both show up on the battle review. Seems like then you max allowed units just have their stats added then the max allowed armor + max allowed weapons are stacked on top - but no real match-up of specific weapons per unit.

In other words, if I buy all Warrior units but I buy all magic weapons - it really doesn't matter, they all add up as long as I have the max allowed units and max allowed weapons / and / armor?

You bring in the maximum allowed # of units according to your level and how many Allies your level allows you to use.

Only a combination of 45 of your best units, weapons, and armor are shown, however all that are allowed to be used based on your allowed ally count are used.

Yes, your units have their own A/D and the weapons/armor they used A/D is added to your units. I dont know why they chose to do it this way but it is what it is, it may be a little confusing but I hope my explanation cleared things up.

To that last question, I only assume that equipment for Army Units doesnt matter what kind they. I dont think they are mixed and matched according to your Unit types, BUT it might be a possibility.

If you like send in a ticket to support and have this last question answered more directly, then post the response here and I will update the guide accordingly.

Hope I was clear enough :)

Dr BoneCrusher
04-22-2012, 03:22 PM
Great job on the info. Does any one have a loot list yet?

HangTough
04-22-2012, 05:07 PM
Thanks for the time and effort put into this guide. Well done Ghost!

Your thoughts on farming? Usually consumes units and gains unwelcome xp if camping/semi camping to build economy and army. Have you identified any worthwhile farming targets in the lower levels?

Ghost818
04-22-2012, 05:18 PM
Thanks for the time and effort put into this guide. Well done Ghost!

Your thoughts on farming? Usually consumes units and gains unwelcome xp if camping/semi camping to build economy and army. Have you identified any worthwhile farming targets in the lower levels?

I have never camped in any of the games :/ I started early so I never needed to. I always farmed from the last available map do I could get the best loot.

ShawnBB
04-22-2012, 10:35 PM
Hello again ghost, I have a major concern about KA. That is, its game money build design is a lot stronger than MW and CC.

As we all know that a common complain from beginners is "why everything in this game is so expensive!"
A railgun destroyer needs 8 million? A nightclub needs 40 million? The average income of all players is too poor to achieve those stuff (i would say in their lifetime lol)

But in KA, I feel abundant all the time ...
I only played for 4 days and already have a 1500 income per hour. But the most expensive unit in beast only cost 13000.
The proportion of unit cost to IpH is way lower than MW and CC. It's like everyone can easily get what they want very soon. Like a fast forward or speed up version of the other two games.

Guess it might be a good decision in business market, and turning game into a muti way and more action involved instead of camping.(unlike CC is mainly a life long Econ building camp game, lol)

Ghost818
04-22-2012, 10:39 PM
Hello again ghost, I have a major concern about KA. That is, its game money build design is a lot stronger than MW and CC.

As we all know that a common complain from beginners is "why everything in this game is so expensive!"
A railgun destroyer needs 8 million? A nightclub needs 40 million? The average income of all players is too poor to achieve those stuff (i would say in their lifetime lol)

But in KA, I feel abundant all the time ...
I only played for 4 days and already have a 1500 income per hour. But the most expensive unit in beast only cost 13000.
The proportion of unit cost to IpH is way lower than MW and CC. It's like everyone can easily get what they want very soon. Like a fast forward or speed up version of the other two games.

Guess it might be a good decision in business market, and turning game into a muti way and more action involved instead of camping.(unlike CC is a life long Econ building camp game, lol)

Not really, once you progress into the higher levels and have access to better buildings, your income per hour raises drastically (referring to CC, I don't play MW). I have a nightclub and have upgraded both my rock cafes to level 3, which costs 38M each.

I believe the costs for KA are a little less because the units are consumable. Imagine paying 40M for something that has a chance of disappearing?

ShawnBB
04-23-2012, 02:34 AM
Not really, once you progress into the higher levels and have access to better buildings, your income per hour raises drastically (referring to CC, I don't play MW). I have a nightclub and have upgraded both my rock cafes to level 3, which costs 38M each.

I believe the costs for KA are a little less because the units are consumable. Imagine paying 40M for something that has a chance of disappearing?

I played MW for almost 5 months with 300k+ income, but still far away from purchasing end game cash unit. MW is also a consumable game like KA
CC for 2 and half month, close to 80k income. Just finish 2 upscales. Might need two more months for NC.
I know exactly the neck of CC, once you are able to put down the mt , loft and have a clue of money building quality, sell the worst to make space, then you can be fine. Choose the wrong building to invest will be the end of a player's CC life.
Only cc has mafia unlock building which makes the game even more difficult to balance the Econ and weapon density per mafia. Especially the vehicle part.

But here, probably can nail everything down a lot sooner and easier.
Pve high money value loot drop at the beginning(unlike other two) ,
Income overflow as for Ultimate units consume(unlike other two),
land space is a lot wealthier(unlike other two).

If the game difficulty for CC is 10, then MW is like 9or8, KA.. I would say 6or5 :(
Camp makes player behind, simply because they can't benefit from better missions and better buildings.
And as we can see there are tons of campers in CC, also plenty in MW, but will be rare in KA.

Plus,your CC progress absolutely rocks!!!

Max Power
04-23-2012, 07:04 AM
Good start Ghost. I was pretty ignorant of the Hero vs Army stuff. This helps clarify.

And once again, Funzio asks you to choose what class fighter you are with no information on what your decision means. What's their deal with that?

Ghost818
04-23-2012, 08:24 AM
Good start Ghost. I was pretty ignorant of the Hero vs Army stuff. This helps clarify.

And once again, Funzio asks you to choose what class fighter you are with no information on what your decision means. What's their deal with that?

It is because there is no difference. None of them have any perks, its just a matter of your preference of how you want your character to look.

TemplarX
04-23-2012, 08:30 AM
Ghost, any idea where is a good map and location for weapon and armor loot for low level players? (<level 15)

Ghost818
04-23-2012, 08:33 AM
Ghost, any idea where is a good map and location for weapon and armor loot for low level players? (<level 15)

If you want the best possible loot, go to the last available map for your level.

Mr. Jones and Me
04-23-2012, 12:24 PM
Ghost, is there any point in raiding the non-money buildings (i.e. unit buildings or defense buildings), beside for Honor? How does it impact the rival's statistics? Thanks.

dazza1965
04-23-2012, 12:26 PM
Just installed this game - on my iPod Touch. Got to level 2, and the tutorial prompts me to buy units then it crashes. Any one know why? Tried playing the game several times but no luck, can't progress any further

Ghost818
04-23-2012, 12:27 PM
Ghost, is there any point in raiding the non-money buildings (i.e. unit buildings or defense buildings), beside for Honor? How does it impact the rival's statistics? Thanks.

No other significant point other than Honor, and for goals.

I assume if you destroyed a defense building, it wouldn't provide its effect when you raided other buildings.

In CC when you get robbed it doesn't effect your stats, however when you lose an attack, or get attacked and lose, it does register as a loss.

I may be wrong about the getting robbed, but that's what I have observed so far.

Ghost818
04-23-2012, 12:28 PM
Just installed this game - on my iPod Touch. Got to level 2, and the tutorial prompts me to buy units then it crashes. Any one know why? Tried playing the game several times but no luck, can't progress any further

Try turning off your device then back on, doing so clears your cache and reduces crashes. If the problem doesnt solve on its own in a little while, report it to support. If you dont know how its the first topic in my guide :D

dazza1965
04-23-2012, 12:50 PM
Thanks Ghost will try it now

Copenhagen
04-23-2012, 03:27 PM
Wow! Well done, Ghost.

Ghost818
04-23-2012, 03:29 PM
Thanks for sticky-ing this whomever you are!

GadgetEmpress
04-23-2012, 06:40 PM
I have another newbie question for you (and your great guide): Gems - can you only get them if your purchase them with real $$$?

War Priest
04-23-2012, 07:11 PM
Congrats on the sticky Ghost!

ajlovesliverpool
04-23-2012, 08:35 PM
Thanks for the nice write up, Ghost! Don't know if I missed this in the thread, but just wanted to make sure: am I right in thinking that there's no way to increase your gem count without purchasing more with real money? Can't seem to run into monsters/quests that reward with gems. Thanks!

War Priest
04-23-2012, 08:45 PM
Thanks for the nice write up, Ghost! Don't know if I missed this in the thread, but just wanted to make sure: am I right in thinking that there's no way to increase your gem count without purchasing more with real money? Can't seem to run into monsters/quests that reward with gems. Thanks!

You can only get gems buy purchasing them with real money.

Ghost818
04-23-2012, 10:21 PM
Perhaps in the near future we will be allowed to use tapjoy? As of right now gems=bust out that credit card. (or for some Gift Cards)

Ghost818
04-23-2012, 10:21 PM
Congrats on the sticky Ghost!

Thanks WP!

dazza1965
04-24-2012, 06:49 AM
Thanks Ghost, a reboot of my iPod worked!

