PDA

View Full Version : In-Game FAQ!

Crime City Mark
04-20-2012, 03:57 PM
Hey all,

We want to expand the in-game FAQ a bit. Post a single-sentence question here, and I'll try to make a short answer and put it in the FAQ.

War Priest
04-20-2012, 04:01 PM
What are the differences between the three types of avatars?

Bronson
04-20-2012, 04:04 PM
Will KA be having events like MW and CC?

allhaildiscordia
04-20-2012, 04:11 PM
What is the difference between army equipment and hero equipment. (I know the answer but it should be in FAQ)

Euchred
04-20-2012, 04:30 PM
What does defense do on the hero equipment that your hero uses?

War Priest
04-20-2012, 07:32 PM
You already updated it? That was fast...

Ghost818
04-20-2012, 07:58 PM
What does defense do on the hero equipment that your hero uses?
Thats a really good question. I was wondering too lol.

Jp lfs
04-20-2012, 09:08 PM
Will there be crates like in the other games? And btw- thank you for all of your attention lately. It really means a lot.

NeonBlue
04-20-2012, 09:49 PM
Do non-human units (beasts, machines) also use one weapon and one armor? (And do they look funny when doing so?)

War Priest
04-20-2012, 09:53 PM
What exactly "is" Hero Strength?

Can equiptment be lost in batle?

phxzee
04-20-2012, 10:46 PM
Can my army use hero equipment in battle?

War Priest
04-20-2012, 10:50 PM
Can my army use hero equipment in battle?

Yes, but your Hero cannot use army equiptment.

Ghost818
04-20-2012, 10:53 PM
What exactly "is" Hero Strength?

Can equiptment be lost in batle?
Not sure if I'm supposed to answer questions in this thread (sorry CCM if I wasnt supposed to).

1) Hero Strength: with every point invested it raises your total possible damage by 1. Meaning if your strongest weapon is 10 attack /5 defense, your max possible damage is 10. If you have 5 points into Hero Strength then your ,max possible damage is 15.

2) Equipment cannot be lost in battle, however units can.

War Priest
04-20-2012, 11:54 PM
Not sure if I'm supposed to answer questions in this thread (sorry CCM if I wasnt supposed to).

1) Hero Strength: with every point invested it raises your total possible damage by 1. Meaning if your strongest weapon is 10 attack /5 defense, your max possible damage is 10. If you have 5 points into Hero Strength then your ,max possible damage is 15.

How did you figure that out?

What is the math behind that, because I don't see how 10 is still 10 with 1 point, but 15 with 5 points. I would of thought 10 would be 10 with 0 points.

Ghost818
04-21-2012, 12:26 AM
How did you figure that out?

Also what is the math behind that because I don't see how 10 is still 10 with 1 point, but 15 with 5 points. What would 23/8 with 7 points be?

It was just an example so you get the idea, if it was 10 with 1 point, then it would be 11 not 10.

Your best armors attack factors in it too. Your damage =

Best weapons attack # + Best armors attack # + points invested in Hero Strength = Maximum Possible Damage.

This doesnt mean you will always do that exact #, that is your cap.

Sorry if I wasn't more clear before :P

War Priest
04-21-2012, 12:29 AM
Is that just for PVE or for PVP also..?

Ghost818
04-21-2012, 12:33 AM
Is that just for PVE or for PVP also..?

Hero Strength/Maximum Damage only pertains to PVE.

The factor that has to do with PVP is only the attack points invested and your total attack score.

Some extra info: However the better weapons you farm to replace your "best weapon/armor" the higher your attack/defense score becomes, thus benefiting PVE and PVP at the same time. I advise to farm at the last available map, so you can obtain the best possible armor and weapon and raise your attack/defense score simultaneously

War Priest
04-21-2012, 12:36 AM
Hero Strength/Maximum Damage only pertains to PVE.

The factor that has to do with PVP is only the attack points invested and your total attack score.

Ok, thanks for the help ghost. I have yet to master learning the knowledge of this game.

Ghost818
04-21-2012, 01:23 AM
Ok, thanks for the help ghost. I have yet to master learning the knowledge of this game.

Im writing a beginners guide as of right now, this is gonna be a long night.

