PDA

View Full Version : A new discovery? ~ mafia size / being attacked

Dreno33
04-21-2012, 01:09 AM
As some of you may know, I am doing some EXTREME camping and trying to get Nightclubs and upgrade them a few times before buying weapons and partaking in PvP and leveling up on my own. In doing so, I have realized/discovered something that many of you (I don't think) know yet (b/c you may have never looked into it).

GIVEN FACTS:

1) Many of us already know that when attacked/robbed and you win, you gain exp.
2) Experience depends on amount of money you earned by defending yourself successfully.

UNKNOWN:

3) I USED to thing #2 was the case at all times, but now, I have realized how wrong I was.
4) The TRUTH behind how much experienced is gained when winning an attack/robbery against you depends on the MAFIA SIZE.

#4 EXPLAINED:

I am lvl 8 and when I had 10 mafia at lvl 3, I got very few attacks still. Then I accepted pending requests to buy my MT's. I get many more attacks (obviously), but noticed each attack performed gained me more experience (used to be 1-3 exp per attack. Now, 2-7.
**I thought it was b/c of the money earned at the time** Then, I dropped the mafia instantly after buying both b/c I leveled up from 4-6 quickly. I now have 2 friends (3 mafia total) as my Mafia size. Now, it is back down to 1-3 exp per attack even tho I am gaining MORE money on attacks made against me then when I had the 50+ mafia.

In conclusion, experience gained by winning attacks made against you is purely reflected by the size of your Mafia.

POINT?

I am spilling this out in this thread b/c some who are camping at lower levels will need to know this to help prevent leveling too quickly. As for anyone in the higher levels close to leveling themselves.

Thoughts? This is my observation and maybe I will see what happens when I buy my lofts soon...

Pikachu
04-21-2012, 04:31 AM
Interesting... Can anyone else confirm this?

Caleb
04-21-2012, 05:39 AM
Interesting observations, Dreno. Definitely players who are camping can more easily notice changes in the experience total.

This has never been completely clear to me, but my impression was that 1 successfully defended attack resulted in 1 gain in experience. I guess I was assuming that a higher experience gain meant you had fended off several attacks from that player at the same time. It is harder to know exactly how many times you got attacked now since the news feed combines multiple attacks into a single entry. I can say that at my level I have seen a single experience gain multiple times from fending off attacks by different players.

2) Experience depends on amount of money you earned by defending yourself successfully.

I don't recall seeing reference to this behavior before. The times I've won money off of an attack, I haven't known what my experience gain was.

Dreno33
04-21-2012, 06:59 AM
I don't recall seeing reference to this behavior before. The times I've won money off of an attack, I haven't known what my experience gain was.

this was my first observation as it were true in a way since I was winning more money while gaining more exp at the same time. but once I dropped my mafia and CONTINUED to gain the same amount, sometimes more money, the exp was much lower

Coco c
04-21-2012, 07:35 AM
I'm pretty sure Caleb is right. One failed attack is one experience. I think maybe you are getting attacked multiple times by one player. The amount of money won is not related to the experience gain.

CounterSniper
04-21-2012, 07:37 AM
The OP has said in his op that he thought money played a part and now he does not.

Dreno33
04-21-2012, 09:24 AM
I'm pretty sure Caleb is right. One failed attack is one experience. I think maybe you are getting attacked multiple times by one player. The amount of money won is not related to the experience gain.

~~ yes, as CS said. I now believe the mafia size plays a factor (not money earned). ~~

HERE'S A PRECISE EXAMPLE OF MY OBSERVATION:

1) I have received multiple exp at once while IN the game when the news popped up.
2) The newsfeed would show the one attack by someone "You won $0" then I would get off, check MW then come back.
3) When I came back, it showed he attacked two more times. **Different newsfeed posts** (now a total of three times I see his name in a row. One was 4 minutes ago, the other two 2 minutes ago.)
4) I checked my exp and from BEFORE he ever attacked me, I had a total of 328 experience. After, I had 336 experience.

CONCLUSION OF MY EXAMPLE:

I highly doubt this person attacked me EIGHT times and it show up in only three posts.
*I was level 6 or 7 at the time.
*To have a stamina of 8 or higher is highly unlikely at my level.

Thoughts?

Dipstik
04-21-2012, 09:29 AM
My thoughts: man up and play with the big boys.

Dreno33
04-21-2012, 09:37 AM
My thoughts: man up and play with the big boys.

http://cdn.planetminecraft.com/files/resource_media/screenshot/1210/R0MSF_1644302.jpg

deuces
04-21-2012, 11:00 AM
~~ yes, as CS said. I now believe the mafia size plays a factor (not money earned). ~~

HERE'S A PRECISE EXAMPLE OF MY OBSERVATION:

1) I have received multiple exp at once while IN the game when the news popped up.
2) The newsfeed would show the one attack by someone "You won $0" then I would get off, check MW then come back.
3) When I came back, it showed he attacked two more times. **Different newsfeed posts** (now a total of three times I see his name in a row. One was 4 minutes ago, the other two 2 minutes ago.)
4) I checked my exp and from BEFORE he ever attacked me, I had a total of 328 experience. After, I had 336 experience.