Ghost818
04-24-2012, 10:34 AM
Sweet! I knew it would :D

FisK
04-24-2012, 02:41 PM
Hi Ghost

Will you add a link to our Google Docs (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aj9pi1nr5A99dFF0UWZKZWxzSGVyZkh5ekhnUnh0e lE) Kingdom Age data sheet (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aj9pi1nr5A99dFF0UWZKZWxzSGVyZkh5ekhnUnh0e lE) in your guide?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aj9pi1nr5A99dFF0UWZKZWxzSGVyZkh5ekhnUnh0e lE

I can't make sticky threads.

Ghost818
04-24-2012, 05:44 PM
Hi Ghost

Will you add a link to our Google Docs (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aj9pi1nr5A99dFF0UWZKZWxzSGVyZkh5ekhnUnh0e lE) Kingdom Age data sheet (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aj9pi1nr5A99dFF0UWZKZWxzSGVyZkh5ekhnUnh0e lE) in your guide?

I can't make sticky threads.

I cant either, it was done by the Funio Staff. I am pleased to tell you I added the Doc to the Guide.

NeonBlue
04-24-2012, 10:31 PM
Wow, I thought I understood Army vs Hero Equipment, but now I'm confused again. (Sorry if I'm missing something obvious here.)

I'm a Warrior, and I see things in the Store / Hero Equipment page that do NOT appear in Store / Army Equipment. Examples: Weapon: Honed Broadsword, 6/4, 2,300g; Armor: Garrison Armor, 4/6, 1,800g.

I'd like to buy a bunch of each of these for my army (yeah, yeah, "go PVE for equipment," I know; but I'm semi-camping and running out of ways to spend all the gold that's pouring into my coffers).

Will my army be able to equip these items, even though they're not listed on the Army Equipment pages?

If so, it's kind of a pain that they're not also listed in the Army Equipment section, because it means I have to check both places when I'm considering what to buy for my soldiers.

DianaBold
04-24-2012, 10:43 PM
Thank you very much Ghost for such a helpful guide!
I am more than a noob player coz , at least some of you have played/play CC or that MW . I have learned some things by playing already but you answer me some other doubts i had, thanks.

I just would like to ask you something:
Since I just can see my first 130 allies because i am just level 22, I have accepted a lot players that i would like to visit because of their stats, their army, etc and, more important, because some of them can write tips to me but i cant (just reply), i cant visit them :(

And, well, there is a way to show the allies you play with by looking in to your profile. Funzio should give us back our amount of allies :S

(I hope you understand me, my english is terrible )

Ghost818
04-24-2012, 11:40 PM
Wow, I thought I understood Army vs Hero Equipment, but now I'm confused again. (Sorry if I'm missing something obvious here.)

I'm a Warrior, and I see things in the Store / Hero Equipment page that do NOT appear in Store / Army Equipment. Examples: Weapon: Honed Broadsword, 6/4, 2,300g; Armor: Garrison Armor, 4/6, 1,800g.

I'd like to buy a bunch of each of these for my army (yeah, yeah, "go PVE for equipment," I know; but I'm semi-camping and running out of ways to spend all the gold that's pouring into my coffers).

Will my army be able to equip these items, even though they're not listed on the Army Equipment pages?

If so, it's kind of a pain that they're not also listed in the Army Equipment section, because it means I have to check both places when I'm considering what to buy for my soldiers.

What your Hero doesn't used is passed onto your units. Its not worth buying the expensive armors and weapons if they are for your units, because better equipment can be farmed far more easily.

Spend that extra dough on upgrading your vault, buildings, expansions and building more buildings.

Ghost818
04-24-2012, 11:41 PM
Thank you very much Ghost for such a helpful guide!
I am more than a noob player coz , at least some of you have played/play CC or that MW . I have learned some things by playing already but you answer me some other doubts i had, thanks.

I just would like to ask you something:
Since I just can see my first 130 allies because i am just level 22, I have accepted a lot players that i would like to visit because of their stats, their army, etc and, more important, because some of them can write tips to me but i cant (just reply), i cant visit them :(

And, well, there is a way to show the allies you play with by looking in to your profile. Funzio should give us back our amount of allies :S

(I hope you understand me, my english is terrible )

Its fine Diana, your English is actually pretty good. You are welcome, its just my way of giving back to this forum from what I have learned so much about.

Unfortunately your request is out of my authority and I cant do anything about it, however if you need any help, tips, advice or anything else, all of us on the forum are here to help however we can.

NeonBlue
04-25-2012, 12:53 AM
What your Hero doesn't used is passed onto your units. Its not worth buying the expensive armors and weapons if they are for your units, because better equipment can be farmed far more easily.

Spend that extra dough on upgrading your vault, buildings, expansions and building more buildings.

Urgh, I guess it is as I feared -- if the Hero equipment doesn't show up in the Army equipment screen, but in fact is usable by them, then I have to look both places when I go shopping.

And Ghost, I am always upgrading, building, vault-enlarging, and expanding at all times. Since my vault size can't keep up with my income, and I don't want money lying around to get stolen, I still think shopping for equipment is my best bet. (I'd rather spend it and possibly waste it than let it be robbed!)

I could go PVE farming, but that would make me level too fast. My hope is to stay at my current level while I can (10), build up my attack and defense scores, and then go PVPing. For that, I need to upgrade my equipment. I'm afraid if I PVE I'll keep getting into higher level PVP brackets and not be able to get my equipment up to a higher level than that of my rivals. Make sense?

Mojo
04-25-2012, 02:06 AM
Great job Ghost keep up teh good work!!!

Ghost818
04-25-2012, 08:34 AM
Urgh, I guess it is as I feared -- if the Hero equipment doesn't show up in the Army equipment screen, but in fact is usable by them, then I have to look both places when I go shopping.

And Ghost, I am always upgrading, building, vault-enlarging, and expanding at all times. Since my vault size can't keep up with my income, and I don't want money lying around to get stolen, I still think shopping for equipment is my best bet. (I'd rather spend it and possibly waste it than let it be robbed!)

I could go PVE farming, but that would make me level too fast. My hope is to stay at my current level while I can (10), build up my attack and defense scores, and then go PVPing. For that, I need to upgrade my equipment. I'm afraid if I PVE I'll keep getting into higher level PVP brackets and not be able to get my equipment up to a higher level than that of my rivals. Make sense?

Yeah makes sense, which is a common tactic, but since the game is new, you do have a chance of leveling quick and getting away with it, just my 2 cents for now.

Alternatively, if you dont get attacked much, you could just save up your gold without spending it for more expensive buildings or upgrades. When my bank limit was only 5Kish I used to have 30K on hand and I usually was never attacked. Dont take this info as a foundation though, perhaps the game has changed for the lower levels and I am not aware?

Ghost818
04-25-2012, 08:35 AM
Great job Ghost keep up teh good work!!!

Thanks Mojo!

Odie
04-25-2012, 09:18 AM
I'm at level 20 and probably not as strong as I could/should be for where I am...1033A, 1053D, 976IPH, 38 Allies...and while I lose 50% of the time when I get attacked/raided I always vault my coins and check the buildings often to collect so I don't lose more than 10-20 coins typically when raided. My tactic has been to keep expanding everything as fast as possible, generate as much money as I can with buildings and quests and plow through each PvE location until I have level 5 mastery...typically by hammering the creature I can kill in one shot with the lowest energy used. My goal is to quickly unlock as many buildings and units as I can so I can then max out my army with powerful units/armor/weapons. Plus, I just hate the whole camping idea.

Is this just a terrible strategy and what level do you think I should "stop" at? I was thinking level 30 makes sense and most of the good buildings out now will be open by then. Certainly most I could afford.

BTW...very nice guide...will be helpful especially for people who never played CC or MW and feel like Bambi with Funzio games.

Ghost818
04-25-2012, 09:51 AM
I'm at level 20 and probably not as strong as I could/should be for where I am...1033A, 1053D, 976IPH, 38 Allies...and while I lose 50% of the time when I get attacked/raided I always vault my coins and check the buildings often to collect so I don't lose more than 10-20 coins typically when raided. My tactic has been to keep expanding everything as fast as possible, generate as much money as I can with buildings and quests and plow through each PvE location until I have level 5 mastery...typically by hammering the creature I can kill in one shot with the lowest energy used. My goal is to quickly unlock as many buildings and units as I can so I can then max out my army with powerful units/armor/weapons. Plus, I just hate the whole camping idea.

Is this just a terrible strategy and what level do you think I should "stop" at? I was thinking level 30 makes sense and most of the good buildings out now will be open by then. Certainly most I could afford.

BTW...very nice guide...will be helpful especially for people who never played CC or MW and feel like Bambi with Funzio games.

Instead of mastering at level 5, if your goal is to get the "Best" weapons possible to farm, always do the last available map. This benefits you in 2 ways:

1. The last available map loot is the best possible for you to obtain, thus it will drop better weapons and armor replacing your current "best weapon and armor" which raises your maximum possible damage.

2. Whatever doesnt replace your "best armor or weapon" will be sent straight for your units to use.

Odie
04-25-2012, 09:56 AM
Instead of mastering at level 5, if your goal is to get the "Best" weapons possible to farm, always do the last available map. This benefits you in 2 ways:

1. The last available map loot is the best possible for you to obtain, thus it will drop better weapons and armor replacing your current "best weapon and armor" which raises your maximum possible damage.