MarkyMort
04-21-2012, 12:43 PM
How do defensive buildings effect you? Do they help in being attacked and raided?

chumpbuster
04-21-2012, 07:27 PM
this game needs a guide to confusing,

whats the difference between army equipment and hero equipment?

how much hero equipment can your army be equiped with?

how much army equipment can they be equiped with?

how many units can you use per 1 alliance member? eg if you have 100 alliance members can you use 100 units? 100 army equipment? 100 hero euipment?

War Priest
04-21-2012, 07:38 PM

how many units can you use per 1 alliance member? eg if you have 100 alliance members can you use 100 units? 100 army equipment? 100 hero euipment?

If you read the in game FAQ they will answer your questions, so go take a look.

Ghost818
04-21-2012, 09:11 PM

Have you read the guide I have made? Its not too hard to look up and down the threads to see "Beginners Guide For Kingdom Age". Its also in my signature.

heath4pack
04-22-2012, 03:59 AM
Will honor points eventually be used like valor/respect in the other two games?

Ghost818
04-22-2012, 08:37 AM
Will honor points eventually be used like valor/respect in the other two games?
Once you level up, Units are available to be purchased with Honor points.

heath4pack
04-22-2012, 03:25 PM
Thx Ghost.

Another question: in Morogdars Den, the giants rats provide various loot items. One of those is the Filthy Pelt.

When I check my inventory, they are not there. Is this a bug or a joke given that a dead rat will in fact render a filthy albeit small pelt?':p

Ghost818
04-22-2012, 06:25 PM
Thx Ghost.

Another question: in Morogdars Den, the giants rats provide various loot items. One of those is the Filthy Pelt.

When I check my inventory, they are not there. Is this a bug or a joke given that a dead rat will in fact render a filthy albeit small pelt?':p

It is actually a Quest related item, now I don't know if its a joke but I do know that there are quests to find these useless items. I can confirm that they are in the Google + game also, but in the G+ game we have an "items" tab that carries all these useless things.

heath4pack
04-23-2012, 08:23 AM
Cool. Thx again

Ghost818
04-23-2012, 08:32 AM
Cool. Thx again
No problem, I have already advised the devs that this might be a necessary tab for KA iOS also.

Poon
04-24-2012, 03:35 AM
Are some buildings only allowed to be built on water? For example; Water Temple of Healing(reduced casualty rate) and Shipyard(18 hour gold income)?

I tried building both on land and it would not allow me to.

Njwmrb
04-24-2012, 08:35 AM
Are some buildings only allowed to be built on water? For example; Water Temple of Healing(reduced casualty rate) and Shipyard(18 hour gold income)?

I tried building both on land and it would not allow me to.

Yes they can only be built on water.

Ghost818
04-24-2012, 10:36 AM

I remember when I had finally saved up that 12K for the Water Temple, and literally took me about an hour to redesign my kingdom so I can fit it properly while my expansion was in progress. After I was done I was kinda angry at myself for not noticing its name, Water Temple of healing. lol

Ace25
04-24-2012, 01:12 PM
How do you get/earn Gems?? Without having to buy
Them of course. How do you earn them in the game?
Have played for a while but have not seen a way to do this.

Ghost818
04-24-2012, 01:51 PM
How do you get/earn Gems?? Without having to buy
Them of course. How do you earn them in the game?
Have played for a while but have not seen a way to do this.

The only way to get gems is by buying them with real money. Tapjoy may or may not be available in the future.

Poon
04-24-2012, 04:18 PM

Thanks. Just finished my land expansion into water. Water Temple of Healing takes approximately 24 hours to build. Hopefully it's well worth it and I'm not losing my units after every other PvP.

Ghost818
04-24-2012, 04:30 PM
Thanks. Just finished my land expansion into water. Water Temple of Healing takes approximately 24 hours to build. Hopefully it's well worth it and I'm not losing my units after every other PvP.

It only reduces it by 3%, and the next upgrade is 24K. which is 6% less casualties.

NeonBlue
04-24-2012, 10:07 PM
Is the Shipyard the money building that unlocks at level 21, and sells for 6,500? (I'm too low level to see the name.) If so, it would be nice if the icon showed it on water, so that I could correctly plan my expansion to the shoreline. Also, does it straddle land/water, or does it want to sit completely in the water?