CONCLUSION OF MY EXAMPLE:

I highly doubt this person attacked me EIGHT times and it show up in only three posts.
*I was level 6 or 7 at the time.
*To have a stamina of 8 or higher is highly unlikely at my level.

Thoughts?

Highly possible he attacked you 8 times and it didnt show 8 separate attacks. It would be weird for it to show 3 attacks tho also, unless there were gaps in time or wins/other opponent attacks in between his hits.

I think theres a lower cap for max hits at your level, either 6 or 8 maybe? Im not sure, i believe TS or allhail posted it somewhere ~3 months ago?

I too have been under the impression that defending an attack and winning would give you 1xp no matter what. I dont think i've witnessed it tho, so i really cant comment on that for sure. I remember someone in the past that i respected/trusted saying it tho i think, and i went by that.

Maybe you can find another camper with similar stats and hit eachother back and forth and see what you can find out. its really hard to tell, because the newsfeed groups similar hits.

edit: actually, him probably not having that many stamina would make sense as to why it was grouped into 3 hits, since he'd have had to wait a bit before attacking you 2 more times. Him having 6 stamina would be pretty standard i think.

Dreno33
04-21-2012, 11:06 AM
Highly possible he attacked you 8 times and it didnt show 8 separate attacks. It would be weird for it to show 3 attacks tho also, unless there were gaps in time or wins/other opponent attacks in between his hits.

I think theres a lower cap for max hits at your level, either 6 or 8 maybe? Im not sure, i believe TS or allhail posted it somewhere ~3 months ago?

I too have been under the impression that defending an attack and winning would give you 1xp no matter what. I dont think i've witnessed it tho, so i really cant comment on that for sure. I remember someone in the past that i respected/trusted saying it tho i think, and i went by that.

Maybe you can find another camper with similar stats and hit eachother back and forth and see what you can find out. its really hard to tell, because the newsfeed groups similar hits.

its also hard to believe someone would invest almost all SP into stamina at this level. At level 8 I have acquired 21 SP total. this was like two levels ago this happened which means out of 18 SP he used AT LEAST 6 SP on stamina. For our level, that just seems.. weird, i guess. I can't go to his hood and check out his win/loss ratio to see how much he PvPs or what his stats are, so I can't get any more info than what I have written down already

Dreno33
04-21-2012, 07:33 PM
Bumping thread, was wondering if anyone else could give their own experience. I want to see if this is the case or not..

fuzzy
04-21-2012, 07:42 PM
Bumping thread, was wondering if anyone else could give their own experience. I want to see if this is the case or not..

My level 9 account (Fuzz Ball) has 14 stamina. So it is possible. On this account everything into stamina and energy to help out with thug life rounds and farming later on in the game.

deuces
04-21-2012, 07:51 PM
its also hard to believe someone would invest almost all SP into stamina at this level. At level 8 I have acquired 21 SP total. this was like two levels ago this happened which means out of 18 SP he used AT LEAST 6 SP on stamina. For our level, that just seems.. weird, i guess. I can't go to his hood and check out his win/loss ratio to see how much he PvPs or what his stats are, so I can't get any more info than what I have written down already

You start with 5 stamina dont you?

Dreno33
04-21-2012, 08:26 PM
You start with 5 stamina dont you?

yes. Its just hard to believe hardly any will spend points on stamina this early (especially since 2=1 stamina point added). Fuzzy though, it smart and knows haha

deuces
04-21-2012, 11:38 PM
yes. Its just hard to believe hardly any will spend points on stamina this early (especially since 2=1 stamina point added). Fuzzy though, it smart and knows haha

I'd assume someone who was able to beat you knows what they're doing tho, even if they're a big gold spender. I'll try to note next time i get attacked and lose, i dont often watch my xp tho as im constantly fighting/robbing. I'll note my xp and fights won when i go to sleep, and see how things match up tomorrow.

Dreno33
04-22-2012, 10:02 AM
I'd assume someone who was able to beat you knows what they're doing tho, even if they're a big gold spender. I'll try to note next time i get attacked and lose, i dont often watch my xp tho as im constantly fighting/robbing. I'll note my xp and fights won when i go to sleep, and see how things match up tomorrow.

wait.. they didnt beat me.. lol

and thanks for trying that out man. (:

deuces
04-22-2012, 04:54 PM
oops ya fixed part of my post but not the rest lol.

i forgot to check this morning :) will try to remember tonight lol.

Max Power
04-23-2012, 06:14 AM
The game doesn't offer consistant enough data for us to draw any meaningful conclusions.