2. Whatever doesnt replace your "best armor or weapon" will be sent straight for your units to use.

Thanks for the response. Part of my goal in leveling up is also that you have better hero points to use and you get more energy. It does make sense to try to do the higher levels though to get better loot in the process. I will give them a shot.

NeonBlue
04-25-2012, 10:55 AM
Ghost, when you suggest doing the last available map, do you mean the last map for which you currently have Quests, or the last map even if you don't have Quests for that map yet?

Another way of asking this is, is the good loot coming from drops from killing monsters, or is it from completing quests? If the latter, is it better to Quest in order and try to "catch up" to the latest map? Or are the drops so good from just killing that it's worth it to abandon the questline and go on wild rampages at the limits of our maps, even though there are no quests for those places yet?

Ghost818
04-25-2012, 12:28 PM
Ghost, when you suggest doing the last available map, do you mean the last map for which you currently have Quests, or the last map even if you don't have Quests for that map yet?

Another way of asking this is, is the good loot coming from drops from killing monsters, or is it from completing quests? If the latter, is it better to Quest in order and try to "catch up" to the latest map? Or are the drops so good from just killing that it's worth it to abandon the questline and go on wild rampages at the limits of our maps, even though there are no quests for those places yet?

The furthest available map that you can visit. No quests involved.

Ghost818
04-25-2012, 12:29 PM
Thanks for the response. Part of my goal in leveling up is also that you have better hero points to use and you get more energy. It does make sense to try to do the higher levels though to get better loot in the process. I will give them a shot.

Just to be clear, not sure if this is what you meant, but Hero Strength doesnt give any extra energy. It only raises your maximum possible damage by 1. But doing so, can prevent you from using 1 extra attack on a monster which saves you energy by 1 hit kills.

Odie
04-25-2012, 02:00 PM
Just to be clear, not sure if this is what you meant, but Hero Strength doesnt give any extra energy. It only raises your maximum possible damage by 1. But doing so, can prevent you from using 1 extra attack on a monster which saves you energy by 1 hit kills.

I was probably unclear with that. I knew that Hero strength doesn't increase your energy, but it does seem to bump up a little as you level up overall. I believe the games starts you off with 150 energy at level 1 and I now have 290 at level 21 as an example.

DianaBold
04-25-2012, 02:30 PM
Hi Ghost, May i ask you something more ? (I know there must be a place for this question but those are too much threads to read, and you seem to know a lot):

I wonder if it is possible to buy or just delete some weapons/armor so , when I am richer I can buy more expencive and better weapons/armor . My troops are fighting with a very cheap clothes and i lose them very quick :(

Thanks again for helping us

Ghost818
04-25-2012, 03:23 PM
I was probably unclear with that. I knew that Hero strength doesn't increase your energy, but it does seem to bump up a little as you level up overall. I believe the games starts you off with 150 energy at level 1 and I now have 290 at level 21 as an example.

That is true, as mentioned in my guide :)

Ghost818
04-25-2012, 03:25 PM
Hi Ghost, May i ask you something more ? (I know there must be a place for this question but those are too much threads to read, and you seem to know a lot):

I wonder if it is possible to buy or just delete some weapons/armor so , when I am richer I can buy more expencive and better weapons/armor . My troops are fighting with a very cheap clothes and i lose them very quick :(

Thanks again for helping us

Unfortunately you can not sell armor/weapons/units. I would advise you to camp, which means try not to level so fast, and work on your economy (money buildings). Upgrade and build nonstop, this will help you with your problem, I have 300 of each of the armor/weapon in the army equipment that costs 32gold. Equipping your units with something rather than nothing will help a lot.

FisK
04-25-2012, 03:42 PM
I cant either, it was done by the Funio Staff. I am pleased to tell you I added the Doc to the Guide.

Thanks Ghost.
I have added a link to your guide on the first sheet "Info/comments".

Ghost818
04-25-2012, 03:45 PM
Thanks Ghost.
I have added a link to your guide on the first sheet "Info/comments".

I also had a link I made a separate tab, hope you don't mind :)

chrissa
04-25-2012, 05:38 PM
Hi Ghost,

After a Pvp battle, I see a set of numbers in the post battle summary called "Strongest Units and Items". What exactly are these numbers? I've sometimes gone into battle against another player with an Attack vs. Defense rating comfortably in my favor, but I got my ass handed to me on multiple tries. In the post-battle summary I saw the other player had a much higher "Strongest Units and Items" rating. I'm guessing this is why I lost? How is this number calculated?

Chris.

Ghost818
04-25-2012, 06:12 PM
Hi Ghost,

After a Pvp battle, I see a set of numbers in the post battle summary called "Strongest Units and Items". What exactly are these numbers? I've sometimes gone into battle against another player with an Attack vs. Defense rating comfortably in my favor, but I got my ass handed to me on multiple tries. In the post-battle summary I saw the other player had a much higher "Strongest Units and Items" rating. I'm guessing this is why I lost? How is this number calculated?

Chris.

This is just the unit/weapon/armor count that fall into the 45 best used. It is the total of how many of each of the 45 the player has.

Make sense?

If you add all the #s you get of those 45, you will get the # shown up there -6. At least that is what I get when i add them and I dont know why.

hache
04-25-2012, 07:56 PM
Very nice guide Ghost. I have a question regarding quests. I'm lvl 14 now and all I see for quests is the "Collapse the Cave". I do the quest and it disappears from my quest log. Later, this same quest pops up again. I do the quest and the whole cycle keeps repeating except the rewards don't get credited.

Ghost818
04-25-2012, 09:42 PM
Very nice guide Ghost. I have a question regarding quests. I'm lvl 14 now and all I see for quests is the "Collapse the Cave". I do the quest and it disappears from my quest log. Later, this same quest pops up again. I do the quest and the whole cycle keeps repeating except the rewards don't get credited.

What exactly does the quest require you to do?

DianaBold
04-25-2012, 10:13 PM
Unfortunately you can not sell armor/weapons/units. I would advise you to camp, which means try not to level so fast, and work on your economy (money buildings). Upgrade and build nonstop, this will help you with your problem, I have 300 of each of the armor/weapon in the army equipment that costs 32gold. Equipping your units with something rather than nothing will help a lot.
Unfortunately I am late for camping, i am level 26 or 27 and growing very fast (even I am trying not to) not growing my strengh thouh, just my level :( . I should restart the game ...

A quick question: I love when monsters drop you armor or so but.... What is "filthy pelt" for? I mean... I guess it is nothing useful , right ? , no armor, no weapon... (i was killing lots of rats coz they were dropping some of those but... For nothing? )

Ghost818
04-25-2012, 10:26 PM
Unfortunately I am late for camping, i am level 26 or 27 and growing very fast (even I am trying not to) not growing my strengh thouh, just my level :( . I should restart the game ...

A quick question: I love when monsters drop you armor or so but.... What is "filthy pelt" for? I mean... I guess it is nothing useful , right ? , no armor, no weapon... (i was killing lots of rats coz they were dropping some of those but... For nothing? )

There is a quest that requires you to kill those rats till you get those filthy pelts, they are of no use, just quest related.

DungBeo
04-26-2012, 01:54 AM
When you visit allies, you will get 25gold/time. How much total gold I can get when visit ally ? Sorry for my terrible English

Odie
04-26-2012, 08:10 AM
When you visit allies, you will get 25gold/time. How much total gold I can get when visit ally ? Sorry for my terrible English

I believe you can visit 25 allies/day so a maximum of 625 gold/day can be made (it may be 20 for 500 but I am pretty sure I have done 25/day). I have found this to be useful when I am trying to buy something just over where my current vault limit is and I don't have a decent money building ready to pay out any time soon (or energy to go kill some creatures for gold). Later in the game it probably won't be worth the 5 minutes to do it unless you are bored, but early on it is very helpful.

Ghost818
04-26-2012, 09:19 AM
I believe you can visit 25 allies/day so a maximum of 625 gold/day can be made (it may be 20 for 500 but I am pretty sure I have done 25/day). I have found this to be useful when I am trying to buy something just over where my current vault limit is and I don't have a decent money building ready to pay out any time soon (or energy to go fill some creatures for gold). Later in the game it probably won't be worth the 5 minutes to do it unless you are bored, but early on it is very helpful.

Great answer Odie.

hache
04-26-2012, 04:07 PM
What exactly does the quest require you to do?

This is the very first quest in the game. "Destroy the Goblin warren in the Crossroads" So I destroy that cave and it says quest completed and my quest book becomes empty. Then later, this same quest comes up again. I'm lvl 17 now and this is the only quest that comes up. I have not seen any other quest. By the time this bug is fixed, I should be able to breeze thru all those lower quests.

hache
04-26-2012, 04:17 PM
This is the very first quest in the game. "Destroy the Goblin warren in the Crossroads" So I destroy that cave and it says quest completed and my quest book becomes empty. Then later, this same quest comes up again. I'm lvl 17 now and this is the only quest that comes up. I have not seen any other quest. By the time this bug is fixed, I should be able to breeze thru all those lower quests.

Yippee... I just fixed the problem. I deleted the app and re-install. I do the "Collapse the Cave" quest and then all of a sudden, I see a bunch of new quests pop up.

