PDA

View Full Version : Grunts

SeqWins
04-20-2012, 06:14 PM
I know this is going to open up a can of worms but I was just wondering the consensus or feelings about grunts.

I've played strategy games similar to the cap about allies and weapons brought to battle and such, also in these games after level 100 there's a cap to the number of friends or allies you can bring to battle but that is when grunts come into play.

For every grunt that you have after level 100 being an ally.

Again I'm not proposing this by any means, I believe the game is fine how it is right now I just want to hear your thoughts being as grunts are pretty much useless right now.

War Priest
04-20-2012, 06:19 PM
What...?

Are you sure you know what grunts do?

SeqWins
04-20-2012, 06:20 PM
A grunt counts as an ally...Or enlighten me master.

War Priest
04-20-2012, 06:24 PM
You mean so you can bring in more than just 2000 units?

Maybe I just took it wrong.

commandNconquer
04-20-2012, 06:24 PM
a grunt count as an alliance member therefor in the 500 max allies there may be some grunts, grunts are basically **** and should be removed

War Priest
04-20-2012, 06:27 PM
a grunt count as an alliance member therefor in the 500 max allies there may be some grunts, grunts are basically **** and should be removed

I like grunts. I mean they suck now because you can't remove them, but when I have full 500 allies, I would prefer most of them being grunts rather than humans. Easier to search for friends that way.

SeqWins
04-20-2012, 06:28 PM
You mean so you can bring in more than just 2000 units?

Maybe I just took it wrong.

You did..let me further elaborate..I'm sorry for not being thorough enough.

At level 100 there's an ally cap of 500 allies you can bring to battle of which each bring 4 units making a grand total of 2000 units...

That's the cap but what if a grunt acted as an extra ally after level 100..

For example you're level 100 with 500 allies and 5 grunts...you would have a unit cap of 2020..making sense..

It's the same in other games I've played only difference is the names given, ie hitmen, contract killers....

War Priest
04-20-2012, 06:31 PM

At level 100 there's an ally cap of 500 allies you can bring to battle of which each bring 4 units making a grand total of 2000 units...

For example you're level 100 with 500 allies and 5 grunts...you would have a unit cap of 2020..making sense..

It's the same in other games I've played only difference is the names given, ie hitmen, contract killers....

Got it now. Yeah, your briefing is kind of confusing.

overkill 280
04-20-2012, 06:40 PM
A grunt counts as an ally...Or enlighten me master.Yikes with a reply like that, I was about to get some popcorn. But happy to see it didn't go any farther. :)

Agent Orange
04-20-2012, 06:42 PM

Well there are new PvP features coming and it does seem kind of counterproductive to have an ally cap at 500 considering a lot of players have now made it past L100. There was a very intermittent bug if you went past 1000 allies but that may now have been fixed.

SeqWins
04-20-2012, 06:46 PM
Yikes with a reply like that, I was about to get some popcorn. But happy to see it didn't go any farther. :)

I'm a Marine, always ready to fight..it's in my DNA lol....wuuuuuuuuusaaaaaaa

overkill 280
04-20-2012, 06:52 PM
I'm a Marine, always ready to fight..it's in my DNA lol....wuuuuuuuuusaaaaaaaThat's awesome seq, Good for you :) How long for?

SeqWins
04-20-2012, 06:53 PM
Been a devil for 7 years now lol.....and thanks

overkill 280
04-20-2012, 07:06 PM
Been a devil for 7 years now lol.....and thanksThat's cool! Bet you are liking this game then eh?

SeqWins
04-20-2012, 07:14 PM
Game is pretty cool I log in about once a day and come to the chat occasionally...I was actually a member of the forum for a long time I just couldn't post for some reason..I pmed L-Fizzle about it and it was of no help to my cause so I had to end up making this new account but just coming in here and just reading you guys talk about the games strategy helped see a different perspective and a different side of the game..

overkill 280
04-20-2012, 07:18 PM
Well I'm glad your able to get on here now, It's nice having you here Sir. :)

JMC
04-20-2012, 08:10 PM
I mentioned this idea randomly in a thread about grunts a while back. Though make it limited like 1 or 2 grunts per level. Since you can easily buy grunts for 17 gold, it would make the gold players ridiculously more overpowered.

War Priest
04-20-2012, 08:34 PM
ridiculously more overpowered.

Didn't know there was such a thing. :D

Jp lfs
04-20-2012, 08:46 PM
I mentioned this idea randomly in a thread about grunts a while back. Though make it limited like 1 or 2 grunts per level. Since you can easily buy grunts for 17 gold, it would make the gold players ridiculously more overpowered.

Anything that can be done to make them more useful. For example, you earn one for every section of the map you complete, before you get the extra skill point. It is kind of a bummer before the bonus. And the fact that they were in so many crates, too, means I have 50 of them now after the events... 50!! Not a single one purchased. So any way to make them useful is cool with me. Or let us sell them back for 10 gold a piece or something?

SeqWins
04-21-2012, 08:28 AM
To be more exact the other games I'm talking about is called mobsters and hitmen are really valuable because in this game there's a thing called the hitlist in which people add you and you get attacked randomly by anybody who is hunting to kill from the hitlist..

What I have seen some people do is spend all of their skill points on defense and buy hitmen and just surf the hitlist collecting wins..