Ghost818
04-24-2012, 11:37 PM
Is the Shipyard the money building that unlocks at level 21, and sells for 6,500? (I'm too low level to see the name.) If so, it would be nice if the icon showed it on water, so that I could correctly plan my expansion to the shoreline. Also, does it straddle land/water, or does it want to sit completely in the water?

Complete water, I know it sucks, its one more expansion :/

WillF
04-25-2012, 09:22 AM
Hey all,

We want to expand the in-game FAQ a bit. Post a single-sentence question here, and I'll try to make a short answer and put it in the FAQ.

How do I view different units while attacking?

Ghost818
04-25-2012, 09:52 AM
How do I view different units while attacking?

I answered this in the other post you made.

superdad
04-25-2012, 11:21 AM
My question is an obvious one...

What exactly does hero attack and defense (not to be confused with hero strength) do? It says it helps you win battles, but how exactly?

Ghost818
04-25-2012, 12:24 PM
My question is an obvious one...

What exactly does hero attack and defense (not to be confused with hero strength) do? It says it helps you win battles, but how exactly?

The higher your attack score, the higher chance of winning battles/raids.

The higher your defense score, the higher chance of successfully defending against attacks and raids.

The more points you have invested in the attack skill, raises your chances of winning battles raids.

The more points you have invested in the defense skill, raises your chances of successfully defending against attacks and raids.

superdad
04-26-2012, 11:29 AM
I meant actually knowing exactly what it does. I.e. is it a percentage multiplier? Is it calculated before/after combat? etc...

Each point could be +0.5% to your attack/defense values.

Or, it could be a flat bonus, say 10

Or, the delta between his attack and your defense (or vise versa when you are attacking), each delta point is worth 1% to entirely overwrite the outcome of the battle. I.e. this would be calculated after the battle numbers are compared.

I'd be interested to know exactly how this works, so that I could math out the value of the point.

Ghost818
04-26-2012, 12:12 PM
I meant actually knowing exactly what it does. I.e. is it a percentage multiplier? Is it calculated before/after combat? etc...

Each point could be +0.5% to your attack/defense values.

Or, it could be a flat bonus, say 10

Or, the delta between his attack and your defense (or vise versa when you are attacking), each delta point is worth 1% to entirely overwrite the outcome of the battle. I.e. this would be calculated after the battle numbers are compared.

I'd be interested to know exactly how this works, so that I could math out the value of the point.

The actual benefit is unknown because Funzio wants it to remain a mystery. It is the same way in CC and MW.

William the Mage
05-06-2012, 09:47 AM
Why does my ally counter say I have 5 allies but I only see 3 on my ally list?

Ghost818
05-06-2012, 10:19 AM
Why does my ally counter say I have 5 allies but I only see 3 on my ally list?

Perhaps you have grunts, (in game awarded allies) when you go to your allies menu, scroll all the way down, it will say grunts and a # next to it.

Joshlmccoy
05-08-2012, 08:19 PM
Does equipment have casualty rate like units do? Like after a while, will you ever lose that equipment?

FisK
05-08-2012, 08:39 PM
Does equipment have casualty rate like units do? Like after a while, will you ever lose that equipment?
No. It is only Units that you can lose in battle. Where are no casualty rate on equipment. I think that is why units are a lot cheaper then equipment with the same stat.

JimCrow
05-13-2012, 08:00 PM
Do non-human units (beasts, machines) also use one weapon and one armor? (And do they look funny when doing so?)

Can we get an answer to this please ghost I'm wondering myself

Ghost818
05-13-2012, 09:01 PM
Can we get an answer to this please ghost I'm wondering myself

Yes, all units equip 1 armor and 1 weapon. The animation is just for fun purposes, it has no effect on the outcome of the attack or raid.

JimCrow
05-15-2012, 02:19 PM
So say I have a total of 500 units roughly 200 BR's 100 priests and 100 or so beast/infantry. Can each of these equip 1 and armor and weapon? Say I currently only have 200 available armor and 200 weapons, how come when I buy in army equipment some more armor/weapons I don't see an increase in attack/def ?

Ghost818
05-15-2012, 04:02 PM
What level are you? Here is how it works:
You can only use 5 allies per level regardless of how many you add. Each of Those allies bring 3 units and each unit brings 1 armor and 1 weapon.

Example: you are level 20.

20 * 5 = 100 allies used, 100 * 3 = 300 units max used and you only use 300 weapons and 300 armor.