Ghost818
04-26-2012, 06:24 PM
Yippee... I just fixed the problem. I deleted the app and re-install. I do the "Collapse the Cave" quest and then all of a sudden, I see a bunch of new quests pop up.

Bam! Cool that works I guess :)

klevito
04-26-2012, 08:09 PM
very nice post

I have a question or two of my own, though.

There are 4 type of units:

Infantry
Magic
Beast
Machine

I assume there is no specifications on what type of units one ally can carry. Also, the units don't have any specialities as compared to different types. One ally could carry 3 infantries if they happen to be the best units among all types together, if i am not wrong

So, question number one: Why are there different type of units?

Question number two: If one ally can carry only one of each type, why are there four types?

Cheers

Ghost818
04-26-2012, 08:12 PM
very nice post

I have a question or two of my own, though.

There are 4 type of units:

Infantry
Magic
Beast
Machine

I assume there is no specifications on what type of units one ally can carry. Also, the units don't have any specialities as compared to different types. One ally could carry 3 infantries if they happen to be the best units among all types together, if i am not wrong

So, question number one: Why are there different type of units?

Question number two: If one ally can carry only one of each type, why are there four types?

Cheers

1) For fun.

2) Each ally caries only 3 units. It can be all the same, or mixed and matched, it doesn't matter. As long as they are the best units available.

klevito
04-26-2012, 08:15 PM
so, in that case it would make sense to pick the best of the 4 types when buying, one.
It would have made it easier to have them all in the same pool for faster comparison, but i i'll take the fun.

Ghost818
04-26-2012, 10:59 PM
so, in that case it would make sense to pick the best of the 4 types when buying, one.
It would have made it easier to have them all in the same pool for faster comparison, but i i'll take the fun.

Yeah, they made it so the player could choose how to play and what paths to take. Its also this way to make it a little harder too (upgrading for all the buildings takes soooo long)

DungBeo
04-27-2012, 03:15 AM
Great answer, thank odin & ghost

Ghost818
04-27-2012, 11:21 AM
Great answer, thank odin & ghost

Anytime, though it was Odin who answered your question :)

enahs1
04-27-2012, 01:27 PM
http://i1264.photobucket.com/albums/jj499/enahs1237/f75293f9.jpg

Are these good stats Ghost? And a good income per hour?

Ghost818
04-27-2012, 02:20 PM
Yeah they are good, but work on your defense so you can be comfortable later on.

enahs1
04-27-2012, 02:21 PM
Okay thanks... What do you spend your honor on and what should I spend mine on?

Ghost818
04-27-2012, 02:29 PM
Okay thanks... What do you spend your honor on and what should I spend mine on?

I am saving mine till end game like i should have done with CC.

Saint Chad
04-27-2012, 08:48 PM
Hey Ghost (or anyone who knows)

What happens to the units you purchase when they go beyond your max?

I have 489/ of 489 units and I accidently buy 10 over. Do I loose them or are they still there for back up?

I hope this isn't too stupid of a question.

Thank for your help.

Chad

genghiskhan
04-27-2012, 09:34 PM
Does anyone know what is 'hero damage' in google+ version?

Ghost818
04-27-2012, 11:38 PM
Does anyone know what is 'hero damage' in google+ version?
Just wondering is this Jeffery kent? My college professor always uses your name.

Hero damage would be the same as hero strength listed in this guide.

Every point raises your maximum possible damage by 1.

Ghost818
04-27-2012, 11:39 PM

I have 489/ of 489 units and I accidently buy 10 over. Do I loose them or are they still there for back up?

Thank for your help.

Chad
Sent for backup, don't worry :)

dandanpops
04-28-2012, 08:38 AM
Add me doods!
920-325-693 (:

Lilmcj
04-28-2012, 08:57 AM
On KA only way to get more GEMs is to buy them?

Ghost818
04-28-2012, 10:48 AM
Add me doods!
920-325-693 (:

Wrong thread buddy, there is an add me section and this is a guide please dont go off topic.

Ghost818
04-28-2012, 10:49 AM
On KA only way to get more GEMs is to buy them?
You are correct, for the time being the only possible way to get GEMs is with your handy dandy credit card.

This may be subject to change in the future becoming available on tapjoy.

Xoiii
04-29-2012, 12:35 PM
Hey Ghost,

Do you have any tips on getting money in this game? I have trouble with money and im level 19..My gpm only at 700 and i never have any extra cash left over after upgrading/expanding while I seen others on here that has a lot of cash left over, not to mention able to afford stuff in the shop (units)..Any tips would be appreciated. Thank you

Ghost818
04-29-2012, 01:51 PM
Hey Ghost,

Do you have any tips on getting money in this game? I have trouble with money and im level 19..My gpm only at 700 and i never have any extra cash left over after upgrading/expanding while I seen others on here that has a lot of cash left over, not to mention able to afford stuff in the shop (units)..Any tips would be appreciated. Thank you
Put all your upgrades into money buildings it will pay off. You can also kill monsters for some steady cash flow. If your stats are good try robbing Silos and high level tailor buildings.

genghiskhan
04-29-2012, 07:24 PM
that's what I thought. But when I increased my hero strength, hero damage didn't increase. And also, total sum of best weapon attack + best armor attack + hero strength was not equal to hero damage.

Ghost818
04-29-2012, 09:45 PM
that's what I thought. But when I increased my hero strength, hero damage didn't increase. And also, total sum of best weapon attack + best armor attack + hero strength was not equal to hero damage.

It is max possible damage. Its not guaranteed you will do that damage every time. However you will do equal to (or more if you have any points in Hero Strength) your Best weapon and armor attack added.

Roth14
04-30-2012, 12:03 AM
Had a question about gem purchases. What is the most worthwhile gem purchases? Also, can units bought with gems be killed?

Ghost818
04-30-2012, 02:08 AM
Units purchased with gems are indestructible, they cannot be killed. If you want the most for your buck, divide points gained by gems used, they ones with the highest ratio win.

Roth14
04-30-2012, 02:53 AM
Thanks. One other question, is it better to buy single strong units or multiple smaller units?

Ghost818
04-30-2012, 03:25 AM
Thanks. One other question, is it better to buy single strong units or multiple smaller units?

Depends on how much money you have to spend. If you can afford to equip at least 1/4th of your allies with your desired single strong unit then do so. If you cant, then mass buy the smaller ones, then buy the single strong one by one till however many you feel is enough.

Roth14
04-30-2012, 04:05 AM
So in general, the single strong unit?

Saint Chad
04-30-2012, 06:41 AM

Thank for your help.

Chad

Thanks for the info, I appreciate the help.

Just one more question. *

If I have two defense towers (together), does that double the total coverage or do I consider it as just one tower? *

Thanks for everything. *

Chad

Saint Chad
04-30-2012, 06:52 AM
Put all your upgrades into money buildings it will pay off. You can also kill monsters for some steady cash flow. If your stats are good try robbing Silos and high level tailor buildings.

Hey, just my two cents here but something I found was that if you visit your allies you get 25 gold per every ally you visit.

You can make quite a bit. I think I made an extra 300- 500 extra gold that way. (I forget exactly, I wasn't counting)

But you can do that once a day. Vist 25ish allies and make extra gold. I've done it a couple different days in a row.

Hope that helps.

Chad

Ghost818
04-30-2012, 08:00 AM
Hey, just my two cents here but something I found was that if you visit your allies you get 25 gold per every ally you visit.

You can make quite a bit. I think I made an extra 300- 500 extra gold that way. (I forget exactly, I wasn't counting)

But you can do that once a day. Vist 25ish allies and make extra gold. I've done it a couple different days in a row.

Hope that helps.

Chad

This is true, early on in the game the more cash flow you can get the better. However in the higher levels that 500 gold you can get from one monster.

Ghost818
04-30-2012, 08:01 AM
So in general, the single strong unit?

Again it depends on your strategy, you could either outfit your whole kingdom with the cheapest units/armor/weapons just so everyone is equipped and that's the cheapest way to go. Then you could slowly one by one buy the more stronger things if you feel it is necessary. :)

Hava Gess
04-30-2012, 09:06 AM
Again it depends on your strategy, you could either outfit your whole kingdom with the cheapest units/armor/weapons just so everyone is equipped and that's the cheapest way to go. Then you could slowly one by one buy the more stronger things if you feel it is necessary. :)

^That's exactly how i'm doing it. I figure i'll do that then when i have some money spare, i'll buy the better weapons/armour/units 1 by 1. It's working out ok at the moment, not as many people are attacking me as before. Also, congratulations on reaching level 50, Ghost ;)

Ghost818
04-30-2012, 10:11 AM
Thanks have a guess :)

Xoiii
04-30-2012, 10:12 AM

I see. Thanks Ghost, imma have to do this to feel comfortable since I barely have enough leftover money to purchase anything else. I have another question I hope you don't mind answering. How can I increase my attack/defense? I don't get how it work (I read the guide)

For example, I have 15 allies, my # of weapon is 128, armor is 122...That make my attack 400 & defense 582.
While someone else who only has 11 allies, # of weapon is 82..But his attack would be 504 & defense 529..

