PDA

View Full Version : Making/Acquiring Gold.

Barracuda
04-20-2012, 08:09 AM
In the first few levels you could easily find someone holding 800 gold making for a nice plunder. Now from level 6/7/8 I'm finding fewer and fewer people holding gold worth stealing in fact it's very difficult to find someone holding much at all over their vault amount.

Obviously at this level economies are generally not that well developed so stealing from buildings is not such an attractive prospect.

That leaves questing. Generally I'm trying to slow the level increase, but I'm not sure if that is the right strategy. Perhaps in the early days we are required to quest as much as possible to pick up whatever loot we can and increase our allies as soon as we can equip them with a broken stick and a cardboard shield!

What are your thoughts? Where are you making your gold? Do we have any purist campers out there? Building their economies slooooowly with money acquired from pitiful plunder? Seems camping to a degree might be good idea, but it's getting the right balance.

I for one am going to start questing more and see where it takes me.

allhaildiscordia
04-20-2012, 08:18 AM
Visiting allies is gets $25/ally to a certain number/day.

There's a real chicken/egg problem regarding vault size and building upgrades. The bank upgrades take so long you need to always be doing one and in the mean time you'll be collecting money from your buildings. But then you'll be waiting on upgrades so you'll be buying land expansions you don't yet just to get rid of the cash because you know if you hold on to it you'll lose it anyway.

philhull
04-20-2012, 08:25 AM
I'm sure funzio have screwed us over with waiting times on upgrades/vault waiting times to pressure some people into buying diamonds (to skip waiting) early on. I'm almost tempted myself but I'm not going to fall for it.

[edit] I actually joined the forum to make that post :-/ .... *scurries back into the shadows*

Barracuda
04-20-2012, 09:08 AM
I think you're absolutely right Philhull. Those sneaky bastards. (Can I say that here?)

If you are increasing alliances then that extra cash that you don't want stolen can go towards weapons, armor and if needed, units. I think in the very early stages you can get by with the 100g stuff at 2 att/2 def.

Because it seems you still have access to a lot of other users above and below your alliance level it pays to add a few and get them kitted out with something/anything.

Turns out Silos are a nice rob if you can find them btw.

I won't be buying diamonds yet. Nice try Funzio!