PDA

View Full Version : Lvl 83 - What next? Expert advice needed

jphil1
04-20-2012, 02:15 AM
To all the experts who have contributed awesome posts on here and know the insides and outs of MW, I was wondering if I could get some feedback. Specifically, I am interested in getting your take on:

1) how should i be getting my attack and defense up given where i am in the game right now? meat shields vs. buying more powerful units vs. boost buildings
2) should upgrades be spent on jacking up boost buildings to reach say, level 5 first, or should money buildings be max'd first (within reason - like getting my munitions stockpile(both at lvl7) up higher along with other lower buildings...don't have a way of getting the cash for upgrading oil rigs and other more costly buildings yet)

I'm not worried about progressing through the maps (unless i should be?). If i were to start again though, I'm halfway through the government area...have been keeping busy with the advanced destroyer every few hours instead.

Here are my stats:
Iran, Level 83
All non-gold buildings except nanotech
Vault 5mil (awaiting new upgrade completion)

Unit buildings (level): barracks (7), war factory (7), airfield (7), shipyard (4), advanced airbase (2), elite training (1)
Boost buildings (level): Infirmary (3), airship hangar (2), genetics (2), naval research (1)

attack 10668 and defense 12341….with 2294 units, comprising:

Infantry- 107 ampib trooper, 30 gig, 220 ranger, 220 scout, 220 medic, 25 sniper & flamethrower and 10 or less of other units (none of which have a/d beyond 10/10)
Ground- 1 raid tank, 8 steel cannon, 202 hummers, 175 jeeps, 175 army trucks, 40 avengers, 30 brads, 30 apcs, 7 ambulance, 5 anti air, few others <10 but nothing impressive
Air- 87 super hornets, 124 fighter jets, 10 strike eagle, 20 spectre gunship, 20 eagle fighter, 5 eagle wing, 6 pavelow copters, all others are pretty insignificant and in quantities of less than 10
Sea- 15 cruisers, 93 patrol boats, steath siege, 3 sea scouts, 10 subs, all others are pretty insignificant and in quantities of less than 10

thanks all, i appreciate it!!

Thunder Child
04-20-2012, 02:25 AM
@ jphil1
Change your country to either Russia or UK, and yes, increase your boost buildings first and then continue with money upgrades (you're doing pretty well on that front BTW)
Other people will offer you heaps more advice, and I would add more but I gotta teach!

Everson25
04-20-2012, 02:43 AM
Hi Jphill1! I'm lvl 85 so soon you will appear in my list of rivals as I'm camping for a bit just to improve my defence. At the moment I'm 21k D which is quite low but i don't have many players attacking me lately. It's good as i hv more time to improve my defence. Like you I hv just the Nanos to build up. My incoming per hour is 213K and I've been buying some Medics = 500 (cheap units to give a quick boost), Sea Scout = 170, Stealth frigate = 37 and SH = 103. I was buying some expensive ones before but decided changing estrategies and buying some more affordable which would give me some quick boost right now. It helped me at the moment but i know that there is still lots to improve.

Aidan
04-20-2012, 05:14 AM
1) how should i be getting my attack and defense up given where i am in the game right now? meat shields vs. buying more powerful units vs. boost buildings
2) should upgrades be spent on jacking up boost buildings to reach say, level 5 first, or should money buildings be max'd first (within reason - like getting my munitions stockpile(both at lvl7) up higher along with other lower buildings...don't have a way of getting the cash for upgrading oil rigs and other more costly buildings yet)

Here are my stats:
Iran, Level 83
All non-gold buildings except nanotech
Vault 5mil (awaiting new upgrade completion)

Unit buildings (level): barracks (7), war factory (7), airfield (7), shipyard (4), advanced airbase (2), elite training (1)
Boost buildings (level): Infirmary (3), airship hangar (2), genetics (2), naval research (1)

attack 10668 and defense 12341….with 2294 units

I'm no expert either but hv some suggestions fr u

1) wht is ur ally count? If u r running a low ally, then 12k def is good but if u r at full allies, those number need to be increase by 3-4k.

U r playing as iran so u wont be doing much pvp except fr valors mission. So u gonna need def, def, def n def. i would get those medic up to 300, ambulance 100, hawk drone 100 n sea scout 50. Tht shud get u to 16-17k raw def.

2) noticed tht u u dont hv composites factory n it looks like u r 100% free plyr. I would strongly suggest tht u get it as u gonna need it past L95. U cn hit tapjoy fr some n buy the rest.

U cn focus on whichever type of buildings (boosts vs money) u want fr now. Doesnt matter. If u choose boosts, focus on naval n hangar since u got lots of SH n patrol boat.

For valors, spend it on M270 moving on forwards. I wudnt suggest this if u r doing lots of pvp as they easily die compared to SH n SF. Since u wont be doing much pvp n focused on pve, so buying them will be a good choice- 37 def stat.

StuN
04-20-2012, 06:54 AM
@Everson you're lucky no one is attacking you. I'm camped down at lvl 84 with 29k def & I get attacked & still lose regularly. Just makes me more determined to camp down until my def is at least 40k

Everson25
04-20-2012, 09:01 AM
@Everson you're lucky no one is attacking you. I'm camped down at lvl 84 with 29k def & I get attacked & still lose regularly. Just makes me more determined to camp down until my def is at least 40k

It's true Ive been lucky. I don't leave anything unprotected so maybe those that come to raid don't see that's worth to lose expensive units for not much. I'm also aiming for 40k D.

jphil1
04-20-2012, 03:20 PM
thanks for the awesome feedback everyone. time to get to work!

possum
04-20-2012, 07:09 PM
I'm no expert, but I fail to understand why people post attack/defense scores without indicating the amount of allies they have. Otherwise the number is meaningless (no offense).

Kamakuro
04-20-2012, 07:11 PM
886-006-820 add me in MW pls

jphil1
04-20-2012, 07:35 PM
possum, 613. ;)

possum
04-20-2012, 07:53 PM
Okay, in my humble opinion, you need to invest in better units and/or decrease the number of allies you have.

I know people want to concentrate on their economy, but it's high time you focus on your boost buildings and investment in a better army.

Don't be shy in buying million+ $ units, the more the better IMHO.

Agent Orange
04-20-2012, 08:10 PM
possum, 613. ;)

Oh dear, you are going to be a nice valour target with that ally count. With an army as weak as yours and I think weak in whale land is 40,000+ defence you need to cut back your number of allies to at least 498 since that is where folks will start to leave you alone once they hit the 499 ally or greater goal for valour.