This make it that I am not at my full potential in term of damage and defenses. How can I increase it to its max potential?

Ghost818
04-30-2012, 02:55 PM
There are a couple ways to raise your attack/defense:

Try buying better units in bulk

Loot or purchase better equipment for your army (I would advice to loot and not waste money on expensive unit equip.)

For defense you can build defense buildings, this adds to your characters defense, and an additional protection to all the buildings in its radius

Saint Chad
04-30-2012, 05:35 PM
There are a couple ways to raise your attack/defense:

Try buying better units in bulk

Loot or purchase better equipment for your army (I would advice to loot and not waste money on expensive unit equip.)

For defense you can build defense buildings, this adds to your characters defense, and an additional protection to all the buildings in its radius

Just one more question. *

If I have two defense towers (together), does that double the total coverage or do I consider it as just one tower? *

Thanks for everything. *

Ghost818
04-30-2012, 05:43 PM
In my opinion it would be just one tower covering the buildings. But if you want to know for sure, you can contact Support and post their answer here so we all know for sure :)

ShawnBB
05-03-2012, 01:39 PM
Hi, ghost. Imma throw a question here about the defense units replace management.

Early game, fully loaded with illusionist is strong enough to fend off all non big gold players.
And now i need to improve my defense density to defend against gold players.

So here are all the options.
1- go for cheapest 14 def rifleman, then 17 def paladin.
2- lvl 8 magic academy, 17 def Mage guy.
3- lvl 6 siege factory, 17 def zeppelin.
4- lvl 4 wizard castle, 20 def earth elemental,lvl 7 will unlock the 32 def unit priest.

Might need some insight. :)

Ghost818
05-03-2012, 02:14 PM
It all depends on what your economy can handle, I went with #1.

Mcdoc
05-03-2012, 04:14 PM
Has there been any discovery if Machines have a lower casualty rate over Magic or Beast units? I thought I saw that somewhere and have been heavy on machine units - but they seem to die off pretty often (which Is probably due to the sheer % of my units being machines).

Thanks!

Ghost818
05-03-2012, 04:22 PM
Check out the Data Sheet, it has the casualty rates of all the units. Make sure to just make a copy of your own if you want to sort or edit things, File>>Make a Copy

Mcdoc
05-03-2012, 06:48 PM
Check out the Data Sheet, it has the casualty rates of all the units. Make sure to just make a copy of your own if you want to sort or edit things, File>>Make a Copy

That was absolutely no help at all. It was a simple question really. I read the your original guide, glanced over it again before I posted my simple question.

Being referred to a speeadsheet for a simple yes or no question really is annoying.

Maybe someone who actually understands what I am asking will chime in.

Thanks anyway.

EDIT: Sorry to be so frank - but I thought my question was simple enough to get a simple answer. Being referred to a Datasheet (with no link) just simply annoyed me. On the MW forum, if I am going to take the time to answer someone's question - I take the time to actually answer it.

FisK
05-03-2012, 08:15 PM
Hi Mcdoc

You wonted a Yes or No answer to question: Have Machines lower casualty rate then Magic and Beast units.
The answer is YES and NO

Yes Machines has lower casualty rate then Magic units.
No Machines do not have lower casualty rate then Beast units

To find the answer for you I have calculated the average casualty rate for each unit type:

Unit type Ave. Casualty rate
Infantry 0.0098852
Beast 0.01
Machine 0.0118676
Magic 0.0442058

It is very close race between Infantry, Beat and Machine units.
I fully understand why Ghost818 ask you to look at the datasheet (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aj9pi1nr5A99dFF0UWZKZWxzSGVyZkh5ekhnUnh0e lE&pli=1#gid=9). The average casualty rate for a unit type is really not that useful information because people usually don’t buy one of each unit.
The casualty rate of the units you are actually thinking of buying is more relevant and that you can lookup in the datasheet (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aj9pi1nr5A99dFF0UWZKZWxzSGVyZkh5ekhnUnh0e lE&pli=1#gid=9)

The datasheet:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aj9pi1nr5A99dFF0UWZKZWxzSGVyZkh5ekhnUnh0e lE&pli=1#gid=9

Ghost818
05-03-2012, 08:55 PM
That was absolutely no help at all. It was a simple question really. I read the your original guide, glanced over it again before I posted my simple question.

Being referred to a speeadsheet for a simple yes or no question really is annoying.

Maybe someone who actually understands what I am asking will chime in.

Thanks anyway.

EDIT: Sorry to be so frank - but I thought my question was simple enough to get a simple answer. Being referred to a Datasheet (with no link) just simply annoyed me. On the MW forum, if I am going to take the time to answer someone's question - I take the time to actually answer it.
I apologize if my answer didnt meet your needs. Cant make everyone happy. My first comment was a more broad answer that may have answered other questions along with the one you have now. The link is already provided on the first page of the Guide. Fisk said everything else needed to be said.

Mcdoc
05-03-2012, 09:52 PM
Thanks Fisk. And Ghost - I understand - I was just popping in for a quick answer.

I thought I had read a comment somewhere or strategy saying that machines were less likely to die in attacks. What I really wanted to know was if Beasts or Machines were the toughest.

I apologize for being a bit testy - the answer wasn't as simple as I expected.

Ghost818
05-03-2012, 10:23 PM
Thanks Fisk. And Ghost - I understand - I was just popping in for a quick answer.

I thought I had read a comment somewhere or strategy saying that machines were less likely to die in attacks. What I really wanted to know was if Beasts or Machines were the toughest.

I apologize for being a bit testy - the answer wasn't as simple as I expected.

Keep into consideration, if I answered every question asked here as full as possible I would go crazy. Running this Guide is already hard as it is getting constant questions/adds/PMs all day long. So I try to keep things a little vague but at the same time answer the question.

Its to the point where I get comments on my in game wall asking if I am Ghost that runs the forum....lol I was like I do not run the forum, just a forum member who just so happened to put together a guide.

Mcdoc
05-04-2012, 12:40 AM
Yeah - a lot of people message my wall In MW for device after Reading my posts in the MW forum - I know how it is. Like I said, I truly thought my question had a simple answer. The Data sheet actually helped because I had not seen anywhere that showed the "high" "low" rates before.

Thanks again.

Ghost818
05-04-2012, 12:51 AM
Yeah - a lot of people message my wall In MW for device after Reading my posts in the MW forum - I know how it is. Like I said, I truly thought my question had a simple answer. The Data sheet actually helped because I had not seen anywhere that showed the "high" "low" rates before.

Thanks again.

No prob bro, anytime. Just didn't want to seem ignorant to you, my answer was to benefit you both short and long term but only if you took the time to go the first page and click the link.

enahs1
05-04-2012, 06:17 PM
This is my KA camping account. Is this good so far?
http://i1264.photobucket.com/albums/jj499/enahs1237/5ee87760.jpg

Ghost818
05-04-2012, 07:06 PM
This is my KA camping account. Is this good so far?
http://i1264.photobucket.com/albums/jj499/enahs1237/5ee87760.jpg

Keep working on your econ, you're doing good so far.

enahs1
05-04-2012, 07:33 PM
Ok, thanks. I want it at 2000 before I level up again.

Ghost818
05-06-2012, 02:53 AM
Ok, thanks. I want it at 2000 before I level up again.
Its doable goodluck.

gypsydavey
05-10-2012, 01:42 AM
After pvp what does the red skull & crossbones signify?

As a recent newbie, this guide is very informative

GD

FisK
05-10-2012, 02:09 AM
After pvp what does the red skull & crossbones signify?

As a recent newbie, this guide is very informative

GD
That mains you lost a unit

Futon
05-11-2012, 10:47 AM
Does anyone know what the starting skill points were before you leveled and put any points into it? Just trying to remember.

Ghost818
05-11-2012, 01:16 PM
Does anyone know what the starting skill points were before you leveled and put any points into it? Just trying to remember.
I think it was

and if not 0's they were 1's

Futon
05-11-2012, 01:28 PM
Damn i was hoping they were 5's. I guess i put a lot more points into attack/def than i thought. Also my stam is only 6, so i'm pretty sure it started at 5 for me.

Ghost818
05-12-2012, 12:31 PM
Spam doesnt belong in this guide!

Tanaomit
05-13-2012, 01:20 PM
Great guide Ghost, very informative. Was wondering what you think of my stats and if you have any suggestions as to where I should go with my units:

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e387/primacord/KA01.jpg
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e387/primacord/KA02.jpg

I seem to lose a lot of fights when I'm not playing and have to spend a lot of time finding targets who I can attack. I've been sort of spreading my units through all the different types, instead of focusing on one specific unit.

Although I've been favoring infantry. I have 40+ brawlers, vikings, knights and gladiators. 50 druids, illusionists, enchanters and 25 invokers, shamans. Any advice?

Oh Barracks at lvl 9, magic academy at 6 and then beast warren/siege at 3. I have the first 2 unit buildings unlocked and built but not gnomish lab or breeding den.

Ghost818
05-13-2012, 05:31 PM
You want to raise your defense? work on either riflemen or paladins. I just calculated your level/units/armor/wep count. You are level 48*3 240. 240*3= 720 units = 720 armor = 720 weapons. You only have 412 wep/armor.

