PDA

View Full Version : How many allies are too many for your level?

overkill 280
04-20-2012, 09:27 PM
I know I made the mistake of getting WAY to many allies. How many allies should I have, when I'm level 58?

War Priest
04-20-2012, 09:30 PM
I know I made the mistake of getting WAY to many allies. How many allies should I have, when I'm level 58?

It depends on your stats. You want them to be higher than most of your rivals, at least while your under level 94. What are you stats?

War Priest
04-20-2012, 09:35 PM
It is complicated because your stats would change. I don't know what they would be when you decrease. So you would have to lower then tell me.

Taking a wild guess, I would say try between 60-80 and see how you do.

At 88 allies, I see a lot of people with 3K defense and 2-3K attack. Think your in that range...?

overkill 280
04-20-2012, 09:38 PM
It depends on your stats. You want them to be higher than most of your rivals, at least while your under level 94. What are you stats?7974 att/10300 def

overkill 280
04-20-2012, 09:41 PM
It is complicated because your stats would change. I don't know what they would be when you decrease. So you would have to lower then tell me.

Taking a wild guess, I would say try between 60-80 and see how you do.

At 88 allies, I see a lot of people with 3K defense and 2-3K attack. Think your in that range...?I sent in a ticket on Thursday requesting removal of all my allies. So I can add only the amount I need.

War Priest
04-20-2012, 09:42 PM
7974 att/10300 def

Honestly it is hard to determine because everyone is different. I would just drop to 100 and compare your stats at the number. Then we can see if even less is better.

War Priest
04-20-2012, 09:44 PM
I sent in a ticket on Thursday requesting removal of all my allies. So I can add only the amount I need.

Ah, the easy way. When I was to high I just went in and removed them one by one whenever I was bored. Since you aren't going down, but up, I will be easier for you to determine. Just compaire rivals stats to yours until your about average and can fend off most rivals. Like I said, most people around 88 allies are only 3K for defense.

overkill 280
04-20-2012, 09:45 PM
Honestly it is hard to determine because everyone is different. I would just drop to 100 and compare your stats at the number. Then we can see if even less is better.Hopefully I hear back soon about my request. Hands are tied otherwise :(

overkill 280
04-20-2012, 09:47 PM
Ah, the easy way. When I was to high I just went in and removed them one by one whenever I was bored. Since you aren't going down, but up, I will be easier for you to determine. Just compaire rivals stats to yours until your about average and can fend off most rivals. Like I said, most people around 88 allies are only 3K for defense.Problem is WP, I cant access my 2nd pg or any other, to be able to remove them. :( I can only see the allies on my first page.

JohnnyR
04-20-2012, 09:47 PM
Good question OK. I used the ally number to judge a person's strength from the rivals list. The formula has changed recently, I'm not sure how it works anymore. Last week at 174 allies I could find guys with 4 allies...now I can only see people typically 60 +/- allies of mine....

What WP says is correct. Any number that sits you comfortably above most your rivals in strength. The recent changes seem to have protected low allied players even further, so going low ally is probably even safer now that big bad wolves can't get ya, lol. I'd get confirmation on this however, as I'm at lvl 94.

If you are interested in PVP play, and are currently doing ok in terms of casualty loss, what I would do to determine a good number is to farm the heck out of minisubs or amphib troopers. Then, when you have a decent amount that losing a dozen or two isn't going to halt your raiding/attacking (say 100 or so) add or drop allies until your weakest units are your farmed units. These have high death rates (ignore stated casualty rates), will ensure good density, and keep your defensive units out of the attack group.

JohnnyR
04-20-2012, 09:50 PM
I am of the opinion that lower is better, and that raissing ally count should only be done when you can fill the additional slots with units that can either maintain density, or increase density.

War Priest
04-20-2012, 09:52 PM
I am of the opinion that lower is better, and that raissing ally count should only be done when you can fill the additional slots with units that can either maintain density, or increase density.

Yep, much better put.

overkill 280
04-20-2012, 09:59 PM
I am of the opinion that lower is better, and that raissing ally count should only be done when you can fill the additional slots with units that can either maintain density, or increase density.Well I guess it's in Funzios hands then. Cause I couldn't even get rid off my allies if i wanted to.

JohnnyR
04-20-2012, 10:29 PM
Well I guess it's in Funzios hands then. Cause I couldn't even get rid off my allies if i wanted to.

Ya can't get rid of your regular allies?

Luke7676
04-20-2012, 11:22 PM
Hey OK how many allies do you have again? Getting in it late sorry :)

War Priest
04-21-2012, 12:04 AM
Hey OK how many allies do you have again? Getting in it late sorry :)

A few hours ago over a thousand.

Luke7676
04-21-2012, 12:19 AM
Good lord.... Yeah he needs to drop lots... He's not even using but what a third of that if not less at his lvl. I'm just at 139 and happy :) he just needs to find that sweets pot. Which is different for everyone. Like y'all were saying above. As soon as I stop seeing bigger increases when I buy units I will start bumping my allies up a bit slowly. But I would think somewhere around a 100 would be good for OK. Just have to work on buying more higher stat units rather then lots of medioker ones which I'm sure is how he's doing it now with all those allies at tht lvl and econemy

overkill 280
04-21-2012, 07:39 AM
Ya can't get rid of your regular allies?No...I dropped all I could, just kept 25, for the $1000 I can collect. But I got some bug some time after I had over 1100, And now I cant request anybody or get to my 2nd page or farther of my allies to get rid of anybody. :(

Luke7676
04-21-2012, 07:42 AM
No...I dropped all I could, just kept 25, for the $1000 I can collect. But I got some bug some time after I had over 1100, And now I cant request anybody or get to my 2nd page or farther of my allies to get rid of anybody. :(

Good thing you sent in a ticket then since something is obviously wrong. GL OK.

overkill 280
04-21-2012, 07:44 AM
Hey OK how many allies do you have again? Getting in it late sorry :)Before I joined the forum and found out otherwise, I thought the more allies the better. So so wrong! lol. So yeah I have 1094 :(

overkill 280
04-21-2012, 07:46 AM
Good thing you sent in a ticket then since something is obviously wrong. GL OK.Yeah waiting to hear back yet. Thanks Luke :)

overkill 280
04-21-2012, 12:47 PM
Is the reason I seem to lose quite a few units when raid/att because of way to many allies?

JohnnyR
04-21-2012, 06:15 PM
It's more like you are put into the bracket of big strong guys, some who have a ton of gold units. The higher the ally number you have, the more likely you'll be a target if you can't fill those slots with good units. Get it?

overkill 280
04-21-2012, 06:29 PM
It's more like you are put into the bracket of big strong guys, some who have a ton of gold units. The higher the ally number you have, the more likely you'll be a target if you can't fill those slots with good units. Get it?Yeah makes sense, that's kinda what I said in the ticket I sent as well. How long until I hear back anyways :mad:

Agent Orange
04-21-2012, 08:14 PM
Funzio is pretty fast at replies, might take a bit longer due to the weekend..

The original question, how much is too much, well below whale territory which keeps moving up probably doesn't make a big difference if you have enough strong units. As others have said it really depends on your level and what you are seeing in terms of rivals.

Some magic numbers though, in whale territory if you don't have a very very strong army you probably want to keep below 498 allies otherwise you are going to be hunted for valour as hitting up rivals with 499 allies or more is a goal. There was the 1 ally method and I'm trying it with KA, what happens is the game tries to keep you grouped with rivals with only 1 ally. That used to work ok with MW right up to whale territory but I don't know if that is the case now. At first I could see players with 1 ally when they crossed the threshold into whale territory and they would get decimated....