Make sense?

JimCrow
05-15-2012, 06:23 PM
So lets say im level 30 and I currently have 39 allies. So 30x5 = 150 and 150x3 = 450. I can use 450 individual weapon/armor. currently I have about 175 of each (wep/armor) so even adding weak armor/weapons I should see an increase in attack/def yea?

Also say I currently have over 450 total units, if my max is just 450 will it take the strongest attack/def given I'm attacking/raiding or defending an attack/raid?

Bea
05-16-2012, 06:17 AM
How is the percentage increase to units from boost buildings applied? Will it increase the stats of individual units in the store and inventory, or just your overall attack/defense stats as shown on the Stats tab of your profile?

Ghost818
05-16-2012, 09:54 AM
So lets say im level 30 and I currently have 39 allies. So 30x5 = 150 and 150x3 = 450. I can use 450 individual weapon/armor. currently I have about 175 of each (wep/armor) so even adding weak armor/weapons I should see an increase in attack/def yea?

Also say I currently have over 450 total units, if my max is just 450 will it take the strongest attack/def given I'm attacking/raiding or defending an attack/raid?

If you only have 39 allies, that means you only take 117 units armor and weapons. The 450 is if you had 150 allies.

JimCrow
05-16-2012, 02:43 PM
oh okay, is there an actuall way to see your current number of units or do you just go off of the green bar stats, meaning if it's full you obviously have that amount

Freekizh
05-16-2012, 03:09 PM
How is the percentage increase to units from boost buildings applied? Will it increase the stats of individual units in the store and inventory, or just your overall attack/defense stats as shown on the Stats tab of your profile?

Hi Bea, congrats on your first post. The boost will apply to individual applicable units, but will not be shown in the store Or inventory value, rather it wll be added to your total stats if that unit falls within your unit cap for att or def, subject to unit order priority.

Please post further boost questions in an existing boost thread so that others can search for boost building queries. Thanks.

Ghost818
05-16-2012, 03:51 PM
oh okay, is there an actuall way to see your current number of units or do you just go off of the green bar stats, meaning if it's full you obviously have that amount

The bars are correct, if they are full then you are using the best units you have at your level cap, if you have more those wont be used till you add more allies.

Funkey monkey
05-20-2012, 04:29 AM
I have 69 allies, 207 units, 207 weapons but more than 207 armor (based upon the green bars). I was thinking after I add any more weapons or armor, I wouldn't see my stats increase proportionately since I will be replacing an old weapon. However, my stats under my profile continues to increase. If I add a 1/5 armor, under stats, my attack goes up 1 and defense goes up 5. The number of armor on the green bar stays at 207. How do I know what stats I go into an attack?

Ghost818
05-20-2012, 03:17 PM
I have 69 allies, 207 units, 207 weapons but more than 207 armor (based upon the green bars). I was thinking after I add any more weapons or armor, I wouldn't see my stats increase proportionately since I will be replacing an old weapon. However, my stats under my profile continues to increase. If I add a 1/5 armor, under stats, my attack goes up 1 and defense goes up 5. The number of armor on the green bar stays at 207. How do I know what stats I go into an attack?

Clarify your question please, what stats go into an attack, as in what weapons/armor/units you use? Or just the total Attack statistic?

Funkey monkey
05-20-2012, 07:20 PM
I think I understand that during an attack or defense, KA will use your best units, weapons and armor for your available count based upon your allies. I was thinking the total stats would only reflect the number you would take. However, even after I have topped out of units, weapons and armor my stats continue to increase based upon what I add. So are the A/D stats under profile total stats, not the available stats for attack/defense? How can I know the actual stats that I take into a battle?

Kiss Of Death
05-21-2012, 09:35 PM
Work out a spread sheet like me or attack someone and look at your top 45, concentrate on increasing those units and items if you can... I use an excell sheet which gives me a reasonable accuracy but as someone mentioned before I think certain units can only use certain items and weapons. Otherwise the spreadsheet would be accurate I have. I can't think of any other reason... as such I concentrate on Magic units which seems to give me a strong A/D as opposed to when i was concentrating on infanctry units... most of my armour and items of high power are magic related. This is my guess work only...

King Chaos
05-21-2012, 09:39 PM
Check out my thread and post your codes.
LINK BELOW!!!!!!!!!!!!