Futon
05-13-2012, 05:50 PM
Great guide Ghost, very informative. Was wondering what you think of my stats and if you have any suggestions as to where I should go with my units:

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e387/primacord/KA01.jpg
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e387/primacord/KA02.jpg

I seem to lose a lot of fights when I'm not playing and have to spend a lot of time finding targets who I can attack. I've been sort of spreading my units through all the different types, instead of focusing on one specific unit.

Although I've been favoring infantry. I have 40+ brawlers, vikings, knights and gladiators. 50 druids, illusionists, enchanters and 25 invokers, shamans. Any advice?

Oh Barracks at lvl 9, magic academy at 6 and then beast warren/siege at 3. I have the first 2 unit buildings unlocked and built but not gnomish lab or breeding den.

You have way to many allies for your units and equipment. 240 Alliance members means you have to have 720 pieces of armor and weapons as well as 720 units. Based on that alone you need to drop at least 100 alliance members to equip every unit you have. Based on your stats i'd suggest you drop 120-150 though. You should see a lot more success then. As for stat points i think you have to many in stamina. I have 6 stamina and it takes awhile to pick proper targets and burn through those points. I wouldn't put anymore points in there at all. Your IPH looks pretty good and so does your hero equipment.

Just my suggestions. Good luck.

Tanaomit
05-13-2012, 05:58 PM
Well I am up to 494 weapons and armor and the cap says 694. Is it worth buying a lot of cheaper armor/weapons so they are at least outfitted? Or should I buy the more expensive stuff? I bought 150 of the 32g armor and 150 of the 24g weapon.

Also, should I be putting more points into army attack and defense?

Futon
05-13-2012, 07:20 PM
Well I am up to 494 weapons and armor and the cap says 694. Is it worth buying a lot of cheaper armor/weapons so they are at least outfitted? Or should I buy the more expensive stuff? I bought 150 of the 32g armor and 150 of the 24g weapon.

Honestly i'd just drop a bunch of allies. There is no benefit to having that many allies if you don't have the good units and equipment for them. You should gradually raise your ally count as you get more units and gear. You'll see a big difference if you drop your ally count because you'll be fighting people closer to your stats. I made that mistake when i first started, ally count was way to big , since i've dropped it i've done way better.

As for stat points i think the general consensus right now is Hero Strength and Army Defense. Hero strength for farming faster because you'll hit monsters harder and army defense for defending against attacks/raids.

Laurabell
05-14-2012, 08:17 PM
Great post! Is there a similar spreadsheet for Crime City? It would be nice if there was an "Info" icon in CC that showed your weapon/melee/armor/explosive/vehicle use in comparison to your mob size.

Ghost818
05-17-2012, 03:30 AM
Great post! Is there a similar spreadsheet for Crime City? It would be nice if there was an "Info" icon in CC that showed your weapon/melee/armor/explosive/vehicle use in comparison to your mob size.

There is plenty of guides and spreadsheets for CC, more than you can count.

audemars
05-17-2012, 06:29 AM

In Morogdar's Den, kill Ogres, they item drop rate is very good, I got many items by kill them

I have no information support, just my feeling ;)

Saint Chad
05-17-2012, 10:35 AM
Hey Ghost,

I talked to you earlier about whether the defense buildings were accumulative. And I finally got my answer. It is yes, so If one defense tower is 2 & the other defense tower is 14, it is an accumulative defense of 16 if they are covering one money building.

So I thought that was good to know.
Chad

Funkey monkey
05-19-2012, 09:28 PM
Under settings, what are one click quests?

Under Quest, I have a quest for the Silver Sword and it says to increase my attack to 1195/1350. When I go to my profile, the attack shows 1223. Do you know why there is a difference between the 1195 and the 1223?

Kiss Of Death
05-21-2012, 09:31 PM
I have noticed that your 'top' 45 units and items score is equal to the total number of units in each of the 45 boxes PLUS your characters attack score from his armour and his weapon, when defending its the same... how on earth this relates to game play...??? who knows.

Funkey monkey
05-22-2012, 11:05 AM
Found out from support about one-click quests
One-click quests makes it so that simply tapping once on a monster fights that monster (rather than pulling up the possible rewards info and pausing, as it normally does).

rntammyp
05-28-2012, 09:12 AM
MW ~ tried to add you, but the # you gave wasn't recognized. :(

Azazel
05-28-2012, 08:22 PM
Good job thanks

Macduff
06-05-2012, 08:07 AM
The guide is a tremendous piece of work that I keep going back too. Thanks!

I believe you'll want to change the ROI HH:MM:SS column the calculation is to divide the ROI Total Hours by 24 but the format is Time which cause the display to be wrong. eg Brothel 4 ROI Hrs 1176.92 column Q should display 49.83 days, {based on formula} not 0:55:23.

Sorry in advance if this is not the place to make this suggestion

FisK
06-05-2012, 01:56 PM
The guide is a tremendous piece of work that I keep going back too. Thanks!

I believe you'll want to change the ROI HH:MM:SS column the calculation is to divide the ROI Total Hours by 24 but the format is Time which cause the display to be wrong. eg Brothel 4 ROI Hrs 1176.92 column Q should display 49.83 days, {based on formula} not 0:55:23.

Sorry in advance if this is not the place to make this suggestion
Hi Macduff

I think your are referencing to your Kingdom Age datasheet (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aj9pi1nr5A99dFF0UWZKZWxzSGVyZkh5ekhnUnh0e lE).

It looks like someone have changed the data format for a few cells from "XX:XX:XX Hours" to "XX:XX:XX Time". (the "XX:XX:XX Time" format can only show up to 24 hours)
I have changed the data format for the whole column to "XX:XX:XX Hours" that seems to fix it.

I have added a column for ROI in days just for the fun if it.
It made so big numbers so I have made a column for ROI in weeks as well.
I see Jewelcrafter level 10 has a ROI of 84,77 weeks that is a little over 1 year and 7 months.
Damn you have to bee a long time player to get that investment back.

Njwmrb
06-10-2012, 12:12 AM
You need to edit the lvl cap

Danimal
06-17-2012, 04:50 PM
Apologies for the dumb question, but I can't figure this out. When I view my army stats, it gives two numbers, both are the same, but the first number is white, while the second number is gray.

Why is it gray?

I have plenty of arms and weapons, I'm confused.

Thanks for any answer!

Dan

Durwood
06-18-2012, 11:34 AM
I tried to start a new thread and I got this:

you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

I have already created new threads and I have never posted anything offensive. Anyone know what is up with that?

Hapl0
06-18-2012, 11:53 AM
Danimal, the first number is your actual number of weapons/armor and the second the goal or maximum for your army. Don't worry, it doesn't mean anything bad.

Durwood, the same happens to me a few days ago and it were CCM, "cleaning the house" and all privileges were temporarily suspended for a few minutes.

Hapl0
06-18-2012, 07:31 PM
Durwood, there is a new rule, you need to post 10 times to overcome this rule and get the right to post new threads. You need to post one more time.

John0897
06-19-2012, 10:26 AM
I had a couple of questions regarding invading other players.
1) When I find a good target and use all my stamina to invade them, is there anyway to find them again a few hours later? Seems the list of targets randomly generates and you rarely see them again.

If someone attacks me and fails, they show up in my log. I can then invade them whenever I like because I always have a link to them.

2) Is there anyway to view a players stats before I actually enter their land? If I enter someone's country, but do not actually attack them do I show up on their log, and thus become vulnerable to them attacking me whenever they like as long as I'm on their news history?

Hapl0
06-19-2012, 12:18 PM
1) the battle list is random. If u find a really good target you could do just like some and camp into his kingdom and milk the cow until is dry.

2) You can't view the stats without invading his kingdom and clicking the rival profile. If u don't attack or raid, don't worry, he/she can't notice you were there.

festivus
06-20-2012, 04:12 PM
In your beginners guide you mention that honor points can not be spent while camping. What exactly is camping in KA and how does one get into that mode?

Hapl0
06-20-2012, 07:21 PM
I'm not the author of this guide but maybe i could answer what is camping. Camping mode is trying to stay pasive and avoid at all cost gain experience, why? Just to try to raise your economy, unit buildings, army, etc. But this is your choice and you decide your style to play.

festivus
06-21-2012, 08:25 AM
I'm not the author of this guide but maybe i could answer what is camping. Camping mode is trying to stay pasive and avoid at all cost gain experience, why? Just to try to raise your economy, unit buildings, army, etc. But this is your choice and you decide your style to play.OK, just was curious about the wording in the guide that made it appear there is a special camping mode. But it is possible that it was meant that Honor points aren't earned while camping.

Thank you for the response.

Hapl0
06-21-2012, 09:36 AM
That's right, if u win a fight defending yourself, u may win money but not Honor.

Maximus2012
06-21-2012, 02:23 PM
I tried to start a new thread and I got this:

you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

I have already created new threads and I have never posted anything offensive. Anyone know what is up with that?

I have the same problem.

The_Legend_Shall_Live_On
06-21-2012, 03:13 PM
There are a certain number of postings you have to do in order to start a thread, which was done due to recent spam issues within the forum.

Check out the sticky thread under "Forum Moderation", which gives you more details.

This is under "Announcements" as opposed to "General"

John0897
06-22-2012, 05:11 AM
Thanks for the help on my previous question.

I was wondering if Siege Units/Beasts are able to use equipment.

Hapl0
06-22-2012, 05:24 AM
Yes John, as crazy as that sounds but yes, they are.

John0897
06-22-2012, 07:08 AM
It seems to me that upgrade Siege Workshop will open the strongest units to the player then. They may be more expensive, but they have the higher stats.

Are there advantages to going infantry/magic other than cost?

I'm not exactly camping, but I am purposefully leveling slow, So I'm trying to decide which to upgrade. I've already gotten my barracks to 9.

I wanted to upgrade my defense units. I was planning to do Magic next (currently 4) but my review of the data shows I can get my siege workshop to level 6 (Zepplin 17 defense) in 60 hours while I can get magic to 8 (Priest 17 defense) in 66 hours.

Seems to me siege is the way to go since I have the money and stronger items are available at levels after the Zepplin.

Hapl0
06-22-2012, 08:58 AM
John, there isn't a definitive guide, my choice go to beast and machine but this is a personal choice and i prefer units with very low and low casualty, zeppelin has medium rate casualty.

festivus
06-22-2012, 11:05 AM
Another question, what is meant by the too weak to attack?

And also the "too weak to invade."

What determines that? # of times they have been attacked in the day?

Hapl0
06-22-2012, 11:21 AM
Too weak to attack mean they were already attacked and they can't be attacked temporarily and sometimes mean that there are a problem of connection in the servers or in your internet connection. In my experience the "too weak to invade" is caused for the last one, just keep trying and u could invade with success.

ChhChh
06-22-2012, 10:09 PM
Is your level and number of allies the only factor that controls who shows up in the PvP list (and by extension, who can attack you)? Or do your number of units, equipment, gold, buildings, etc. also play a factor?

CounterSniper
06-22-2012, 10:34 PM
Is your level and number of allies the only factor that controls who shows up in the PvP list (and by extension, who can attack you)? Or do your number of units, equipment, gold, buildings, etc. also play a factor?

Yes, level & # of allies are the only factors, the other stuff doesn't matter as far as the battle list goes. The population numbers does affect the span you can see or be seen at though. For example most players can usually only see their level and maybe 1 level above and 1 level below but as you progress the higher level players don't have full battle lists so they can see further down thereby filling their list with lower level players.

For example--I'm at level 98 and can see down to level 70 but a level 70 player likely only sees level 69-71 give or take. Their bracket is more full so they dont see as big a variance but mine is not so I see more variety. Hope that helps.

The_Red
06-23-2012, 06:49 AM
For example--I'm at level 98 and can see down to level 70 but a level 70 player likely only sees level 69-71 give or take. Their bracket is more full so they dont see as big a variance but mine is not so I see more variety. Hope that helps.

I think it also helps to be somewhere in the middle of the allies distribution. In my experience, the closer you get to max allies the smaller the distro that you see of players when your +/- levels are constricted in a small range. At this stage it seems like everyone is moving up at the same pace so getting to the "whale" territory (+10 levels ahead of the group) is going to be difficult for many. :)

The_Legend_Shall_Live_On
06-23-2012, 07:58 AM
When raiding or being raided, how does your or the rival's defense number affect it?

I have nearly 19k defense, and someone with an attack of about 15k successfully raided a building of mine two or three times.

Koaxrot
06-27-2012, 04:00 AM
516.471.478 (ka)

822.759.942 (cc)

John0897
06-27-2012, 11:02 AM
Is there a relationship between Barracks upgrades and Colosseum level?

For example, can I have a level 1 barracks, but a level 10 colosseum?

Same goes for magic academy and wizard spire... etc.

whiterider
06-30-2012, 03:54 PM
Looking at the data sheet, I don't have mammoth at lvl 4 den, air ship at lvl 4 lab and poison catapult at lvl 7 lab.
Does someone know why is this?

Freekizh
06-30-2012, 03:56 PM
Is there a relationship between Barracks upgrades and Colosseum level?

For example, can I have a level 1 barracks, but a level 10 colosseum?

Same goes for magic academy and wizard spire... etc.

No relationship. You can upgrade colosseum only, and same with others.

Freekizh
06-30-2012, 03:56 PM
Looking at the data sheet, I don't have mammoth at lvl 4 den, air ship at lvl 4 lab and poison catapult at lvl 7 lab.
Does someone know why is this?

They don't exist.

whiterider
07-01-2012, 12:55 AM
I am pretty sure I have read about a guy using mammoths in a tactic guide topic and another one speaking about spending honor on chimeras.
So can you confirm all of these do not exist because I dont have them in the units menu:

Dragoon lvl 7 colosseum
Rune Knight lvl 8 colosseum
Water Elemental2 lvl 2 spire
Archmage lvl 5 spire
Fire Elemental2 lvl 8 spire
Mammoth lvl 4 den
Chimera lvl 7 den
Gnome2 lvl 2 lab
Air ship2 lvl 2 lab
Flaming Trebutchet lvl 5 lab
Poison Catapult lvl7 lab
Sappet Wagon lvl 8 lab
Poison Trebutchet lvl 9 lab

Thanks!

Gustove
07-01-2012, 04:44 AM
What is the best attack and defense strategy? I have had people hit me and take almost everything. When I turn around and hit them back I get almost nothing even though I can see they have thousands in cash on them.

Hapl0
07-01-2012, 06:01 AM
Gustove, you must raise your vault capacity, the max is 330,000 gold.

Freekizh
07-01-2012, 06:17 AM
I am pretty sure I have read about a guy using mammoths in a tactic guide topic and another one speaking about spending honor on chimeras.
So can you confirm all of these do not exist because I dont have them in the units menu:

Dragoon lvl 7 colosseum
Rune Knight lvl 8 colosseum
Water Elemental2 lvl 2 spire
Archmage lvl 5 spire
Fire Elemental2 lvl 8 spire
Mammoth lvl 4 den
Chimera lvl 7 den
Gnome2 lvl 2 lab
Air ship2 lvl 2 lab
Flaming Trebutchet lvl 5 lab
Poison Catapult lvl7 lab
Sappet Wagon lvl 8 lab
Poison Trebutchet lvl 9 lab

Thanks!

Please post the link to any discussion where ppl have been able to purchase these units.

Gustove
07-01-2012, 06:25 AM
Gustove, you must raise your vault capacity, the max is 330,000 gold.

That is a big factor to overlook, thank you

enahs1
07-01-2012, 04:49 PM
How is hero damage calculated?

whiterider
07-02-2012, 04:23 AM
@freekizh
http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?25590-Casualty-rates/page2&highlight=Chimera talk about chimera

Shotterken
07-02-2012, 06:23 AM
How can you start over the game to choose a new class...

Catz
07-02-2012, 07:33 AM
Thk u for this info on game are there any plans to make available free gems whether earned or by viewing commercials , ect. In future thks again info is invaluable asset to this game

Nissas
07-02-2012, 12:55 PM
Does anyone know how much gold needed to purchase Breeding Den lvl 10? ))
Thanks.

whiterider
07-02-2012, 01:32 PM
Breeding Den lvl 10 - 1,900,000 GP without Lumber Mill. Each level of mill reduces gold by 1%

Madmore
07-03-2012, 05:33 PM
Have i understood this correct?

It doesnt matter if i have 25 or 250 units of for ex. Battereing Ram's?

I am lvl 12 atm, i have noticed that when im looking at other players profile and check their units they realy dont have a high number in any sort of unit.

Me on the other hand... well i got like around 50 of several diffrent units.

Doesnt numbers matter in any way?

If not, what am i supposed to do with the cash, while im uppgrading buildings and such?

whiterider
07-03-2012, 11:15 PM
It doesnt. I did the same as you at the beggining. I have been buying 50 of each available unit and items, until I checked some guides. Look at your allias number, for each ally you have 3 more units. From (ally number x 3) only the strongest are taken into battle (when you attack, the units with higher attack are taken - from higher to lower attack, when someone else attacks you, your units with higher defense are taken into battle).

Check your battle results - you will see more units in the sheet, but only these with numbers in the bottom right corner are actually taken into battle. The same goes for items.

About the cash - I used the money for expanding the vault, land, buildings, hero equipment, army items...

Madmore
07-04-2012, 03:42 AM
Hmmm.. oki, thanx.
This must be the first "war" game iv ever played where numbers dont matter.

I stopped lvling at lvl 12, just so that i could upgrade buildings, get cash, get an army and now i learn that it didnt mattter.. bahhh...

Oki, i have an oki income, i have an army that.. umm.. wont ever need to fight, cause they will be replaced by stronger units.

So... that means, if you want to win in this game, u will NEED to buy units from gems, cause it wont have much to do with your build, as all you need is 25ish strong units.

Anyone that dont buy from gems, wont ever win against someone that have 1 or 2 from gems??

whiterider
07-04-2012, 07:28 AM
Yes and No,
I have bought three Shamans at the beggining of the game, now I have stronger units, I prefer to use gems for faster upgrades. I am 31 lvl, my attack is 4200 and defense 3300, from 7-8 levels I dont have a lost fight. I do many fights a day and with two exceptions I havent seen someone with even close attack to mines. The two heavy gem players on my level (around 8k attack) I invited as allies so all is OK :) I have some special units but they are from events, I used around 100 gems to be in the top 500 in the last event, the dragon eggs event - I dont care about it, I opened 9 boxes with 8 sorries and 1 egg, so I will not spend gems on it.

Plus there are plenty of free players which you can challenge and hope the rest will not bother you. Plus units get more expensive, I spend 3600 at a unit for the moment and I have only 35 from 93 attackes at max power.

I was looking at the units and I think it is best if you have lower level units which are cheap with high causality rating just to die in battles and not your expensive units (magical units die more often than others).

Ghost818
07-05-2012, 02:44 PM
Nice to see this thread being used for discussion. Carry on folks :)

Hapl0
07-05-2012, 02:56 PM
WB, Ghost818!

Shelbi805
07-06-2012, 04:33 PM
The limited boxes that you claim every hour (whelp box)Rusty knifeAncient spellMagic keyWhere can you get these from?Also when you level up and open more maps with the new quests, I've noticed even though your quested master .. Map you can still go back and level up in each map? Will I gain anything doing this?

Shelbi805
07-06-2012, 10:58 PM
Limited boxesThe limited boxes that you claim every hour (whelp box) Rusty knife Ancient spell Magic key Where can you get these from?

whiterider
07-07-2012, 11:21 AM
You get boxes when fighting monsters and not so often when fighting rivals.

I have another question, when you buy the three boxes (with gems), how many monsters you get from them? Three or just one but with higher chance for more strenght?

Thanx

The_Legend_Shall_Live_On
07-07-2012, 01:56 PM
I have another question, when you buy the three boxes (with gems), how many monsters you get from them? Three or just one but with higher chance for more strenght?

Thanx

You get 3. However, you have a higher chance (%) to get rare ones when you buy the 3 at a time. The (%) are noted when you first open the "special" part of the store:
5%(rare), 25% and 75% (common) for one box; 15%(rare), 25% and 60%(common) when you buy 3 at a time.

Hope this helps.

The_Legend_Shall_Live_On
07-07-2012, 09:23 PM
I currently have 500 allies. However, i have more requests, and have accepted some of them.

Does anyone know if they sit on stand-by for the future when/if there is a higher level cap? Or do they drop off into some black void, or start to replace my current allies.

Thanks

kskiller
07-08-2012, 10:32 AM
there is a website called the invite code matrix. you can add your code to the list and add the others on the list to your allies and mark them as sent so your not wasting your time entering codes multiple times. might be worth adding it to your guide.

http://invitecodematrix.com/content/kingdom-age&page=1

Guido69
07-09-2012, 08:43 AM
Just wanted to say "Hi" to everybody on this board.

I am new here. I have visited the board for quite some time, but now decided to join :D

Great info here.

Ballefrans
07-10-2012, 03:51 AM
I currently have 21 ballistas w/attack of 9, but only using 19 of them in battle. Why is my army attacking with weaker units when stronger ones are available?

Endo
07-10-2012, 07:47 PM
can anyone tell me how many buildings are build on the water?

i'm lvl 25 right now and have the water temple of healing, and was wondering how many more expansions in the water i might need.

thank you

Hapl0
07-10-2012, 09:50 PM
Endo, i think only 3. 2 money buildings and 1 boost building.

Endo
07-11-2012, 01:35 AM
Endo, i think only 3. 2 money buildings and 1 boost building.

Thanks alot

whiterider
07-11-2012, 03:34 AM
Yes, two shipyards and the Temple of Healing. I found out that this is the optimum variant for expansion to build them: 1496

Endo
07-11-2012, 05:15 PM
cool thanks

whiterider
07-12-2012, 02:34 AM
Since I asked this question twice without any answer (in the events threads), I will ask again:

"What does the bonus of the Doom Elemental mean '+2% allies attack'?"

Ghost818
07-24-2012, 04:11 AM
Since I asked this question twice without any answer (in the events threads), I will ask again:

"What does the bonus of the Doom Elemental mean '+2% allies attack'?"

This bonus would raise your total attack score by 2% (do not confuse with attack skill points)

I am sort of disappointed that I was the one that had to answer, and I'm not even around anymore.

echus14
07-24-2012, 04:17 AM
@Ghost - as one of the newer members to this forum, let me just express a big thank you for your beginner's guide. Hope you will still stop by regularly. Your (ghostly) presence is missed even by those of us who did not get the chance to interact with you before your departure.

Boom
07-24-2012, 04:30 AM
Ghost is still on! Didn't know..

whiterider
07-26-2012, 03:32 AM
Is there a limit of the tiles you can expand (except money :))?

Talkazar
07-26-2012, 07:40 AM
I currently have 21 ballistas w/attack of 9, but only using 19 of them in battle. Why is my army attacking with weaker units when stronger ones are available?

Well the first thing I can think of is that ballistas actually have an attack of 7 - their defense is 9.

DungBeo
07-26-2012, 07:54 AM
I spent alot of gold for build strong army but not as i wish. The bis question i want to ask everyone: How to build a strongest army with lowest cost.

My stats: Income 6322; A/D: 385xx/445xx;

Units are:
INFATRY:
Viking 8/5: 300
Berserker 11/7: 900
Skirmisher 2/1: 219

MAGIC:

MACHINE:

BEAST:

Buildings Upgrade:

Tywin
08-01-2012, 10:14 PM
I have a question! When I attacked or invaded, I saw many machines, beasts and wizards of my rivals but only infantry with my side.
I wonder why! Thanks!

custos
08-01-2012, 11:10 PM
I spent alot of gold for build strong army but not as i wish. The bis question i want to ask everyone: How to build a strongest army with lowest cost.

My stats: Income 6322; A/D: 385xx/445xx;

Units are:
INFATRY:
Viking 8/5: 300
Berserker 11/7: 900
Skirmisher 2/1: 219

For attack - Manticores, for defence - High Priests. Both are have low death rates (although Manticores seem to die more often for me), relatively high attack and defence stats (respectively) and reasonable cost.

Talkazar
08-02-2012, 12:04 AM
I have a question! When I attacked or invaded, I saw many machines, beasts and wizards of my rivals but only infantry with my side.
I wonder why! Thanks!

Depends on what you are referring to:

If you are referring to the 'top 45' order of battle, well everybody takes their strongest units (highest attack if the attacker, highest defense if the defender) up to their alliesx3. It is possible that all your strongest attacking units are infantry, while their strongest defending units are magic/machines/beasts. You can check your rivals army to see what units you are likely to face.

If you are referring to the battle graphic, well again the highest attack units are not necessarily the same as the highest defense units, but also its somewhat buggy (at least on the ipad3) and many units do not appear. In theory your top 3-4 types of highest attack and their highest defense units should appear. (As an aside, by now what appears/should appear on that screen for a lot of people is whatever they have won in various events).

Proprioc3ption
08-02-2012, 05:49 AM
I've got to agree! My goodness, here is a word of advice. This game would cost not even $50 to make, it wld take one person to maintain it and add objectives etc.

The graphics are horrid, I get half complete units at times from the opposition sides...sometimes invisible dudes? WTF?
Pathetic! But what's even more of a worry is that people are wasting some serious money here.

The rest of the game is fun...the Gem driven stuff is total BS, but there are too many dumb people out there. I made the mistake of trying to use gems to better my odds in the box/ case objectives. BIG mistake! Learn from me...don't waste your money buying gems as the game itself is poor graphically, gems are HUGELY overvalued and even though gameplay (outside of the Gem driven stuff) is great and a lot of fun, it still has basic support, a small variety of units with a lot of repeats and lacking balance. Unfortunately in this game...you don't get what you pay for.

Gree player
08-05-2012, 07:45 AM
I've got to agree! My goodness, here is a word of advice. This game would cost not even $50 to make, it wld take one person to maintain it and add objectives etc.

The graphics are horrid, I get half complete units at times from the opposition sides...sometimes invisible dudes? WTF?
Pathetic! But what's even more of a worry is that people are wasting some serious money here.

The rest of the game is fun...the Gem driven stuff is total BS, but there are too many dumb people out there. I made the mistake of trying to use gems to better my odds in the box/ case objectives. BIG mistake! Learn from me...don't waste your money buying gems as the game itself is poor graphically, gems are HUGELY overvalued and even though gameplay (outside of the Gem driven stuff) is great and a lot of fun, it still has basic support, a small variety of units with a lot of repeats and lacking balance. Unfortunately in this game...you don't get what you pay for.

I agree. The graphics during attach/raid are so pathetic. Many times I see rival infantry fighting with just head and no body

The_Red
08-05-2012, 08:34 AM
I agree. The graphics during attach/raid are so pathetic. Many times I see rival infantry fighting with just head and no body

after you've seen it 1000 times, you tend to not pay attention to anything on that screen anymore... just hoping it goes away quicker so you can continue on with the game.

Cap781n
08-10-2012, 10:01 AM
ChEers, thanks for this